Speaking of relationships...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Prince

Speaking of relationships...

Post by Orion »

I got engaged last Friday. Today is our 5th anniversary. Life is strange.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Congrats, best wishes
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

Congratulations and good luck.
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Tshern
Journeyman

Post by Tshern »

Goddamn, that's neat. All the best and as we say back here: Kaikkea hyvää ja paljon onnea!
Joe, who plans to own Newall's Plumbing Company, asked the presidential hopeful about his plan to increase taxes for some Americans. He felt that Obama's increase plan may redistribute wealth.

"Robin Hood stole from greedy rich people and redistributed it to the peasants, so to speak, so if he's [Obama] calling us peasants, I kind of resent that," -Joe the Plumber, a Republican.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Congrats.
Gelare
Knight-Baron

Post by Gelare »

Awesome, congratulations to you.
shau
Knight-Baron

Re: Speaking of relationships...

Post by shau »

Boolean wrote:I got engaged last Friday. Today is our 5th anniversary. Life is strange.
Am I the only who had to read this a few times before discarding the idea of time travel?

Oh yeah, congrats.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Yeah, I was rather asleep when I posted that, or I would have seen the problem.

The strangeness is that I'm the only 19 year old I know celebrating a fifth anniversary.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

My husband proposed to me when he was 18. I thought he was crazy.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Congrats, and good luck you're going to need it.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Maj wrote:My husband proposed to me when he was 18. I thought he was crazy.
How did that go?

Fortunately, no accusations of crazy were involved for me-- I had a more or less standing acceptance anyway...
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Boolean wrote:How did that go?
Well... We were engaged for four years, got married, and after about eight years, we finally had a baby. We're still married (we will celebrate our ninth anniversary this year). We still even like each other.

Getting married was more than inevitable for us: it seriously felt like Fate was forcing us together. But I thought he was crazy because I'm a couple of years older than he is and I thought for sure he needed to run wild at college and get all drunk and stuff before he decided to pick me.

I was dumb that way.

;)

Good luck to you.
Last edited by Maj on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
ckafrica
Duke

Post by ckafrica »

Maj: That means you fall into the realm of the lucky ones. I don't know anyone who stuck with their high school sweetheart through college and only one person who stayed with their freshman sweetheart.

Boolean: Good luck make sure you get a good long time of living together and taking care of each other under your belt first before tying the knot.

In my own relationship world: I have been deemed officially sane by the Vietnamese Mental health board and therefore fit to marry. I don't know how as you really half to be crazy to marry a Vietnamese girl but a few dollars tucked into your applications can get a lot done around here. Now I just have to pass the interview that assures them I'm not just marrying her to stuff her in a brothel in canada and we're legally married.
The internet gave a voice to the world thus gave definitive proof that the world is mostly full of idiots.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

ckafrica wrote:Maj: That means you fall into the realm of the lucky ones. I don't know anyone who stuck with their high school sweetheart through college and only one person who stayed with their freshman sweetheart.
While I wouldn't ever call him my high school sweetheart (I went off to engineering school before we even got engaged)... Our relationship was more than inevitable. Breaking up is as much an option as cutting off my own head.
ckafrica wrote:Good luck make sure you get a good long time of living together and taking care of each other under your belt first before tying the knot.
I don't think living together is a requirement (my husband and I didn't get to move in together until six months after we got married). But accepting your significant figure as is is vital. If there's something about your sigfig that you can't stand, you need to work it out or give it up.
ckafrica wrote:Now I just have to pass the interview that assures them I'm not just marrying her to stuff her in a brothel in canada and we're legally married.
Good luck!

:)
Last edited by Maj on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.