General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Clutch9800 wrote:
In some sense, I'm sure lots of people would be offended by comparison to you
Amigo, you have no idea.

That said. You have two-thousand-one-hundred-and18! Posts on this board.

Start with the man in the mirror.h
1) ... You are becoming less and less coherent. First Sodamite, second it's offensive to retards to compare you to them, third, wtf does this even mean? Are you implying that only a retard could post multiple times?

2) I have two thousand four hundred and eighteen posts. I'm not sure if it's funnier that you can't tell the difference between a one and a four, or that you typed out "18" because eighteen is too complex for you.

3) Yes, you are dumb. We get it, you have self trolled enough. You took a random troll too cowardly to use real names at face value, and blew up because you really hate some guy who may or may not be gay, and insulted him for being gay.

Then you defended yourself on the principle "I'm so dumb that people with learning disabilities pity me."

My question is this: At one point in all this did you have a goal to accomplish, and what was it?
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri May 28, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

Clutch9800 wrote:
Which means that "laughingman" is exactly what he appears to be: a cowardly sock puppet here to spread vicious lies for the explicit and whole purpose of casting aspersions on people who are trying to get what is legally owed them for work they have already performed. He is in short: a very bad person who has no honor or integrity.
Don't speak of honor or integrity in this mess. It has neither.

If that sodamite is your mole, welcome to him.

Fuck you Frank. Fuck you and the fucking horse you rode in on.

And you you Helvetic-ee-eye-ee-eye-oh motherfucker. Fuck you too.

Clutch

P.S. I just went off, didn't I?
Gosh, I's surprised.

It's 'sodomite'. As in, Sodom and Gomorrah.

And this, in the age of the spellchecker.

But you managed 'fuck', and hell, that's half the battle.

I wonder if you are so picky when it comes time to purchase the product? Do you make sure your BT or SR products have that all-important 'homo-free' stamp on them?

Ugh.

Frank, when they stop discussing the topic and start attacking the speaker, you know something is up.

Cent13
Last edited by Centurion13 on Fri May 28, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
martian_bob
1st Level

Post by martian_bob »

LaughingMan2070 wrote:]His friend, his new ally, Wildfire, and his father all sued the King for bankruptcy. The ally had been paid and his father was being paid but if he could convince all the others to join in the King would be defeated!
Wildfire had been paid? In full? As in, as much money as they were owed? I'll wait until the bankruptcy proceedings are over before I believe that, thanks. If IMR has the evidence to prove that full recompense was made, I'll buy a hat and eat it.
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

Fuchs wrote:"Spiritual corruption" sounds very religious.
Yeah, and so it's tainted by association, right?

Nah, it's just a phrase you don't hear so much anymore since militant atheism, moral relativism and suchlike became fashionable. That these are natural reactions to jihad is beside the point. I use the phrase to actually describes something we all can understand.

And recognize. Of course, it will raise hackles with someone who dislikes the concept of 'spirit' - we are all a product of our cerebral biochemistry, right? But it is useful in this instance.

'Wicked' is another word a lot of folks associate with religion. But again, it's just an older word trotted out. Its main problem is that it associates evil directly with the person and does not just describe their actions.

That it might be accurate in doing so, is anathema.

But I digress. Who were we bashing with four-letter words?

Cent13
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

martian_bob wrote:Wildfire had been paid? In full? As in, as much money as they were owed? I'll wait until the bankruptcy proceedings are over before I believe that, thanks. If IMR has the evidence to prove that full recompense was made, I'll buy a hat and eat it.
Heh. You can join me on my lawn. I will smoke my cigar, drink my coffee and apologize to the passing fanboys for doubting their liege, while you sit at a little card table next to me eating a hat with ranch dressing.

Cent13
Clutch9800
Master

Post by Clutch9800 »

Centuran you fucking fucker.

I like the cut of your jib.

Isn't this entire thread about moral relativism?

Who said Mr. Coleman couldn't take as much as his bank-card let him?

The Bankers didn't. The police don't.

Is it relative?

Clutch
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Centurion13 wrote:
Fuchs wrote:"Spiritual corruption" sounds very religious.
Yeah, and so it's tainted by association, right?

Nah, it's just a phrase you don't hear so much anymore since militant atheism, moral relativism and suchlike became fashionable. That these are natural reactions to jihad is beside the point. I use the phrase to actually describes something we all can understand.

And recognize. Of course, it will raise hackles with someone who dislikes the concept of 'spirit' - we are all a product of our cerebral biochemistry, right? But it is useful in this instance.

'Wicked' is another word a lot of folks associate with religion. But again, it's just an older word trotted out. Its main problem is that it associates evil directly with the person and does not just describe their actions.

That it might be accurate in doing so, is anathema.

But I digress. Who were we bashing with four-letter words?

Cent13
I wish militant atheism was fashionable. Unfortunately the blind, militant adherants of the bible or the koran seem to be growing stronger, not weaker, in most parts of the world.
martian_bob
1st Level

Post by martian_bob »

Centurion13 wrote:
martian_bob wrote:Wildfire had been paid? In full? As in, as much money as they were owed? I'll wait until the bankruptcy proceedings are over before I believe that, thanks. If IMR has the evidence to prove that full recompense was made, I'll buy a hat and eat it.
Heh. You can join me on my lawn. I will smoke my cigar, drink my coffee and apologize to the passing fanboys for doubting their liege, while you sit at a little card table next to me eating a hat with ranch dressing.

Cent13
I'm thinking a nice tweed flatcap. Easier on the digestion.
knasser
1st Level

Post by knasser »

Clutch9800 wrote: Calling me a retard, is insulting to retards.
I am registering on this forum just to laugh at this. Because I don't think (s)he understands what (s)he's just said.

I'm sorry my first ever contribution here is so trivial, but this is just too funny not to respond to. :D
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

Kaelik wrote:
Centurion13 wrote:]You know, inflated ego, arrogance, the whole temptation to do certain things because you're Someone Special. Things most of us would consider bad form at the very least, and supreme hubris at the worst. It's called spiritual corruption to differentiate it from corruption of the flesh, such as rotting, disease, etc.
Um... 1) Corruption of the spirit is impossible, because their is no spirit. Stop living in the 12th century and using words like "flesh" to denote the body.
Huh. Well, the distinction is there, but substitute the word 'ego' if you feel more comfortable with it. It means much the same thing in the example I gave. And the word enjoyed common use right up to the early twentieth century, if I'm not mistaken.

And 'living in the 12th century' is bad only if you can be quite sure it's the correct century you are describing, and that the current century is a solid advancement. Regarding matters of the spirit (excuse me, ego), I don't think so. There are those who agree with me. Some of them actually post on this forum.
Kaelik wrote:2) What kind of things do people do because they think they are special? I know that I'm "special" in the sense that I'm smarter than most people, but even if I had an IQ of 12, I'd still do the things that I want, because those are the things that I want to do.

3) Arrogance is relative to merit, and if I were you, I wouldn't go speaking on behalf of "most of us" especially not on this board, but also, not in general.
Kaelik, I am not going to explain the positive aspect of humility to a person who thinks of arrogance as a privilege. I simply can't - you don't have the proper frame of mind. So let's you do this - click the ignore button over there above this post and we can both take a break.

Cent13
Last edited by Centurion13 on Fri May 28, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch9800
Master

Post by Clutch9800 »

Kaelik, I am not going to explain the positive aspect of humility to a person who thinks of arrogance as a privilege. I simply can't - you don't have the proper frame of mind. So let's you do this - click the ignore button over there above this post and we can both take a break.
I'm just going to say well done.
knasser
1st Level

Post by knasser »

Fuchs wrote: I wish militant atheism was fashionable. Unfortunately the blind, militant adherants of the bible or the koran seem to be growing stronger, not weaker, in most parts of the world.
Now, now. Many of us adherents are really very nice. :) And I've had quite enough of militant atheists making unprovoked attacks on me for my religious beliefs whilst I've never done the reverse. Perhaps non-militancy, tolerance and acceptance are what we should aspire to for people of any spiritual persuasion and leave it at that. :)

Peace,

K.
Last edited by knasser on Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

Fuchs wrote:Unfortunately the blind, militant adherants of the bible or the koran seem to be growing stronger, not weaker, in most parts of the world.
They are out there, to be sure, and they don't care who they blow up on the way to Heaven.

That having a mindset which has become inclined towards killing innocent people makes that person unlikely to enjoy Heaven when they get there? Well, it seems they never quite make it that far in their seminary training.

What a mess.

I hope whatever happens with CGL and IMR, happens quickly, so we can pick up the pieces and move on.

Cent13
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

martian_bob wrote:
Centurion13 wrote:

Cent13
I'm thinking a nice tweed flatcap. Easier on the digestion.
Me, I hope the weather is agreeable. Maybe I can get some of those fanboys to help me with the yardwork after viewing hours are over.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I would like it if people stopped making more than one response to people who are explicitly attempting to reduce the signal to noise ratio of the thread by spamming.

After you tell off a spammer, you don't need to say anything more until they make a new argument.

-Username17
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

FrankTrollman wrote:I would like it if people stopped making more than one response to people who are explicitly attempting to reduce the signal to noise ratio of the thread by spamming.

After you tell off a spammer, you don't need to say anything more until they make a new argument.

-Username17
Point taken.

Cent13
magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Fuchs wrote:"Sodamite"? Like Bat-Mite, but with Soda?

Or did you just try to insult someone because of his sexual orientation?
'Sodamite' doesn't even show up on urbandictionary, so yes, I assume Clutch is too incompetent to get homophobia right.

Which is really something.
Maybe he meant "Dolemite"? :biggrin:
Centurion13
Journeyman

Post by Centurion13 »

magnuskn wrote:
Fuchs wrote:"Sodamite"? Like Bat-Mite, but with Soda?

Or did you just try to insult someone because of his sexual orientation?
'Sodamite' doesn't even show up on urbandictionary, so yes, I assume Clutch is too incompetent to get homophobia right.

I assume you are referring to the tough black mineral that doesn't cop out when the heat's all about?

Cent13
Panzerfaust 150
NPC

Apologies for the long post.

Post by Panzerfaust 150 »

Good god Clutch?

WTF, Over? What does David's choice in whom or what he chooses to do in his personal life (and for the record, I'm a libertarian with conservative leanings, aka, keep the government away from me!) have to do with the proverbial price of tea in china? Really? Seriously? WTF? As for any vendetta, well, if it's true, that might have a contributing reason, but you just can't launch a lawsuit without a damn good reason, you wouldn't get out of the lawyer's office, let alone into court. Now, those reasons don't always make sense to you or me, but under letter of law...(or at least that's how a lawyer explained it to me once).

So, here we are? Who am I believing? Right now, I'm "trusting but verifying". So far, I've been able to verify Frank's statements, at least the ones I can find open source info, CGL/IMR? Not so much. Am I saying they are lying? No. Are they mistaken? Probably. My gut tells me the mood over there is one of panic. Nobody's really in charge and the whole thing's on autopilot. Remember folks, their release schedule, at least on the CBT schedule, has been in a bit of disarray AFAICT. A lot looks as if it will be vaporware. I was surprised Klondike got to the shelves. But TRO 3085? The Hexpacks? Two years ago, we'd be seeing concept art, samples..now? A battleblog or two, and not much else. If corporate policy's changed? Fine. Ok, but why do that in an internet age when product samples and sneak peeks sell? Do the math. And don't bring up the words "25th Anniversary Box Set" on the CBT boards. The reaction will be telling.

Look, me? My dog in this fight is simple. A game I liked a lot (Twilight 2000 and Traveller are games I love, as are historical miniatures), was being shorted by guys who I didn't feel were writing with the best intentions at heart, or maybe they were, but the directions they were going in were ones I deeply disagreed with. I know there are others who feel as I do. So, I walked away from playtesting and my time as a Commando, and moved on to other things (I also had just gotten married, RL takes priority guys!). Me? Battletech to me will always be from 3025 to 3056 (I can sorta buy some things after that, but others? Geez), after that? Things got weird, and my suspension of disbelief got harder. Till? Till the Jihad, and then it snapped like a bad fan belt on a lonely country road at 2AM.

Do I still like the game? Yes. Do I like the people running it? Not so much.

If we want to talk about honor, integrity and doing the right thing? That's simple. The parties responsible should say "I did it", take their lumps, be it walking away and making restitution, or just plain selling the company to responsible stewards. And that's what bothers me the most. I play these games to get away from reading about the latest Citibank or Enron..and what do I see now? That it can happen here too. Yeah, I know, real naive Panzer, but hey? I took some oaths once. I try to live by them. Don't always manage, but supposedly, we're only human. And that's the rub, isn't it?
Last edited by Panzerfaust 150 on Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taharqa
Journeyman

Post by Taharqa »

LaughingMan2070 wrote:David called his Knights to him, to form a new Kingdom named Sandstorm with his loyal Knights Jennifer Harding and Stephen McQuillian. He knew if the Empire took away the Kingdom from King Loren he could become King David!
I am just going to skip over the useless vitrol and point to this juicy nugget in LaughingMan's post, in fact the only real piece of verifiable information in the entire post, and one that was strangely not mentioned in Frank's response.

Here is a link to Sandstorm Productions, LLC. Notice the names here: Jennifer Harding, David Stansel-Garner, and Steve McQuillian. So, it appears that several of the refugees from CGL have formed their own company. LaughingMan's post indicated that this new company was one of the company's bidding for the licenses. Not substantiated to be sure, but I would put good money on it, considering the people involved. It certainly dovetails with suspicions that I have had for a long time now, namely that the people calling for Truth and Justice in this mess are actually using that as a cover to pursue their own self-interests. At the very least, it makes one very suspicious of Jennifer Harding's oft-cited claims of malfeasance, beyond the usual "axe-grinding" argument. It also suggests that Stanel-Garner taking all of CGL's financial info with him on his computer was motivated by more than just spite. But, the big picture here is that hopefully we can now move beyond the silly good v. evil framing of this mess and see it for what it most likely is: the machinations of two warring factions, with a lot of bad blood thrown in for good measure.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

The site looks like its new. Almost empty. All I see is, they got an new job?
Good for them...
Asbestos Underwear
1st Level

Post by Asbestos Underwear »

FrankTrollman wrote:
Fuchs wrote:David Stansel's alleged deeds is new information I think.
In addition to being completely implausible, accusations of this sort against David Stansel-Garner are nothing new in this. People have been accusing David or Jen or Adam or Stephen of being moles trying to destroy IMR because of personal vendettas or some damn thing the entire time. People have accused me of inventing this situation time and time again.

The accusation of David having hired Sugarboard under false pretenses to start a lawsuit is particularly hilarious. Since contrary to Laughingman's tirade, Sugarboard does have documentation. IMR claims to have lost the paperwork concerning him, but they must have done so after David left, because there are eyewitness reports of it existing subsequent to his departure.

Which means that "laughingman" is exactly what he appears to be: a cowardly sock puppet here to spread vicious lies for the explicit and whole purpose of casting aspersions on people who are trying to get what is legally owed them for work they have already performed. He is in short: a very bad person who has no honor or integrity.

-Username17
LaughingMan may be a cowardly sock puppet (me too!), but you've not addressed the core issues raised in his long-winded, not-so-clever-as-he-obviously-thought post.

The implication that Sugarboard was hired to generate a downstream lawsuit is indeed laughable. But the suggestion that David Stansel-Garner coordinated the bankruptcy petition isn't ludicrous on its face. If you know how Wildfire LLC came into contact with a small contractor and Stansel-Garnder's father, perhaps you should enlighten us?

The petitioners haven't had to lay out many facts as of yet, but IMR's filings contend that Sugarboard had no paperwork and refused payment of the full amount he claimed to be due. If you know more about this, can you elaborate? If he had the contracts, why didn't he provide them to IMR? I know Jen Harding claims to have seen the hardcopy invoices in IMR's files before she quit, but she didn't say anything about the underlying contract. Nor would I put much stock in her statements anyway, since she's working for Stansel-Garner now.

You've also not addressed the unsubtle suggestion that Stansel-Garner has been your primary source of insider information for the last few months. That's probably worth a line or two, don't you think?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

That's a great conspiracy theory, but it has a huge number of holes. Most notably is the fact that these people did not leave Catalyst all at once or even all over the same thing. But most importantly, because none of those people did anything to Loren's Financial Records, because he never let anyone see them. And of course, there's the minor fact that none of those people created the financial shenanigans in the first place.

Here's a better explanation, and the one I personally believe: David Stansel-Garner is known to like the work of several of the people he worked with back when he was at Catalyst. And now that he is part of a new company, he offered those of them as were recently unemployed a job.

Because here's the deal: no matter who gets the license after IMR loses it, the new company is extremely likely to hire Ancient History to write some stuff. Why? Because he's a shadowrun writer who is well regarded and wants to write. That doesn't mean he's part of a conspiracy or even that there was a conspiracy stretching back to when Ancient History got kicked off the Freelancer lists for disloyalty. It just means that a new company won't have baggage with Robert Derie and will want to hire a known quantity who can produce results.

Stephen McQuillan was not a hellraiser at the beginning, and stayed around for quite a while to do his job after people stopped getting paid. His departure from IMR is fairly recent, and him getting a job from people who used to work with him once he became unemployed is not weird.

Yes, David Stansel-Garner is continuing to invest in production of gaming materials now that he has withdrawn his investment from IMR. Hell, even while he is trying to get the investment out of IMR, which I will remind you is currently in court. But that's not a conspiracy. That's what David Stansel-Garner was doing before he teamed up with IMR, why would he stop just because Loren Coleman screwed him badly?

-Username17
magnuskn
Knight

Post by magnuskn »

Centurion13 wrote:
magnuskn wrote:

I assume you are referring to the tough black mineral that doesn't cop out when the heat's all about?

Cent13
That's pretty much it. :rofl:
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

Taharqa wrote:
LaughingMan2070 wrote:David called his Knights to him, to form a new Kingdom named Sandstorm with his loyal Knights Jennifer Harding and Stephen McQuillian. He knew if the Empire took away the Kingdom from King Loren he could become King David!
I am just going to skip over the useless vitrol and point to this juicy nugget in LaughingMan's post, in fact the only real piece of verifiable information in the entire post, and one that was strangely not mentioned in Frank's response.

Here is a link to Sandstorm Productions, LLC. Notice the names here: Jennifer Harding, David Stansel-Garner, and Steve McQuillian. So, it appears that several of the refugees from CGL have formed their own company. LaughingMan's post indicated that this new company was one of the company's bidding for the licenses. Not substantiated to be sure, but I would put good money on it, considering the people involved. It certainly dovetails with suspicions that I have had for a long time now, namely that the people calling for Truth and Justice in this mess are actually using that as a cover to pursue their own self-interests. At the very least, it makes one very suspicious of Jennifer Harding's oft-cited claims of malfeasance, beyond the usual "axe-grinding" argument. It also suggests that Stanel-Garner taking all of CGL's financial info with him on his computer was motivated by more than just spite. But, the big picture here is that hopefully we can now move beyond the silly good v. evil framing of this mess and see it for what it most likely is: the machinations of two warring factions, with a lot of bad blood thrown in for good measure.
One side hasn't co-mingled money, hasn't a history of not paying freelancers, hasn't actually given any cause to distrust them.

The other side on the other hand has all that.

You can speculate about their motives, but the facts don't look well for IRM.