Some Personal Classes made for 3.75 ed

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

virgil
King

Post by virgil »

It's the list you made with the Hullathoin, Nightmare Beast, etc. The opening quote box's brackets weren't closed properly.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

virgileso wrote:The cohort doesn't have the basic Protection from Evil effect to negate mind control for the succubi harem? Can he beat the medusae if he closes his eyes on his action, thus only dealing with Iterative Probability in the first round (54% success rate if they're lucky and all w/in 30' at the start)?

But out of the ones you know, he's winning 9 out of 13 (69% success rate)? Does this cohort have the expected wealth (roughly) of a PC or an NPC at his level? Because if he's on the poorer end, he can easily turn two of those into wins by getting flight & protection from evil in the monetary catch-up.
I was going to tell Leress off for being completely unhelpful and not telling me where the actual problem lied, since I looked several times and didn't see anything. But you pointed it out, so nevermind. Fixed.

Didn't get into custom items of that sort. It seemed pretty pointless since the other cohort could just go stand close to him (Magic Circle against Evil, Unicorn) if we're talking about a group arrangement, on the off chance he failed in the first place.

Flight would likewise require a custom item, since you need haste, flight, and short range teleport for basic utility and functioning. And that is simply a matter of lacking the resources at this time. Not to mention most of the good fliers would have no trouble removing a CL 5 spell anyways.

As for the medusa, I figure they'd keep moving around to take advantage of their mounted status, so if he kept his eyes closed he wouldn't even know what square to attack in, and no fair taking the gaze protection crystal since he doesn't already have it and presumably wouldn't have enough warning to hit up Cannith mart for it even if he did have the cash.

Anyways, this character has above average wealth, from hanging around an artificer. Doesn't affect his raw power much, but does affect his utility considerably.

If the list were heavier on decent aerial attackers, which are pretty common at these levels he'd have a lot more losses. Even with flight, that's still at least one round down, and that's if they can't hit DC 16 Dispel checks (hint: any level appropriate greater dispel auto passes, and even normal dispel does it 75% of the time, stock). So I'd say if the list more accurately represented level 15 stuff (Frank was going easy on Mguy) and didn't overvalue the lowest end level 12 dragons you'd see an end result of 'basic competence' more than 'above par'. And the fact it took more cash than a PC by a factor of +50-100% or more just to hit basic competence is a mark against beatsticks. But that's no surprise to anyone.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Still it would seem you'd have items to help you with flight (since flying monsters are to be expected). You're assuming that the monsters would automatically have what they'd need to pin you down to the ground why wouldn't you have items to trump the abilities that they have to kill you with? I know that there are cheap goggles you can get that would block petrification or gaze effects from working and if there aren't and you or your cohort don't have the UMD to slather on some anti fuck me spells on yourself before you go into a fight aren't you short changing yourself? Seeing as this guy is optimized in every other way I would think that such utilities wouldn't be hard to come by.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:Still it would seem you'd have items to help you with flight (since flying monsters are to be expected). You're assuming that the monsters would automatically have what they'd need to pin you down to the ground why wouldn't you have items to trump the abilities that they have to kill you with? I know that there are cheap goggles you can get that would block petrification or gaze effects from working and if there aren't and you or your cohort don't have the UMD to slather on some anti fuck me spells on yourself before you go into a fight aren't you short changing yourself? Seeing as this guy is optimized in every other way I would think that such utilities wouldn't be hard to come by.
Because even with greater than normal resources you still cannot think of, much less block everything. I mean really, how often do you fight swarms of mooks that try to use Iterative Probability to their advantage? Usually just 95% it is enough unless you get unlucky.

As for the goggles, that's a face slot item. So is the +4 bullshit bonus to Will saves mask. Which comes up more often? Exactly. That again means custom items.

Now, given a minute of forewarning a 3rd level infusion slot gives immunity to transmutation, which includes petrify. That could even be cut down to 1 round with an AP. But I thought this was testing him, and not groups.

So yeah, the obscure stuff can get him if it's not foreseen. And the flight is a matter of running out of cash combined with people having Mass Fly, so there was little point.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I'd have to assume that in any campaign even a quick dungeon run you'd find out you're fighting medusa or demons like succubi well before you run into them. Stopping by your local I have anything shop to pick up a cheap item or scroll for the challenge at hand doesn't seem crazy but the real big leak in the iterative probability thing is the probability part. I don't know how the people here do probability but I know a thing or two about percentages.

The harem of succubi? The horde of medusa? If each one only has a 5% chance of ever getting their "I fucked you ability" in it would take well over 10 of them to even amount to a 10% chance a turn to do it. It would then take over 5 rounds of all of them living to get a 20% chance at them charm effecting you. You'd most likely win these encounters over 50% of the time. And I have to assume that since there's so many of them they are right out of the book so they are most likely doing shit for damage. The Medusa are even worse off since half of the horde is taken up by hellcats so they have an even worse chance of actually gaze fucking you. Their mobility isn't such a big problem that can't be solved with a good mount or simple fly item which I would readily assume you have at 15th level. You mentioned earlier that dispels would fuck you over yet in the encounter presented you'd have to assume they they are just as ill prepared to counter your shit as you are theirs so, right out of the book, they would not have dispels. If you start optimizing the enemy to work against you you would then have to start optimizing yourself to make it even.

Edit: Scratch that I just thought about it. The Succubi would be more fucked because they'd have to all waste their actions to even TRY and charm you off and most likely the harem is in an enclosed space. No where for them to spread and run to.
Last edited by MGuy on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:I'd have to assume that in any campaign even a quick dungeon run you'd find out you're fighting medusa or demons like succubi well before you run into them. Stopping by your local I have anything shop to pick up a cheap item or scroll for the challenge at hand doesn't seem crazy but the real big leak in the iterative probability thing is the probability part. I don't know how the people here do probability but I know a thing or two about percentages.
Well if you know they're coming and grab the counter anything is trivial. 15s can fight 25s and win if made well and they know the 25 is coming. But because attacker advantage is so important, it's expected that sometimes the enemies jump you.
The harem of succubi? The horde of medusa? If each one only has a 5% chance of ever getting their "I fucked you ability" in it would take well over 10 of them to even amount to a 10% chance a turn to do it. It would then take over 5 rounds of all of them living to get a 20% chance at them charm effecting you. You'd most likely win these encounters over 50% of the time. And I have to assume that since there's so many of them they are right out of the book so they are most likely doing shit for damage. The Medusa are even worse off since half of the horde is taken up by hellcats so they have an even worse chance of actually gaze fucking you. Their mobility isn't such a big problem that can't be solved with a good mount or simple fly item which I would readily assume you have at 15th level. You mentioned earlier that dispels would fuck you over yet in the encounter presented you'd have to assume they they are just as ill prepared to counter your shit as you are theirs so, right out of the book, they would not have dispels. If you start optimizing the enemy to work against you you would then have to start optimizing yourself to make it even.
You say you understand probability but you clearly don't. Even if there's only 6 of them, 5% per enemy per round means 2 rounds in you're close to the 50% chance of auto losing point. And about the only way six will die in two rounds is if they all stay in melee range the entire time, which they have no reason to do. So even if they play dumb, spammed probabilities are enough. Since they have no reason to ever do that, that's what? 1-2 die a round? And 6 isn't even that big a swarm. Or harem, whatever. After all, these fuckers are like level 7. Which means a routine encounter is 16 of them.

Being fair here, you only get to survive that if you have immunity or can one round them all before they can move.

As for the dispels, I said they'd fuck him over against fliers. Which those aren't. But most of the other fliers do have it, and both the boots and the potions are minimum CL, thus DC 16 to remove. Auto pass.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I'm going to hold back laughter at your understanding of probability and ask you to please show your math on that 50% there because I think somewhere along the line you made a critical mistake.

But let me show you my math so you might understand 5% chance per roll. 6 targets that means 6 rolls each with a 5% chance of success. you have a 1/20 chance on any 1 roll to lose it. so that would be .o5 times 1.05 times 1.05 times 1.05 times 1.05 times 1.05. that is about a 6.4% chance in one round to fail. In two rounds if none of them die that would be 6.8% of a chance you fail.

Now If you have some other magic way you handle numbers I'd very much like to see it. But as for percentages that's how its SUPPOSED to be done.

How many fliers (CR:15s and below) out of the Monster Manual actually have Dispel on them without someone adding it to them?
Last edited by MGuy on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeruslord
Knight-Baron

Post by zeruslord »

No. probability does not work that way. You have a 95% chance of succeeding on each individual roll. To get the chance of two unrelated events occurring, you multiply the probabilities together. so if you have six rolls, the probability is .95 * .95 * .95 * .95 * .95 * .95= .73, and a 27% chance of failing.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

But don't you only multiply the chances together for related events? like deduction rates? If you roll a 12 dice by that method (math math math) that would be 54% that I would get a one out of all those *GASP* I am totally wrong. I knew I should've listened to my teacher when she said that shit would come in handy some day. *is shamed*
Emerald
Knight-Baron

Post by Emerald »

zeruslord wrote:No. probability does not work that way. You have a 95% chance of succeeding on each individual roll. To get the chance of two unrelated events occurring, you multiply the probabilities together. so if you have six rolls, the probability is .95 * .95 * .95 * .95 * .95 * .95= .73, and a 27% chance of failing.
Precisely. And in the second round, you have (.73)^2 = 53.29% chance of success and 46.71% chance of failure, right around the 50% chance originally quoted.
MGuy wrote:*GASP* I am totally wrong. I knew I should've listened to my teacher when she said that shit would come in handy some day. *is shamed*
Don't worry, we've all made math mistakes at one point. Just try not to be sarcastic or insulting before you've made sure you're right next time. ;)
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:I'm going to hold back laughter at your understanding of probability and ask you to please show your math on that 50% there because I think somewhere along the line you made a critical mistake.

But let me show you my math so you might understand 5% chance per roll. 6 targets that means 6 rolls each with a 5% chance of success. you have a 1/20 chance on any 1 roll to lose it. so that would be .o5 times 1.05 times 1.05 times 1.05 times 1.05 times 1.05. that is about a 6.4% chance in one round to fail. In two rounds if none of them die that would be 6.8% of a chance you fail.

Now If you have some other magic way you handle numbers I'd very much like to see it. But as for percentages that's how its SUPPOSED to be done.

How many fliers (CR:15s and below) out of the Monster Manual actually have Dispel on them without someone adding it to them?
Don't go back into dumbass mode. Your math is horrifically inaccurate to the point of being offensive.

Zerus however has it right. You have a 95% chance to survive one iteration. You have a 90.25% chance of surviving 2, as there is a 5% chance you fail the first and a 5% chance you fail the second, but the second is moot if you fail the first, therefore 100% * .95 * .95 = 90.25%.

By 6 shots there is a roughly 26.5% chance you are annihilated. After a dozen, there is a roughly 46% chance you are annihilated. It crosses the coin toss line at 14 iterations, where you are more likely than not dead.

After 30 times there is a 78.5% chance you have been annihilated.

After 40, 87.15%.

After 50, 92.3%.

Now every single one of these are getting to try every single round. Hint: It doesn't take long to reach 14 attempts (probable loss) and it doesn't take too much longer to reach 30 (almost certain loss) when dealing with a 'dozen' or a 'harem'. In fact it takes a little over one round, which given that the most he could kill in a round is 4 because that's how many attacks he has, even if they just stood there like dumbasses Iterative Probability still likely ensures their victory.

But I don't know why you're whining about this this much. If anything I expected people to attack the victories.

Edit: Ninjas. Leaving the tentative flames alone though.
Last edited by Roy on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I can hardly believe there's such a high chance to roll a one. I've often gone entire game days without rolling a one (or even a 20) on anything @.@
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:I can hardly believe there's such a high chance to roll a one. I've often gone entire game days without rolling a one (or even a 20) on anything @.@
There is when you need 1 1 and roll the die many times. And there are only 20 possibilities.

Protip: You should have at least one reroll to spike defense those.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Well all of that aside Iterative loss and everything doesn't having combat for 2 rounds every time you fight sound a bit anti climatic (boring)? I've had combats that go on for too long but I've hardly run into times when the big bad boss was put down in 2 turns. I can't see the fun in over killing everything you run into so easily.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

MGuy wrote:Well all of that aside Iterative loss and everything doesn't having combat for 2 rounds every time you fight sound a bit anti climatic (boring)? I've had combats that go on for too long but I've hardly run into times when the big bad boss was put down in 2 turns. I can't see the fun in over killing everything you run into so easily.
I dunno why he's posting pictures of random pokemon, but 2 rounds is 12 seconds. And that's pretty damn long actually, for something supposed to be highly dangerous. And if you don't believe me, try engaging an enemy armed with an assault rifle for 12 seconds, let me know how that goes. If you haven't killed them by then, the chances they've killed you become unacceptably high. And that's not by Iterative Probability standards, since we're talking greater than 50% chance someone dies RIGHT FUCKING NOW from that.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Oh yeah, and are you going to make that thread that asks for a breakdown for exactly how and why Pathfinder fails?

Because I have one more stick to throw in the fire. Remember that heal 1d6 per 2 levels thing? Apparently they NERFED that for being too STRONG. Lol, what?

Edit: Here's another. The dumbfuck squad over there is whining about Fort based effects being better than Will. They have it exactly backwards. Fort based effects are near worthless.
Last edited by Roy on Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Emerald
Knight-Baron

Post by Emerald »

Roy wrote:Oh yeah, and are you going to make that thread that asks for a breakdown for exactly how and why Pathfinder fails?
You should probably make one if there isn't one already; there's already the official "point people who like 4e here for a point-by-point refutation" thread, so there might as well be one for Pathfinder.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Emerald wrote:
Roy wrote:Oh yeah, and are you going to make that thread that asks for a breakdown for exactly how and why Pathfinder fails?
You should probably make one if there isn't one already; there's already the official "point people who like 4e here for a point-by-point refutation" thread, so there might as well be one for Pathfinder.
Good idea.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Ishvalan Crusader (Anti Mage): This is a class made with Fullmetal Alchemist in mind. I actually first saw this class on another site though the site is gone now.

HD: 1d12

Skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Disguise, Escape Artist, Heal, Intimidate, Knowledge: Arcana, Knowledge: Planes, Knowledge Religion, Perception, Profession, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Stealth, Survival, Swim

Skill Points: 4+Int

Weapon Proficiency: Simple

Base Attack Progression: Good (As Fighter)
Good Saves: All (As Monk)
LevelSavesAbilities
1+2/+2/+2Arcane Curse 1d6, Acrobatics, Mage Slayer, Mage Hunter
2+3/+3/+3Arcane Resistance, Track, Witch Hound
3+3/+3/+3Arcane Curse 2d6, Path Finder, Mettle
4+4/+4/+4Evasion, Unforgiving
5+4/+4/+4Arcane Curse 3d6, Field Mobility, Mage Finder
6+5/+5/+5Cursed Bolt, The Smell of Magic
7+5/+5/+5Arcane Curse 4d6, Break Magic
8+6/+6/+6Chain Curse, Improved Evasion
9+6/+6/+6Arcane Curse 5d6, Nondetection
10+7/+7/+7Spell Resistance, Dedicated, Disruption
11+7/+7/+7Arcane Curse 6d6, Nowhere to Hide
12+8/+8/+8Disruption Wave
13+8/+8/+8Arcane Curse 7d6, Nowhere to Run
14+9/+9/+9Spell Rending, Blank Thoughts
15+9/+9/+9Arcane Curse 8d6
16+10/+10/+10Eternal Hatred
17+10/+10/+10Arcane Curse 9d6
18+11/+11/+11Unstoppable
19+11/+11/+11Arcane Curse 10d6
20+12/+12/+12Mage Knightmare

Arcane Curse: Whenever striking a creature with an unarmed melee attack that is either a magical creation, or able to create any effect like any spell; the Crusader gains bonus damage dice to their attacks. These bonus damage dice may only be applied to attacks derived from Base Attack Bonus, and not from special effects like Haste. This damage is [Untyped] damage, and ignores Hardness and Damage Reduction. Ignores miss chance from incorporeal creatures. If you are utilizing Two Weapon Fighting feats in conjunction with this ability; the Curse always counts as your primary weapon. It is never your secondary/off-hand weapon and does not provide bonus damage to such attacks.
-At 15th level+ Ignores Deflection Bonuses to AC.

Things that are included as viable targets are:
-Spell Casters
-Creatures with Spell Like Abilities
-Constructs
-Undead
-Creatures carrying magic items that create a magical enhancement effect to an ability score. (IE a +2 Headband of Intelligence)
-Magical Traps
-A Liches Phylactery
-A Wizard's spellbook

If the Ishvalan Crusader multi-classes, they lose this ability unless they had at least 5 levels in the Crusader class. Crusaders lose this ability completely if it enters any arcane spell casting class.

Acrobatics (Ex): Whenever attacked, or forced to make a reflex save; a Crusader may make a Tumble check and use that as their AC or their Reflex Save. Crusaders lose this ability in light or heavier armor and/or when using a shield (Natural 1s do not equal automatic failure and natural 20s do not equal automatic success with this ability).

Mage Slayer (Ex): Bonus Feat. Gained at 1st Level.+1 on Will saves, Casters cannot cast defensively while threatened by you. Damage you inflict is considered "ongoing damage" for the purposes of concentration checks made before the beginning of your next round. All your attacks in a round are considered the same source of continuing damage. Your caster level for all spells and spell-like abilities that aren't granted by this class or your race are reduced by 4

Mage Hunter: You treat anything vulnerable to your Arcane Curse as your favored enemy. IE Creatures that are either of a magical creation, or able to create any effect like any spell.
-+2 to Bluff, Perception, Insight, and Survival checks made vs these creatures. Gains a +2 on damage rolls on such creatures (bonus damage is applied to the curse). The bonuses increase by 2 every 5 levels.

Arcane Resistance (Ex): Gained at 2nd Level. Adds Charisma bonus to Fortitude and Will saves vs spells and abilities that produce spell-like effects.

Track (Ex): Bonus Feat. Gained at 2nd Level.

Witch Hound(Su): Gained at 2nd Level. Your eyes glow. This means that you are constantly treated as having detect magic active and considered to be concentrating on it at no action cost. (Caster level is equal to Crusader level). Additionally whenever magic is cast within 100ft of your position you get a perception check (DC: 10+Spell level or vs Bluff if the caster is trying to hide it or is using Silent or still spell). If successful you know that magic was cast and the location of the caster. Though this is only a brief flash of insight and the caster may move from their position or may conceal themselves to hide their identity.

Mettle (Ex): Gained at 3rd Level.

Pathfinder: Gained at 3rd level. Never becomes lost due to poor visibility or difficult terrain. Is not hampered by difficult terrain

Evasion (Ex):Gained at 4th level.

Unforgiving: Gained at 4th level. Any creature that uses any magic provokes an AoO from you. Even Supernatural and Extraordinary abilities that duplicate spells provoke AoOs from you; as well as using a spell completion item. If a creature tht provokes in this way is struck, one item that the target was using has it's magic suppressed for 1 round per two Class levels of the Spell Scourge.

Mage Finder: Gained at 5th level. You may disregard any Miss Chance that results from spells or spell-like abilities.
-When fighting a creature under the effect of Mirror Image, you automatically know which one is real
-Your caster level for all spells and spell-like abilities that aren't granted by this class or your race are reduced by 4

Field Mobility: Gained at 5th level. A Crusader may teleport as a swift action in any direction up to 5ft/level a day. This amount may be split or used all at once. Other Creatures may not be brought with you. This works in all other ways as Dimension Door.

Cursed Bolt:Gained at 6th level. Can, as an attack action, send curse through the ground or air at a target. This is treated as an unarmed ranged attack. If it hits, your target and all enemies within a 10ft radius, must make a balance check (DC: 10+1/2Character level+Charisma modifier) or fall prone. Aerial targets must make the same save or fall straight down from their position and take falling damage (cannot be slowed by any magical means). Additionally your threatening range is increases to 10ft vs creatures capable of casting or that have spell-like abilities.
-Range: Close- 25ft+5ft/2 levels. At 11th level the range increases to Medium: 100ft+10ft/level.

The Smell of Magic: Gained at 6th level. The range at which you can detect a spell being cast increases to 200ft. Additionally you gain scent. You may make a Spellcraft check when you run into an area (within 20ft) in which magic has recently been cast (DC: 20+spell level) If successful you know what spell was cast.

Break Magic: Gained at 7th. Upon successfully striking with the Arcane Curse in melee the Crusader may dispel (as greater dispel, CL equal to crusader level) any magical effect. (No caster level cap). Additionally the target must make a fortitude save (DC:10+1/2level+Charisma modifier) or lose their highest level uncast spell/spell-like ability.
-Can be used against stationary spell effects (walls, extra dimensional holes, etc) on a touch
-A Crusader is unaffected by a harmful spell that he/she touches in their dispel attempt; unless they fail the dispel check. (IE The crusader can touch the wall of fire during the dispel attempt without any damage but if the check fails the crusader would take damage as they regularly would)

Chain Curse: Gained at 8th level. Whenever you deal damage with the Arcane Curse or Cursed Bolt the you may channel the damage to another target. You must make a ranged attack to another target within 30ft. Your bonus for this extra attack is same bonus that you received from your last attack (As Cleave). You may hit 2 secondary targets at 11th level, and 3 at 16th level.

Improved Evasion: Gained at 8th level

Nondetection: Gained at 9th Level: Is treated as if they are constantly under a nondetection spell

Disruption(Ex): Starting at 10th level, if you hit a creature capable of casting spells or spell like abilities with your Arcane Curse in melee they must make a Fort save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha mod) or be dazed for one round.

Spell Resistance: Gained at 10th level. Gains Spell Resistance equal to 15+Character level.

Dedicated: Gained at 10th level. Becomes immune to mind-affecting effects.

Nowhere to Hide: Gained at 11th level. The range at which you can detect a spell being cast increases to 300ft. Additionally when you successfully make a Spellcraft check to identify a spell, and you beat the DC by 5 or more you may mark the caster of the spell. This mark effect works like Locate Creature except you do not need to have been within 30ft of the caster before in order to gain its full benefits. The effect lasts 10min/level. Can only follow one target at a time. This is a supernatural ability.

Disruption Wave Gained at 12th Level. Whenever you hit with a Cursed Bolt or Chain Curse you may use your Disruption and Break Magic abilities. Both abilities effect all creatures and items in the radius of the Cursed Bolt's area of effect. IE If you hit an enemy with Cursed Bolt you may use the Break Magic ability to dispel everything within a 10ft radius of the target. Additionally your threat range increases to 15ft.

Nowhere to Run Gained at 13th Level. When a Crusader designates a creature as a target for his Nowhere to Hide Ability his target is treated as though they were under the effects of Dimensional Anchor. This is a supernatural ability.

Cursed Rend: Gained at 14th level. Any instantaneous or Permanent arcane spell result may be Disintigrated by the Ishvalan Crusader. Basically, they get Disintigrate at will; caster level is character level, no cap on caster level; and the DC is 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha mod. This ability works against any arcane spell created objects (such as through fabrication), arcane spell created creatures (or creatures with arcane spell created templates, such as a lich), and any spell effect created through the (limited) Wish spell (IE someone who was resurrected via Wish).

Eternal Hatred: Gained at 16th level. You are treated as though you are under the constant effect of Mind Blank. If any creature uses a an ability that is blocked by Mind Blank that creature will be immediately subject to Phantasmal Killer (DC:10+1/2Character Level+Charisma modifier) in addition to failing.

Unstoppable: You are treated as always being under the effect of the Freedom of Movement spell. Additionally 1/day whenever you are magically imprisoned you may break free as though you cast the spell Freedom. (CL equal to your character level)

Mage Knightmare: At 20th level, the crusader becomes immune to any arcane spell or spell-like ability to which spell resistance would normally apply. Your threat range increases to 20ft vs creatures capable of casting spells and creatures that use spell-like abilities.

Restrictions: Can't cross into a casting class, Loses all arcane mark abilities if you do.

Well this is pretty much the last cut of this class. feel free to offer any last comments/thoughts/condemnations about it. Please keep in mind that this is not a TOME level class.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

After the completion of the anti-mage I have boiled down the method through which I will complete my samurai class. It will have a mix of ki related abilities and class abilities. Each Way of the Warrior will be unique and offer features that totally distinguish one Way from the other (enough so that they can be considered different classes). There will be six in all. All of them will use the same rules for ki point expenditure and Ancestral Weapon progression.

All Ways follow the same format:
LevelSavesAbilities
1+2/+0/+2Ancestral Weapons, Ki Pool, Way of The Warrior
2+3/+0/+3Way of The Warrior
3+3/+1/+3Technique
4+4/+1/+4Way of The Warrior
5+4/+1/+4Technique
6+5/+2/+5 Way of The Warrior
7+5/+2/+5Technique
8+6/+2/+6Way of The Warrior
9+6/+3/+6Technique
10+7/+3/+7Way of The Warrior
11+7/+3/+7Technique
12+8/+3/+8Way of The Warrior
13+8/+4/+8Technique
14+9/+4/+9Way of The Warrior
15+9/+4/+9Technique
16+10/+5/+10Way of The Warrior
17+10/+5/+10Technique
18+11/+5/+11Way of The Warrior
19+11/+6/+11Technique
20+12/+6/+12Way of The Warrior

Ancestral Weaponry: All Samurai begin play with two masterwork Ancestral Weapons (selected at character creation). As the samurai gains levels they may awaken the abilities of (upgrade) the weapon, adding enchantment bonuses and special abilities depending on the level.
At any time, a samurai may retreat to a temple or shrine and spend time in prayer in order to awaken the ancestral spirits in Ancestral Weapons. This requires a sacrifice of valuable items and gold worth the amount shown on the table below.
This sacrifice does not have to be gold-the character can sacrifice magic items or other goods worth the required amount, rather than selling his goods (at half value) to pay for the sacrifice. The samurai must meet the minimum character level (including any prestige class levels) shown on the table, and he must spend one day per 1,000 gp sacrificed in the shrine or temple (or whatever place that seems appropriate). During this time, he must spend at least 8 hours each day kneeling before his ancestors and his weapons, not stopping to eat or rest . Many samurai request the assistance of a shugenja (or whomever is appropriate) in this process, but a shugenja is not required.
The values shown on the table are the total value of sacrifice required to bring a single weapon to the listed weapon bonus. (IE) If a samurai already has a +3 katana, he can raise it to a +4 katana by sacrificing 7,000 gp and spending a week in prayer. If the same samurai wanted to bring his masterwork wakizashi to a +1 wakizashi, he would have to sacrifice 1,000 gp. All ancestral weapons carry the Ghost Touch Property, have +10 hardness, and double the Hp of a regular weapon of its type. It uses double your save to resist any attempt to break it. While masterwork its latent supernatural powers do not cause it to be considered a magic weapon until those powers are awakened when it receives its first enchantment bonus.
A samurai who loses his ancestral swords is dishonored until he can recover them. He cannot enhance any other weapon in this way. If it is broken you must have it repaired at its normal cost.
Additionally a samurai is always treated as having proficiency (or Exotic Weapon Proficiency) with his selected weapons.
Weapon BonusTotal Sacrifice RequiredMinimum Character Level
+11000gp 3rd
+24,000 gp5th
+39,000 gp7th
+416,000 gp9th
+525,000 gp11th
+6*36,000 gp13th
+7*49,000 gp15th
+8*64,000 gp17th
+9*81,000 gp19th
+10* 100,000 gp20th

*A weapon can't actually have a bonus higher than +5 . Use these lines to determine price when special abilities are added in . Example: A samurai who has a +4 katana can transform it into a +4 thundering katana with a sacrifice of 20,000 gp, since thundering is a special ability equivalent to a +2 bonus

Ki Pool: A Samurai retains a pool of ki. They retain a number of ki points a day equal to their Samurai level plus their Wisdom modifier. Each Way of the warrior style usually changes the relevant ability modifier for this however. Before making any attack roll, skill check, or saving throw, you may spend a ki point, as a free action 1/round, to gain a +2 on your roll. you may also spend a point to gain a +2 ki bonus to your armor. You may not spend more than 1 point this way per round (Though other abilities may allow you to do so, ki bonuses always stack with other ki bonuses).
Ki points cannot be spent while frightened or panicked. Ki points are recovered after a full 8 hour rest or after a ten minute meditation In which the Samurai makes a concentration check (10+Character Level) to regain all their points. All abilities that use these points are considered extraordinary abilities and only last for 1 round unless otherwise noted.
This Ki Pool does not stack with other ki pools. When entering or coming from a class with a ki pool the levels of the classes stack with this one for the purposes of determining the number of ki points per day.

I will start with the Way of the Mountain which was already almost completely done.

1: Way of the Mountain:You gain Heavy Armor Proficiency. Your normal speed and maximum speed are unaffected by armor. Your Max Dex in heavy armor is increased by one and the armor check penalties are reduced by one. This feat counts as Heavy Armor Proficiency for the purposes of meeting the perquisites for other feats. Additionally you may fore go one or both of your Ancestral Weapons to receive Ancestral Armor and/or an Ancestral Shield. If you do this your Ancestral Armor and/or Shield provides you with DR equal to your samurai level. If you have both you receive DR equal to 1 1/2 your level (rounded down).

2: Presence of the Mountain: You are not effected by encumbrance and you may move your full speed even in Heavy Armor. Additionally you use your Constitution Score to determine your carrying capacity. You and each ally within 30 ft. of you deals 1d6 extra damage on every attack and has save DCs increased by 1 for every 10 hit points they are below their maximum. You gain the bonus of the most damaged ally.

3: Armor of the Rock Technique: You may spend a ki point to add your Constitution Bonus as a deflection bonus to AC.

4: Will of the Mountain: Use Con bonus on will saves, Uncanny Dodge, Soul of the Mountain: You gain a permanent +2 bonus to your constitution score. This bonus improves by +2/4 samurai levels to Constitution score

5: Crumbling Rock Technique: You may spend a ki point on any successful attack to sacrifice hp to deal more damage on any attack. You may deal an extra 1d6/2hp sacrificed. You may not sacrifice more hp then your Constitution Score

6: Mettle: Add Con as Natural bonus to AC

7: Avalanche Technique: A Crab Warrior who is fighting defensively may spend a ki point any time an ally is damaged to move adjacent to the source if it is in close range (25'+5'/2 levels) and may make a full attack against it. You always move adjacent to the real source of the damage not perceived sources.

8: Improved Uncanny Dodge

9: Improved Avalanche: If you hit with the Avalanche technique you may immediately immobilize your target.

10: Solid Rock Negate all effects of Attacks/Spells/Spell-Like Ability/Supernatural Abilities that would harm or debilitate you 1 for 1 round 1/day +1 every two levels after this. This can be activated as an immediate action. After using this ability must spend your next turn making a full defense.

11: The Mountain Does Not Move Technique: You may, as an immediate or free action, spend a ki point to ignore the effects of dazed, disabled, dying, fatigued, nauseated, paralyzed, staggered, stunned, and unconscious. Dying characters do not lose hp from bleeding while using this ability. Characters who reach -10 hp die (or at whatever point equals death in your campaign). This feat does not end the status effect, it merely suppresses it.

12: Negate 2/Day

13: Advanced Avalanche Technique: If you hit with the Avalanche technique you may opt to paralyze your opponent.

14: Negate 3/Day

15: Superior Avalanche Technique: Upon hitting with the Avalanche Technique you may opt to inflict dimensional anchor on your target.

16: Negate 4/Day

17: Master Avalanche Technique: Every Successful Avalanche hit becomes a confirmed critical.

18: Negate 4 Spells/Day

19: Kami Avalanche Technique: If you hit with the Avalanche technique the target loses their next turn.

20: The Unmovable Mountain: As long as are not moving you are treated as having total cover against ranged attacks/spells/abilities (You may still attack/defend and do various other things as long as you stay in one spot, teleporting or being forcibly moved ends this effect), Negate 5/Day
Last edited by MGuy on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Samurai? Really?

Looks more rock, mountain, and antimagic theme to me.

I suggest a rename, and throw something else in with IUD. It's a crappy power, completely conditional and reflexive.