Online gambilng and the U.S: WTF?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Online gambilng and the U.S: WTF?

Post by Cynic »

I'm really confused by the state of the online gambling and it's legality in America. I was in-patient in the loony-bin for almost a month (on and off again) and I was told by another patient that online gambling (we only talked about poker) was legal again.

I tried to research it after I came back home. I found a whole lot of legal mumbo jumbo on various sites along with a stupidly long list of online-gambling related bills that were passed/talked about/wanked on.

So, can somebody enlighten me on the legality of online gambling in America.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
The Lunatic Fringe
Journeyman

Post by The Lunatic Fringe »

For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

Wikipedia wrote: Also on May 6, 2009, as a companion to Rep. Frank’s Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection, and Enforcement Act of 2009 Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA) re-introduced the Internet Gambling Regulation and Tax Enforcement Act (H.R. 2268) which would ensure that individual and corporate taxes owed on regulated Internet gambling activities are collected.

The Poker Players Alliance has raised $3million to help get the law repealed.
they WOULD raise money to stop this sort of thing...
Mask wrote:And for the love of all that is good and unholy, just get a fucking hippogrif mount and pretend its a flying worg.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I like how Greece decided to stop online gambling by banning computer games. Though another European I spoke to is not convinced Greece even has electricity, so maybe that's no big deal.
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

Koumei wrote:I like how Greece decided to stop online gambling by banning computer games. Though another European I spoke to is not convinced Greece even has electricity, so maybe that's no big deal.
A big thing about Greece is what the law says and what is actually enforced. I used to work as a computer tech and one of our clients was an illegal gambling den. As in, once a week the police would come around and arrest the owner and he would pay the fines and not even stop the operation while in jail.

As for electricity, we have it in more places than Australia so there! :tongue: