How to do Werewolf mechanics better in MTG

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Ravengm
Knight

Post by Ravengm »

Prak_Anima wrote:
Ravengm wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote:I do kind of miss the really old cards. If it were feasible, I'd want to do a friendly format based around pre-sixth edition cards.

I think it's the art and nostalgia. I started playing in fourth grade when Unlimited was out. I wasn't very good, but I think it's the last time I can remember my father taking much time to do something with me that we were both into (aside from watching movies or tv). The art on modern cards is amazing. The old art was good too, just different.
You could always create a Cube format that's just pre-sixth stuff mashed together, and it would likely be pretty fun since everything would be on the same power level.
To be honest, I still don't entirely understand Cube format.
It's pretty simple: essentially you're making your own draft set. You put a bunch of cards that represent each of the colors (and maybe color pairings) reasonably well, shuffle everything together, and give each of some players 3 15-card "booster packs" to draft from, and run it like a normal draft.

It takes some effort to set up, but with a good Cube it can be pretty darn fun. My friend has a Peasant Cube (uncommons and commons only) that works pretty well.
Random thing I saw on Facebook wrote:Just make sure to compare your results from Weapon Bracket Table and Elevator Load Composition (Dragon Magazine #12) to the Perfunctory Armor Glossary, Version 3.8 (Races of Minneapolis, pp. 183). Then use your result as input to the "DM Says Screw You" equation.