You do fucking win at D&D.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

name_here wrote:
Avoraciopoctules wrote:[quote="hyzmarca]
This is assuming you're even talking about D&D anymore and aren't just going HURR DURR COLOSSAL EVERYTHING PWNS ALL.
I picked a group of antagonists that I'm familiar with. The fact that growing huge is one of their shticks is simply a coincidence.
I hope this turns out to be what I think it might.
I'm not sure wh-

Oh. Yes, I think it is.[/quote]

Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Virgil that's enough stop shitting in this thread now. You are clearly just trolling GC at this point. I've had enough of you forced drama just tell GC to suck a barrel of cocks and be done it. That fact that you still pulling this shit is causing me to dislike you as a person. Do you have any idea how that is, Benoist frozen fast though he may be still never got off my good person list so consider this a wake-up call.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I happen to find it kind of amusing.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Mr. GC wrote:Lol, ninjaed. So no remarks on the constant rewriting of my posts and image spam by him?
You know, genuine question; do you think he is actually rewriting your posts with the intent to deceive others about things you have said (which, while I don't think is actually a bannable offense, is probably only not bannable because we've never had an issue with it before), or do you think he is actually rewriting your posts with the intent to mock you and that it is mockery is obvious to everyone who will ever read it? Because if you think the former, you're demented. And if you think the latter, listening to you bitch and whine about being made fun on the flimsy pretext of misrepresentation is just... adorable. Absolutely adorable. Especially after dealing with your style of discussion for 20 pages, which involves bending everything you possibly can into an excuse to say the word basketweaver one more time like it means anything at all coming from you.

Now, the images in his posts are getting annoying, especially when there's more than one of them, but they aren't actually walls of images so they don't actually obstruct the thread. And his posts are generally totally irrelevant, which is also kind of annoying, but he's also been slipping mocking and relevant commentary into them. But you know what? Virgil has it right. You're a fucking joke, and treating you as such is just about the only thing worth doing with you and the rest of us are idiots for continuing to engage you in conversation.
name_here wrote:I happen to find it kind of amusing.
Best part of the thread, by far.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

DSMatticus wrote:wrongness
I'm going to say this more clearly.

In an internet argument there are some things that just should not fly and one of them them is rewriting peoples posts. Playing internet psychologist or accusing someone you disagree with of having a mental disability are also off limits. When you engage in this sort of behavior you are no longer arguing with them you are directly trolling them. If you think this sort of behavior is even remotely acceptable than you are a terrible person end of story.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Lord Mistborn wrote:In an internet argument there are some things that just should not fly and one of them them is rewriting peoples posts. Playing internet psychologist or accusing someone you disagree with of having a mental disability are also off limits. When you engage in this sort of behavior you are no longer arguing with them you are directly trolling them. If you think this sort of behavior is even remotely acceptable than you are a terrible person end of story.
I guess you play Internet Forum on easy mode.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Lord Mistborn wrote:
DSMatticus wrote:wrongness
:rofl:

Look; are you capable of distinguishing between sarcasm/irony/mockery (I really don't know what the best terminology is here) and deception? Because attempting to deceive people about the position of another poster (which can be done with or without quotes) is incredibly bad form. Mockery is not, especially when it is a good faith attempt to remain relevant to the argument (which is where Virgil... has fallen a little short).

Tell Virgil that his little humor is frequently way off topic, and that putting an image in every post makes the thread harder to read than the occasional image here and there. You'd be right. Accuse him of being deceptive and crossing the line by presenting blatantly false quotes, and you're just being an idiot.

tl;dr stop bitching that people are mocking eachother. Bitch that people are mocking eachother in off-topic ways. If you're going to yell at him, yell at him for the right reasons.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

I will admit that I started getting off-topic in the mocking, but this thread (and the branch-off he obviously started thoroughly crapping all over) were already way past the point of being an argument you even could have in good faith. You commented on the other thread about his incredibly intellectual dishonesty and goalpost moving. As far as his behavior has shown in these two threads, responding respectfully will get about as much progress with him.

In regards to the image use, it is starting to become a habit with him and I should probably try to cut back out of deference to others; so I'll make a solid effort to do that in spoilers.
Last edited by virgil on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Whatever wrote:
Lord Mistborn wrote:In an internet argument there are some things that just should not fly and one of them them is rewriting peoples posts. Playing internet psychologist or accusing someone you disagree with of having a mental disability are also off limits. When you engage in this sort of behavior you are no longer arguing with them you are directly trolling them. If you think this sort of behavior is even remotely acceptable than you are a terrible person end of story.
Oh snap!
EDIT:
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Lord Mistborn wrote:Virgil that's enough stop shitting in this thread now. You are clearly just trolling GC at this point. I've had enough of you forced drama just tell GC to suck a barrel of cocks and be done it. That fact that you still pulling this shit is causing me to dislike you as a person. Do you have any idea how that is, Benoist frozen fast though he may be still never got off my good person list so consider this a wake-up call.
Misty,

I cannot accept your generous gift with a clear conscience. You obviously need it much more than me. Here's your butthurt back, please make good use of it.

Your friend,

Nockermensch

PS: seek help
Whatever wrote:I guess you play Internet Forum on easy mode.
I think you have just won a lifetime supply of Internets, Whatever. This is just perfect.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Lich-Loved
Knight

Post by Lich-Loved »

Whatever wrote:
Milk, meet screen + keyboard
- LL
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

deanruel87 wrote:
FrankTrollman wrote: At this point, I do not believe that GC is Roy. While Roy's arguments suffered a lot from begging the question (his tirade against sundering could be summated "My personal houserules make Sunder bad in all cases, therefore Sunder is bad in all cases under RAW"), he was at least able to see the profound disconnect between GitP and BG groupthink and the actual game. This "GC" fellow cannot, which means that he is probably a liar who attempted to use the anonymity of the internet to claim what respect Roy has (however grudgingly) earned.

-Username17
If it's not Roy it sure sounds a lot like him. Take a look at the second post in this thread. If they're not the same person they sound tremendously alike.
...and their IP addresses are remarkably (though not exactly) similar. Circumstantial at best, I know, but it makes me wonder.

Game On,
fbmf
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Mr. GC is cleary not to be taken seriously. He never ever backs up his colaims with numbers and builds at all, but plays a vague "so, you think you can figure it out" game where he avoids getting pinpointed on specifics even more. Ignore him and be done with it.

Lord Mistborn is either in on the trolling, or a fool who can't see Mr. GC for what he is.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

virgil wrote:I will admit that I started getting off-topic in the mocking
Off what fucking topic? You making him go full rage-retarded was hands down the only part of this horrible thread worth tuning into
fbmf wrote: ...and their IP addresses are remarkably (though not exactly) similar. Circumstantial at best, I know, but it makes me wonder.

Game On,
fbmf
Deduction! Also obviously the tendency to freak out and start spamming the board at perceived slights isn't NO connection either.
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

Well fuck you guys then.

Fuck virgil for ensuring this thread would be a shitstorm by trolling GC

Fuck nockermesh for making another troll thread and generally being frozen fast.

Fuck GC for throwing tantrums rather than posting anything concrete.

This place is supposed to have adults but all I'm seeing is trolls trolling trolls. When I signed on I expected better but these last few days make me wonder if I ought to adjust my expectations.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Lord Mistborn wrote:This place is supposed to have adults but all I'm seeing is trolls trolling trolls. When I signed on I expected better but these last few days make me wonder if I ought to adjust my expectations.
Perhaps this whole forum was just an elaborate lure meant to lull you into a false sense of security before the trolls struck. You could write a book with this material.
K
King

Post by K »

Lord Mistborn wrote:
This place is supposed to have adults but all I'm seeing is trolls trolling trolls. When I signed on I expected better but these last few days make me wonder if I ought to adjust my expectations.
You are part of the problem. Stop being a troll and stop feeding trolls like GC.

Also, your judgmental attitude is super-boring. Contribute or GTFO because we were not put here on earth to meet your expectations.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

K wrote: You are part of the problem. Stop being a troll and stop feeding trolls like GC.

Also, your judgmental attitude is super-boring. Contribute or GTFO because we were not put here on earth to meet your expectations.
Wait wut.

Insofar as this thread hasn't been a shitstorm it's been me talking to GC like a human rather than a troll. If you all learned from my examples you could be winning the debate with GC now rather than looking just as absurd as him.

edit also I was developing an RPG here it's just I lost motivation when people stopped commenting on my posts.
Last edited by Mistborn on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Lord Mistborn wrote:also I was developing an RPG here it's just I lost motivation when people stopped commenting on my posts.
Try this.
http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=31521

Describe what you think an actual campaign would look like in your dev thread. That might get more people interested. All I really remember about your rpg is a bunch of different rules for manabolts or whatever causing me to lose interest halfway through.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Lord Mistborn wrote:
K wrote: You are part of the problem. Stop being a troll and stop feeding trolls like GC.

Wait wut.

Insofar as this thread hasn't been a shitstorm it's been me talking to GC like a human rather than a troll. If you all learned from my examples you could be winning the debate with GC now rather than looking just as absurd as him.

edit also I was developing an RPG here it's just I lost motivation when people stopped commenting on my posts.
You are an idiot. We already won the argument with GC, we showed how lines do create corners in the actual rules. We showed how punishing people for not playing at the exact level that you play it is stupid and childish, and we showed how we are capable of, and sometimes do, play at a much higher level than GC is capable, by for example, not banning Shivering Touch, because it's not actually game breaking, and using monsters in intelligent ways without arbitrarily giving them much higher numbers than anything actually listed at that CR.

We won any argument GC ever started almost instantly.

We also won the argument were you thought it was totally okay to punish people for not playing at the level you want them to play at, just that you are willing to accept a lower level than GC.

In fact, it is still there waiting for you to provide an adequate and cogent response to fectins post at the end of page 3 on the other thread.

But since GC's actual response to any question about what he thinks a standard party should look like is "It should have the standard things in it. The things that are standard. Standard. Stand. Ard. Standard!" he is not worth talking to, and only worth talking about to mock.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

GC refused to make even a single build. Hell, he refused to present even a complete list of build elements or even a spell list for his spellcasting optimization claims. When he did present hard information, it was in tiny snippets and literally laughable. Some of it was laughable because it was terrible (Divine Companion), some of it was laughable because it was physical items that might have game rules available if they existed - but simply did not exist in any setting (Truespeak Masterwork Tools, Magebred Warbeast Fleshrakers).

He didn't make a single claim that was coherent or testable save for a few minor ones that were trivially demonstrated to be false. If GC actually is Roy then that is very sad, because it means that Roy's already fragile mental state has degraded considerably since the last time he was on these boards. GC is apparently unable to stay on any topic long enough to make an argument for anything, and unable to muster enough D&D skill to even make a single legal combo.

It is not actually difficult to make wizards that murder people at medium level. Wall of Force + Cloud Kill is pretty epic. That GC couldn't do any of that says much about him. That he chose instead to make vague references to theoretical optimization builds from other boards that were blatantly illegal, and not actually good says even more.

-Username17
FatR
Duke

Post by FatR »

Well, what Den lately calls "theoretical optimization" are facts of life in some games. I actually played in a campaign which included a Nightstick-abusing persist cleric who utterly broke assumed RNG for our level, paranoia conjurer who was IoSV instead of Incantatrix only because not realizing what the game is, but still hardly ever was affected by anything, and so on. I just found that such game sucked, because the GM arbitrarily unleashed monsters capable of challenging us anyway, and the plot was little different from an average mid-level plot, so we got jack and shit for investing shitton of time into optimization.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

I've played in a game where not only we got scry'd and died, at a certain point the BBEG used CoP in its TO application. There is no counter to CoP. The DM said we where pretty smart and expected us to figure out some counter. That is why I have an abiding dislike for upper level divinations and other Wizard shenanigans, they are 'cute' when only PCs do them but they destroy campaigns when the bad guys use them.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

virgil is doing what I wanted to do for 10 pages but never actually did.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Juton wrote:I've played in a game where not only we got scry'd and died, at a certain point the BBEG used CoP in its TO application. There is no counter to CoP. The DM said we where pretty smart and expected us to figure out some counter. That is why I have an abiding dislike for upper level divinations and other Wizard shenanigans, they are 'cute' when only PCs do them but they destroy campaigns when the bad guys use them.
Copypaste this as my experience and you have why I don't like high level play a whole helluva lot.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.