The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

deathdealingjawa
Apprentice

Badger's Way

Post by deathdealingjawa »

Sphere of Badgers
Rejakor wrote:
Special: Up to your character level times per day, you may ignore any spell or effect that would not also affect a badger.
Here is a possible way to reduce the some of the confusion from that power. Change the text to say this instead:
Special: Up to your character level times per day, you may be treated as a Small Magical Beast for the purposes of resolving an effect.

I have some concerns over using Small, if a player has Fell the Greater Foe cast on them while they are Large and use the Badger's Way power they will be considered small for the purposes of the bonus damage.
The reason I went with Magical Beast rather than Animal is to avoid Druids buffing them since Animal Growth, Awaken target Animals not Magical Beasts.
Effect is also worry some since it is such a board term, but I did not want to limit to just spell effects. the reason I find it worry some is if a character is Large and is the target of an attack they could activate Badger's Way and argue that they get at least +2 AC since they are treated as a Small Magical Beast, which will have +2 more AC than a Large whatever because of the size bonus.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Valor Sphere

Special: You are immune to Fear effects

Level, Benefits
1 Remove Fear
3 Heroism
5 Haste
7 Holy Sword
9 Righteous Might
11 Extended Spell Resistance, Mass*
13 Bear's Endurance, Mass
15 Protection from Spells
17 Mass Polymorph**
19 Astral Projection

* As Spell Resistance, but affects one creature per level, all of whom must be within Short range.
** As Warmage spell ( http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50032 )
-------------------------------

Peace Sphere

Special: You may elect to deal nonlethal damage whenever you would inflict damage of any kind.

Level, Benefits
1 Charm Person
3 Calm Emotions
5 Wind Wall
7 Sanctuary, Mass*
9 Forbiddance
11 Word of Recall
13 Refuge
15 Charm Monster, Mass
17 Dominate Monster
19 Foresight

* As Sanctuary, but affects one creature per level, all of whom must be within Short range.
IGTN
Knight-Baron

Post by IGTN »

Can I republish the Trickery sphere in my big Elements book? It'll be credited, I just want to not have to point out to individual pieces of content floating around and only point to other books.
"No, you can't burn the inn down. It's made of solid fire."
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

IGTN wrote:Can I republish the Trickery sphere in my big Elements book? It'll be credited, I just want to not have to point out to individual pieces of content floating around and only point to other books.
Go ahead. You can do what you want with my content. Being credited would be nice.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

2 spheres, one mostly Heresy multiplied by -1.

Virtue Sphere

Special: You may Detect Evil in a 50 foot radius sphere anywhere within your line of sight at will, starting with the second round's worth of information. This takes a Swift action to initiate.

Level, Benefits
1 Consecrate
3 Extended Align Weapon (Good only)
5 Magic Circle against Evil
7 Holy Sword
9 Lesser Planar Ally
11 Dispel Evil
13 Hallow
15 Holy Word
17 Miracle
19 True Resurrection

Purification Sphere

Special: You are immune to poison and nonmagical disease, and may also Purify Food and Drink twice per day per character level.

Level, Benefits
1 Greater Dispel Magic
3 Flame Strike
5 Remove Disease
7 Disintegrate
9 Break Enchantment
11 Antilife Shell
13 Destruction
15 Antimagic Field
17 Empowered Flame Strike, Mass (As Flame Strike, but you place one per level anywhere within Long Range. They don't stack.)
19 Implosion
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Here's a weather sphere that borrows liberally from the Spell Compendium. Too much wind?

Tempest Sphere

Special: You suffer no penalties from weather effects you create and do not need to make Concentration checks due to the weather. If a wind effect would move you, you may determine the direction it pushes you and suffer no damage for this forced movement.

Level, Benefits
1 Cloudburst
3 Binding Winds
5 Capricious Zephyr
7 Call Lightning Storm
9 Extended Telekinesis (telekinesis is performed with wind, making it loud and obvious)
11 Extended Cloud-Walkers
13 Control Weather
15 Quickened Storm of Elemental Fury
17 Storm of Vengeance
19 Whirlwind, Greater
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

Crusader Sphere

Special: A user of the Crusader Sphere radiates an Aura of Good with a level equal to her HD. She gains the Divine Grace ability of an SRD Paladin--adding her Charisma modifier (if positive) to her saving throws.

1 Divine Sacrifice (CoDi)
3 Zeal (CoDi)
5 Invisibility Purge/Rage/Vigor?
7 Divine Power
9 Righteous Might
11 Bull's Strength, Mass
13 Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (CoDi)
15 Holy Aura
17 Visage of the Diety, Greater (CoDi)
19 Regenerate (usable as a move-equivalent action)
Mask wrote:And for the love of all that is good and unholy, just get a fucking hippogrif mount and pretend its a flying worg.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Friend of mine wants her character to be Alan Mercer, so I wrote this up (confusing Prototype and Darkness at some point.... I haven't played either, so, yeah)

Prototype Sphere
Granted Ability: Mental Weaponry feat
1st: Jump
3rd: Consume Likeness (BoVD 89)
5th: Absorb Mind (BoVD 84)
7th: Dimension Door
9th: Overland Flight
11th: Absorb Strength (BoVD 84)
13th: Wretched Blight (BoVD 110)
15th: Leeching Claw (Grow large claws, dealing 1d4 slashing damage per character level, plus 1 Con damage per 3 levels, otherwise, as Claws of the Bebilith, BoVD 88)
17th: Pestilence (Humanoids who die while infected rise in 1d6 rounds as wights with Int 1)
19th: Regenerate

(edit: revised sphere with her input. She's good, even if she has to learn mechanics again, she at least knows the source material)
Last edited by Prak on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Bihlbo
Master

Post by Bihlbo »

Mister_Sinister wrote:Luck's Touch
Divination
Level: 9
Duration: 1 round/level

For the duration of the spell, any time the target makes an attack roll, skill check, ability check, or saving throw, they may roll twice and select which die roll to use.
This is kinda terrible for the level. If this applied to any die roll, the duration was basically all day long, and additionally grants 1/level additional rerolls to any die roll (including the single granted reroll or any other reroll) then it would be good as a 9th level spell. I mean, if you cast a 9th level spell you should be able to basically take 20 on saves, succeed on any skill, and do max damage with your weapons - spread it out over the whole day and make it weaker by making it rerolls instead is just about right. As written, this is more of a 2nd or 3rd level spell, tops.