Holy Shit

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

A Man In Black
Duke

Post by A Man In Black »

Koumei wrote:Given how utterly pointless this thread has become was from the start, I may as well go off topic here. Man In Black, where is your sig from? One of the topics created by that spambot?
My sig is always spambot gibberish, links and any other promotional nonsense extracted.
I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

fbmf wrote:
Chamomile wrote:I think it's been pretty well established by now that no one really wants to talk to Frank.
By who?
The International Department of Opinions and Preferences.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

fbmf wrote:
Chamomile wrote:I think it's been pretty well established by now that no one really wants to talk to Frank.
By who?

Game On,
fbmf
The people who showed up 6 months ago and think they are the most respected Den posters.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Some day, Kaelik, you will realize there is more than one way to read that sentence.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

Sentences: Kind of like reeses.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Chamomile wrote:Some day, Kaelik, you will realize there is more than one way to read that sentence.
There are lots of ways to read the sentence. All of them include you thinking you are "increasingly respected" which is a joke.

You might notice how in gaming debates even the people who agree with you completely ignore everything you type, and don't defend you when other people call your points stupid, and don't cite you ever. The reason is because they are embarrassed to have you agreeing with them. Just like when PR or GX agrees with someone in a politics discussion. Yes, when people are stupid and wrong, they statistically must fall on my side sometimes, but it's still embarrassing to be on the same side as team racist, or, in gaming discussions, on the same side as you.

You are not increasingly respected. You were respected most on May 2 2011, and it's been all downhill since. I choose to parody your stupid sentence even more above, because now some whiny shit who doesn't know anything is talking about how it was decided that no one wants to hear from Frank, which is of course, fucking wrong, because even people who hate Frank and everything he stands for (like WoF) still want to hear from him. But even people who agree with everything you defend still wish you would stop posting.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Seerow
Duke

Post by Seerow »

There are lots of ways to read the sentence. All of them include you thinking you are "increasingly respected" which is a joke.
To be fair, I read the sentence as each progressive person Frank put on ignore was more respected than the last. So if Chamomile was the first, he would be saying he was the least respected of the group, while whoever got ignored after was more respected than him, and so on. How that actually measures up with reality I don't know, because I'm not even sure who all got put on ignore, let alone what order. But it is a way to read it that isn't necessarily a self-inflated ego.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Seerow wrote:
To be fair, I read the sentence as each progressive person Frank put on ignore was more respected than the last. So if Chamomile was the first, he would be saying he was the least respected of the group, while whoever got ignored after was more respected than him, and so on. How that actually measures up with reality I don't know, because I'm not even sure who all got put on ignore, let alone what order. But it is a way to read it that isn't necessarily a self-inflated ego.
That would be a possibly correct reading of the sentence, "Frank has put on ignore four increasingly respectable posters." But the "we are now up to four increasingly..." by placing the time first, causes the increasingly to apply to all four posters at once at the current moment, without respect to the order events happened to them in the past.

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

While this conversation is very, very dumb and I really don't want to encourage it, I believe Chamomile's intended reading is "getting ignored by Frank makes you more respectable." Which is not at all a statement about absolute respectability, it's more like "got ignored by Frank? Must be doing at least one thing right."
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

DSMatticus wrote:While this conversation is very, very dumb and I really don't want to encourage it, I believe Chamomile's intended reading is "getting ignored by Frank makes you more respectable." Which is not at all a statement about absolute respectability, it's more like "got ignored by Frank? Must be doing at least one thing right."
I do not think that this was his meaning, but it is certainly within the realm of possibility. It's also even more retarded than what I think he meant, and I am willing to double down and calling him an idiot if he decides to clarify that is his meaning.

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Koumei wrote:There's not enough orange there for that to be Frank.
Yeah, needs more orange.

-Username17
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

FrankTrollman wrote:
Koumei wrote:There's not enough orange there for that to be Frank.
Yeah, needs more orange.

-Username17
See, that makes me want to actually shoop it together...
A Man In Black
Duke

Post by A Man In Black »

The Gaming Den: Mostly Just Profanity And Terrifying Slash Fanfiction
I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Over 9000 milliseconds in GIMP
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Orange is pretty hard to get, as it turns out. This is the best I could do:
And yes, Frank has become the most illustrated member of TGD. In a truly frightening way.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

It keeps happening.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Oh dang I have to get up to view the lunar eclipse in 4 hours.
I guess this will have to be it. For now.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
This thread was useless to begin with and has now ceased amusing me.

Off with its head!

[/TGFBS]
Last edited by fbmf on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.