Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Cynic wrote:That is all.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

TOZ: I'm confused. Have you mistaken my assertion to mean that there is no way the fetus could know about "Mom?" Or is this more about my assertion that the argument in itself is stupid and shouldn't have really taken place?
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

What it is, is a grotesque framing of the creationist "argument" into something that makes no sense. Fetuses can detect the world outside, but they have no experiential reference for "birth". Hell, within their frame of reference, Mom is not a separate entity from themselves. The umbilicus is part of their body, the placenta is part of their body, and the womb is part of their body too! There is no experiential reason for a fetus to draw any sort of line between itself and the mother, because for as long as they've had two neurons to rub together they were part of the same contiguous body.

The creationist herp derp is that atheists are idiots because god(s) are all around them and they refuse to believe. But that's fucking retarded and people who believe that shit are mentally deficient. The fetus example is simply extremely stupid on every possible level. Of course fetuses believe in "Mom", because they believe they are Mom, because they fucking are. And of course they believe in stuff outside the womb, because they can feel and hear it. And none of this is anything like Gods and Heavens because those are things that can't be detected.

-Username17
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Seriously... We've broken this down into what fetuses know and believe? So fucked up...
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

For fucks sake, can we get some actual image macros in this thread? Do I have to go looking through threads to distract people from this discussion?

Last edited by Parthenon on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
BearsAreBrown
Master

Post by BearsAreBrown »

Samurai Jack being in the Phil Lamar pictures is WAY funnier then the text.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Parthenon wrote:Image
Well actually (although he never wore an eyepatch) is was fun and games until my grandfather lost his eye in an accident. But the fun and games were not related to the object that hit his eye when he accidentally tripped and fell on it.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Cynic wrote:TOZ: I'm confused. Have you mistaken my assertion to mean that there is no way the fetus could know about "Mom?" Or is this more about my assertion that the argument in itself is stupid and shouldn't have really taken place?
Did you assert something? I thought we were posting pictures, and that one went with yours.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

This is old, but I have to:
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Just a shorter version of the one I posted?
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I think it's a sequel.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Here do I swear fealty and service to Gondor, and to the Lord and Steward of the realm, to speak and to be silent, to do and to let be, to come and to go, in need or plenty, in peace or war, in living or dying, from this hour henceforth, until my lord catapults me, or death take me, or the world end.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:I think it's a sequel.
Oh, weird. I could have sworn I linked to the full version. I didn't watch the whole thing in the URL I linked.

My bad.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

The Republican Presidential Candidates sit down to a game of D&D:

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Cynic wrote:Image
On the other hand, Batman, your parents will never accidentally bust you...
trollface.jpg
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Taken to the next level...
Last edited by Cynic on Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

That's only because it's the DC Universe.
In Marvel, they'd have been back several times by now . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

mrrr.

People don't stay dead in comics period. Marvel is the one that's just hyped up more.

Case in point, Hal Jordan, Superman, Jason Todd (Robin and later Red Hood), Batman, Metamorpho, Flash, Terra, Green Arrow, shit every single other hero or villain.

I mean one of Batman's more cooler villains Ra's al ghul's whole shtick is that he has the secrets of the Lazarus pits.

Oh yeah, Superboy, Alexander Luthor, and I think there was a really bad universe-wide series in DC called Blackest Night that killed and zombified a lot of characters.. Haven't read that one yet. Apparently I read the sequel Brightest day. I had thought this was the prequel but huh...
Last edited by Cynic on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Cynic wrote:more cooler
Why?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.