Crypts of Chaos

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kothre walks over to the people near the wall, "Er, ok, so is this, or is this not hell? I mean, the decor..." she gestures weakly with a hand encased in shining metal.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Korgan0 wrote:What? Eh? Who the devil are you? Oh, it's no matter. We're all going to die, anyways. I came out of that room a different person than therm who went in- it wasn't pleasant. Let's get out of this place.

Archibald follows Olaf, looking for something interesting. Is there anything that looks like writing?
Olaf turns slightly at Archibald's approach. "Wizard? Good. It seem inscriptions of warning. Cannot say whether warning of traps ahead or behind. Or everywhere, if this is some celebrated proving ground."
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

"Eh? No, it's not hell, seems like some dungeon complex thing made by someone that doesn't particularly like us."

Archibald extends a withered, gnarled hand to the young lady and introduces himself.
Last edited by Korgan0 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Oh, well that's good, I guess." Kothre takes his hand and introduces herself.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

"Good? I wouldn't go that far, there was a book review I was working on. In any case, might it be a good idea for us to get across that pit over there? Hefting books around puts one in better shape than one might think."

[ooc]The point of me looking for writing-esque things is for me to cast Comprehend Languages and read it, so anything that looks like it might be writing is what I'm looking for[/ooc]
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Kai uses his sword to slice through the hand that holds the bronze axe, catching it in his other hand as it falls. He then points the tip of his blade warily at Archibald and then Cadwyn.

"It seems to me that the foul magics of this place have changed you, and not for the better. Why did your faithful hound attack you Cadwyn? The senses of beasts are sharper than ours. Perhaps we have reason to be wary too."

Kai looks at the newcomer. "Aracanis has not emerged from his encounter with this deck of tricks. I say it is but one more trap for the careless. We should leave here, and play the games of the Mad God no more."
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Um... hold on, I think I can help here." Kothre closes her eyes for a moment, before opening them again, the deliberate motion draws attention to their mismatched nature, one blood red, like a never healing hemorrhage, the other dull grey like a corpse. The glowing of the two orbs and the previously black markings certainly draw attention too.

[ooc]crap myth weavers is down... Kothre activates a power that gives her Detect Magic. She can end the effect as a full round action to identify an item, as well.[/ooc]

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

"Oh, no, of course we should leave. Head for the door, why don't you?" Hmm?
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Kai lowers his sword and his features soften a little.

"I swear you were less sarcastic before your encounter with that thing! It appears Olaf has found us a path. We can only hope it will lead us out of here."
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Archibald's staff and headband, the axe, and the boy's dagger are magical" Kothre says in a raspy voice, "though the dagger is strange. The grey stone in the floor is magical, faintly, and I sense powerful outlines of magic along the south wall. Excuse me-" she says, before touching the dagger and expending the effect, the glow of her eyes and markings seemingly flowing down her arm, engulfing the dagger, and traveling back up her arm to her brow and disappearing in a flash.

She expended to identify.

Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Cadwyn glares back at Kai. "Faithful hound? Yes, before I learned my fate. Betrayal is an ugly thing. Pray that you never face it."

He turns to the newcomer. "My name is Cadwyn, not 'boy'. And what did you do to my dagger?"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Oh, it's just strange because it's psionic. Interesting." She looks up "Technically, I called you The Boy. Your dagger is unharmed, it's quite powerful, however." The girl turns to the wizard "Archibald, are you aware of the power of your staff and headband?"

Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

"Technically, I'm the only cold blooded killer here, girl. You should not forget that." Cadwyn says, with a significant glace down to the dead dog at his feet. He sets down the saddlebag and draws the dagger, looking at it again. "Hey, it's not any kind of onyx, it's metal. And well-made. But powerful?" He glances back at the remains of the dead dwarf for a moment, a puzzled expression on his face, then turns to the north.

Sheathing the dagger again, and re-hoisting the bag, he moves to catch up with Archibald and Olaf. "Any sign of a way out of here?"

ooc: sorry for the terrible pun. I couldn't resist.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Whatever wrote:Sheathing the dagger again, and re-hoisting the bag, he moves to catch up with Archibald and Olaf. "Any sign of a way out of here?"
"Is possible. Warning carvings may be a entrance hallway talking about the traps behind. Will need proceed further if testing that theory. But based on view of sky, am hoping the outside world is not green glowing. This seems like decent first choice untile our map is larger."
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

After hiking down the North hallway for quite a long while, to the point that he stops bothering to search for hidden doors, Olaf abruptly stops, beginning to examine the floor and ceiling.

"This corridor has gone for at least a mile. Was not expecting this. A curse? A hidden teleporter? Have found something at last, but beginning to have doubts."

He shines his lantern above and below, detaching some rope and his collapsible pole from his equipment harness.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Olaf hisses with pleasure and marks the outlines of a hole in the ceiling with some pale blue chalk.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Olaf prods at the ground through another hole set in the floor. After a few second, he sets his pole to one side and reaches through with his left hand. He quickly recoils, this time hissing in pain. His left hand has been chopped off.

Olaf douses the stump of his left arm in vodka, then lights the high proof alcohol with a torch. It burns quickly, cauterizing the wound. Weak from blood loss, Olaf slumps to the floor, leaning against one wall.

"Is not looking like exit. Sky is farther away." With those words, Olaf's eyes shut.

{Olaf is at -5 hit points}
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The good news is, Olaf's quick thinking stopped the bleeding and allowed anyone coming down the northern tunnel time to catch up to his present position.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Cadwyn catches up to Olaf. "Olaf? Taking a nap, here of all places?" he says, then gets a closer look, "Dragon's breath! His hand is gone!"

Cadwyn quickly looks around for any hostile creatures, then notices the holes in the floor and ceiling. Some kind of trap? He keeps away from them as he bends down to check on Olaf's injury.

ooc: is anyone else here, or is everyone still a mile back in the entrance room?
Ancient History
Serious Badass

[Well, I think Archibald was heading this way, but as far as I'm aware everyone is back in room 00.]
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Cadwyn will check Olaf's pack for anything that could be used as a makeshift bandage. If Archibald is out of sight, Cadwyn will also help himself to the coins and rings that Olaf found in the first room, and then rig up a blanket or something to drag Olaf back.

If Archibald is there, Cadwyn will send the wizard back to bring the others, and help himself to the loot in the mean time.

edit: that is, assuming Olaf pocketed any of the treasure from room 00. If not, Cadwyn will only take some cloth for a makeshift bandage.
Last edited by Whatever on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

[Okay, keep in mind that Olaf is a mile down the scary dark corridor covered with scenes of horrific violence and attacks from the shadows. The stuff Olaf found from the bodies - plus the coins dropped by the cube when it died - are all in room 00]
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Psionic, it's a different form of magic." Kothre sighs, "Let me know if the corridor doesn't kill you, I'll poke around here. Kothre will search the room as she waits.

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Kothre finds a heap of shiny coins in the rapidly-drying remnants of some gelatinous beast - 23 square gold pieces, 58 triangular copper pieces, 19 octogonal platinum pieces marked with squid-heads, and a few items of jewelry - silver rings of elven make, and gold rings of dwarven make - and a small grey prism of some kind, the one with a faint magical aura.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

She'll pick up the coins and jewelry, and use Magic Insight to detect magic on the prism, concentrating and rolling spellcraft for school
Last edited by Prak on Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.