Pretty Soldier Sailor Luna: Online OWoD interest scout

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Oh sure, wait for obsessive-compulsive Koumei to make a nice sheet with formatting, tables and such, then just use it as a template.

No, I don't actually care. And yes, character art is in the works.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Ah, fuck it, I'm making a Devil. Rectifying concepts with pack and werewolf politics bullshit was kinda making my head hurt and Koumei reminded me that the Demon player's guide has rules for sweet custom forms that bleed fire and stuff.
bears fall, everyone dies
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

What were you having difficulty with?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

My own hangups, really; the more I reviewed old werewolf fluff the more I would find myself thinking "Oh, right, I forgot that these guys are huge douche bags that essentially operate in cults." It made it hard to think of how my character could interact and relate with the other characters "behind the scenes."

But with a demon? It's pretty easy. For one thing, they have reasons to care about mortals and don't have a cultural mandate to murder the other PCs super hard, which is a plus. As a former Herald it's easy to imagine him as sliding between noble, idealistic and SUPER petty since that's their standard MO even before you factor in being influenced by the mortal shell of a teenage boy. And it's easy to imagine him at least having built in reasons to interact with Koumei's character since piecing together broken memories of the fall is a driving factor. That, and they can probably argue about which host had the better singing voices (probably the Lammasu but that doesn't mean he'd admit it). So I'm really grooving on that option now and can have a sheet up shortly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, that works.

Yeah, Garou society is filled to the brim with douchebags, which is why the last few years in the ongoing chronicle I played in we spent most of our time subverting the society and building better relations with other fera.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'll also get a proper background done some time in the near future. But a Devil to have a friendship-rivalry with sounds fun~

Also, as with most WoD games, most of this character is her mortal life (even if her mortal life technically came to an abrupt end). Like, she happily deals with supernatural politics and all, but cannot really fight yet, and at the end of the day is in it for the human side of things - making friends, solving the problems of her friends, passing school, finding romance, eating ice cream and cake, and all that. Instead of "I'm a DEMON! (and also a schoolgirl)" it's "I'm a MAGICAL (demonic) SCHOOLGIRL!"

Much like the Mage game was "I'm an ACROBAT! (who knows magic)"

Which provides a handy reason to stay in the area and not leave if trouble finds us: local friends, and changing schools is problematic.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

That actually almost sounds more Faustian, Koumei.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I'd rank my prospective character's sympathies like this:

1. Cryptics- D-E-F-A-U-L-T! Gooo Cryptics!
2. Faustians- They're results oriented, which is good, but the Age of Atrocities makes him a bit leery about any game plan that seems more concerned with the fallen's needs than with the needs of humanity.
3. Luciferans- As a Devil himself my character has much love for the Big L but has also had a long time to consider the idea that Glorious Leader may not in fact have all the answers even if he was found.
4. Reconcilers- Nice enough guys, but making friends with the faction that imprisoned you and doesn't even appear to be around anymore is a dumb plan. Besides, why the hell can't God just explain things for once?
5. Raveners- They're the obligatory pack of assholes faction. No thanks.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Hmm, possibly Faustian. I was thinking "Lucifer was right, stick with the original plan! Educate the masses and reveal ourselves and bring happiness!" but I suppose there is a Faustian side to her.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Name: Michael Silmoore (Lightning Kamen)
Sex: Male
Player: Chamomile
Campaign: Pretty Soldier Sailor Luna
Clan: Toreador
Nature: Penitent
Demeanour: Rebel
Hobbies: Fencing, chess, reading (especially sci-fi/fantasy), video games (especially RPGs)
Dislikes: Bullies, bright lights, people who talk too much
Favourite Food: Community college girls
Favourite Subject: English
Least Favourite Subject: Mathematics
Blood Type: B-
Birthdate: December 13th (Ophiuchus)
Favourite Colour: Red

Attributes:
Strength**Intelligence****Charisma*
Dexterity*****Wits**Manipulation**
Stamina***Perception**Appearance***

Abilities:
Alertness*Animal Ken-Academics**
Athletics-Crafts-Computer**
Brawl*Drive*Finance-
Dodge***Etiquette**Investigation***
Expression-Firearms***Law-
Empathy-Melee***Linguistics-
Intimidation-Performance-Medicine-
Leadership-Security**Occult-
Streetwise-Stealth**Politics-
Subterfuge***Survival-Science*

Backgrounds:
Generation***
Herd***
Resources***
Retainers****

Disciplines
Auspex-
Celerity**
Presence*

Virtues:
Conscience****
Self-Control***
Courage***
Humanity********
Willpower*******

Merits: Prestigious Sire
Flaws: Sire's Resentment, Child

Gear:
Haven in his Sire's eerie mansion at the outskirts of town
Daylight outfits are loose, baggy, and always include hoodie, gloves, and sunglasses
Nighttime outfit includes long red coat, awesome mask, dapper white gloves, late Victorian military aesthetic
A small collection of actual, working swords, one of which has been replaced with a blunt decoy while the real one is used for Lightning Kamen shenanigans
A fancy looking revolver
Assorted ostentatious knick-knacks and rich kid toys
School books/supplies
Small collection of classical literature prominently displayed in bedroom
Much larger collection of sci-fi/fantasy novels and shonen manga stashed in closet

Health Levels:
HealthyX+0
Bruised-+0
Hurt--1
Injured--1
Wounded--2
Maimed--2
Crippled--5
Incapacitated--

Freebie Points: Three dots in Subterfuge (6), 4 dots in Willpower (4), 1 dot in Humanity (1), 2 dots in Herd (2), 5 dots in Generation (5), 1 dot in Retainers (1)
Last edited by Chamomile on Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Koumei wrote:Hmm, possibly Faustian. I was thinking "Lucifer was right, stick with the original plan! Educate the masses and reveal ourselves and bring happiness!" but I suppose there is a Faustian side to her.
It's been a while since I read up, but if I recall, the Luciferians are more about finding Lucifer and letting him lead the charge again, hoping to defeat god in a final battle, while the Faustians are more about bettering mankind to foster the divine spark within them, to help mankind basically supplant god.

Looks pretty good, Cham, but I think I'm going to veto Generation 5. I'm not sure I like the idea of the vamp being able to spend 3 blood points a turn, Generation 3 is fine, but but no higher

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, that makes more sense. Faustian it is.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

The hilarious thing is, if you look at the Demon End Times scenarios, the Luciferians and Cryptics must not have been looking very hard, because he was on earth the whole time.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So here we have my somewhat unoriginal background. Unless "Was not a drug-addict/prostitute/suicide/rape victim" is worth originality points in WoD.

Aphrael:
Aphrael, as a Nereid, was one of the vocal supporters of Lucifer, long ago. She felt she could not merely manipulate the oceans to create images of splendour for people, nor could she simply provide inspiration. No, she needed to show them not sparks of ideas, but the whole picture that could stem from the ideas. In the war, she sent torrents of chilling rain to drench the angels, while causing insight and sparks of brilliance in the other forces, creating tactical ideas that she herself could not think of. But of course, it was not enough. Aphrael still feels betrayed by God, stung by His cruelty, and refuses to make amends. But rather than dwell on the past, she feels the original plan was still right, and that the best course of action is to join humanity: humans were so blessed and special, and now she truly can get closer, indeed, she can almost become human and live amongst humans and show them the things she could see in Creation.

Megan Cartwright:
Megan was a pretty good girl - perhaps not the most motivated, but still, she had ideas and plans, and wanted to see them come to fruition. So she plodded along in her less interesting classes, all for the sake of being able to pass school and thus achieve her goals that lay in music and art. Her dreams lay in being a great singer-dancer-musician, and she often went out for a few days at a time to go hiking or camping or otherwise head to somewhat isolated places where she could get inspiration from nature.

It was on one such trip that she died. All of those dreams, hopes and ambitions, gone in an instant. Her soul had not been utterly crushed by her time in school, nor by parents that, while understanding and supportive, really would have preferred she stay focused on a more "realistic" job. Not even by the dawning realisation that nobody ever achieved their dreams but had to soak in mundanity. She still had some hope. But then she died. The tree seemed safe to climb, but she was not to know that, thanks to land erosion, the ground beneath it was not particularly stable. The earth shifted, the tree wobbled, and her branch split from the trunk, sending her falling. When the back of her head hit the ground, everything went dark.

But that was not the end.

It was just the right moment. One found the other. The being that was Aphrael and the soul of Megan met halfway and fused. They became one, Aphrael following the trail from Megan's soul to her body, and taking it with her to find new life.

When she arrived home, it was several hours later than expected, she was wet, muddy, and bleeding from the scalp. The hospital staff were amazed that no harm seemed to have occurred - there was bruising, there was bleeding, and there was a fracture along the skull. But the damage looked worse than it was, apparently her brain was unharmed.

It was not the end. It was the beginning.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

So, am I the only Werewolf?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Looks like it. I have one more person who may play, I'm just waiting to hear from her once she's had a chance to look at the thread. Not sure what she'll play though.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Okay, so given that I might actually be the only werewolf (or I'm at least in the minority) how werewolf-focused will this thing be? I ask because I'm planning on taking Pure Breed as a Background, to represent the fact that his family are all high-falutin Silver Fangs (although he doesn't talk about them unless he has to), and that's going to be precisely fuck-all use if we're not dealing with werewolves on a regular basis, since we've got a demon, a something, a vampire, and a something else.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Mostly all the generation points were just so that his sire could be bigger and scarier. The mechanics were all concept driven since it's White Wolf and nothing's going to be balanced anyway. I shuffled the spare points over into Herd and Retainers.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Actually, if I remember correctly Pure Breed doesn't work unless you stay within the tribe where it counts for something. It's as much about tradition as it is having a shiny coat.
bears fall, everyone dies
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

It pretty much works regardless of tribe- your ancestor having done something cool is worth something whether your're talking with Glass Walkers or Wendigos.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Here's Mr. Teacher!

Name: Thomas William Branagh III (Tom, for short)
Sex: Male
Player: Korgan0
Campaign: Pretty Soldier Sailor Luna
Breed: Homid
Tribe: Children of Gaia
Auspice: Theurge
Hobbies: Hiking, communing with nature, reading about the environment, jamming at the local cafe, vegan cooking, protesting corporate exploiation
Dislikes: Stuck-up rich people, pollution, people who don't understand why the environment is worth protecting
Favourite Food: Veggie burgers
Blood Type: AB
Birthdate: 13th of February
Favourite Colour: Dark Blue

Attributes:
Strength**Intelligence***Charisma**** (Easygoing Charm)
Dexterity**Wits***Manipulation**** (Creating False Impressions
Stamina**Perception**Appearance**

Abilities:
Alertness-Animal Ken*Academics-
Athletics**Crafts-Computer-
Awareness-Demolitions-Finance-
Brawl*Drive*Investigation*
Dodge*Etiquette***Rituals**
Empathy**** (Inner Turmoil)Firearms-Linguistics-
Expression**** (Convincing Rhetoric)Melee-Medicine*
Intimidation-Performance-Occult*
Primal Urge**Security-Politics-
Leadership-Stealth-Religion-
Streetwise-Survival***Research-
Subterfuge***Technology-Science***

Backgrounds:
Pure Breed**
Resources**
Rites***

Flaws
Curious (Wits roll difficulty set by ST to not indulge curiosity)
No Partial Transformation

Archetype
Demeanor: Caregiver- regain WP when I nurture or protect someone else.
Nature: Builder- regain WP when I establish something of lasting value

Gifts
Persuasion (9 dice)
Spirit Speech
Mother's Touch (4 dice)

Rites
Rite of Cleansing (6 dice)
Rite of the Questing Stone (5 dice)
Rite of Binding (4 dice)

Rage: 2 [2 Temporary]
Gnosis: 3 [3 Temporary]
Willpower: 4 [4 Temporary]
Initiative: +5

Gear:
Small apartment, decorated with various "tribal" motifs
Stash of weed
Beat-up acoustic guitar
Hiking gear
1995 Honda Accord
2 shabby suits
old Powerbook
Back-issues of ecology journals
stuff for rituals

Health Levels:
HealthyX+0
Bruised-+0
Hurt--1
Injured--1
Wounded--2
Maimed--2
Crippled--5
Incapacitated--

(18 Freebies (3 from flaws), 2 to knowledge, 3 to talents, 4 to gnosis, 2 to backgrounds)

Okay. Firstly, I'm intending this guy to function as a combination face+magic dude, but my Gnosis is ridiculously low since I'm a Homid. Is there any way for me to fix that, short of spending freebie points? Also, I'm supposed to have a high willpower, but the CoG have the highest willpower out of all the tribes, which gives me a willpower of 4. Secondly, I couldn't find a Flaws/merits section in the rulebook- am I just an idiot or is there something going on that I don't know about? Thirdly, this is seriously my first time making a WoD character, so if there's something I've missed or something that I should have then please call me out on it.

edit: I missed drive costing an extra freebie, but since he's a teacher, I don't think it's that big of a deal. If he makes a habit out of driving students around he'd certainly get looked at strangely, so I guess that's a balancing factor.
Last edited by Korgan0 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I edited this which broke the formatting so I'm deleting this now because it was irrelevant crap anyway.
Last edited by Whipstitch on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Korgan0 wrote:...
Favourite Food: Veggie burgers
Let me put it this way, you can take Pure Breed, but it will mean precisely dick outside of the CoG because the other tribes consider you a disgrace to your ancestor (which is essentially what you were going for, right?)

@Cham: Cool. There are other ways for your elder to be bigger and scarier, though.

Re: Merits/Flaws
While I could say "hey everyone, use this book" that doesn't quite work, because of the multi-splat nature of the game. Mages seriously have merits that are "I have a buddy from another splat." Werewolves just take Allies to have werewolf buddies, and ditto other splats. So what I'm going to say is pick merits/flaws from any of Demon, Werewolf, Changeling, Vampire or Mage, keeping in mind that some won't really apply to your splat, and that you should really, generally, stick to the Supernatural stuff from your own book (Player's Guide for werewolves and Demons). I realize there will be cost discrepancies. I'm going to have to go through and check everything out anyway, so you can run cost discrepancies by me and I'll make a decision. Yes it's borderline MTP, but such is WoD.

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Okay, couple of questions regarding merits/flaws and having a secret identity, since the true identity of Lightning Kamen is kept secret even from other supernaturals.

-Michael Silmoore definitely has a prestigious sire, but Lightning Kamen's is unknown, so should I give him the relevant merit?

-Lightning Kamen's activities are very obviously directed against his sire, but his sire doesn't know that Lightning Kamen is his childe. Does that count as having Sire's Resentment?

-Michael's nearly suffering from split personality. As a high school student, he's a shy nerd who gets picked on a lot and just kind of puts up with it. As the childe of an important Pentex dude, he's more poised and refined but still pretty much does as he's told (albeit with perhaps some grumbling), including draining people dry if his sire presses the issue. As Lightning Kamen, he takes absolutely no shit from anybody. So, the flaw Shy absolutely applies to two of those three personalities, but when he puts on the Kamen mask he gets way more confident. That's the crux of the character so far. Lightning Kamen is almost fanatical in his quest for vengeance, but Michael eats dinner with his sire at least once or twice a week and doesn't ever flip out and try to murder him. Does that count as the Vengeful flaw? Lightning Kamen has a Code of Honor that he wouldn't violate to save his life (including taking off his mask and doing it as Michael instead), but Michael's required to violate it whenever his sire demands it, which probably isn't going to be too infrequently. And so on and so forth. Right now I'm operating under the assumption that if it fundamentally cannot affect half his personality, it doesn't count.

-How exactly does Enemy work? Lightning Kamen very obviously has made an enemy likely worth one or two points, in that he's going after a fairly powerful vampire who also works for a Pentex subsidiary. Getting character points for being opposed to Pentex is very obviously broken when Pentex is the main villain, though. At the same time, it's WoD and broken is par for course, so.

-The cut-off for Child in the Vampire book is ten years old, and comes with significant limitations on your physical stats. Is the Werewolf version different?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Growing up in a gated community with her parents, the girl who would eventually be known as Amelia Kino had a love of knowledge and nature drilled into her from a young age by her mother. Unfortunately, peace and innocence must eventually come to an end, especially when you’re the genetically engineered daughter of a Progenitor doctor who defects from the Technocracy. Being chased by horrible genetically engineered monsters created by Science Wizards who want to light everybody’s angel souls on fire tends to be bad for your peace and innocence, strangely.

After being safeguarded for a few years by a cabal of Virtual Adepts, having her brain recalibrated at least five times, and being initiated into a Tradition of people who do math at the universe to make magic happen, she and her mother emerged from their haven in the Digital Web to start a new life in <whatever the town’s name is>. Now, poorly socialized and touched by crazy science magic at an early age, she finds herself struggling to find friendship and hope to help light the way through a World… of Darkness.

Also, I realized that I should have a henshin rote, so I did that instead of combat healing for now.

On the “it’s a crossover what is going on” front, how is Sphere magic going to interact with everybody physiology-wise? I’m mostly concerned about beneficial direct Life sphere effects, since I can rely on indirect stuff for hurting people and crossover material from Mage indicates that without conjunctional Matter (vamps) or Spirit (wolves), successes are halved at best. I haven’t read much of D:tF beyond the intro blurb but it *sounds* like Koumei’s character is traditionally “alive” and thus easier to patch up.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.