WTB After Sundown MC

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Actually not a Fallen. Just dead. Kaibit.

Sheet Mechanics
Kaibit-Alexsey Mitriov

Syndicate: The Makhzen

Cult: Order of Danziban

Disciplines:

Basic Necromancy:
Summon Spirit (Logic + Medicine or Logic + Operations) (15)
Compel Spirit (Willpower + Empathy or Logic + Bureaucracy) (13)

Advanced Necromancy: See Wraith Fetters and Mictlan
Reanimate (Logic + Medicine or Logic + Operations) (17)

Basic Discernment: +2 Perception
Aura Perception (Intution + Empathy or Logic + Research) (Limbo) (13)

Basic Play of Shadows:
Eyes of Night (Intuition + Empathy or Intuition + Perception) (11)

Advanced Play of Shadows: +2 Stealth and Intimidate
Solid Darkness (Intuition + Combat) (11)

Basic Lure of Destruction: +2 Death Threshold and Healing Tests
Bite of Serpent (None) (Paralytic)

Basic Path of Blood:
Thaumaturgical Forensics (Logic + Medicine or Logic + Research) (15/17)

Advanced Path of Blood: +2 Medicine and Survival
Theft of Vitae (Logic + Medicine or Agility + Larceny) (17)

Basic Fortitude: +2 Physical Resistance tests.
Revive Flesh

Basic Path of Fire:
Fire Walking

Advanced Path of Fire: +4 Sabotage
Fire Starter (Logic + Research) (15)

Attributes:

Edge 2/4
Potency 1
PP 13/13
Bid points: 9

Strength 4
Agility 2

Intuition 3
Logic 7

Charisma 1
Willpower 3

Skills:

14, 19, 24, 6

Combat 6 (Kidnapping)
Drive 6
Perception 6 (Spying) +2
Survival 6 +2

Bureaucracy 6 (Logistics)
Tactics 6 (Operating Sleeper Cell)
Empathy 1

Operations 6 (Power Equipment)
Medicine 6 (Circulatory System) +2
Research 6 (Figuring Out how specific thing occurs.)
Sabotage 6 (Power Supplies) +4

Resistances:

Physical 10
Mental 7
Social 7

Healing Test 13

Backgrounds:

EMT 5
Doctor 6
Running Nuclear Plant 6
Trapped in Dark Reflection 6
Undead 6
Small Business Owner 6

Resources:

Finances 3, Delivery company
Languages 1, English
Science 2, a well stocked medical facility in a morgue.
Destiny 2, Dark Library of Infernal Sorceries
Destiny 3, Power Compass
Secrets 1, Fun Dreams
Finances 1, Box of Coke
Destiny 1, Dream/Water/Plant Magic
Destiny 1, Symphony of Silence/Necromancy/Names of Blasphemies
Vials of Blood from Heinrich/Zach/Thomas/Two Mirror Goblins/Others?

Obligation:

Enemy/Stalker 3,

Advantages:
Eidetic Memory
Time Sense

Disadvantages:
Eerie Presence
Haunted
Deadly Allergy (All antibiotics)

Master Passion: Greed (Obtain Elder Power (Zombie Mastery))

Driving Passion: Murder the Ever Living Fuck Out of Quin

Ethical Taboos: Frugality Ethics, Waste Ethics (Doesn't like to see anything go to waste, hoards stuff he can't use, and tries to put anything to use, won't throw stuff away or choose not to use something if it won't be used.)

Ideology:

Honor: Strive to always be better

Despise: Waste things, Be content with what they have

Equipment:
Kevlar Vest, Heavy Pistol, special rounds, Knife of wood/iron/silver. Dowsing equipment, countering equipment, Umbrella, laptop, cell phone.

Truck filled with simple med equipment and 6 Shamblers on orders to stand in corners or empty spaces created by boxes, and surprise attack anyone who enters the truck besides me.

5 (Str 5, Ag 2) 1 (Str 5, Ag 3)

Different Truck filled with 0 caged soulless. Generally soundproofed.

Str 5, Ag 2
Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 am, edited 13 times in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Are you sure? Khaibit seems like a poor fit for your backstory on two levels.

Becoming a Khaibit requires you to freely choose to kill yourself for power, and it requires you to do so according to the procedures layed out in a magic book. This is actually kind of critical to the mechanics and the flavor of the Khaibit. The Master Passion is Greed, because you chose to trade your humanity for power. The abilities themselves aren't for survival, they're for mastery, what with creating minions, controlling spirits, and spying on people. They are also mostly sorcery, which makes sense since you become a khaibit by studying sorcery.

Now of course, mysterious events be mysterious, and I suppose you could have chosen to transform yourself during a fugue state, the memories of which will come crashing back at the least opportune moment. But there's something else I don't get. This event supposedly happened in limbo, but Khaibit are all about the power of Gloom. Not only are all your powers Gloomy, but you're supposed to be haunted by ghosts, which generally show up only in Mictlan and Earth.

I'm assuming you wrote the Limbo-centric backstory because I said the game was limbo-themed. That's fine, but you don't really need a limbo-related origin story. You'll get more out of the game if your character is capable of understanding and interacting with infernal history, factions, or magic, but that can come in entirely through things you did post-conversion.

I see four basic options for you:

--If you want to stay a Khaibit, and keep the jaunt in limbo, extend the backstory a little and clarify how the powers of Death come into this at all. Did you steal a necromantic book from a demon's library before escaping to earth and using it there? Or what?

--Rewrite the backstory to be Gloom-based rather than Limbo-based.

--If you're sticking with the "transformed by an unknown limbo-related catastrophe," well, a Fallen is what you get from that kind of setup.

--If you want to keep the spontaneous resurrection angle, consider a Reborn or a Frankenstein.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I don't see anything about it being a willing foray into death.

The idea is that he died in an Explosion, and therefore, ended up in Limbo with the whole, disappearing in fire thing, and then was woken up by being resurrected on earth, with some CPR.

Kaibit makes explicit mention of non magical death and resurrection, and being firey blown up is something that often results in Limbo.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I'm thinking of going with an electrical engineer who found out that his family were actually a Mi Go Tribe with psychic dream powers.

So in order to suppress and not deal with the questions of identity that normally plague Mi Go, he formulated an identity based on superhero comics and was inducted into the Stellar Oracles (shortly after becoming a member of the Communes) and has a number of delusions acting as psychological blocks to that effect. I plan to start out with Veil of Morpheus ("hereditary" for his Leviathan Tribe) and Restoration, possibly Tongue of the Serpent Edit: Right, Learn the Heart's Pain. Can't take basic from another Cult's Discipline between on-transformation powers and "in media res" creation. - and head from there into Physical Disciplines and Devotions, Beast Form, and sorceries (1) observing things far away or in the other worlds or (2) stopping "evildoers".

Also, it looks like silver is going to be particularly onerous to this group. :awesome:

Will have a full sheet whipped up soon.
Last edited by Quantumboost on Mon May 23, 2011 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

In that case I'll probably go with the astronomer, and make him a member of the Daziban cult as well.
Heinrich "Henry" Baade

Code: Select all

Baali
Disciplines
 Auspex (Perception +2)
    Aura Perception         Logic + Research (interrogation) = 14
 Domination
    Command                 Logic + Persuasion (insinuation) = 14
    Mesmerism               Logic + Persuasion (insinuation) = 14
    Cloud Memory            Logic + Artisan (lenscrafting) = 14
Infernal Sorceries
 Descent of Entropy (reconstructing +2)
    Light of Ennui          Charisma + [Artisan (lenscrafting) | Empathy (motivations)] = 14
 Names of the Blasphemies
    Learn the Heart's Pain  Charisma + Empathy (motivations) = 14
 Walk of Flame  (Sabotage +4)
    Hand of Flame           Logic = 6
    Fire Starter            Logic + Research (forensics) = 14

Acquired
Disciplines
 Devotions
    Phantasmagoria          Charisma + Expression (oratory) = 14
Infernal Sorceries
 Names of the Blasphemies
    Poison Heart            Charisma + Empathy (motivations) = 14
 Progress of Glass (Drive +4)
    Distant Reflection      Logic + Operations (optics) = 14
    Mirror Pocket           Logic + Operations (optics) = 14

Agility 2, Strength 2
Charisma 6, Willpower 2
Intuition 2, Logic 6

Physical Skills (14): Athletics 2, Combat 2, Drive 2 (6), Larceny 2, Perception 4 (6), Survival 2.
Social Skills (19+6, 3): Bureaucracy 4, Empathy (motivations) 6, Expression (oratory) 6, Intimidation 2, Persuasion (insinuation) 6, Tactics 1.
Technical Skills (24, 1): Artisan (lenscrafting) 6, Electronics (wiring) 1, Medicine (first aid) 2, Operations (optics) 6, Research (forensics, interrogation) 6, Rigging (repair) 2, Sabotage (disabling stuff) 1 (5).

Mental resistance: 5.
Physical resistance: 5.
Social resistance: 5.
Healing test: 5.
First aid: 10.

Gear: Bag of sand, bag of raw sunflower seeds, canister of salt, cell phone, compass, flask of whiskey, laptop computer, lighter, black overcoat with red lining, pack of cancer sticks, perscription glasses, silver-handled black umbrella [2N], brown sport coat with leather elbow patches, Tommy gun [2a], vial of water, mirror-lined briefcase, 5 cm x 5 cm compact mirror.

Backgrounds (35): Astronomy 6, Alchemy 4, Bibliophilia 3, Booze 1, Campus Life 4, Chicago 4, Daziban politics 4, Demonology 3, German Immigrants 3, S&M Clubs 3.

Advantages: Competitive (to the extreme).
Disadvantages: Disloyal*, Proud.

Master Passion: Despair.
Driving Passion: Finish building the GMT.
Honors: Erudition, politeness.
Dispises: Hurting people for no reason, mindlessness, accepting gifts.
Cult: Daziban.
Syndicate: Makhzen.

Obligations
    Duty: Daziban agent (1), Professorship (2).
Resources
    Contacts: "Rocky" Colb -- department chair (2).
    Destiny: Libram Mephistopheles -- Names of the Blasphemies, Progress of Glass, & Trail of Tears (1).
    Finances: Tenure (3).
    Languages: Arabic & German (2), Latin (1).
    Science: Astronomy & Astrophysics faculty member (2).
Edit: Powers are now 100% legal. They are no longer drawn directly from the Ifrit list, but cover more Ifrit capabilities.
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Longer post got eaten. Bullet points.

--Re-read the Khaibit writeup. It explicitly says you have to murder yourself.

--Also, saying that non-magical medicine can produce a Kaibit is only half right. A recurring theme in Sundown is that transformations and sorceries exist in both "mad science" themed and "spiritual/occult" themed versions. So yes, it is possible to become a kaibit without any runes, candles, or anyone involved calling what they do magic. But that doesn't mean any old hospital can do it. You still need a special book probably one written by an insane genius medical researcher and a bizarre collection of medicine-looking gadgets which don't function by any currently understood principles.

--you don't leave your body behind when you go to limbo. If a fire deposits you in limbo, your body is in limbo. There's nothing on earth for anyone to revive, unless you suffer a mortal wound in Limbo, walk back through the portal to earth, and then die.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Quantum,

Looks good on cursory inspection. Actually, your discipline selection is technically illegal last I looked, but I'll get Frank to change it.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Huh?
In Media Res Magical Transformation wrote:The character has [...] developed 2 Basic Disciplines and an Advanced Discipline that are theirs. In addition, the character knows one Basic or Advanced Discipline that must be from a Universal Discipline or the Sorcery that their Cult (if any) specializes in. The character has a Potency of 1 and therefore a Power Reserve of 13.
Two Veil of Morpheus powers and one Names of the Blasphemies power as part of the powers that are "mine" (no Cult qualification necessary). Then Restoration, which is an Advanced Discipline in Fortitude (which I meet prereqs for via Patience of the Mountains from being a Mi Go), as the second part of the selection.

Or is there some other prohibition somewhere else I'm missing?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Oh! You're right. My mistake.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Orion wrote:--Re-read the Khaibit writeup. It explicitly says you have to murder yourself.
I don't think it does. I did reread it. It seems clear there is a place for unintentional death and resurrection that results in Kaibiting even if it isn't the most common way. As you yourself indicated in the discussion of dieing in limbo and being raised by a Demon being sufficient.
Orion wrote:--Also, saying that non-magical medicine can produce a Kaibit is only half right. A recurring theme in Sundown is that transformations and sorceries exist in both "mad science" themed and "spiritual/occult" themed versions. So yes, it is possible to become a kaibit without any runes, candles, or anyone involved calling what they do magic. But that doesn't mean any old hospital can do it. You still need a special book probably one written by an insane genius medical researcher and a bizarre collection of medicine-looking gadgets which don't function by any currently understood principles.
I think you are projecting your own ideas of what Kaibits "should" be too much, and it's changing how you view what the text actually says. For example, no mention whatsoever is made of needing a special book, and the sum total of explanation of what it takes to have a temporary stay in the dead is "advanced medical techniques" which I think CPR and defibrillator qualify as.

That said, I rewrote the backstory because arguing with you is a pain.

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Here's a secret: After Sundown is currently very poorly edited, in that a lot of critical ideas are hidden in weird places. So I don't blame you not realizing that you need a magic book to become a Khaibit. The relevant text is in the "the first Khaibit" sidebar, the descriptions of magic books in the last chapter chapter, the writeup of "cultists" in the spawn monsters section, and scattered a few other places as well.

Because of this vagueness, I will admit that I could be wrong in my reading of the super-science angle. It doesn't specifically say that you need futuristic medtech to make a Khaibit, so I will go ahead and assume that you are correct--the ritual can be performed with just defibrillators and CPR. You still need a magic book though.

Also: Supernaturals receive a distinctive flaw in addition to the flaws that balance their advantages. So you need another flaw.

And for the record,
Fear of darkness and death leads men to do strange things. Perhaps the strangest of them is to murder one's self and then use sorcery or advanced medical techniques to make one's foray into the land of the dead a temporary one. This does not inherently prevent a person from dying in the future, indeed quite the opposite. Many who gain the intimate secrets of death in this manner are chased by the shadow of doom for the remainder of their existence.

(snip)

The Ritual to regain power requires either a bunch of medical equipment or a bunch of corpse pieces, depending upon whether they originally killed themselves with scientific equipment or ancient rituals. That declaration needs to be made right at the beginning of character creation.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Orion, I think you're misunderstanding the book issue a bit as well. A book is needed to perform the ritual to become a khaibit, but you don't need a book to stay a khaibit. Having a magic book allows you to learn new disciplines and create more witches, but it isn't a requisite for being one in media res.

Also note that use of a book is explicitly only one of a number of ways to become a witch. A verbena could have performed a ritual from The Endless Nightmare, but she could just as easily have ingested a magic seed made by another powerful supernatural with Bitter Fruit.

Presumably a person could also be ritually killed and brought back by someone else (who had a book) to become a khaibit.

No comment on my character sheet. Does that mean it's all good?
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Actually Catharz, *yours* is the one that's currently illegal. I accidentally addressed my comment on your character to Quantum. Since you're a member of Daziban, your second Advanced discipline has to be Universal or Walk of Flame, which is your cult discipline.

However, since you took a magic library as a resource, I'll let it stand. I'll suggest to trollman that he amend the chargen rules to allow you to use a sorcery from resources in place of your cult sorcery.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Orion wrote:Actually Catharz, *yours* is the one that's currently illegal. I accidentally addressed my comment on your character to Quantum. Since you're a member of Daziban, your second Advanced discipline has to be Universal or Walk of Flame, which is your cult discipline.

However, since you took a magic library as a resource, I'll let it stand. I'll suggest to trollman that he amend the chargen rules to allow you to use a sorcery from resources in place of your cult sorcery.
Yeah, I figured that you'd rule that way. The character was originally going to be from Hollow LLC, but Dunzelkhan was a good hook and the book seemed like a decent compromise.
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Mon May 23, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Orion wrote:Here's a secret: After Sundown is currently very poorly edited, in that a lot of critical ideas are hidden in weird places. So I don't blame you not realizing that you need a magic book to become a Khaibit. The relevant text is in the "the first Khaibit" sidebar, the descriptions of magic books in the last chapter chapter, the writeup of "cultists" in the spawn monsters section, and scattered a few other places as well.
1) First Khaibit sidebar says the earliest recorded books on the subject where X, but that those books are themselves based on earlier sorcerous investigation. That essentially means that we know with certainty that Khaibits predate books about magic. The exact opposite of your contention.

2) Cultist write up says "Maybe the Extra read a magic tome, maybe they got training from an actual spellcaster." which, while Cultists are not true Witches, to the extent it proves anything, it proves that people can get magic powers sans books.

3) The book section says that people can be turned into Sorcerers. It does not say that is the only way to turn into a Sorcerer.

Conclusion: No book is required.
Orion wrote:You still need a magic book though.
a) As above, do not.
b) As per new backstory, when he sets about researching what is required to kill himself to come back to life immune to radiation poisoning, and able to live forever, if he requires a book as part of the ritual, he would have got that, just like he probably got some dead body parts, and some candles and a lot of salt to drawn symbols with or whatever.
Orion wrote:And for the record,
Fear of darkness and death leads men to do strange things. Perhaps the strangest of them is to murder one's self and then use sorcery or advanced medical techniques to make one's foray into the land of the dead a temporary one. This does not inherently prevent a person from dying in the future, indeed quite the opposite. Many who gain the intimate secrets of death in this manner are chased by the shadow of doom for the remainder of their existence.

(snip)

The Ritual to regain power requires either a bunch of medical equipment or a bunch of corpse pieces, depending upon whether they originally killed themselves with scientific equipment or ancient rituals. That declaration needs to be made right at the beginning of character creation.
Yes, I read all that, and like I said, it seems to be the case that you can become a Khaibit by killing yourself, but none of that necessarily means you can't unwillingly or unwittingly become one by a similar process being performed on you.

PS: Any word on whether you will change your ruling on specializations given Franks explicit statement?
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon May 23, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Quantum, how do you want to be involved? I don't need to know Carthaz if you want, since we can just have a Danziban origin plot.

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Kaelik,

You are correct. I was saying "you need a book" when I meant :you need specialized knowledge," the point being that a typical doctor does not go around accidentally creating Khaibits; you need specialized knowledge and the intent to use it. But yeah, your current backstory & resources are fine.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

My character could easily be an alumnus or graduate student from the U of C, maybe he did some work with the physics research equipment as some sort of interdisciplinary project. That would create a tie-in with Catharz's astronomer Baali, or yours if he's done any nuclear physics work there. On the supernatural side, we could go with either the people who're both in the Cauchemar meeting at a get-together and recognizing each other, or with just noticing "hey his aura says he's a supernatural, I'm going to investigate".
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

Hey, if this is going to be done on the boards, I would like a shot at playing. I've made up this dude, an artificial life test subject who escaped, and has become a patron saint and protector of the tunnel-dwelling homeless. He's erected not only homes and fortresses from the crap he compulsively collects, but also the beginnings of a new society.
St. Knobdy

Frankenstein
Wreckers

Strength 6(8)
Agility 3
Intuition 4
Logic 2
Willpower 3
Charisma 2

Edge 3
Power Reserve 13
Potency 1
Master passion: Loneliness

- Core Discipline: Celerity - (+4 initiative when activated)
Nimble Feet (Basic Celerity- speedX6)
Quickness (Basic Celerity- +1 initiative pass)

- Basic Powers -
Vigor (Basic Clout- 1pp=+1 strength)
Repel (Basic Magnetism- Willpower + Intimidation or Strength + Tactics, +1 socialization tests)
Patience of the Mountains (Basic Fortitude +2 physical resistance rolls)
Supernatural Senses (Basic Discernment)

-Advanced Powers -
Devastation (Advanced Clout)
Quicken Sight (Advanced Celerity- +4 dodge)

Acquired:
Clinging (Basic Clout -2 stunts)
Touch of Darkness(Basic LoD- aggravated damage, +2 death threshold/healing tests)
Hide From Notice (Basic Veil- Agility+Stealth or Intuition+Survival)
Burrowing (Devotion- Strength + Survival or Strength + Larceny)

Resources:
Secrets 3
Contacts 2
Assets 2 (Tunnel folk)
Destiny 1

Obligation 2- Tunnel folk

Backgrounds:35
Tunnel Dweller 6
Guinea Pig 4
Channel Pilot 3
Art Afficionado 5
Criminal 6
Chicago 1
Radio hobbyist 4
Albino Alligators 6

Advantages: Direction Sense, Double Jointed

Disadvantages: Conspicous Consumption (gaunt and feverish), Compulsive Behavior (scavenging)

Skills: 14,19,24

Physical-
Athletics 6
Combat 3 (Fisticuffs)
Larceny 5 (Smuggling)
Stealth 6
Survival 6

Social-
Bueaucracy 2 (Ad hoc)
Empathy 3 (Action anticipation)
Intimidation 6
Persuasion 5

Technical-
Electronics 3 (Communications)
medicine 1 (First aid)
Operations 2 (Boats)
Research 2 (Word on the street)
Rigging 6 (Metalwork)
Sabotage 5 (traps)
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Character Sheet:
Zachary Summers/”Myrmidon”

Code: Select all

Mi Go
Universal Disciplines
  Discernment (Perception +4)
    Supernatural Senses
    Telepathy               (Intuition + Empathy)
  Fortitude
    Patience of the Mountains
  Magnetism (Willpower/Charisma socialization +1)
    Attract                 (Willpower + Expression)
Infernal Sorceries
  Descent of Entropy (reconstructing +2)
    Abyss of the Body       (Charisma + Medicine, Doom Flies)
  Song of Swarms (treat crustaceans as animals for Animal Ken)
    Body Colony             (Antlions)
    Small Witness
    Magnify the Swarm       (Willpower + Survival)

Acquired
Universal Disciplines
  Fortitude (physical Resistance +4)
    Restoration
Astral Sorceries
  Veil of Morpheus (see into Shallow Maya, fully aware when sleeping)
    Dream Vision            (Charisma + Expression)
    Denial of Privacy       (Charisma + Empathy)
Infernal Sorceries
  Names of the Blasphemies (see into Shallow Limbo, True Name: Myrmeleontus)
    Learn the Heart’s Pain  (Intuition + Larceny)

Agility 3, Strength 1
Intuition 5, Logic 3
Charisma 3, Willpower 6
Edge 3, Potency 1, Power Maximum 13

Physical Skills (24+4, 2): Athletics 4, Combat 3 (Pistols), Larceny 5, Perception 6+4, Stealth 5, Survival 6 (Gathering)
Social Skills (14+2, 1): Animal Ken 1 (Crustaceans), Empathy 6, Expression 4, Intimidation 5
Technical Skills (19, 1): Artisan 5 (Metalwork), Electronics 6 (Wiring, Repair), Medicine 1 (First Aid), Operations 5 (Repair), Research 2 (Schematics)

Backgrounds (35): Comic Books 2, Engineering 6, Stellar Oracle Politics 4, Hell Mouths 1, Maya Gates 3, Zombie Invasions 3, Bar Scene 2, Demon Hunting 4, Campus Life 4, Robots 3

Advantages: Direction Sense, Time Sense, Loyalty.
Disadvantages: Flake*, Allergy (cats), Delusional (Wrong Genre Savvy), Temperamental.

Master Passion: Despair.
Cult: Stellar Oracles.
Syndicate: Cauchemar Communes.

Obligations
    Enemies 2: Previous run-in with a local Marduk Society group who are after him for VENGEANCE
    Duty 3: Taking care of an orphaned younger cousin who is currently in the dark about the "family secret".
Resources
    Science 1: Access to IEEE publications.
    Destiny 2: A library of all paths of Astral Magic "acquired" from the Marduk Society
    Finances 2: A two-person apartment downtown
    Secrets 2: Dreamlands secret base
    Destiny 3: The location of a Dream Gate within an hour's walk of his secret base
    Destiny 3: A set of true prophecies which aperiodically come in fortune cookies.

Gear:

Equipment typically on person: can of sea salt, bags of raw pine nuts, laptop computer, cellular phone, palm pilot, digital recorder, airtight “respirator”/voice modulator, brown and red spandex-kevlar outfit, matching spandex-kevlar helmet with mirrored-lens eyepieces, Kamina-style sunglasses, turtleneck sweater, baggy jeans, lodestone on a string, logic probes, various electronic parts, water bottle.

Equipment on person only on missions or with expectation of danger: Walther PPK (silver bullets), bag of sand, clips of wooden, silver, and steel-coated bullets.

Equipment not on person: small flower garden.
Last edited by Quantumboost on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

So?

DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

I'm confused. How is this game going to actually be run? Did you guys decide on that?

I'm interested in playing as long as it's over IRC or something rather than using some kind of java client.

Taysir Bukhari is an Uzbek immigrant in his late 30s, with an advanced degree in engineering but forced to work as a Taxi Driver in Chicago. He's a very friendly, talkative guy, so if there are other PCs with a science or engineering background, he can know them socially.

Given the inspiration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_driver) he's of course driven by master passion rage, but he can be of any supernatural type as long as he looks human enough to keep driving a cab. He could be a troglodyte, any sort of transhuman, shape changer, or vampire except a Nosferatu. I'm leaning towards vampire - after all, he drives the cab only at night, yeah?
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Updated character sheet, most notable adding a syndicate (Makhzen) and a driving passion.

Dr, your taxi driver could really be anything except a golem. Even Nosferatu: passengers will only get creeped out when they see him in the mirror, and that's not masquerade-breaking.

My suggestion, though, is a Fallen. You get a basic Progress of Glass to boost your Drive skill, Learn the Heart's Pain to chat with passengers, and a good Infernal tie-in.

That said, it would be nice to have someone who isn't screwed by a rainstorm. A vampire, ghoul, or wererat would be cool.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Sorry guys, I've been a: caughing too hard to sleep and b: showing out of town guests around. There's a reason I gave you a week for character setup.

With any luck, both of those things will be resolved in the next 2 days.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Well, any word on the process of how we are going to run the game? I would prefer something IRC like, to something PbP like, but will do whatever.

I have also updated my character sheet significantly. Nothing changed, just added.
Last edited by Kaelik on Sun May 29, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.