It's Personal...

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Prak_Anima wrote:
Blicero wrote:Funny that you say that...

True Cutco story: We had weekly employees meetings. One week, during our meeting, we were given pieces of plywood by our manager. We were told to write down on these pieces what was stopping us from selling more knives. Then, one at a time, we stood in the center of our room, and everyone else gathered around the person in the center while chanting "yes yes yes yes..." At some point, the stander was supposed to raise his or her hand up, and everyone would go quiet, and the stander would punch the wood and break it. Then the next person would go. This was supposed to release your pinned up energies and make you a better salesman (my manager's words). After everyone had gone, she told us all to go run around in the yard of our building for a while.

It was really fucking weird.
Yeah, I've heard of shit like that. It's some dumb motivational speaking, team building, group think bullshit.
I once met this guy while hiking in Yosemite and he told me that when he worked as a vacuum salesman the company would have them all stand in a circle and sing old gospel songs with "God" and "Jesus" replaced with the name of the vacuum company. He quit right afterwards.
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

Neeeek wrote:
Parthenon wrote:However, when guide books say that most people speak some English they are lying.
Really? I lived in Malaysia for a while. People spoke English well enough that I could play in Magic tournaments with no trouble whatsoever. Where are you?
A mix of Selangor, Johore and Kelantan. In Johore I was out in the Kampung at my grandmother's so that was understandable, but Kajang (Selangor) is pretty big and close to KL, while Kota Bharu (Kelantan) is also very big. Kelantan is supposed to be extremely insular though.

In Kelantan I was at an international expo where not that many people spoke English. Only about half the general public could speak stilted English, and most of the rest, especially those over 40 or so, couldn't really speak or understand any. The stall owners had pretty bad English as well.

English is probably better in tourist spots and in international pastimes like MtG.

The squatting toilets aren't bad to actually use. Its things like trying to use a tap and saucepan to wash yourself that are different, and thus confusing and scary.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

This isn't particularly interesting (or personal), but it was such a stunning case of minor stupidity that I feel the need to share: the Adobe flash player installer deletes itself as soon as it is ran. Flash fails to install if you sneeze, and if you are not aware of this peculiar (read: stupid) behavior then you are left with neither a working copy of flash nor the installer to run it again. Someone seriously thought this was a good idea and deliberately spent time adding this 'feature'.

All in all a tiny inconvenience, but I seriously cannot imagine how this never got caught. Someone actually sat down and said, "cool idea: let's make the installer delete itself," and no one said, "yeah, but what if the installer throws an error and it needs to be run it again?"
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

I am aggravated that my Roommate's unemployed sister has been squatting at my house for months. I am angry that every time I have a problem with her her brother accuses me of not "treating her as an equal because she's a woman and you want to bang her". I am tired of her and her brother making out on the couch. But mostly, I am furious that I have been banned from mentioning anything sexual in her presence while she makes rape jokes and draws ejaculating dicks on every available surface.
Prak Anima wrote:Um, Frank, I believe you're missing the fact that the game is glorified spank material/foreplay.
Frank Trollman wrote:I don't think that is any excuse for a game to have bad mechanics.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Ted the Flayer wrote:I am tired of her and her brother making out on the couch.
wat
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

I wish with all my heart that was hyperbole. I really do. I am so very tired of vomitting in my own mouth.
Prak Anima wrote:Um, Frank, I believe you're missing the fact that the game is glorified spank material/foreplay.
Frank Trollman wrote:I don't think that is any excuse for a game to have bad mechanics.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

When do you move out, Ted?

Game On,
fbmf
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

September the 10th. And it can't come soon enough. Lord help that little weirdo if she draws even ONE dick on something I own...
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Something to help you through the wait: they're probably not as bad as the roommate you'd get in prison for murdering them.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

Indeed. And I can disappear and play Diablo 2 for hours.

I wish I could just talk with her, but she starts flipping shit at the drop of a hat, and her brothes will lie his ass off to emable her behavior.

Also, being accuse of wanting to have sex with her bothers me. She is built like a somalian refugee and acts like she's 10 despite being 23...
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

She's making out with her brother. Her idea of what is sexually normal is likely incredibly bizarre.
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

Chamomile wrote:She's making out with her brother. Her idea of what is sexually normal is likely incredibly bizarre.
I was told that I didn't understand because I don't have any sisters. I don't say this very often, but I don't WANT to understand...
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Ted the Flayer wrote:
Chamomile wrote:She's making out with her brother. Her idea of what is sexually normal is likely incredibly bizarre.
I was told that I didn't understand because I don't have any sisters. I don't say this very often, but I don't WANT to understand...
I have a sister, and I don't understand this either.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Mister_Sinister wrote:
Ted the Flayer wrote:
I have a sister, and I don't understand this either.
Nor do I, and I have two sisters.

I honestly think that no one understands what the fuck is going on with her, least of all her.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, I have only fraternal* love for my sister and half sister. This is not a "You'd understand it if you had a sibling" thing, this is a "These people are fucked in the head" thing. On the plus side, if you catch them fucking that's a criminal offence in many places.

*Is that the right word?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, fraternal is the right word, Koumei. That or platonic. On the other hand, if you'd said sororital love, we'd all be thinking something completely different, but only because it's you.

I don't know, I'm an only child, but my opinion on that stuff is "are they both consenting? Then I don't really give a shit."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

There's a lot of things I don't give a shit about, but there are considerably fewer things I want to witness personally...
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I was about to say "hey, maybe if you watch you can make them feel even more uncomfortable than you do" but then realized, with the other stuff, yeah, no...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Yeah... I've grown up with two older sisters and I've never had any such inkling. There is a live and let live aspect but the idea of what might happen if these two actually have sex and make a baby makes me want to cry.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

Some punk-ass kid threw a pack of firecrackers at me out of his car window while I was walking home.

I have been having a mini power struggle with the bums that are leeching off me about the trash can (which I might add predates both her, her mouthy bitch of a brother that was here first, and the roommate before that). Basically, they keep taking the lid off while I keep putting it back on.

Now, it's gone completely. I feel like getting my saw and sawing the thing in half just to prove my fucking point. I know, "going galt" is bad, but goddammit if I don't do something about this I'm going to fucking explode, and it's been decided that have no voice in this fucking apartment until I leave.
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

Koumei wrote:On the plus side, if you catch them fucking that's a criminal offence in many places.
Depends on what specifically they're doing. In Alabama, for instance, anal and oral sex with siblings is fine.
Amethyst_Butterfly
Apprentice

Post by Amethyst_Butterfly »

Ted the Flayer wrote: I have been having a mini power struggle with the bums that are leeching off me about the trash can (which I might add predates both her, her mouthy bitch of a brother that was here first, and the roommate before that). Basically, they keep taking the lid off while I keep putting it back on.
Ugh. I totally sympathize. The first apartment I had, 3 guys were living there that were not paying their rent, and they wouldn't even take out the trash. How did I solve it? I bought a house and moved the hell out... drastic? A few years later I had two other leeches living in my house, laying all over my living room. How did I solve that one? I sold the house and got a different one, hahaha. I hate lids on trashcans too, but I just cannot understand where moochers and leechers get off. Not only do they take advantage of the host, but they also thing they have the right to be in control of anything in the home?

I don't know the full story, but I hope you get it resolved quickly. It's a shitty situation when you are taken advantage of in your own home and can't relax and be happy when you are there.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I don't think my worst roommates match up to Ted's, but they were irritating as hell. They wouldn't replace garbage bags in my trashcan so as a compromise I told them they could put stuff in there without a bag so long as it wasn't wet so that I could just empty it into the dumpster without getting liquid crap on me. They failed to abide by that simple rule so I did go galt and just threw away the whole can since it was now nasty and I had no hose to clean it with and I was pissed and already at the dumpster.

I often would be gone over long weekends visiting my wife (then girlfriend) who went to college 120 miles away. One weekend I came back to discover a horrible smell that they said had been persisting for a few days. They didn't know where it was coming from because they couldn't be fucked to search for it. Useless. In under a minute I located rotten potatoes from the previous residents under the sink. God, few things smell as bad as rotten potatoes.

I let them use my mini fridge to store their beer in the living room. It was to be used for just fucking cans and bottled drinks. I come back one weekend to find hundreds and hundreds of dead fruit flies in the fridge along with all sorts of non-drink foods. "What the fuck is this?" "Oh, yeah, that's was already like that. We don't know what those are." Fucking useless.

I barely ever saw my roommates, but whenever I did, it was an aggravating as hell.
Ted the Flayer
Knight-Baron

Post by Ted the Flayer »

Erik, I've had that type of roommate before as well, and to be honest that's worse. My roommates might be unpleasant and creepy, but at least they're clean. And one of them actually has a job now, so the financial situation is clearing up. I'll actually be able to save some money before the move in September. I'm selling everything that I can't fit into a rented minivan and searching a more financially robust area.

Funny observation: Renting a Uhaul 1-way to where I need it? Just shy of a grand. Renting a minivan from Enterprise 1-way? About $70 a day.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Ted the Flayer wrote: Funny observation: Renting a Uhaul 1-way to where I need it? Just shy of a grand. Renting a minivan from Enterprise 1-way? About $70 a day.
Holy shit. It cost me to rent a Uhaul for a whole day, like 50 bucks with insurance (which was a good thing since I fucking scraped it into the gutters of the house and fucked up the paint job... that was an awesome moving day). Granted it wasn't 1-way, but that's craziness for it to cost so much extra.