Annoying Questions I'd Like Answered...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

So you'd define it based on D&D creature types? Unnecrophilia for undead, hentai for aberrations, magical bestiality for magical beasts, and so forth?
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well, given that the question was "Is fucking a dragon bestiality?" yes, I'd use D&D types, more or less. I wouldn't necessarily call aberration-lovin' hentai, but...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Crissa wrote:Frank thinks so.

-Crissa
Wait what no wai. I distinctly remember what Frank said in the infamous gone-down-the-drain first AWoD thread. Rape is nonconsensual sex. Bestiality is animal rape (because animals do not possess the faculties for giving consent).

Dragon cock is just something a number of Denners (including me) wouldn't want in their games, but it's not a crime if all parties consent.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Prak_Anima wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call aberration-lovin' hentai, but...
That's what the word means: aberrant-loving; hen-tai.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

hmm... you're right, I never really thought of that.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

PoliteNewb summed up my mental assumption, but I saw a post equating the twot while floating around online this morning and got curious what the people here thought.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

...and you just had to open that can of worms here. I don't know how why to thank you.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

hey, some of us don't mind the idea of dragon-cock.

anyway.

new question. I need some way that I can play civ or starcraft, and have a yahoo im window open on top of that. do I need a program, to set up programs in a special way or what? cause I want to play these games and I don't want to read this girl bitch me out for disappearing from yim to conquer the russians or something.

erik
King

Post by erik »

Get a second computer?
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Well, Starcraft has an option in the graphics options 'windowed mode' which allows you to play and have other programs pop up. Then you just need an 'always on top' option on your YIM client.

That's totally doable. I don't use YIM often, though.

-Crissa
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

What sort of message gets passed to another computer on a LAN to make it turn on?

Today, my husband's computer literally would not stay off. Every time he turned it off, it would start back up again - until I disabled the LAN. When I re-enabled it, though, it stayed off.

I don't get it.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

There is a start-up on LAN activity option usually in your network card setting. This is so you can have computers on a network turn on and do something - like print or process or receive - and turn themselves on and off automatically. Like on TV.

-Crissa
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

What is with the rope tied like a head band on japanese fishermen type characters?

That thing!

Does anyone at least know what it's called so I can look it up?

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Crissa wrote:There is a start-up on LAN activity option usually in your network card setting. This is so you can have computers on a network turn on and do something - like print or process or receive - and turn themselves on and off automatically. Like on TV.
It's weird because it doesn't happen every day. It was just that once. If there's a start-up on LAN option, though, I haven't found it.
Prak Anima wrote:What is with the rope tied like a head band on japanese fishermen type characters?
This has been asked before {OK, yahoo answers, green}.

If you click on the link given by the person who's answer was not selected as the best, it takes you to a web page that sells these things (in pretty colors). From what I can translate, they are, in fact, nejiri hachimaki (ねじり鉢巻), but the ふさ付 at the beginning of the word means "with tassels."
Last edited by Maj on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Well, it's probably happening because it's broken. But I know that's not helpful ^-^

Whether you can nix it by turning off the option, I don't know. It exists, even if your software doesn't mention it.

-Crissa
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Maj wrote:What sort of message gets passed to another computer on a LAN to make it turn on?

Today, my husband's computer literally would not stay off. Every time he turned it off, it would start back up again - until I disabled the LAN. When I re-enabled it, though, it stayed off.

I don't get it.
I would check to see if your computer's security has been compromised. It probably isn't a security issue because that sounds like the least subtle bot ever, but doesn't hurt to double-check.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It's actually a common thing a worm would trigger; because a bot is no use if it does not connect back to a controller.

-Crissa.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I'll run the various scans. Thanks.

:maj:
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Looking at old Nifty posts, I notice a lot of (or all?) words beginning with "ch" instead begin with "tj". Why is that? I get that "tj" is a better fit phonetically, but is it something the users were doing or is it some locale setting on the server?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I've noticed Frank does that with check/tjeck a lot, and keep forgetting to ask. Is it the Czech influence or something?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

This was explained a little while ago in a newish thread. but I forget what it was. Basically, some guy who spoke ESL had "tjeck" or something in a post about D&D and...stuff happened. He got harassed or something? Whatever, it apparently became a badge of honour/reference.

Or it could be my memory being shit.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

It wasn't ESL, he spoke a language where "tj" made the same sound as "ch" in English (which I can honestly see). And everyone went off on him for being "stupid", and so forth. You see, back in the day at WotC, if you had a single grammatical or spelling error, that negated anything you said and any arguments you had.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Well, it was all second-hand combined with my faulty memory, so there you go. Glad somebody could clear it up.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I got the impression that people were doing it on purpose, and that it wasn't something done by the server, but I wanted to be sure.

Tjeck and tjeese are the two examples that come to mind. I've also seen Frank use fvck, I'm assuming as a throwback to when he had to beat language filters.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I believe Robby is correct.

-Crissa