It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Maxus wrote:I wore shorts last weekend.
I wore shorts on Tuesday boyo. Don't test my commitment to freezing to death to avoid wearing pants when not at work.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Today it was just below freezing and I didn't have to wear my coat. I was so used to it being 0-5 degrees F (or -20 to -15 degrees C if you lack the freedom to understand F).
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Today, I wore pants. Also yesterday. Yesterday I wore a shirt also. Three shirts, in fact. Three shirts, and a vest, and a jacket.
tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

It's 2100 hours, 22 C (that's 72 F back in the 19th century), and I have my warm top on. Y'all are living on the wrong end of the planet, or not close enough to worry level, whichever. Large islands, eh, comfortably temperate.

Of course, we do get a few earthquakes. The odd proper tsunami. Occasional super-volcanoes that cover half the landmass in meters of liquid rock, but as they say, nowhere's perfect, and that's why we live in the middle of nowhere.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I have found a surprising number of gamers taking part in the local kink community. It's a pleasant surprise.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

It's a surprise that nerds like sex with toys, plots and roles?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Prak wrote:It's a surprise that nerds like sex with toys, plots and roles?
In retrospect it now seems obvious...
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Tumblr is surprisingly good for writing inspiration, this is like the third thing a tumblr post has inspired me to write--and the second Harry Potter thing.

Basically I got to thinking "hey, what if Rowling had sorted her magic out before writing so portkeys and apparration existed when the Potters were killed?"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

My Nightwish tickets just came in the mail ^_^
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Count, I never thought I would say this: I'm envious of you right now.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i just have had handed proof to me that i am an irrevocable nerd with no imagination left whatsoever by my own brain in the form of an orwellian nightmare x.x
i basically dreamed a localized to my home city mash up of the x-men sentinel arc, marvel civil war and mirrors edge running the fuck away with some kind of important doodad . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I got birthday presents this year! My domme/best friend/"it's complicated" got me a My Little Pony body pillow...
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

Really? What pony?
Occluded Sun
Duke

Post by Occluded Sun »

It could be Spike. You don't know.
"Most men are of no more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into excrement." - Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Nah, it's not a pone dakimakura, it's g-rated. It has ponka, purplesmart, and bluefast on it. Even so, it's much appreciated since I don't often get birthday presents. I also got a fleece pone blanket and a cake (which had nothing to do with pone but it was delicious).
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Ancient History
Serious Badass

icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

I am moving back to my old apartment next week!

This has been a stressful month so far, but most of my worries will be gone by the time I've moved and whatnot.
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
LeadPal
Apprentice

Post by LeadPal »

Ancient History wrote:This coffee-table book from S. T. Joshi and Metro Books is essentially an effort to provide a popular biography of Lovecraft. I...don't like this one. Lavishly illustrated and glossy, at 160 pages it's too short for a proper biography and too long for and wordy for a popular one. I know that sounds weird, but there it is. The picture-to-wordcount ratio is just off for me.
Can you recommend a better coffee-table book? One that would make a good gift to someone new to the Mythos.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

You're not exactly spoiled for choice, but this one is pretty, if a bit vapid.
Aharon
Master

Post by Aharon »

My Step-Dad unexpectedly died last Wednesday night. Just fell asleep and didn't wake up. He was 74 years old and pretty healthy.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Aharon wrote:My Step-Dad unexpectedly died last Wednesday night. Just fell asleep and didn't wake up. He was 74 years old and pretty healthy.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Aharon
Master

Post by Aharon »

Maj wrote:
Aharon wrote:My Step-Dad unexpectedly died last Wednesday night. Just fell asleep and didn't wake up. He was 74 years old and pretty healthy.
Thankks. It's harder for my mom than for me, but it still sucks.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

My car died. This makes me angry, as this is literally three days before payday and I don't have the $700+ that it looks like its going to cost to fix until Monday...