Pathfinder 2e

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Fully expecting my wife's sorcerer to prove that right, but I am highly amused at being a fist chemist. (Threw two gauntlets on him as weapons since they are free hand.)
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Like self buffing and then punching? Or are the gauntlets there 'cause there's no drawback
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

I had no idea what to pick and looking at the Free Hand trait they don't cause you to lose the hand for other things, so he can alternate between holding items and punching as needed.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Update: Two encounters have been completely negated by Calm Emotions. Seems magic is still king.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

Up until you cast it on someone higher level than you, anyway. Then they get a +10 or so to the save. This assumes that you keep the spell heightened to the max level, and at odd-numbered character levels it also works against enemies one level higher than you IIRC.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

TOZ wrote:Update: Two encounters have been completely negated by Calm Emotions. Seems magic is still king.
I'm assuming that's something the diplomacy or whatnot skill doesn't do
GâtFromKI
Knight-Baron

Post by GâtFromKI »

TOZ wrote:Update: Two encounters have been completely negated by Calm Emotions. Seems magic is still king.
There are very specific encounters that can be solved by Calm emotion end similar spell. If the monsters have the same level as the PCs, Calm emotion won't work thanks to the "incapacitation" trait; if the monsters have 2 or 3 less level than the PCs, they aren't relevant: Calm emotion handle them, but a fighter could wade into melee and kill them all with minimal damages. But if the encounter is composed of 4 Level-1 monsters, Calm emotion can instantly remove two of them from the fight and transform a hard ancounter into a trivial encounter.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

OgreBattle wrote:
I'm assuming that's something the diplomacy or whatnot skill doesn't do
I was going to say 'not against hostile animals' but I actually haven't checked how druids interact with animals now. She could very well have used Diplomacy, I imagine.

We're still only 1st level.
Last edited by TOZ on Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Orca wrote:Up until you cast it on someone higher level than you, anyway. Then they get a +10 or so to the save. This assumes that you keep the spell heightened to the max level, and at odd-numbered character levels it also works against enemies one level higher than you IIRC.
"If a spell has the incapacitation trait, any creature of more than twice the spell's level treats the result of their check to prevent being incapacitated by the spell as one degree of success better, or the result of any check the spellcaster made to incapacitate them as one degree of success worse."

They can still fail, but the math of the game makes that pretty unlikely, as I understand it.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

For those interested, a second company is looking to Pathfinder Pathfinder. The first, Purple Duck Games' Porphyra went nowhere much as far as I can tell; Legendary Games' version, currently named Corefinder, is still at the point where they're throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks, but you can talk to them on their Discord or on threads on various messageboards.
WiserOdin032402
Master

Post by WiserOdin032402 »

Neat. If it works out, that'd be great.
Longes wrote:My favorite combination is Cyberpunk + Lovecraftian Horror. Because it is really easy to portray megacorporations as eldritch entities: they exist for nothing but generation of profit for the good of no one but the corporation itself, they speak through interchangeable prophets-CEOs, send their cultists-wageslaves to do their dark bidding, and slowly and uncaringly grind life after life that ends in their path, not caring because they are far removed from human morality.
DSMatticus wrote:Poe's law is fucking dead. Satire is truth and truth is satire. Reality is being performed in front of a live studio audience and they're fucking hating it. I'm having Cats flashbacks except now the cats have always been at war with Eurasia. What the fuck is even real? Am I real? Is Obama real? Am I Obama? I don't fucking know, man.
Archmage
Knight-Baron

Post by Archmage »

Wow. It's the Waluigi of tabletop RPGs.
P.C. Hodgell wrote:That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.
shadzar wrote:i think the apostrophe is an outdated idea such as is hyphenation.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

A worthless thing that nobody except the worst people want?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

... I feel attacked for picking Waluigi in Mario Kart.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Last edited by TOZ on Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I thought I knew what Waluigi was and only after watching this do I realize how ignorant I really was.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.