The Shadowrun Situation

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

Kaelik wrote:
Centurion13 wrote:It depends on the individual. Some people are more resistant to spiritual corruption than others
W
T
F
!
You know, inflated ego, arrogance, the whole temptation to do certain things because you're Someone Special. Things most of us would consider bad form at the very least, and supreme hubris at the worst. It's called spiritual corruption to differentiate it from corruption of the flesh, such as rotting, disease, etc.

Cent13
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

"Spiritual corruption" sounds very religious.
LaughingMan2070
NPC

Post by LaughingMan2070 »

Well don't say I didn't give you a chance, Frankie.

Once upon a time there was an evil King named Loren. He spent much of his time looking at himself in the mirror telling himself how good a King he was. He used the people’s gold to pay for his things while he had a new castle built by his Queen. He left his Kingdom in the hands of Duke David. Duke David was jealous of King Loren. He wanted the fancy Kingdom. His husband’s disabled brother brought in most of their gold. Duke David and King Loren hired many of their friends to run the kingdom.

Duke David couldn’t pay the people their gold on time because the King kept moving the taxes into and out of the treasury with his gold. But he didn’t tell the other nobles. Finally a young Knight with a magic ring discovered what the King was doing. She told the nobles who lived in the capitol but to no avail. The Kingdom did not have enough gold to pay the people and the taxes were not coming in fast enough. In fact the Empire might send their troops in and take the Kingdom away from the nobles. Duke David saw his chance. He could have the magic Kingdom!

In the winter he offered to pay the King $50,000 over a year for the Kingdom. The Kingdom brought in over a million a year so the King laughed at the Duke. The Duke sulked but knew he would get his revenge. He and the Knight left the Kingdom. They left another Knight to run the Kingdom for the King, knowing he would spy on it for them. Duke David knew that the people would be angry with the King if they found out, so he told a troll he knew. And the troll talked to all the people who passed over his bridge just as the Duke knew he would.

The Duke took all of the tax documents in his carriage leaving the King to call upon another Duke, Duke Randall. Duke Randall stumbled around trying to figure out how to run a Kingdom. This poor Duke was over his head especially when Duke David’s other knight left saying another King would pay him better. Duke David called his Knights to him, to form a new Kingdom named Sandstorm with his loyal Knights Jennifer Harding and Stephen McQuillian. He knew if the Empire took away the Kingdom from King Loren he could become King David!

Duke David kept feeding his pet troll just enough information to keep the people who passed over the bridge angry at the King. But it wasn’t enough. The Empire wasn’t angry yet. The troll even went out of its way to get under the Emperor’s bridges and tell the Emperor’s men about King Loren. But it still wasn’t working. But Duke David had more plans.
He found two neighboring Kingdoms, Wildfire and Posthuman Studios to work with him. The King of Posthuman was nervous for he did not trust Duke David, but he trusted the King even less. Duke David enlisted his new allies to help him. He had never paid his friend, J. P. Sugarboard nor given him a contract so he used his deed to attack the King. His friend, his new ally, Wildfire, and his father all sued the King for bankruptcy. The ally had been paid and his father was being paid but if he could convince all the others to join in the King would be defeated! But the people were patient, they knew if they slayed the King they wouldn’t receive the money they were owed. But the Duke and his vassals didn’t care about them. The Duke had wanted to abandon them early in the year so he could have his own Kingdom.

Now the Duke bides his time hoping the Emperor will take the Kingdom away from the King and give it to him. Then he can have his friends work for him and do the things that the troll wants done. But they don’t dare tell the people of their plans hiding in secret, while the troll pretends to hunt for justice instead of just spinning the tale of the King’s misdeeds.
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Would have been better to simply name names - including your own name.
Last edited by Fuchs on Fri May 28, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Man In Black
Duke

Post by A Man In Black »

Didn't Frank post this about 20 pages ago? Some people come public to advance their personal cause, but that hurts the cause of everyone else who wants to be paid.

He "came clean" about this (albeit without the veiled references to names) in the previous thread.
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

David Stansel's alleged deeds is new information I think.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Fuchs wrote:David Stansel's alleged deeds is new information I think.
In addition to being completely implausible, accusations of this sort against David Stansel-Garner are nothing new in this. People have been accusing David or Jen or Adam or Stephen of being moles trying to destroy IMR because of personal vendettas or some damn thing the entire time. People have accused me of inventing this situation time and time again.

The accusation of David having hired Sugarboard under false pretenses to start a lawsuit is particularly hilarious. Since contrary to Laughingman's tirade, Sugarboard does have documentation. IMR claims to have lost the paperwork concerning him, but they must have done so after David left, because there are eyewitness reports of it existing subsequent to his departure.

Which means that "laughingman" is exactly what he appears to be: a cowardly sock puppet here to spread vicious lies for the explicit and whole purpose of casting aspersions on people who are trying to get what is legally owed them for work they have already performed. He is in short: a very bad person who has no honor or integrity.

-Username17
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

I meant accusing David Stansel of actively sabotaging IMR by neglecting or removing documentation while in its employ is new. So far I only recall claims that there are leaks and informants, not actvie saboteurs.

Whether it's plausible or not is another question.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Fuchs wrote:I meant accusing David Stansel of actively sabotaging IMR by neglecting or removing documentation while in its employ is new. So far I only recall claims that there are leaks and informants, not actvie saboteurs.

Whether it's plausible or not is another question.
Oh, that's not news ether. That is seriously part of IMR's legal defense against the bankruptcy proceedings. The idea that David hired Sugarboard and then took all the paperwork with him when he left.

The thing is: there are eyewitness accounts claiming the paperwork continued to exist after David left. And it isn't even relevant, because Loren and Randall saw, approved, and used the work whether David personally hired the guy or not. And Sugarboard still has his copies of the agreement.

So IMR asking Sugarboard to sign new contracts is laughable, especially if those contracts have any differences from the ones he already signed before doing the work. And claiming it as a conspiracy by David is... puzzling.

-Username17
Clutch9800
Master

Post by Clutch9800 »

Which means that "laughingman" is exactly what he appears to be: a cowardly sock puppet here to spread vicious lies for the explicit and whole purpose of casting aspersions on people who are trying to get what is legally owed them for work they have already performed. He is in short: a very bad person who has no honor or integrity.
Don't speak of honor or integrity in this mess. It has neither.

If that sodamite is your mole, welcome to him.

Fuck you Frank. Fuck you and the fucking horse you rode in on.

And you you Helvetic-ee-eye-ee-eye-oh motherfucker. Fuck you too.

Clutch

P.S. I just went off, didn't I?
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

"Sodamite"? Like Bat-Mite, but with Soda?

Or did you just try to insult someone because of his sexual orientation?
Last edited by Fuchs on Fri May 28, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Also, Shadowrun bringing in a million a year is completely laughable. If you're going to make shit up, at least make it up so it's believable.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Fuchs wrote:"Sodamite"? Like Bat-Mite, but with Soda?

Or did you just try to insult someone because of his sexual orientation?
'Sodamite' doesn't even show up on urbandictionary, so yes, I assume Clutch is too incompetent to get homophobia right.

Which is really something.
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

The sheer level of derision and scorn that this board musters up against people who show up and are assholes is amazing. It's like watching the Power Rangers team up to fire their combo laser beam.
Clutch9800
Master

Post by Clutch9800 »

Wow,

You guys rock me to the core.

You don't attack the messenger. You don't attack the message.

You attack the spelling.

Luv ya.

Clutch

Oh, and while we're on the subject. Say it with me "Sod-oh-Mite". Say it quick.
Last edited by Clutch9800 on Fri May 28, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Clutch9800 wrote:You don't attack the messenger. You don't attack the message. You attack the spelling.
I can't speak for other people, but I was attacking the messenger. For being a homophobe. Who also couldn't spell his homophobic slurs. I can understand that not being clear... to a homophobic submoron.

I'd have attacked your message too, if it were coherent enough to be attacked. As is, it would be like making fun of a clown.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Fri May 28, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Clutch9800 wrote: Oh, and while we're on the subject. Say it with me "Sod-oh-Mite". Say it quick.
Is there some pun I'm missing or something? Because, if not, this doesn't explain a thing.
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

I'd like to make sure I understood you correctly before I file you in the "homophobe bin" (which, incidentally, bears a striking ressemblance to the trash can). Most homophobes usually know their insults by heart, having used them so often, and rarely make basic mistakes.
Last edited by Fuchs on Fri May 28, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

RiotGearEpsilon wrote:The sheer level of derision and scorn that this board musters up against people who show up and are assholes is amazing. It's like watching the Power Rangers team up to fire their combo laser beam.
It's mostly because we are good at being assholes, so their sucktastic attempts give us a bad name.

Also:

Clutch the retard:

HAHAHAHAHA! You just failed at failing, which is great. Long story short, because we aren't all bigoted Mormons or [insert your religion here if you are not directly best friends with Team MormonRun], we don't consider gay being a bad thing, so when you try (and fail!) to call someone gay as an insult, it just makes you look worse.
Centurion13 wrote:You know, inflated ego, arrogance, the whole temptation to do certain things because you're Someone Special. Things most of us would consider bad form at the very least, and supreme hubris at the worst. It's called spiritual corruption to differentiate it from corruption of the flesh, such as rotting, disease, etc.
Um... 1) Corruption of the spirit is impossible, because their is no spirit. Stop living in the 12th century and using words like "flesh" to denote the body.

2) What kind of things do people do because they think they are special? I know that I'm "special" in the sense that I'm smarter than most people, but even if I had an IQ of 12, I'd still do the things that I want, because those are the things that I want to do.

3) Arrogance is relative to merit, and if I were you, I wouldn't go speaking on behalf of "most of us" especially not on this board, but also, not in general.
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri May 28, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Clutch9800
Master

Post by Clutch9800 »

I can't speak for other people,
Stop right there and your life will be much better..
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Surgo wrote:Also, Shadowrun bringing in a million a year is completely laughable. If you're going to make shit up, at least make it up so it's believable.
That part is sort of almost true in a way. IMR in total has either $1.8 million or $1.1 million in yearly sales depending on whether you believe Loren Coleman to his company or Loren Coleman to the bankruptcy court. But that's gross, not net. It's really not an apples to apples comparison. You're talking about a company with huge expenses that deals in licensed products that they owe royalties on with more than a dozen owners. One man's share of that isn't a million dollars or anything particularly close.

The rumor of David Stansel-Garner trying to get Loren to get the fuck out of the company for a $50,000 golden parachute is just that - a rumor. I have heard it from a couple of people as an unconfirmed rumor, but I haven't seen any credible evidence that it had happened. Nor does it make any difference if it did, considering that if anyone made that offer it wasn't accepted.

As for the idea of IMR losing contracts because they are incompetent, that's pretty much decided. They finally sent out those Audit packets they were supposed to send out a few weeks ago. And they sent mine to the wrong address - they sent it to my mother's house in the US where I will be staying a month from now instead of my address here in Prague where I actually am. But asking around, people got pretty much the same thing:

The audit isn't based on contracts at all. They don't have the contracts. They just have the list of checks they sent out and the note on each check. That's literally their entire records. They probably got even that much from the bank. So people who signed contracts and didn't get paid? Those aren't in their internal audit! Oops!

-Username17
Clutch9800
Master

Post by Clutch9800 »

Okay,
Clutch the retard
Calling me a retard, is insulting to retards. Seriously, you want to call me out because I used a slur that entails feverish cock gobbling. Yet you have no problem comparing me to people with birth defects?

Clutch
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Clutch9800 wrote:Calling me a retard, is insulting to retards. Seriously, you want to call me out because I used a slur that entails feverish cock gobbling. Yet you have no problem comparing me to people with birth defects?
In some sense, I'm sure lots of people would be offended by comparison to you, but since you do in fact have a birth defect, called "stupidity" it's actually not that big a difference.

Retard is an accurate description of you. It actually wouldn't be an accurate description of most people with learning disabilities, though it would be of some.

Yes, when you are stupid, we call you stupid, that's what happens.
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Aaaand Clutch proves he is incapable of adding anything meaningful to a discussion.
Clutch9800
Master

Post by Clutch9800 »

In some sense, I'm sure lots of people would be offended by comparison to you
Amigo, you have no idea.

That said. You have two-thousand-one-hundred-and18! Posts on this board.

Start with the man in the mirror.

Love,

Clutch