So contraception is a now a new front in the US culture war.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

"If you deny my daughter birth control, I will assume you are trying to get her pregnant.

I've got a shotgun reserved for boys like you." - mckenzee of Sinister Bedfellows the comic.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Bayer invented heroin. HE SUPPORTS BAYER THE HEROIN-MANUFACTURERS, THAT GUY IS OUR ENEMY IN THE WAR ON DRUGS!

Oh come on, it works for the conservatives, let's see if we can set them at each others throats with their own technique.

And I still prefer my method of contraception. Girl-on-girl has had zero instances of pregnancy.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
LargePrime
Apprentice

Post by LargePrime »

Is it relevant that ~+60% of these catholic 'adjacent' institutions funding is federal?

Like Jesus Said, "Pay Cesar's things to Cesar". They could always reject the money and not have this problem.

Also note that most all of these institutions WERE ALREADY DOING THIS. THEY were ALREADY supplying NUNS Abortifactants. What the fuck do you think they do when a nun gets pregnant?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

LargePrime wrote:What the fuck do you think they do when a nun gets pregnant?
Force her to carry to term then burn both nun and child at the stake, presumably. It sounds about right for Catholics.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Your days were full of polio and segregation; your days fucking sucked.
And your days are filled with AIDS, beast / prostrate cancer, and the rise of the oppressive police state (that literally steals a turkey sandwich from 4th graders and forces them to eat chicken nuggets).

So your days suck too. Get fucking over it.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

In this thread Tzor fronts like lunch programs are comparable to segregated America.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Um? Tzor, do you think breast and prostrate cancer didn't exist 70 years ago?

But sure, 1 out of every 360 people in the US has HIV, and people now live long enough that prostate cancer is an important health issue instead of something discovered in the autopsy of a guy who died for some other reason, and we treat women like real people, so we give a shit about breast cancer.

Why are those bad things? I mean, I agree the aids one sucks, but it's hardly fucking polio.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

tzor wrote:oppressive police state (that literally steals a turkey sandwich
Pro tip.

When you encounter a REAL oppressive police state, and I do hope Tzor that somehow you ever leave your basement, and travel the world until personally do have an intimate relationship with a REAL police state, you will find "Police States" are not TYPICALLY identified by an interest in a single turkey sandwich.

I mean fuck Tzor. You are in the USA even if you DO want to make your bullshit partisan bitchfesting and pretend your fear of Obama is actually based on Authoritarian over reach and NOT your personal fear of his being black you actually have like DOZENS of things you could point at involving actual police doing actual horrible things to actual people.

But you talk about "a turkey sandwich" because you are a moron who cannot even frame an argument when it is HANDED to him on a silver platter with fucking tazers and domestic spy drones.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Can we say for certain AIDS didn't exist back in the day?
Last edited by TOZ on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

“You know, back in my days, they’d use Bayer aspirin for contraceptives,” Friess said on MSNBC. “The gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.”
I think we'd all be better off had his mom followed this advice.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

PhoneLobster wrote: But you talk about "a turkey sandwich" because you are a moron who cannot even frame an argument when it is HANDED to him on a silver platter with fucking tazers and domestic spy drones.
But if the police didn't have tazers and spy drones, how would they protect us from the hippies?
LargePrime
Apprentice

Post by LargePrime »

by shooting them, like at Kent state. Oh the good old days when you just fucking kill hippies....
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

TOZ wrote:Can we say for certain AIDS didn't exist back in the day?
Realtively. We know the mutation rate of HIV and genetic tests on all known current strains put their most recent common ancestor somewhere around 1910.

The exact timeline is uncertain, but most agree that HIV mutated from SIV somewhere around the late 19th to early 20th century and remained mostly confined to Africa until the late 60s.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Whenever I argue and trade insults with PL (ie all the time) I wonder "Why the fuck don't I just ignore him? I'm trigger-happy with that feature."

Then we all reply to tzor and I go "Oh that's right, because the things we so agree on are golden".

Seriously. When the police are using riot squads for basically everything ever (including conducting a search on a guitar store that is suspected of not using properly treated imported wood - clearly an immediate domestic threat!), and relentlessly beating the shit out of peaceful protesters and trying to arrest them for recording the illegal assaults, you present us with...

a turkey fucking sandwich.

What the fuck. This is practically grounds for a meme or image macro.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Koumei wrote: a turkey fucking sandwich.

What the fuck. This is practically grounds for a meme or image macro.
Try this on. I can't think of a quote though.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

One: Tzor, the police weren't even involved with the turkey sandwich. So stop lying.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=49543

*Ignore the dumbass commentary in the above link

http://vaccineliberationarmy.com/food-p ... rom-child/

http://hummersandcigarettes.blogspot.co ... ch-is.html

Two: Even if the police were involved that just plain shitty ass comparison.

**give me some time I might have a picture to go with this.
Last edited by Leress on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Depends upon what day you are referring to. It certainly wasn't as prevalent in the 1960's but it still existed.

Radiolab did a show with a theme of "Patient Zero" and a good chunk of that episode was with regards to the origin of AIDS. As always, it is fucking interesting because it is radiolab.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Leress wrote:One: Tzor, the police weren't even involved with the turkey sandwich. So stop lying.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=49543

*Ignore the dumbass commentary in the above link
Just link to the original.

The woman from the state division in charge of the program couldn't even figure out why the lunch was turned down.
Last edited by Maj on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LargePrime
Apprentice

Post by LargePrime »

tzor wrote:the rise of the oppressive police state
Tell me about who passed the patriot act? You Stupid Fuck.
tzor wrote:(that literally steals a turkey sandwich
"Literally steals" does not mean "did not touch the turkey sandwich in any way". You Stupid Fuck.
tzor wrote:from 4th graders and forces them to eat chicken nuggets).
"forces" does not mean "added Food to their lunch to make sure they had enough nutrition." Which they are free to eat or throw away. You Stupid Fuck.

You are Stupid because the mind space you absorb information from is poisoned with stupid. Yes it make you feel loved and special, but it also makes you fucking stupid.
Last edited by LargePrime on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vnonymous
Knight

Post by Vnonymous »

The USA is really not an oppressive police state. In Iran, you can be executed for making a website where people upload pictures.

The US has a way to go before its' there yet, although it is making pretty good progress(say hello to your friendly TSA agents the next time you drive/catch the train/a bus).
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Wikipedia wrote:AIDS is caused by the Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which originated in non-human primates in Sub-Saharan Africa and was transferred to humans during the late 19th or early 20th century.
Only in the apes.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

LargePrime wrote:
tzor wrote:the rise of the oppressive police state
Tell me about who passed the patriot act? You Stupid Fuck.
A Neo-Con (or as Mike Church would say a DecptiCON) named G.W. Bush.

(Remember his father once called Reagan Economics "VooDoo" economics.)

He was also the one who had to "destroy capitalism in order to save it" by forcing the bailout of the banks.

But the last time I check, Bin Laden is DEAD and Obama is still doubling down on Bush's initial efforts.

Bush is crap.

Obama is HOLY CRAP!
erik
King

Post by erik »

tzor wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:AIDS is caused by the Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), which originated in non-human primates in Sub-Saharan Africa and was transferred to humans during the late 19th or early 20th century.
Only in the apes.
More accurately it was SIV (Simian Immunodeficiency Virus) "back in the day", and it has crossed over onto humans many times in the past. There's currently 3 or 4 varieties of HIV currently as the pandemic actually is from multiple cross-over events.

It seems incredibly likely that there were other HIV cross-overs in the much more distant past but didn't manage to spread so widely due to shorter life spans, less mobile people, less dense populations, take your pick.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

tzor wrote:
Only in the apes.
So, the same as today? :bored: