Anti-Gamergate and Jace Connors... What the fucking fuck?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Anti-Gamergate and Jace Connors... What the fucking fuck?

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

For the most part I've stopped caring about Gamergate and have just resigned myself to taking beatings on this topic in a Willie Horton / Al Gore Said He Invented The Internet sort of way. However.

Apparently, it's now a thing for anti-GG to be targeting Jace Connors? WTFF? And it's not just some weird blogosphere thing, this shit has been leaking into DailyKos and Buzzfeed. Jace Connors, for people unfamiliar with him, is basically the Islamophobic Mall Ninja version of Cosmo Kramer. He's a jackass and a stoner, but mostly harmless. He seriously thinks that he can take down GG with a street race. He's also legitimately mentally ill, so people should be leaving him alone in the first fucking place.

Yet to hear these people talk, Jace Connors is some kind of Commander MRA druglord who is planning hits on transgendered people? What the fuck? What the fuck is wrong with these people?
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

This whole flustercluck stopped being connected to reality months ago, it's really just a moral/tribal signaling game at this point. People are blogging about how outraged about Connors because they want to signal to other lefty internet dwellers how right thinking and part of the in-group they are.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Lord Mistborn wrote:This whole flustercluck started unconnected to reality
fix'd.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I am not familiar with Jace (The only really active lolcow I follow is Chris-Chan, but I also am a fan of Pixyteri and A-log as well), but everything regarding Connors is likewise very well documented by people with more free time than me:

https://kiwifar.ms/forums/deagle-nation.23/
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.