Cryptocurrency: is it worth it?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'm pretty sure that's the long-awaited punchline to the joke that is Bitcoin.

It would explain the laughter, anyway.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yeah, I personally love that someone decided to just set up a price difference so that people would literally buy bitcoins from other people and sell them to mt gox, and then, low a behold, they just aren't going to pay out.

It is almost like, and this is hilarious, not having guys with guns who enforce fair transactions is a bug and not a feature.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

And thus a very important lesson is demonstrated about computer science: it doesn't matter how good your proof of security is if you fuck up your implementation.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

http://buttcoin.org/silk-road-replaceme ... free-coins

Meanwhile, Denmark says "No, it's not money, the difference is if you steal it nobody gives a shit", the US says "It's not money, it's taxable property - enjoy the worst of both worlds, suckers", and most people say "It's not money, it's a symptom of mental illness".
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
erik
King

Post by erik »

This is perfect.

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I really want to add another circle onto that and say People who know nothing about the government.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

erik wrote:This is perfect.

I thought Bitcoin was people who know too much about math and cryptography but nothing about how money works?
John Magnum
Knight-Baron

Post by John Magnum »

Maybe its designers and initial implementers, but the biggest Bitcoin boosters don't know shit about math. Any time they try to tell you that it's not fiat, it's "backed by math", or something? That's people who know nothing about math but like invoking it as a talisman of scientificity and objectivity and impartiality.
-JM
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

THE FUTURE!