Interacting like a normal person

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

mean_liar wrote:holy christ.

PRAK ANIMA
What the fuck do you like to do? How much spare cash do you generally have a week that you'd be able to blow?

Great Escape is having an open board game night tonight. Queer Supper Meetup is tonight. A Volunteering group just started. There's a Saturday-morning hike to... somewhere. An Airsoft KILL ZOMBIES event. And a few wine tastings.

STEP 1. Get out of the house!
No, my good sir, Step 1 is get a job and a car, or at least transport that does not entail this

Fortunately, I have an interview tomorrow.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

mean_liar wrote:STEP 1. Get out of the house!
Thank god I'm only two hours away from winning a car auction so I'll be able to do this crucial first step. Also, eat. My local grocery store is closing and the next nearest is a couple miles away.
Ravyn Dawnbringer
1st Level

Post by Ravyn Dawnbringer »

It really is too bad you live in Australia, or I could suggest a few places. Are there any larp groups in the area and are you nerd enough to handle going to one? They tend to attract the type of people who are more open-minded and awesome. Additionally, my wife says she'd be down with being a pen-pal. You have kindof an awesome rep in my place.

By the by, the frozen wasteland in the distant north, Canada, is what I call home. Specifically Victoria.
God of Awesome wrote: This is no different then the fact that my soul is that of a majestic nuclear space whale.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I can only assume Victoria is the best part of Canada, just like it's the best part of Australia.

Being pen pals sounds good to me.

And larping... I dunno. I don't like WoD, and that's the only kind of larp I know about in the area.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Ravyn Dawnbringer
1st Level

Victoria isn't, about an hour and a half north is. But I'm biased. Wife says kick-ass, and I'll admit to a little excitement myself. As far as larp goes, wod sucks because there is little to no actual combat, just politics. All politics and no play makes people into assholes. Send me a message and I'll give you the contact info for my igloo
God of Awesome wrote: This is no different then the fact that my soul is that of a majestic nuclear space whale.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Victoria is a horribly fun place to hang out (I used to live right across the water and frequently spent time in Victoria). I don't know about gaming, but there's a shit tonne to do there.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ravyn Dawnbringer
1st Level

Gaming is actually pretty strong here, what with all the nerds of the island living down here. Cause it's the only city on said island that has nerd-friendly careers. But yeah, it's pretty fun. I'm more of a small town guy myself though
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Ravyn Dawnbringer wrote:Victoria isn't, about an hour and a half north is.
What, Nanaimo? While 'wandering around in the middle of winter' might not be the best way to figure out how fun a place is, there seemed to be a lot more to do in Victoria.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Ravyn Dawnbringer
1st Level

True, but I'm biased, like I said. I'm a small town guy. It's actually twenty minutes north of Nanaimo that I love.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Ravyn Dawnbringer wrote:True, but I'm biased, like I said. I'm a small town guy. It's actually twenty minutes north of Nanaimo that I love.
Alright, now I'm curious: What's so awesome 20 minutes north of Nanaimo?
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Ravyn Dawnbringer
1st Level

Parksville. Little town with awesome beaches and a strong tourist industry. It's an awesome place once you leave the main drag in town. Really laid back people, nice weather all the time, plenty of nature around, just a great place to live. Not much to do there though, which is fine for me, I have the internet.

(Translated to internet stereotype)
MOAR ICE!
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Sounds nice. Is there anywhere good/cheap to stay?
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Ravyn Dawnbringer
1st Level

For how long a period? If you only want to vacation there, then it's packed with resorts and hotels, of varying cost. If you want to live there, live in the outlying areas and it's cheap as fuck. Live in town... not so cheap
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Ravyn Dawnbringer wrote:For how long a period? If you only want to vacation there, then it's packed with resorts and hotels, of varying cost. If you want to live there, live in the outlying areas and it's cheap as fuck. Live in town... not so cheap
I was thinking of a good reason to get my in-laws out of the house in Cobble Hill for a weekend. I don't think my brother-in-law gets out enough.
Last edited by CatharzGodfoot on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Anatole France

Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Ravyn Dawnbringer
1st Level

Well, if they have a bit of scratch, then tigh-na-mara is an awesome place to blow a weekend. If not, then a motel+beach routine I suppose