If ____ Ran For President...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

If ____ Ran For President...

Post by Ancient History »

Random thing in the Birther thread got me thinking what alternate candidates would focus on as their campaign issues...

If Unicron ran for president, at least we'd see a coherent focus on energy policy.

If Unicorn ran for president, at least we'd see a focus on sexual education and prevention among teenagers.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I think I would like to see the genuine national discussion on violence and home invasions that would come from a Little Red Riding Hood campaign for the presidency.

-Username17
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

If Mearls ran for president .......
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

If Batman ran for president, we could cut down on crime.
ishy wrote:If Mearls ran for president .......
...he could start the ball rolling on really interesting legislation and then make everyone else finish it.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

If Frank Trollman ran for president.....
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

...then the national debates would hinge on how many cocks to a barrel.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

If Frank Trollman ran for president, then I could run in the next election, and everyone would think my uncivilness tame in comparison.

I want to see Princess Celestia run for president.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

If Frank Trollman ran for president.....
He'd have the exact same level and type of support as Ron Paul, for completely different reasons.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Prak_Anima wrote:
I want to see Princess Celestia run for president.

One the amount of bronies mean that there are issues with bestiality. Marriage is between man and woman not bronie and magical flying pony princesses. Also, she is royalty. She'd have to renounce that...

Plus the whole girl thing.

Geez.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

If Nobody ran for president:

Nobody keeps their campaign promises!
Nobody belongs in the White House!
Nobody has real solutions for the economy!
Nobody can deal with international terrorism!
Nobody is a "True American"!
Nobody will fix the dysfunctional mess in Washington!

I could go on all day, but the bottom line is this: Nobody needs your vote, so vote for Nobody!
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

Princess Celestia would never be able to cope with a bicameral legislature. The congress would eat her alive.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The congress is primarily comprised of men old enough that they remember the depression. They may well literally eat her alive.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

RiotGearEpsilon wrote:Princess Celestia would never be able to cope with a bicameral legislature. The congress would eat her alive.
She'd probably just kill them all and reestablish her monarchical rule. I mean, she exiled her own sister to the moon. Exiling a bunch of congressmen to the moon shouldn't be a problem, either. The fact that humans can't breath up there isn't her problem.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I would love to see congress exiled to the moon. Maybe she'll trap the senate in stone statues.

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

I'd love for a Presidential candidate to just straight up tell the American people that he's aware that most of them are not actually voting for a Head of State but instead a big, manly, assertive daddy who will make the bad things go away without them having to think about or work for it. Therefore what they SHOULD be doing is offering Abdullah the Presidency because he might actually be able to do something meaningful about gas prices and terrorism. So they should go fuck themselves.

And also to call out the Naderite slacktivists' only caring about good government during the Presidential race because they're exactly the kind of assholes he was talking about.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.