Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both, Continued

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Voss
Prince

Re: Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Post by Voss »

Lago, thanks. I never got around to reading the item stuff in that book. Got stuck on the crappy Legacy Sword things and stopped reading the items.

It reads like the designer suddenly went on a crack binge, though. With stances, strikes and boosts, it seems far too easy to generate ridiculous bonuses all the time.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Yep my eyes glazed over and I didn't really process most of the manuevers section, even with reading it 3 times now.
I got how they work, but the exact stances n stuff are lost to me; my mind rebelled and told me "you memorized most of the SRD and Spell Compendium by now, you don't need more."
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

It reads like the designer suddenly went on a crack binge, though. With stances, strikes and boosts, it seems far too easy to generate ridiculous bonuses all the time.

Perversely, the 'ridiculous' bonuses that get generated by Bo9S characters are exactly what sword-based characters need and generally only gives it to people who need it.

High-level sword-based characters NEED the ability to take two full-attack actions in one round while being in a stance that allows them to survive lethal hp damage and throwing up counters that give them an arbitrary +13 bonus or more to all saves.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Perhaps, but the way they did it means a swordsage's weapon is literally doubling his attack bonus at 9th level. And would very reasonably have a +3 equivalent weapon at that level. So the execution is a little screwy.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Agreed, high saves are a good answer to the problem of spellcasters generally pwning those without SoDs.

So far there's 3 fixes possible IMHO:
1 - Nerf SoDs so that none are, well, "Die". Add saves to all spells lacking one. Forcecage I'm looking at you...
2 - Grant everyone better or at least cheaper ways of boosting saves.
3 - Grant warriors and anything with no spells at all the best methods of boosting saves, even if temporary.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Well, according to some shit on ENWorld, insta-kills are apparently out of 4th. But it lead to this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t ... ][br]We've got to write insta-kills back in the game! Cuz its awesome to just DIE!
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Why do you people even go to other gaming forums anymore? Is there any decent material or argument to be found out side the Den without having to wade through chest high rivers of distilled idiocy to get to it?

I heard some of you older members used to hang out at "nifty" is this place good/currently existent?
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

They go to ENWorld and Da Wiz and bring back trinkets for us to laugh at.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Dunno' 'bout you, but I mostly get crying out of these threads; not so much with the laughing.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Maybe it's your alignment. HAHAHA!
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

See attached screencap (threads don't get archived on 4chan unless suitably Epic). The post in question is highlighted. This is why I feel that /tg/ has less intelligence than /b/.

EDIT:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I usually bop between /d/, /h/, and /s/. And not to talk, most of the time. -_-;;;
shirak
Knight

Post by shirak »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1191742895[/unixtime]]They go to ENWorld and Da Wiz and bring back trinkets for us to laugh at.

That's exactly why I go to the d20 section of RPG.net these days. I still think Open has some decent people with interesting ideas but most of the d20 regulars are either assholes or clueless.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

re: the warlock thread

It seems that me stating my opinion is "trolling". How amusing.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

/tg/ is only good for the 40k stuff.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1191775794[/unixtime]]re: the warlock thread

It seems that me stating my opinion is "trolling". How amusing.

I like how the guy calling you a troll has a sig that makes it clear he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Holy crap, I didn't notice that because my sigs are turned off on WotC. That's fucking hilarious.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Eh? His sig is just a bunch of links, if we're talking about Angry Matt, the guy who thinks the Internet is serious business. Does following the links reveal this fact, or are you referring to something else?

And as usual, team Gaming Den makes all the good points. I like the bit about sucking all day and the BoEF. Course, Vampires and Succubi (oh wait, refer back to BoEF for Succubi) make sucking all day a good thing too.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1191780272[/unixtime]]Eh? His sig is just a bunch of links, if we're talking about Angry Matt, the guy who thinks the Internet is serious business. Does following the links reveal this fact, or are you referring to something else?

Sorry. I got my idiots mixed up. I was referring to navar100.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Course, Vampires and Succubi (oh wait, refer back to BoEF for Succubi) make sucking all day a good thing too.

Psshah. Not at those level adjustments.

Eh? His sig is just a bunch of links, if we're talking about Angry Matt, the guy who thinks the Internet is serious business. Does following the links reveal this fact, or are you referring to something else?

His .sig links to a his super secret Warlock plan. Which is... to get to 14th level as a Warlock/Chameleon and be able to cast 5th level spells and use Invocations that are the equivalent of 4th level spells, round about. Seriously.

As a 14th level character he will be able to choose one of three different characters 5 levels lower than himself to emulate each round. And that's it. That's the whole plan. There isn't some step three where it suddenly becomes better than being a single classed sorcerer and casting planar binding three times.

-Username17
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1191780825[/unixtime]]
Psshah. Not at those level adjustments.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting we were using Level Adjustments! I'm not on cocaine here.

And that's it. That's the whole plan. There isn't some step three where it suddenly becomes better than being a single classed sorcerer and casting planar binding three times.

Wow, what a great plan! Where do I sign up for a build like that?

Edit: I read navar's sig. Yeah, he's pretty stupid. "Just because I'm not even playing the same game as anyone else, doesn't mean I'm no good!"

I also like how someone there referenced acid flask rogues as being one of the immensely broken things, as opposed to "roughly good enough to compete with their peers in regular combat, assuming they're not getting raped by magical effects they can't deal with".
erik
King

Post by erik »

Calibron at [unixtime wrote:1191742584[/unixtime]]I heard some of you older members used to hang out at "nifty" is this place good/currently existent?

http://azure.bbboy.net/niftymessageboard

There
isn't nearly as much fresh gaming content there anymore. I guess there aren't enough of us to support that kind of content for two boards. Nifty feels mostly like an in-crowd thing with the majority of the sub-boards being akin to The Gaming Den's MPSIMS.

This thread is worth a read tho. Shame on Mr Waesel for sharing the good stuff only at Nifty.
http://bb.bbboy.net/niftymessageboard-v ... br][br][br]... and if principle forbids anybody from going to that thread, here's all you really need to know:

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm

I
think that link qualifies for this thread. I laughed, I cried. On the inside.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1191781230[/unixtime]]
Edit: I read navar's sig. Yeah, he's pretty stupid. "Just because I'm not even playing the same game as anyone else, doesn't mean I'm no good!"

That's not why his sig is stupid. The problem with the weaker classes, primarily the Monk and the Fighter isn't just that they are weak. It's that other classes do their main shticks better than they do. Not being as powerful as a cleric isn't necessarily a problem for a fighter. Being a worse fighter than a cleric is.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That... is pure gold. I am going to convert some of those and use them in a "World's most retarded dungeon". Maybe a demiplane of "things the gods were too embarrassed to allow into other planes".
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

I know this is a thread about really stupid posts in other threads, but that 4-chan crap is crossing the line.

I thought this was made clear before. But in case it wasn't, here we go again.

NO ONE HERE WILL EVER ACCEPT YOUR 4CHAN BULLSHIT SO STOP TRYING TO EXPOSE US TO IT. IT ONLY MAKES ME MORE HOSTILE.