Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Shit was misreading Akulas post.
Chtulu you got an revised turn in?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

You all have an Message in your mail.
Please delete any and all Files in your revenge Game Folder.

You will later get an New turn file, this Time the correct one.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Not entirely happy with this rollback, as it potentially gives away what I was planning :/. Really wish you'd ask us first before you did it.

I don't think there's much Patala can do about it though, but for other folks currently fighting wars this can be really critical.

Anyway, 17 in again.

Edit: FYI, the Scores are also updated up to Turn 18 in the llama server. So we should prolly avert our gazes from it.

Doubled Edit: Oh crap, I wasn't supposed to resubmit Turn 17?
Last edited by Zinegata on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Revised Turn submitted.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

It seems to be waiting for a .2h file from everyone but Patala & Chelms. Are you sure we shouldn't be resending?
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Orca wrote:It seems to be waiting for a .2h file from everyone but Patala & Chelms. Are you sure we shouldn't be resending?
Lamaserver saves your .2h files for the last 3 turns or so. You don't have to resend, in fact, you shouldn't.

EDIT: Or at least so I heard, Korwin, do we have to resend our last .2h file?
Last edited by Akula on Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Korwin said in the message that we shouldn't send our 2H files anymore - I missed that.

I'm not aware of any command that lets you use already-submitted stuff tho... but either way what I just sent was exactly the same file I submitted previously anyway.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

You don't have to resend your old .2h file, but you can if you want.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

We are back on track.
If you could not resist and locked at the turn that did not happen...

DONT FORGET TO DELTET THE 2H FILE!

Sorry again for the fuckup...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

A Proclamation from Agartha!

At midnight last night our troops have moved into the contested Sea of Carassos and defeated the the R'lyeh troops stationed their in a daring commando raid that liberated the oppressed triton worshipers of Ghede from the control of the mad illithids.

This is but the beginning of what will be the end of the wretched forces of R'lyeh. Even now faith in the Void Lord weakens in the Ocean of Plenty as the oppressed seafolk begin to shake off the fetters of their mind control for the first time in years.

To the people of the sea: Tritons, Atlantians, and Shamblers all, this is the dawning of a new age for your great peoples! No more will you be fodder for extraterrestrial machinations, to be harvested as simple livestock. No more will your thoughts be shaped by outside wills. Your dreams and minds shall be your own again!

The great Pale Ones of old have come to liberate you themselves with your own free countrymen supporting them!

Rejoice brothers! Your slavery to the False Pretender ends today!
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Will eat brain...
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Finally got to take a look.

Man, that was a bloodthirsty turn. It looks like several folks are on the brink of annihilation.

Anyway, turn sent.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Ulm staled last turn. Does Calibron need more time for the turns?

EDIT: The unholy legions of ermor have struck a blow against the peaceful, pastoral people of Gol Armod. They sent a legion under the leadership of the terrifying mound kings Nightheart and Rend under the very sea. The only notice that the people of Gol Armod had was the triton corpses that washed ashore in the previous month.
When the abominations came ashore, the brave captain Michael rallied and disembarked his crew, a mere 15 crossbowmen and met the local militia's 15 pikemen on a march to meet the undead. A strange and unsettling old man walked with the pikemen and michael could see his dagger, the badge of office of the Goetic Masters.
When they met the undead, Michael knew that they would be slaughtered. 100 of the foul beasts shambled in two large groups, one carrying rusty arms and made only of bones, the other had more flesh and it was bloated and putrid after months of rotting in the ocean.
The Goetic Master drew his dagger and began to chant, it was a strangely beautiful liturgy from a previous age, an age where the grand inquisition marched armies thousands strong and the mighty paladins quested for the chalice. Suddenly a blast of heat ripped 9 of the foul undead to pieces, for the first time Michael was glad to have the twisted old man here.
The militia advanced, the crossbowmen's bolts ripped through decaying shields and flesh alike, and the just fires of the inquisition burned the foul undead. When the battle was joined, the militia was pulled down by sheer weight of numbers, though they cut one thing down, another 3 would lunge in and take away their footing, leaving they easy prey. Soon the front line of Marignon broke and the undead advanced on the crossbowmen, cutting down the old Goetic master with ease. Micheal and his men acquitted themselves better, and Micheal himself died trying to cut down the ermorian abominations. But despite personal valor, the battle was long lost, and they too were cut down.
Last edited by Akula on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

He might have just quit. My armies are sitting on his capital and he's lost every battle for the last five turns.

It doesn't look like he can even scratch my armies. His pretender is a master lich and I have awesome priests, so it's not like there is a game-changing SC god in play or anything.

If he stales a few more times we should just set him to AI. By then he won't have enough of an army or empire to be worth getting a sub.
Last edited by K on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Special Report from the Winged News Network

After months of heavy fighting in Lliledhor and Atlantis, the forces of Caelum have taken full control of the Coast of Ice and Bones. Our observers in the air report that, while some garrisons remain in outlying regions, the bulk of the Atlantean forces have retreated to the ocean depths whence first they came.

The conquering army was led by our one-armed Lord and God, Zarathustra, the Harvester, King of Many Names. When asked if he intended to pursue the retreating Atlanteans to their ancient city beneath the waves, His Wingedness replied,

'For now, I'm happy to bask in the deathy radiance of the Coast of Ice and Bones. Maybe I'll go swimming later.'

More bulletins as events warrant.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I am seeing peasants in the water for R'lyeh, is this some rollback shit?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Well... Normally, I'd be going "We deplore all these wars and conquests", but I'm currently in the "about to wipe out somebody else" club too so that would be pretty hypocritical :p.

We've captured the Patalan capital, and are just waiting for the walls to give way. There is no hope for relief for the Patalans.

We'd offer terms, but to quote Maximus from the beginning of Gladiator in response to the statement "People should know when they are conquered"

"Would you? Would I?"
Last edited by Zinegata on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Zinegata wrote:We'd offer terms, but to quote Maximus from the beginning of Gladiator in response to the statement "People should know when they are conquered"

"Would you? Would I?"
All respect for the gladiator quote :thumb:
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Dominions 3 is a mess of undocumented keyboard shortcuts, I just found out that you can do a one key order to deposit all bloodslaves.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Next turn in. Patala doesn't want to be dead yet apparently :p.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Akula wrote:I am seeing peasants in the water for R'lyeh, is this some rollback shit?
Looked right now, dont see peasants...
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

So I'm going to need a sub as soon as possible if anyone is interested. This is the first tactically challenging set of turns I've been in (ie multiplayer war) and I know that it's only going to get more complicated/time consuming from here.

If anyone wants to take over LA Agartha I can send you the files.

If you're quick you can get in before I submit turn 20.

If I can't find a sub in time I'll go AI on turn 21.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Abbysia needs to check his/her PMs.

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to continue this game NotSoEvil, I hope it was fun.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Awwww. It was really good playing with you NotSoEvil. You were a good and honorable ally.

Edit: Possible idea though: Korwin can take over Agartha and turn Ry'leh over to AI. The Agarthans were beating up the squidfaced menace already anyway and it was honestly just a matter of time before they are subdued.
Last edited by Zinegata on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I will be knocked out fairly soon, but it will be a few turns yet. I could take over then.