Bad days mean you try for titles with shit-puns...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Bad days mean you try for titles with shit-puns...

Post by Cynic »

Day started with a migraine that continued from yesterday but I got up and tried to get a move on because it's the last day of the weekend and the rest of the family has stuff to do during the week even if I don't do anything during the week.

SOmewhere during the middle, the wife clogged up the downstairs toilet something fierce.

She tried unclogging it with a bad plunger and a toilet brush. THen she flushed it, twice.

She called me to help her at that moment. I told her that I'd see if the water would go down over time and then try unclogging it. After about a couple of hours the water didn't go down and a few bad jokes about my wife and a lot of cups of toilet water in the sink later, I started trying to unclog the sink with the same two above mentioned tools and later with my dad's help a large snake (the mechanical kind rather than the king cobra kind.) THe King Cobra did bring up some results as the water turned brown now. The plunger really was no help as it kept turning upside down on itself as it was so flimsy that a simple push would cause it to cry out in pain as though the water was causing it some sort of grievous ancestral harm.

My sister and her husband were going out grocery shopping so we sent them out to also get a flange plunger and also some liquid Drano/plumber. Here is where Dad & I made the biggest mistake of all. We left the Plunger and the toilet brush in the toilet bowl as we waited for the new tools.

In the meantime, we heard some sort of activity from sanitation pipe in the basement, but we assumed that somebody must have used a bathroom upstairs. When my sis came back an hour or so later, with the liquid clog remover but no plunger (it wasn't available at the grocery store), e decided to do with what we had. We found out that toilet had drained at least half-way but the toilet brush had been sucked into the bowl. Trying to take it out, the porcelain Goddess claimed the brushhead but I was able to reclaim the handle. An hour later with my gloved hands inside shit water trying to get a stuck brush head out of the inside of one of the U-bends of the toilet bowl, my dad decided to go get a new toilet.

I write this in the mean time as I think we can probably make do without a new toilet by just taking the old toilet out and just shaking the stuck brushhead out.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That sucks.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Time to get a rocket toilet.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

That's something I'm not looking forward to doing when I move into an actual apartment next year.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

when our toilet clogged shortly before I moved out (at something like 2am) I just called maintenance, and let the handy man fix it. course we had nothing in the way of tools to try and do so ourselves, but still, it's nice that in (some?) apartments you can make someone else deal with problems like this without having to shell out major bucks.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Always good to remind single men that women do crap (that's so important that it's a pretty well-known poem in Brazil); thanks. That aside, please say it's mechanical first next time - I imagined you shoving an animal down a clogged toilet first. And I'm not sure what exactly you expected to hear when you posted - hope that causes some :rofl: ...
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Hippies from our apartment complex actually stole our toilet plunger. I didn't understand why until I went to replace it - it actually works. I haven't found another like it.

Fortunately, we only needed it for unclogging the garbage disposal. We can adjust by not peeling our carrots into the sink.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

We have a strainer in our sink and throw out the garbage. The insinkerator is handy to have, but using it for more than incidental solids is just asking for trouble.

Also, try vinegar on the toilet next time. Just pour in a couple cups of the stuff into the tank or bowl, and it should help break up the fats and make things more fluid and fix itself in an hour or so. Though it sounds that the clog was further down.

That could be sign of a broken or shifted pipe, or intruding root. If it's just normal wear, though, adding a biologic pipe cleaner to your monthly routine should keep it clear.

-Crissa