Sourced Classes

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I don't know what you mean about AiL needing a level, though i'll take a look at that when I actually get up.

The ignore damage thing should probably read "ignores damage up to his class level from attacks made by opponents grappling him," and the DR should, I guess, be x/-, and sonic energy doesn't bypass.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Josh_Kablack
King

Re: Sourced Classes

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Prak_Anima wrote:WIP

The Green Queen

Emissary of the Green The Green Queen is able to talk to all Plants (creatures of the plant type or subtype, or the [wood] subtype, or mundane plants), regardless of language or intelligence.
You could use Speak with Plants there if you wanted. Of course that doesn't cover the telepathy, so you would still have a lot of text either way.
Toxic Personality At second level, the Green Queen has begun to exude toxins. Not only can this be an effective attack, if they are skilled in seduction, or good with their teeth, but it has also rendered them immune to such themselves. A Green Queen is immune to all poison (though defoliants do damage as if they were acid), and can create a dose of any plant based toxin at will as a free action.
This is potentially problematic if you are using like Epic Level Toxins or weird gygaxian DNS crap from modules - I recommend limiting explicitly to a list pulled from the toxins in the DMG or just using the Spell for that.

Also, if they are taking damage from Defoliants, they should get the [Plant] type for purposes of those rare effects like Horrid Wilting which deal more damage to them.
Gymnosperm Defense The Green Queen has become plant like enough that they can change their appearance within certain parameters with ease. They can change their skin and hair tone to any colour, can sprout foliage, including leaves, flowers, small vines, etc. from their skin (even fungi, though this is more difficult, and sometimes unsettling for the Green Queen, mechanically it works exactly the same, and is not harmful in anyway), and even bear fruit. As such, they tend to quickly stop wearing clothes, as modesty can be served just as well with a leaf one piece (more comfortably, too), as with fabric, and they can mimic most mundane armours through a period of concentration equal to 10 minutes per point of armour bonus spent growing a covering of appropriate vegetable material. This personal armour is mechanically identical to what it mimics, but will always look organic, with flower patterns and hues spread across it. (by flower pattern, I mean the patterns seen on petals that are meant to lead insects to the pollen). Finally, they gain the benefit of the feat Gymnos defense, regardless of race or background, and are considered naked so long as they aren't wearing manufactured clothing.
So they get the better of ( armor's armor bonus ) or ( min ( str bonus, level ) ) and DR Str Bonus + Con Bonus / Adamant with this. That seems a little complex, and I'd be tempted to not reference the feat and instead spell out abilities directly. I'd also probably want a disclaimer that armor formed still has the usual proficiency requirements and grants tome scaling abilities and such.

Green Sphere Much like fiends and celestials, a Green Queen gains access to small groups of spell like abilities that advance she gains level. Much like fiendish spheres, each Green Sphere comes with a trait, though unlike fiendish spheres, these traits may be physical just as often as mental
Go the easy route here and just copypasta relevant spheres which already exist.

In the Company of Madness At third level, an acquaintance of the Green Queen has been spurned by their lover, fed up with his shit, or callously strapped to a rocket and left where it crashed. Regardless of what happened, the acquaintance plays upon what little sympathy the Green Queen has, and they quickly become friends when the Green Queen takes them in.
This seems a bit too close to the source material, and I'm not seeing a good reason why it should be a class ability instead of just an instance of a particular Green Queen taking a leadership feat.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Prak
Serious Badass

Re: Sourced Classes

Post by Prak »

Josh_Kablack wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote:WIP

The Green Queen

Emissary of the Green The Green Queen is able to talk to all Plants (creatures of the plant type or subtype, or the [wood] subtype, or mundane plants), regardless of language or intelligence.
You could use Speak with Plants there if you wanted. Of course that doesn't cover the telepathy, so you would still have a lot of text either way.
It also doesn't cover the fact that mundane plants are, apparently, no less intelligible than children, or that they can sense the Green Queen.
Toxic Personality At second level, the Green Queen has begun to exude toxins. Not only can this be an effective attack, if they are skilled in seduction, or good with their teeth, but it has also rendered them immune to such themselves. A Green Queen is immune to all poison (though defoliants do damage as if they were acid), and can create a dose of any plant based toxin at will as a free action.
This is potentially problematic if you are using like Epic Level Toxins or weird gygaxian DNS crap from modules - I recommend limiting explicitly to a list pulled from the toxins in the DMG or just using the Spell for that.
Yeah, I may use Poison, since the source character has her own specific type of poison, to the point that people dying from it means she is the primary suspect.
Also, if they are taking damage from Defoliants, they should get the [Plant] type for purposes of those rare effects like Horrid Wilting which deal more damage to them.
They do get it. If they're not a Plant, they get the subtype. If they are a plant, they move up a scale:
  • Not Plant
  • [Plant] Subtype
  • Plant Type
  • Plant [Wood]
  • Elemental [Plant, Wood]
  • Elemental [Earth, Plant, Wood]
Then each time they get a sphere from the class, they move up the scale. Earth subtype is grabbed because Swamp Thing has a connection to the Green and is described as an earth elemental.
Gymnosperm Defense The Green Queen has become plant like enough that they can change their appearance within certain parameters with ease. They can change their skin and hair tone to any colour, can sprout foliage, including leaves, flowers, small vines, etc. from their skin (even fungi, though this is more difficult, and sometimes unsettling for the Green Queen, mechanically it works exactly the same, and is not harmful in anyway), and even bear fruit. As such, they tend to quickly stop wearing clothes, as modesty can be served just as well with a leaf one piece (more comfortably, too), as with fabric, and they can mimic most mundane armours through a period of concentration equal to 10 minutes per point of armour bonus spent growing a covering of appropriate vegetable material. This personal armour is mechanically identical to what it mimics, but will always look organic, with flower patterns and hues spread across it. (by flower pattern, I mean the patterns seen on petals that are meant to lead insects to the pollen). Finally, they gain the benefit of the feat Gymnos defense, regardless of race or background, and are considered naked so long as they aren't wearing manufactured clothing.
So they get the better of ( armor's armor bonus ) or ( min ( str bonus, level ) ) and DR Str Bonus + Con Bonus / Adamant with this. That seems a little complex, and I'd be tempted to not reference the feat and instead spell out abilities directly. I'd also probably want a disclaimer that armor formed still has the usual proficiency requirements and grants tome scaling abilities and such.
I'll include the feat below the class to help a bit. The ability does state that armour grown by the Green Queen is mechanically identical, but I'll explicitly call out proficiency and abilities (though maybe most/all should scale to Kn. Nature, due to the nature of the mimicked armour?)
Green Sphere Much like fiends and celestials, a Green Queen gains access to small groups of spell like abilities that advance she gains level. Much like fiendish spheres, each Green Sphere comes with a trait, though unlike fiendish spheres, these traits may be physical just as often as mental
Go the easy route here and just copypasta relevant spheres which already exist.
Yeah, I was going to skim for some. May still make a handful, but I'll totally reprint fitting ones.
In the Company of Madness At third level, an acquaintance of the Green Queen has been spurned by their lover, fed up with his shit, or callously strapped to a rocket and left where it crashed. Regardless of what happened, the acquaintance plays upon what little sympathy the Green Queen has, and they quickly become friends when the Green Queen takes them in.
This seems a bit too close to the source material, and I'm not seeing a good reason why it should be a class ability instead of just an instance of a particular Green Queen taking a leadership feat.
...cuz it's funny? And lesbians make everything better.
Last edited by Prak on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Prak_Anima wrote:I don't know what you mean about AiL needing a level, though i'll take a look at that when I actually get up.

The ignore damage thing should probably read "ignores damage up to his class level from attacks made by opponents grappling him," and the DR should, I guess, be x/-, and sonic energy doesn't bypass.
You say that "He gains the effects of a Monk's Armoured in Life ability.". Which reads like 'As long as a chosen monk benefits from Armored in Life, the pirate guy gains the same benefits'. What you should say is 'The pirate guy gains Armored in Life as a monk of his pirate guy level'.

If you want the 'ignore damage' ability to reduce damage (rather than just ignoring weak attacks) it should say so.The DR should be x/-, and sonic resistance x. Because DR doesn't apply to energy damage.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

heh, as much as I like the idea of the Net of the Pirate King just picking a monk and piggy backing the benefits of AiL off of him, fixed. Content Under Pressure is fixed now as well.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Just saw Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and decided to do a bit of work on this class, along with moving it here.

Hell Rider
Once in a while, fiends will make a faustian pact with a mortal. In this pact the mortal may be turned into a Hell Rider, a sort of Infernal bounty hunter weilding pure Hellfire. In return, the mortal will get whatever it is mortal's want, money, love, the life of a love one saved from some horrible disease, or some other thing that could just as easily be obtained with the proper spell from a cleric or wizard. Though other times, they get what they really want, or nothing at all. Such is the nature of deals with fiends.

Requirements
Skills: Ride or Drive 8r
Feats: Devil's Favour
Base Ref Save: +4
Special: Must make a pact with a fiend. The pact need not be formed for the express purpose of creating a Hell Rider

Game Info
HD: d8
Good Ref
Good BAB
Skills (6+int): Bluff, Control Shape, Diplomacy, [Drive], Handle Animal, Intimidate, Kn. Arcana, Kn. Religion, Kn. the Planes, Move Silently, Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device
Power Source: Infernal

Lv Special
1st Fiendish Tracker, Alternate Form, Hell's Mount, Hellfire Sphere
2nd Bonus Feat
3rd Damage Reduction, Sphere
4th The Long Ride, Bonus Feat
5th Sphere

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: The Hell Rider gains proficiency in all chain weapons, longsword, and lances. He also gains proficiency in leather, studded leather and brigandine armour(Oriental Adventures).

Fiendish Tracker: At some point in their natural life, the Hell Rider must track down a bounty for his fiendish patron.
This task can vary to include the following: humiliating a target, aquiring a specific object, capturing a specific creature, bringing a creature dead or alive to a specific point. These are not the only tasks that the Hell Rider's devilish master may appoint to them however; often the assigned tasks are meant to removed the agents of rivals or to indirectly aid the patron's other minions or his enemies rivals.
Often the handing over of a powerful devil to celestial authorities by a Hell Rider is followed up by both the release and aid of said devil to continue their work that was hampering the archedevil of contradictions.
In addition, the Hell Rider may track a target "through Hell and high water" as it were. With a connection, a personal item, a picture, a lock of hair, or the like, the Rider will unerringly know the direction of their target. The Rider may only track a single target at a time, and anything that would block the target from detection of any kind blocks the Rider's tracking ability.

Alternate Form (Ex): At night, the Hell Rider is affected by a terrifying transformation into an image of hellish death. The skin of his head and hands burns away to reveal bone wreathed in hellfire, and his clothes take on a more menacing appearance (metal studs become spikes, the clothing becomes darker and burned, etc.). This transformation has no mechanical effect, except to give studded leather armour, if worn, spikes (happy birthday). In this form, the Hell Rider gains profane bonuses of +6 str, and +4 con, and a deflection bonus to his armour class equal to his class level, and immunity to fire and hellfire. He also gains a hellfire aura that functions as the burn ability of the fire elemental, except that it deals hellfire damage rather than fire damage. The Hell Rider cannot maintain this alternate form in direct sunlight, and reverts to his normal form at daybreak. He may still assume the form in shadow (or otherwise outside of direct sunlight) during the day with a successful Control Shape check (DC 20). Control Shape can also affect this ability in all ways as it does the lycanthrope ability of the same name, treat this form as an 'animal' form, and use the diliniation of night and day rather than moon phase.

Hell's Mount (Ex): Any vehicle piloted by or mount rode by a Hell Rider is possessed by a diabolical steed spirit that is loyal to that Hell Rider. Once possessed, it is affected by a transformation similar to the Hell Rider's alternate form, it is left skeletal and wreathed in hellfire. This aura of hellfire gives the steed the fire and hellfire immunity and hellfire burn ability of the Hell Rider's alternate form. The spirit can animate objects it possesses, and it has an intelligence score of 3. It can be trained with Handle Animal as if it were a magical beast, but already knows the command "heel". The vehicle or mount can travel indefinitely without need for rest, food/fuel, or healing/repair so long as it is taking at least a double move action, and does not suffer non-lethal damage from extended hustling, running or forced march. The Hell's Mount can travel upon any surface at normal speed, at any angle (Air is not a surface, but water is, as are clouds). The mount and Hell Rider share an empathic link. A creature gains 2 bonus HD per Hell Rider level of master, while an object gains 5 bonus hardness (min 10) and 15 bonus hp per master class level, both types of mount gain an additional 50% speed per master class level. The Hell's Mount of a 3rd level Hell Rider has spell resistance as the special mount of a paladin of the master's character level, and a fifth level Hell Rider's Hell's Mount can command fiends.

Hellfire Sphere: The Hell Rider gains basic access to the Hellfire Sphere. It's mental trait is automatically a gleeful list to punish the wicked.

The Long Ride(Ex.): A Hell Rider traveling on his Hell's Mount ability has no need to eat, drink, or sleep. This ability functions even in direct sunlight so long as the journey began in shadow or at night.

Hellfire [Fiendish Sphere]
Granted Ability: Hellfire Infusion (Su): Any weapon, damaging spell, spell like ability or magic item weilded by a Hell Rider in Alternate Form can be infused with Hellfire to deal an additional 1d6 points of hellfire damage per step of spell like ability granted by the Hellfire sphere (1-2 HD=1, 3-4 HD=2, 5-6 HD=3, etc.). Each use of this power deals one point of con damage to the Hell Rider. Weapons, spells, spell like abilities and magic items which already deal Hellfire damage only gain half this increase.
1-2 HD: Produce Hellflame (as produce flame, but deals hellfire damage.)
3-4
5-6 HD: Penance Stare (Enervation) (does not affect creatures with more eyes than the Hell Rider, creatures without souls [elementals, oozes, most undead, vermin], Arch Fiends, and a target with it's own Penance Stare ability may target the Hell Rider with it even as it's targeted)
7-8
9-10
11-12
13-14
15-16
17-18
19-20

still being reworked.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

What Power Sources Mean.
It's been brought to my attention that, even though the idea of power sources as a theme is kinda sorta passable, if they don't do anything, they don't mean anything. Here I will outline power sources as needed, and what they in fact do.
Ancestral
Fiendish
Mystical

(but, er, not now. it's almost 4am. I'm about to turn into a pumpkin, I think.)

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

WIP
Ponyweaver
There is a land, off in the far distance, called Equestria. The inhabitants are strange creatures, horse like quadrupeds in a rainbow of colours, with seemingly natural tattoo like markings on their rumps. There exist three types of these "ponies," Earth ponies, who tend to the land, growing crops, making items from the land's bounty, and seeing to simple societal affairs, such as governence, teaching, and store ownership, Pegasus ponies, who fly through the air, living above the land in a cloud city called Cloudsdale, directing the weather, and Unicorn Ponies, who possess personal magic skills, such as gem detection and illusion. The Unicorns seem to primarily hail from Canterlot, and elevated city, but it is more truly the aristocrat city. All three varieties freely mingle in Ponyville, Manehatten, Fillydelphia, and other such terrestrial cities, the population centers, which hold the vast majority of Unicorn and Earth Ponies, along with a small percentage of Pegasus Ponies.
The ponies revere a pair of winged unicorns, Princesses Celestia and Luna, who represent the sun and moon respectively. These two, in stark contrast with the reclusive gods of humanoids, regularly walk Equestria, communing with their subjects on a much more personal level than even the most human-loving goddess of beauty. They portray themselves as gods, but are treated more like royalty of the highest level.
The Ponyweaver is a person who has found this land and made a pact with the Ponies, that they will come to her aid when she calls, so long as she upholds the tenets of Friendship.

Requirements
Alignment: Nonevil (as much as I don't want to have to say that, it is very difficult for even I to believe an evil creature could actually work with this stuff)
Skills: Diplomacy 8r, Kn. Nature 4r, Spellcraft 5r
Special: Travel to Equestria and become friend to the Ponies.

Game Info
HD: d8
Good Ref and Will
Average BAB
Skills (6+int):
Power Source: Friendship

Lv Special
1st Element of Harmony-Honesty
2nd Earth Pony Power
3rd Element of Harmony-Loyalty
4th Pegasus Pony Power
5th Element of Harmony-Kindness
6th Unicorn Pony Power
7th Element of Harmony-Laughter
8th Alicorn Pony Power
9th Element of Harmony-Generosity
10th Friendship is Magic

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies:

Elements of Harmony As the Ponyweaver levels, she taps into the power of magical items known to Ponykind as the Elements of Harmony, physical representations of the highest virtues of Ponydom. Furthermore, she begins to imitate the traits of the legendary heroes who bore the Elements of Harmony against powerful enemies in Ponykind Legend.
However, the Ponyweaver must personify these virtues herself or be forsaken by them. A Ponyweaver must also have a certain number of ranks of Diplomacy to use each Element.
Honesty The first power a Ponyweaver learns is that of Honesty. They must have 8 ranks of Diplomacy or more. A Ponyweaver can automatically detect falsehood, and gains a bonus to all sense motive checks equal to her class level.
Honesty was borne by the Earth Pony Applejack, a proud farmer, who, though she lacked the magic of a Unicorn Pony, or flight of a Pegasus Pony, was nonetheless a powerful Pony in her own right. The Ponyweaver gains a +10 morale bonus to her base speed, and a +4 bonus to resist being knocked over so long as she can use the Element of Honesty.
If a Ponyweaver ever tells a lie or is otherwise dishonest, she loses this power until such time as she confesses to the wronged party and is able to be reassured that her friends forgive her.
Loyalty The second power is that of Loyalty, which can be used by a 3rd level Ponyweaver with 10 ranks or more of Diplomacy. A Ponyweaver with the power of Loyalty is immune to mental effects that would cause her to turn against or harm her allies. Furthermore, her steadfast loyalty is an inspiration to her allies, who receive a bonus to checks against the same kind of effects equal to her class level.
The Element of Loyalty was wielded by a boisterous and courageous Pegasus Pony named Rainbow Dash. Her courage was a beacon to her friends in time of hardship. The Ponyweaver who wields Loyalty also channels Rainbow Dash's courage, becoming immune to fear effects, and radiating an aura of courage as a paladin of her character level.
A disloyal action, such as forsaking an ally, attacking them, or selling them out, you lose the benefits of Loyalty, and in fact are forsaken by your power source, losing all special abilities of this class until you are able to atone for your treachery.
Kindness The Power of Kindness requires that the Ponyweaver have 12 or more ranks of Diplomacy. The Ponyweaver is always willing to listen and search for the reason behind conflict, looking for a way to end it without violence. With the power of Kindness, all npcs and creatures are, at worst, indifferent to you. You receive a bonus to Diplomacy checks made to improve their attitude equal to your class level, which also applies to abilities that function like diplomacy, such as Wild Empathy.
Fluttershy was the Pegasus Druid who bore the power of Kindness, a friend to all animals. So long as you are able to wield Kindness, you may cast any Summon Monster or Nature's Ally spell that a Wizard or Druid of your Character Level-2 would be able to cast at will.
Any act of Cruelty causes you to lose the Power of Kindness until you apologize and pay reparation to the victim of your cruelty.
Laughter The Power of Laughter wielded by Pinkie Pie, the Mane Six's always friendly bard. With the Power of Laughter, she turned back the frightful aura of the Dark Forest, and assuaged her friends' fears. When a Mind Affecting Effect would target your allies, you may make a Diplomacy or Performance roll to counter it, with a DC of the Spell Effect DC+10.
Pinkie Pie's most enduring trait is her charisma, and so long as a Ponyweaver can channel Laughter, she gains an enhancement bonus to charisma equal to 1/3 her Character Level.
Generosity

Earth Pony Power At second level, the Ponyweaver is able to call upon the abilities of Earth Ponies. She gains an inherent bonus to her Strength and Constitution equal to half her class level, and an Inherent bonus equal to Character Level to a Craft or Profession skill, and an inherent bonus equal to 1/6 her character bonus to attack rolls with one group of weapons in which she is proficient. The skill and weapon group are chosen at the time this ability is gained and cannot be changed.
Upon gaining this ability, an image appears on the Ponyweaver's hip that symbolizes her chosen aptitudes.

Pegasus Pony Power At fourth level, the Ponyweaver gains some of the powers of Pegasus Ponies, namely their control of weather. They gain Basic access to the Pegasus Sphere, which upgrades to Advanced Access at sixth level, and Expert Access at 8th level. Two large, feathered wings sprout from their back, granting them a flight speed equal to twice their base speed at Good maneuverability. The feathers are a vibrant colour, often completely different from their hair or skin colour.
Pegasus Sphere [Pony]
Granted Power The Pony can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.
1-2: Fog Cloud
3-4: Gust of Wind
5-6: Call Lightning and Sleet Storm or Wind Wall
7-8: Ice Storm
9-10: Control Winds
11-12: Call Lightning Storm
13-14: Control Weather
15-16: Whirlwind
17-18: Sunburst
19-20: Storm of Vengeance

Unicorn Pony Power At sixth level, the Ponyweaver gains the power of a Unicorn Pony. She can use the spells Mage Hand and Greater Mage Hand at will, and Telekinesis, and Telekinetic Sphere 3/day. She also gains a Pony sphere of her choosing at Basic Access, which becomes Advanced access at 8th level, and Expert access at 10th. A long, twisted horn grows from her forehead, which glows with the intensity of a torch when she uses any ability granted by this class.
Pony Spheres
Aegis
Special: You radiate an aura of protection out to 10 feet. All allies in this aura receive a resistance bonus to saves OR a deflection bonus to AC equal to character level / 3, rounding up.
Special Bonus: If you upgrade this Sphere to Advanced access, your aura of protection grants a resistance bonus to saves AND a deflection bonus to AC.
Special Bonus: If you upgrade this Sphere to Expert access, your aura of protection goes out to Short range instead of 10 feet.
1 Mage Armor
3 Resist Energy
5 Protection From Energy
7 Stoneskin
9 Extended Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser
11 Energy Immunity (As Resist Energy, but grants Immunity instead of resistance)
13 Spell Turning
15 Protection from Spells
17 Foresight
19 Double Extended (lasts for 3 times as long as normal) Mind Blank

Beast
Special: You may speak with animals at will. Once per day, you may increase the duration of a single casting of summon animal to 24 hours.
1: summon animal*
3: spider climb
5: dominate animal
7: giant vermin
9: animal growth
11: antilife shell
13: animal shapes
15: antipathy
17: sympathy
19: shapechange (Animals only)
*This spell works exactly like the summon nature's ally line of spells, except it has a duration of 1 minute/level and can summon a single creature with the animal type or any number of creatures with the animal type whose combined Challenge Rating equal to your level - 2; at first level you can summon an Animal or any combination of Animals equal to a CR 1/3, and at second level you can summon an Animal or any combination of Animals equal to a CR 1/2, at third level the combined total is CR 1, and at forth level the combined total CR is 2 and so on to a maximum total CR of 18 at twentieth level. Casting this spell unsummons any animals from a previous casting of this spell.

Butterfly
Special: You gain a set of butterfly wings, granting a fly speed of 10, maneuverability poor
1: Whispering Wind (message delivered by butterflies)
3: Summon Swarm (butterflies)
5: Rage (sting like a bee!)
7: Summon Monster IV (use Giant Wasp stats)
9: Whirlwind (butterfly effect)
11: Creeping Doom (Butterflies)
13: Insanity (Target will continously mumble about evil butterflies)
15: Limited Wish (needs to include butterflies)
17: Prismatic Sphere[/i] (made of butterflies)
19: Shapechange[/i] (Swarms only)

Eye
Special: You have all-around vision and immunity to blindness
1: Keen Sight (Give a level-appropriate bonus to Spot checks to a touched target for 1 hour per caster level)
3: Blindness (As Blindness/Deafness, but without deafness as an option)
5: Arcane Eye
7: True Seeing
9: Eyebite
11: Mass Blindness (As Blindness, but one target per caster level)
13: Greater Prying Eyes
15: Greater Arcane Sight
17: Summon Beholder (Treat like Summon Monster IX, but instead of the normal options, you get a beholder)
19: Extended Summon Beholder

Forest
Special: You may speak with plants at will, and you may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at your normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect you.
1: entangle
3: barkskin
5: plant growth
7: blight
9: wall of thorns
11: transport via plants
13: animate plants
15: control plants
17: unyielding roots
19: shadow landscape

Healing
Special: Any spells of the Healing subschool that you cast (including SLAs) have a range of 30ft, unless it would normally be longer.
1: Cure Moderate Wounds
3: Lesser Restoration
5: Cure Critical Wounds
7: Mass Cure Critical Wounds
9: Heal
11: Restoration
13: Ressurection
15: Mass Heal
17: Heal (can be used as an immediate action)
19: Greater Restoration (can be used as an immediate action)

Illusion
Special: Even if a creature successfully disbelieves one of your illusions, they must save to disbelieve again as soon as they stop interacting with it.
1: Silent Image
3: Invisibility
5: Displacement
7: Phantasmal Killer
9: Mirage Arcana
11: Veil
13: Permanent Image
15: Persistant Greater Invisibility
17: Weird
19: Superior Invisibility [CArc]

Light
Special: You shed light like a torch, and can suppress or resume this ability at-will. This ability is considered extraordinary.
1: Faerie Fire
3: Searing Light
5: Daylight
7: Sunbeam
9: Sunburst
11: True Seeing
13: Power Word Blind
15: Prismatic Wall
17: Prismatic Sphere
19: Sunburst (can be used as an immediate action)

Purification Sphere
Special: You are immune to poison and nonmagical disease, and may also Purify Food and Drink twice per day per character level.
1: Greater Dispel Magic
3: Flame Strike
5: Remove Disease
7: Disintegrate
9: Break Enchantment
11: Antilife Shell
13: Destruction
15: Antimagic Field
17: Empowered Flame Strike, Mass (As Flame Strike, but you place one per level anywhere within Long Range. They don't stack.)
19: Implosion

Rainbow Unicorn: Friendship is magic. You can speak with equines (including unicorns and pegasi) as though you share a language. Unicorns automagically start out friendly to you.
1: Color Spray
3: Rainbow Beam [SpC]
5: Persisitant Unicorn Horn [CM]
7: Summon Nature's Ally IV (unicorn only)
9: Persistant Unicorn Blood [CM]
11: Prismatic Aura [CM]
13: Persistant Unicorn Heart [CM]
15: Rain of Roses [BoED] (affects all enemies or all non-allies instead of evil)
17: Summon Nature's Ally IX (celestial charger only)
19: Prismatic Sphere

Shadow: Illumination within 100' of you is always shadowy [Su]. You can suppress this ability with a free action. You are also considered a native of Shadow.
1: Shadow Spray [SpC]
3: Shadow Cache [SpC]
5: Deeper Darkness
7: Shadow Conjuration
9: Summon Undead 5 [SpC] (shadow or allip only)
11: Shadow Walk
13: Planar Bubble [SpC] (Shadow only)
15: Quickened Shadow Evocation
17: Shades
19: Ice Assassin [SpC]

Time Sphere
Special: Three times per day, you can activate any power from this Sphere as a swift or immediate action, regardless of its normal casting time. Also, you can terminate any effect you create from your Sphere prematurely as a Free action. Abilities based on psionic powers are fully augmented up to the maximum effect possible for the manifester level, as normal for psi-like abilities.
1: Deja Vu (not Mind Affecting)
3: Haste
5: Slow
7: Time Hop
9: Anticipatory Strike (CPsi, similar to Greater Celerity)
11: Temporal Acceleration
13: Mass Time Hop
15: Temporal Stasis
17: Time Regression (CPsi, allows you to travel backward in time for a round)
19: Mass Hold Monster (not Mind Affecting)

Trickery
Special: You can take 10 on bluff checks. You also gain a +2 bonus to diplomacy and sense motive checks.
1: Silent Image
3: Mirror Image
5: Extended Invisibility or Invisibility Sphere
7: Confusion
9: Persistent Image
11: Quickened Mislead
13: Project Image
15: Mirage Arcana (lasts for 1 day per level)
17: Astral Projection
19: Mind Rape

Virtue Sphere
Special: You may Detect Evil in a 50 foot radius sphere anywhere within your line of sight at will, starting with the second round's worth of information. This takes a Swift action to initiate.
1: Consecrate
3: Extended Align Weapon (Good only)
5: Magic Circle against Evil
7: Holy Sword
9: Lesser Planar Ally
11: Dispel Evil
13: Hallow
15: Holy Word
17: Miracle
19: True Resurrection

Alicorn Pony Power At eight level, the Ponyweaver calls upon the sovereignty of the Alicorns, Celestia and Luna, and may call forth armies of ponies at a whim. They appear as a calling effect with the sound of trumpets and a flash on the horizon. The called ponies appear 200' away from Ponyweaver, and run to her location in a round. The Ponyweaver gains the Command feat, and this ability allows her to magically bring her followers to her, rather than dragging them around all the time.

Friendship is Magic The final Element of Harmony is Magic, brought out by the connection and embodiment of the other five, and given form by the friendship they foster among the Ponyweaver and her allies.
By channeling Magic, the Ponyweaver is able to cast actual magic. She has the spells known and spells per day of a Bard of their character level, with access to the Bard, Druid, Paladin and Wizard spell lists. The Ponyweaver has a caster level equal to her HD, and can take classes that improve spellcasting in order to gain additional spellcasting ability.
If she loses access to any other Element of Harmony, however, Magic forsakes her, as it requires the presence of all five of the other Elements, and will not return until she regains access to the Element in question.

Wow. That looks like a very powerful class. I need to put in the Pony Spheres and the Generosity ability, and then I'll run it against some SGT opponents and dial down the power level.
Last edited by Prak on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:14 am, edited 8 times in total.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'd be interested in seeing what people have to say about the changes to Hellrider and the Ponyweaver class, even if they are both works in progress. I put Ponyweaver through a couple SGT battles last night, and found "rocks fire giant through kiting, is fucked by dragon" which I can't imagine is too surprising.

Sunwitch
Master

Post by Sunwitch »

What I have to say about the Ponyweaver is limited to "Why".
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

my answer is a concise "why not," but only because it sounds better than "it came to me in dream"

codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

You should probably make a new thread, and in the new thread use the first post as an index.

Update the first post with links to your stuff, so it's easier to find.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Not a bad thought, I'll do that when I'm not trying to grab schmucks for a Neverwinter dungeon.