Duke

Re: See you in September.

Post by MrWaeseL »

Have fun over here.
clef
NPC

intro

Post by clef »

Hi all. I posted on Nifty for a very short time and then stopped caring about D&D for a long time thereafter. Then I was lured here by super awesome new D&D books, but then having nothing meaningful to say about D&D I ended up being lured into another topic instead.

This is a great forum and I am glad to be even a small part of it.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: intro

Post by fbmf »

Welcome, clef.

Game On,
fbmf
power_word_wedgie
Master

Post by power_word_wedgie »

Welcome indeed, clef. :)
SirWayne
1st Level

Post by SirWayne »

You know, I never knew this board had a welcome thread. >_> Well, better late than never.

Also-- unless it's secret, forbidden lore, or something-- can I ask about the history of TGD? Just curious because I remember checking out Nifty some time in... uh, 2003 or 2004, I think (I ended up there somehow after reading Lago's skewering of Complete Warrior on the WOTC boards), and not this one until some time later. So I was just wondering what happened there, heh.

I've been lurking here and there for some two years now, and it's been funny looking over some of my extremely early D&D ideas (like reducing the bonus Str granted to attack rolls, because Fighters were hitting too often... >_>) and seeing just how wrong I was in the grand scheme of things. I've learned more about game theory and design just reading old posts of Frank ranting (let alone the actual debates, heh) than probably browsing and posting that entire year on WOTC and talking with the local gamers.

So, for what it's worth; I just want to say thanks to you folks for being one of the most entertaining and educational (can you use that word in reference to games? Heh) boards on the Internets, and I hope I won't drag down your coolness rating too badly. :]
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Good to have you, Sir Wayne. We've been around since November of 2003. The rest of the boards history...what else can I say? We're geeks who talk about D&D alot.

Game On,
fbmf
SirWayne
1st Level

Welcome!

Post by SirWayne »

Heh, fair enough; and thanks. :] I was just wondering if there was a split or anything, since some folks here post there but not others, you know. But yeah, there is more gaming talk over here; so here we are. (And just "Wayne" is fine; the "Sir" thing is just something to add when my name gets taken. It's really hard to find ways to embellish a name that plain....)
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Re: See you in September.

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Welcome to my board, bitches.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Hello I'm new to these forums. I came across the forums while I was searching for the author of the that shitastic article about dead levels at WOTC. (If you read the discussion about the article, yes that is me the same Leress). I came across another discussion about it and it also had the name of Frank Trollman in it. The way they were talking about Frank it was like he was some ledgendary figure that either left the Wizards boards or was kicked out (I don't know which. Please Explain?) So I did a search for Frank Trollman and came here. I read a lot of the article here and there are some of the most thought out and intellgent things I have seen in a long time. I now have a new understanding about class design and making new classes and the importantance of synergy and well common (logical) sense about it all.
I really like it here none of those stupid "fallacies" that are not fallacies. I now post a WOTC with more knowledge and insight than before.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Re: Welcome!

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Ramnza, where on earth have you been? I never see you anymore.
power_word_wedgie
Master

Post by power_word_wedgie »

Welcome SirWayne, Leress, bitnine, Catharz (I know that Catharz has always posted, but I think that the account is new), and Spambot (I think fbmf would like to spend a few rounds ... I mean minutes talking with you ...) ...

:D
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

Lago_AM3P at [unixtime wrote:1166586113[/unixtime]]Ramnza, where on earth have you been? I never see you anymore.

I like hide in shadows. Usually by the time I get to my computer to read the posts, everyone's said pretty much what I would've and I hate repeating what someone else has said. A lot of what you guys debate over actually teaches me more than anything, which basically leaves me holding the funky hotdog.

And it's nice to be noticed. Thanks for the search party. :bricks:
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

And it's nice to be noticed. Thanks for the search party.

No probalo, but I think we should organize a search party for all of the missing Sallys on the board. I know you guys are out the--HOLY FUCKING SHIT 61 INFECTIONS?! I guess I should update Spyware Doctor more often! Jesus!
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Although I lost the original, a reconstructed version of the conversation about the history of The Gaming Den and how Frank came to post here can be found here.
[/TGFBS]
Nihlin
Journeyman

Post by Nihlin »

Hello! After lurking for something like 6 months, I've fallen prey to this board's potent mixture of rage and math. Thus, I decided to make an account and... lurk with an account, most likely. A scant few of you might vaguely remember me from the WotC CO boards; I used to post under the name "nihility," which was my standard username until it was stolen by a Canadian death metal band.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Nihlin wrote:I've fallen prey to this board's potent mixture of rage and math.

:lmao:

Nihlin wrote:Hello!

:wave:
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
SphereOfFeetMan
Knight-Baron

Post by SphereOfFeetMan »

Hello! I am an avid lurker of D&D messageboards and this one finally tripped my trigger. I’ve lurked on WotC’s Min/Max and CO boards as well as Enworld since back when Mr. Ginsu went out on sorties against gangs of marauding Solars. But those messageboards had a ratio of fvcktards to intelligent posters too painful for my sensibilities. This board, however, seems to be populated by a more erudite crowd.

Hopefully I will be able to leave my lurker ways and become a contributing member. Anyways, greetings all!:wave:
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Hullo. Enjoy the insanity.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Good to have you, SphereOfFeetMan.

Game On,
fbmf
Fighter
NPC

Post by Fighter »

HI
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Hi!

I noticed that you have a we-don't-allow-linking image as your personal icon. I'm assuming that's not intentional, so if you need someone to host an image for you, I'll be more than happy to. Just drop me an eMail with the picture attached, and I'll put it up on my server.

My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Fighter
NPC

Post by Fighter »

O, I sent the pic to imagedump ask a .jpg and not .gif, so I had to remake it. But thank you very much for the offer and I will keep that in mind if I get the same error again.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

imagedump.com is blocked by my employer. They're filtering software says it's "sexually explicit."

now I have something to look forward to when I get home from work tonight...

Oh, and Welcome fighter! I assume you like swords? :D
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Fighter
NPC

Post by Fighter »

Zherog wrote:Oh, and Welcome fighter! I assume you like swords?

I do, and puppies.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Do you like ice cream with sprinkles, or do you have more than 2 levels of Fighter?
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.