New Frank & K Tome pdf

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

The .pdf isn't the last version (no Kantian paladin, for example), and d20.org seems not to exist anymore. Also, another Keith (the third at least) ...
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

bah, first real attempt at website creation.

version 5 has been updated to, link fixed...
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Once again, that's not the most recent version :-P this is:
http://turing.bard.edu/~mk561/frank_k_0.5.1.pdf

In the future, all pdfs will be named the same way as that one is: frank_k_versionnumbers.pdf

I also keep the very first post in this thread updated.
Last edited by Surgo on Thu May 15, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

um, yes it is, unless they have both been named:

frank_k_0.5.1.pdf
Last edited by SunTzuWarmaster on Thu May 15, 2008 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I could have sworn your download link was for 0.5 and not 0.5.1 a minute ago...I must be going crazy.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

no sweat, I went from v4 to v5.1 directly. I will continue to host if anyone cares.
AlphaNerd
Master

Post by AlphaNerd »

Spells need italicizing in the Drow section.

Gnoll's quote: "Lazy Hyena men filled with awesome? Where do I sign!?" is probably supposed to be a quote, and treated as such (surrounded by quotes and italicized).
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

The non-quotation on gnolls is correct as is.

Spells italicized now. Thanks!
AlphaNerd
Master

Post by AlphaNerd »

It's correct according to the source, but it just seems like a quote to me...
AlphaNerd
Master

Post by AlphaNerd »

Death Knight's table is borked. It's table is setup, but it's missing its '&'s.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Thanks. That's pretty important; I'll post an update as soon as I get my computer back up and running (it's about to go in a box).
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

Yay, community material was included!

Although Frank and K love Fiendish Spheres and stuff, what about "Fey spheres," "angelic spheres," or the equivalent? Sure, fiends are cool, but I'd like to play non-fiend monster classes, too!
Last edited by Jerry on Tue May 20, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

The last time I checked, the board didn't have any.
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

Surgo wrote:The last time I checked, the board didn't have any.
I meant the new PDF. It had Cielingcat's Warlock.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Yes. The board doesn't have any for me to include.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Jerry wrote:Yay, community material was included!

Although Frank and K love Fiendish Spheres and stuff, what about "Fey spheres," "angelic spheres," or the equivalent? Sure, fiends are cool, but I'd like to play non-fiend monster classes, too!
They don't exist yet.
Much to my dismay.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

I'm still correcting the formatting (rather, making it unified) and making sure Chapter Three is completely error-free.

I expect it will be a while - I'm pretty busy until the beginning of June, really, and even then I have no idea. My summer is shaping up to be hectic.
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

What about including some of Iameki's prestige classes? They were written to be compatible with the F&K stuff specifically.

There is some debate about Mystic Theurge and the like, but things like the Eldritch Knight and Dragon Disciple and whatnot seem to be prime candidates for inclusion in the Community Material section.

Also, have the Necromantic Materials been included yet?
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I know Surgo's busy - I'm not trying to push anything. But I checked for the missing Tome sections, and included other stuff I noticed in the process.
Dungeonomicon

"Charactonomicon/Why no Open Lock skills?" section missing.
"Castles and Manors" title should be larger.
"Spellbooks" should be in the Magic chapter (IMO).
Remove "Open Lock" from the skill lists.
The following subtitles are missing for no discernible reason: "Heroes in the Greek Sense", "Making Sense of the Gold Standard", "The G of Life Continues", "Diversity in Top Predators", "Things to Talk About"

---

Races of War

Shouldn't "Forward" be "Foreword"?
"Powerful Monsters As PCs, or 'Beholder Mages That Don’t Make Us Cry.'" was a title.
"Warriors with Class" section missing - important for the "some classes are short" explanation, though I actually don't see why the knight couldn't have 20 levels.
Preview Dragon and Sample Units missing.

---

Tome of Fiends

In "How Black is the Night", a colon's missing after "Necromancy".
The CoC sections for Barbarian/Knight/Monk are anachronic now (but maybe they could be left as examples if the reference to PHB classes is emphasized).
In Fiendish PrCs, the "Here are some classes ..." reads exceedingly strangely because obviously the classes aren't right there.
Broker of the Infernal uses "as shown below" because there was a table, that wasn't ported - and it's actually better to say "at least half their CR" and forget it.
Burning Pits of Rebirth section missing.
"Assuming the Face of Evil" subtitle missing.

---

Tome of Necromancy

The Introduction, as all others, should be trashed.
"Implications", after the Moral Options, should be larger.
Necromantic PrCs: "to use" should have no colon due to its position.
"necromatic" appears at multiple places in the file.
"The [Healing] subschool:" was bolded.
Locations of Necromantic Importance should be in the Adventures chapter (IMO).
Finality was repeated in the ToF, with a more complete text, so delete it from Locations of Necromantic Importance, because it's already elsewhere.
Necromantic Equipment missing (I do know it's not a trivial inclusion).

---

Book of Gears
The Modrons have an uniformly more complete writeup here.
The following subtitles are missing for no discernible reason: "Swag That You Brag About", "It Was Like This When We Found It", "Spending the Loot", "Bat Caves & Black Holes".

---

The "Preview" in Feytouched makes no sense anymore.
High Adventure in Ysgard and Blood Flows Like Sap from the previews in the ToF thread, missing (but they aren't trivial either).
The ToV preview here also is an entire readable section, and has been variously solicited, so I can only figure it might merit inclusion. The rogue, on the other hand, isn't feasible.

---

Marshal still has the BAB error.
The shadow warrior's spell is blacklight, not darklight (though the author of the mistake, incidentally, is myself :P).
Last edited by Bigode on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Thanks for all that. I'll update and upload a new version when I get home in two weeks.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

No, thank you. Meanwhile, enjoy your D&D and SSBB (and general geekitude, I'm sure) with K and Crissa, you lucky bastard.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Any tips on how to set up a PDF like this? I've got 355 pages of untested crap (and counting) that I want to put into PDF format (from Word), but I've not a clue how. (Actually, that's a lie. I've worked in InDesign, but it was a pain in the ass The thought of going through 300+ pages in that program makes me cry. Of course, maybe I'm doing it wrong.) The amateur typesetters link doesn't work, so that's out.
Last edited by Psychic Robot on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

You should be able just just 'export to PDF'. That won't create bookmarks or anything, but it would keep the document formatting.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

You could try "Open Office"
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

I don't know the last decade's versions of Word, but OpenOffice Writer will export to PDF.

[edit] Curses! ninja'd
Last edited by Fwib on Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.