Edisons of the Coast

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Re: Edisons of the Coast

Post by Prak »

on the other hand, when we got to space and figured out that pens don't work, we invented a pen that would.

the russians just broke out the pencils...

America overthinks things sometimes...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

No one has ever proved that the mysterious 'American food' exists though.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Source on psi abilities, please (I do know some things about the research, but I'm curious about whether it's public info nowadays).
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Prak_Anima at [unixtime wrote:1188243571[/unixtime]]on the other hand, when we got to space and figured out that pens don't work, we invented a pen that would.

AAARGH SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1188243709[/unixtime]]No one has ever proved that the mysterious 'American food' exists though.

Sure it exists. Just take any food they eat in some other country, then add fifteen pounds of corn syrup, that way all you taste is corn syrup and not the actual food.

(If I was emperor of the world, I'd make it illegal to use corn syrup in food, it's a vile substance.)
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Prak_Anima at [unixtime wrote:1188243571[/unixtime]]on the other hand, when we got to space and figured out that pens don't work, we invented a pen that would.

I dunno. According to Buzz Aldrin, one of the switches on their lander snapped off while he and Armstrong were on the moon, and without the switch, they would have been stuck there. Luckily, they had pens, and used one of the pens to operate the switch.

PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

wrote:No one has ever proved that the mysterious 'American food' exists though.

Haven't you ever heard the saying "The only good things to ever come out of America are vegetables."?
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1188254903[/unixtime]]Sure it exists. Just take any food they eat in some other country, then add fifteen pounds of corn syrup, that way all you taste is corn syrup and not the actual food.

(If I was emperor of the world, I'd make it illegal to use corn syrup in food, it's a vile substance.)

I've gotten to the point where I more or less refuse to eat anything that has "high fructose corn syrup" on the ingredient list.

I'd also like a link to that Russian psi research if you would be so kind.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1188250002[/unixtime]]

AAARGH SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

huh. damn... I love the idea of this country but I also like pointing out stupid things it's done... and there goes one of 'em...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

PhoneLobster at [unixtime wrote:1188274928[/unixtime]]
wrote:No one has ever proved that the mysterious 'American food' exists though.

Haven't you ever heard the saying "The only good things to ever come out of America are vegetables."?

Eww, vegetables suck though.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Confused_Jackal_Mage
NPC

Post by Confused_Jackal_Mage »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1188202089[/unixtime]]Russia has all the cooler sciences, ranging from winning the space race and (to this day) ESP experiments. As an American, I'm torn between an attitude of "hey, but this isn't such a bad place to live" and "wow we really do suck compared to Russia."

They have proved psi exists and the rest of the world still goes about nosepicking and wondering if telepathy is a farce???? :razz:

This is, um, a lie. Or at least wrong. Telepathy/psi/whatever does not exist, and has been been shown to exist in any appropriately conducted experiment (eg one that actually blinds the study and doesn't massage the results afterwards).

PEAR has been going on for... 28 years (it just recently closed), trying to find anyone, anything that could influence a random number generator. These people were serious about this shit, and yet they didn't discover a single statistically significant thing in nearly 30 years.

And that P in PEAR? Stands for Princeton.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Note there are a whole lot of holes in the general laws of information theory, especially on the quantum level. The only problem is that it's almost impossible for them to illegally transmit any useful information.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Confused_Jackal_Mage at [unixtime wrote:1188345305[/unixtime]]
This is, um, a lie. Or at least wrong. Telepathy/psi/whatever does not exist,

And that P in PEAR? Stands for Princeton.

I ruther thought he was joking.

Anywho, yah, the P stands for Princeton, but the EAR stands for Evil Atheist Radicals. Like we'd trust them.

Fvcking atheists.