Stay Classy Paizo.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Kaelik->

Again. Whatever. As I said, declare victory or whatever you want. I didn't even bother to read what you wrote. Continue living in your fantasy world where 90% of people are retards.
maddd0g
1st Level

Post by maddd0g »

Can't you guidos just have buttlove and make up already?

Christ.

;]
malak
Master

Post by malak »

Zinegata wrote:Continue living in your fantasy world where 90% of people are retards.
Irrespective of what you two were discussing, 90% seems a plausible guess for the rate of idiots in the human population. Sturgeon's Revelation and all.
malak
Master

Post by malak »

maddd0g wrote:Can't you guidos just have buttlove and make up already?
I guess they like angry sex.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Koumei wrote: Also, how did Zine even get here in the first place and what provoked him into posting?
Well, he originally comes from my D&D group. What possessed him to start trolling all the time, I have no idea. Honestly, I've had him on Ignore since shortly after he started posting.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

The only reason I know what he says is because people keep quoting him. Although, it seems that every time I step away from a thread, and it gains 2-3 pages in 12 hours, he almost always makes up about a third of those posts. The one exception might be the Shadowrun thread.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Meikle641 wrote:
Koumei wrote: Also, how did Zine even get here in the first place and what provoked him into posting?
Well, he originally comes from my D&D group. What possessed him to start trolling all the time, I have no idea. Honestly, I've had him on Ignore since shortly after he started posting.
I didn't notice him being too annoying until very recently and promptly put him on Ignore. I can usually ignore people by just skimming/skipping their post, but once their rage meter goes over the top I find it more soothing to have the forum automatically ignore them for me.
K
King

Post by K »

Meikle641 wrote:
I keep him and Kaelik on Ignore. I'm hoping they start trolling each other and leave Denners alone.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

K wrote:I keep him and Kaelik on Ignore. I'm hoping they start trolling each other and leave Denners alone.
See pages 3 to 5 of this thread. Although, Zine's posting at a rate of about 10:1 to Kaelik. Even on Ignore, he takes up more of the vertical screen-space than any other user.
K
King

Post by K »

So an update on the actual thread topic:

Looks like my post on that thread came back. Wierd, eh?

Have Paizo mods/designers infiltrated the Den?
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

So I just got dogpiled for having the gall to be saddened by the numerous errors in the APG. People were saying 'you get free updated PDF forevers' like that fixes my first printing copy. Jacobs even wrote a wall of text explaining why later printings are better edited, like I wasn't aware. :/
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

K wrote:So an update on the actual thread topic:

It could just be garden-variety flakiness; they've been working on the message boards lately, trying to fix things.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

TOZ wrote:So I just got dogpiled for having the gall to be saddened by the numerous errors in the APG. People were saying 'you get free updated PDF forevers' like that fixes my first printing copy. Jacobs even wrote a wall of text explaining why later printings are better edited, like I wasn't aware. :/
Thank god no one linked to Sean K. Reynolds whiny "catching errors is hard" essay.

"I have a 99% success rate for getting my shit in the toilet bowl, but people keep bitching and whining about the 1% of the time when I end up smearing it on the bathroom walls! NOT FAIR!"
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

Koumei wrote:Also, how did Zine even get here in the first place and what provoked him into posting? All I remember is that ages ago, possibly on the first encounter, I put him on /ignore, and things worked out pretty well ever since. Was it a political thread though, or a D&D one, or the Shadowrun one? I can't remember.
I believe one of his stoner Canadian gamer friends brought him here. He started off posting his special brand of name-calling vitriol in the non-gaming political threads and was placed on ignore by a few people not long after that.
RobbyPants wrote:
Ganbare Gincun wrote:But seriously, I hope you like attention whoring, daddy issues, and being cheated on. Because you're almost certainly bellying up to an all-you-can-eat buffet filled with that shit.
Sure, it's anecdotal as hell, but this describes the only female gamer I personally know perfectly.

Lucky for me I never got involved with her. My best friend did and he became just as bad a head-case.
Based on my personal experience with "hot nerd girls", ~99% of them are damaged goods. Best to ride them like a rollercoaster until you get sick of them and move on. But don't get caught up in their head games, and don't sacrifice your dignity just to score a piece of ass. Chances are good that the girl of your dreams is really the village bicycle.

At the end of the day, your odds of finding a "hot nerd girl" that's actually worth a shit are about as good as your odds of winning the lottery or becoming an EVA pilot. It's better to focus your attention on nerd girls that may be "less hot" but are "more sane" - someone that you can actually develop a healthy relationship with.
K wrote:So an update on the actual thread topic:

If they have, I hope they'd be doing something more constructive with the information they're finding here then using to figure out which contentious threads on their forum they should cause to re-materialize. Maybe they should play a Tome Game, hmm? :lol:
Last edited by Ganbare Gincun on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

TOZ wrote:I'd just like to point out again, I said 'I am sad that as a subscriber I get more errors in my hardcover than someone who buys X months down the line'.

In response I've been told 'but you get a free PDF', 'they have infinite PDF updates', 'it's expected', 'you'll never get an error-free book', 'here is why first printings have errors', and best of all 'did you buy 3.x because those were a 100 times worse so you have no reason to complain and should sell all your books if you're unhappy'.
Gotta love them forums.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

FatR wrote:I can say with certainty that at levels 1-9 Tomes will actively make my GMing experience much worse. Primarily by making statblocks from published adventures - which I use because I don't have enough time and energy to make adventures for levels above 3rd myself - very much useless. My players tend to curbstomp them already, with relatively simple and mild martial-buffing houserules. And without playing full casters to anywhere near their full potential.
Wait, your players curbstomp all the encounters and you don't modify them in any way already?

If you mainly use monsters from the book then making encounters is easy. There's a list of every published monster sorted by type and CR at crystalkeep.com so you can just pick something appropriate. As a beginning GM i find the Same Game Test provides some good example monsters that are actually challenging.

For example, in our current Tome game (Thats 13-2 so far, right? :D) of Rise of the Runelords there was an encounter consisting of 6 Ghouls and a level 3 expert. I knew that was a joke, so I changed 3 of the Ghouls to Ghasts and upgraded the character to Tome feats. Total time: 5 minutes.
Zinegata wrote:Hey, moronic bitch.
Seriously, what the fuck? I have never put anyone on ignore, ever, but I am sorely fucking tempted with this joker.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
FatR
Duke

Post by FatR »

Red_Rob wrote: Wait, your players curbstomp all the encounters and you don't modify them in any way already?
Try to respond to what I actually write, not to your own thoughts, OK?

To give a non-asshole answer, no and no. In particular, my monsters tend to converge on PCs once the fighting starts nearly, so, for example, the ghoul scarecrow field from RotRL, you shouls be familiar with, was one extended fight centered on killing ghouls faster than they reach PCs. I still don't feel like doind any more work on adventures than I already do. And adopting Tomes stuff will require quite a bit more work.

And SGT results stop being relevant to the actual game the instant a party starts teamworking, or a fullcaster starts tailoring his memorize to encounters. Even assuming that CRs actually are balanced any better than the rest of 3.5.
Last edited by FatR on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

FatR wrote:In particular, my monsters tend to converge on PCs once the fighting starts nearly, so, for example, the ghoul scarecrow field from RotRL, you shouls be familiar with, was one extended fight centered on killing ghouls faster than they reach PCs.
This is not a good sentence.

-Crissa
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

I assume it should be "the fighting starts nearby". It all reads better that way.

FatR, I was just showing that making an adventure "Tome ready" isn't as much of a hassle as it appears. I can usually go through one of the Pathfinder modules in about half an hour and modify everything, and that includes beefing up encounters, translating enemy characters to Tome Feats (and classes if needed) and changing items for Book of Gears equivalents. I've found I've spent longer changing story elements I wasn't happy with than modifying stats.

I don't change monsters to Tome feats though. That would be horrible.

About SGT, I just meant the monsters in there give some good examples of effective creatures with a variety of abilities. They are useful for showing a beginning GM what a level appropriate monster looks like. For example, the level 5 SGT uses an animated object. I read them, thought they were cool, and dropped a couple into the haunted house as possessed objects. They made a fun encounter.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Animated Objects are hilarious opponents for low-level parties. One group had so much trouble with a footstool due to Hardness.
erik wrote:
Meikle641 wrote: Well, he originally comes from my D&D group. What possessed him to start trolling all the time, I have no idea. Honestly, I've had him on Ignore since shortly after he started posting.
I didn't notice him being too annoying until very recently and promptly put him on Ignore. I can usually ignore people by just skimming/skipping their post, but once their rage meter goes over the top I find it more soothing to have the forum automatically ignore them for me.
I am very liberal with my use of /ignore. It's the easiest thing in the world to be ignored by me. I only took Kaelik off (that's right, a member of that club with me and Crissa! Because even putting me aside, clearly Crissa and Kaelik are part of a team who love working together!) when he ran that (Tome) game. And since then he happens to have mostly been reasonable on most matters.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

In this topic: Zinegata spams the fuck out of the thread by responding to every single mother fucking post not made by him in it. Again.

So to respond to the original point: So the Paizils are still at it and making Fail. Ok. That sucks. It sucks because people will actually drink their Kool Aid leading to a bunch of retards, or simply misled people going around spouting false information about it that people like me will have to go on damage control for, and it sucks because the more shitty systems are out there, the less likely it is to find a game that does not use a shitty system. If one did not have to deal with 'Want to play a Pathfinder game?' both their own gaming experience and tabletop gaming as a whole would be better off.

And those retards are still very much out there, and they either honestly believe they fixed the Fighter and Monk, etc or are willing to pull a Ferrous Cranus and lie about it incessantly. It matters not which is the case. If the Fighter and Monk classes were removed outright that would actually solve a lot of related and unrelated problems, but that's another topic.

The thing is though, this is their SOP. They've been doing the same ass shit for a very long time. And there is no indication they will ever stop, or improve in any way. So all we can do is act as damage control by stopping people from playing shitty games. And if that means stealing their car, raping their wife, and saying mean things to or about them - <i>on the internet</i> then I'm ok with that.

Who else is in?
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Yeah, I took Kaelik of ignore, too. He stopped acting PR-like and shitting on threads and started saying useful things again. Usually.

-Crissa

...I only have one person on ignore, and it's not Zinegata. Mostly because he spams so much it wouldn't help.
Last edited by Crissa on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I would also like to chime in that that Kaelik douche has been way better than he used to be.

I can't really pinpoint when exactly he was a huge colossal douche, and when he became merely an asshole who is occasionally useful, but it happened sometime in the past. I probably disagree with Crissa and Koumei about when though, setting it farther back, assuming I were capable of drawing an actual line, but that's probably bias or something.
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Hey, fucktards, let's spend less time talking about Kaelik and Zinegata and more time talking about Paizo sucking horse cock. Commenting on someone's posting style is shitposting and nobody gives a fuck about your ignore list and your other assorted [EDITED] e-peen bullshit.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I agree. We all know Zinegata spams and double-posts constantly and devolves into juvenile namecalling at the drop of a hat, yes we know that Kaelik can be unpleasant at times. Can we as a board move beyond that?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.