Our Warglblasters Are Different

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

It's being pushed by Avorciopoctules, who is certifiably insane an wouldn't know and enjoyable table top RPG experience if it bit him in the ass. Which considering the nature of his personal table top RPG methodologies is highly likely to literally happen (barring the 'enjoyable experience bit' that's never gonna happen in his games) probably with some kind of actual toothy carnivore type animal that may or may not be actually venemous.

I remind you this is the guy who stops his table top game to make his players answer some of the worst riddles I have ever seen, play rounds of Warlords battle Cry 3, and yes even literally pummel him with his own hand crafted lumps of wood. As actual D&D resolution and play mechanics. Don't believe me? I know, it's hard to believe, but I'm pretty sure he admits it all with the glee of an unrepentant sociopath on Riddle Me Not

If he thinks he has a brilliant table top RPG rules set on his hands run and hide from it for the love of god run and hide.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Why didn't you link to "He knows about timed hits!"? Repressing the memories?

I admit my tastes can be eccentric, but I like the idea of tying XP and Action Points together. Discourages hording, for one thing. Since everyone has to level up together, it also encourages people to look for cool things in other player behavior as their own XP tracks fill up.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

It has Awesome Points. Awesome Points. How can you not play a game with something called Awesome Points? That's like the only reason I ever played Real Ultimate Ninja, other than the fact that I could win battles by Popping a Boner and then Committing Hara-Kiri.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Ektagliaresia
NPC

Post by Ektagliaresia »

FrankTrollman wrote:
Chamomile wrote:What is OSH?
Stands for "Old School Hack". It's an OD&D retroclone fantasy heartbreaker with a resolution about on the level of 2nd edition Warhammer Fantasy Battle (not WHFRP). I genuinely do not know what the point is.

-Username17
It's very loosely based on Moldvay Basic D&D. It isn't a retro-clone, in that it bears little resemblance to any edition of D&D. For comparison. The book even specifies that it's unsuited for classical dungeon exploration.

For that matter, it's a stretch to call it old school, and it's so far removed from it's source that it's barely a "hack".
Last edited by Ektagliaresia on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

It's not so bad as to be unplayable, as I'm discovering in my own game. As a matter of fact, the level of resolution is turning out to be ideal for the players I do have.

By the way, I want a local gaming group so bad. Being stuck in boonie Greenville...
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

...You Lost Me wrote:It has Awesome Points. Awesome Points. How can you not play a game with something called Awesome Points?
I plan to avoid playing it because it looks like a boring game where all the PCs and monsters are basically identical. The only advantage is that the rules are short, but if I wanted to play a game with ultra-short rules I'd probably stick with Microlite d20; at least there's some differentiation with the monsters and different classes.