PSSL IC Chat thread

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

(let's move the ooc discussion to the original thread.)
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Concerned about the fact that something so malicious is spreading - and that there are few who have the kind of defences that she does - Megan makes sure to call Amelia about the Sirine make-up.

"Hey, Amy? It's Megan here, from school. I have bad news, there's something big out there, and pretty much targeting like half the school."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Prak_Anima wrote:"Welllllll you might not want to kill spiders you see around the school. The other garou keep to themselves, for the most part. Got some fianna, some glass walkers, and some bone gnawers. The last take it as a kindness if you toss the copious bums around some scratch when they hit you up. They'll occasionally come by here too. Oh, and watch out for sharks in the bay."
Okay, thanks man. You've been, like, a massive help. Hey, if any of those other garou come around, uh, can you do me a favour and tell them I'm hanging out around here? I've never been a big fan of other garou thinking I'm some kinda outcast or something and shaking me down, and, uh, stuff like that. Oh, here's my phone number in case there's anything you want, or if there's a moot that you can invite me too, or anything like that. Bye, man.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

"Targeting half the school as in a major conspiracy targeting the population? Or the physical grounds of the school? My Computer reported that most of the school was filled with some sort of... baneful spirits? Could that be related?"
Last edited by Quantumboost on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

@Korgan
"Sure man."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"...uh oh. This sounds pretty big. Okay, I put some make-up on that the cheerleaders gave me, and a vanity spirit tried to possess me. Good thing this bod is already occupied.

Apparently it's being done on a factory level, too. This isn't one instance of sabotage or one really vain cheerleader subconsciously creating it, but Sirine actually producing something to prey on weaknesses and bring malevolent forces into the world. Think we can get them stormed by environmentalists by claiming they test their products on pandas or something?"
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

"Maybe. Or Void Engineers, though that could backfire horribly. They're supposed to fight 'dimensional invaders', which... sort of includes you. Oh! Or the werewolves! And Spiderman, he's a superhero! And maybe you could talk to the scary mouth person?"
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"Yeah, I'll definitely talk to him about it. This looks like a major thing, after all. So what's this about bane spirits? Are they in the area, or possessing students or objects?"
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

"I'm not sure, the information was vague at best. Apparently they've made the entire area unsafe for non-Banes except for the Principal's office, the Library, Sepulk's room, and the area where that larger presence was. Those aren't necessarily pleasant, just safe. There may be a common thread to the last three now that I think of it...

Oh! Right! The Ecology teacher is is a werewolf, they're pretty excited about that. Should I maybe talk to him while you ask that one boy?"
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"That's a good idea - and if he's a teacher, that's even more useful. We can form a team with the others to look at both of these matters... they might be linked."
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

"Alright, I'll keep an eye out for him, and get back to you with any news. Amy out."

I'll take a walk around town on a daily basis before school begins with p
Life/Correspondence senses up, since I have a genetic scan of Mr. Branagh on file and can identify him with that.

Additionally, unless and until something else comes up, I'm going to spend free time throughout the week working on a design for neural input trodes in the shape of a Sailor Moon tiara. With Bluetooth! And encryption! ((Will post Re: Inventing action in OOC thread))
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

((Anyone with Occult, or actual Werewolf Lore, or whatever it's called, can make an Int+Occult/WWLore, diff. 8 for Occult, diff 6 for WWLore))

((Edit:Oh, and a separate Int+Occult roll can be made, diff 7, for something else. Also the demons, once Isaac hears all about this, can make Int+Legacy rolls, diff 7 instead of, or in addition to the second Int+Occult))
Last edited by Prak on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

After my visit with the theurge, I'm probably just going to head home, work on some lesson plans, do some yoga, read part of a novel, then go to bed.

As for time throughout the week, I'd probably spend most of it at the local hippie cafe (we are in Portland so there are probably dozens) or going hiking, along with shopping at the local organic store, or whatever flea market-type things are going on.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Well, the hippy types of Portland tend to congregate around Whole Foods. Which is ridiculously pricey. But you could do your grocery shopping there.

So, yeah, the life scan pings a lot of background supernaturals as you walk around. Lots of spirits, but they're pretty much ubiquitous anyway, some demons, some vampires, etc. Pretty much Portland has an industrial section, a high end retail area called the Pearl (there's lots of affordable places their too, but it's pretty sparkly and has a lot of designer type stores as anchors), and then a cheaper, sprawling area with lots of common retail, apartments, etc. ((See OOC thread))

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

((Uh, well, Life scans without Spirit added in shouldn't be picking up spirits that aren't also alive in the "traditional" sense - i.e. werewolves and the like - and probably can't distinguish between a biologically human body with a normal human soul and a biologically human body with a Demon in it. But if you want to say my Computer's scanning Spirit densities during the walks/searches that's fine too.

I should have said this in more detail earlier, but what I was going for was doing an area pattern-match on Life patterns within about a block and displaying matches on, say, an FPS-style tracking display on Amy's glasses. So that she'd see whether anyone she had the gene-codes for was around, like her mom, Megan, Thomas, or any of the three other known Mages.))
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

[I'm not sure if I can make the rolls or not, but if I can then I botched the one that I could use werewolf lore for and got one success for the other one.]
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

((er, right. Yeah, so you don't pick up the spirits.))

Ok, so other than that, yeah, you see the teachers around. Lilan is at a computer cafe called Backspace as you're wandering around, your scan will pick up Rowles in a place called Ground Kontrol, peering into the windows, you see lots of classic arcade games, but can't go in because it's a bar after 7pm, when he's there. You don't pick up Smith, and you'll probably catch Thomas as he's walking around for a hippy cafe or grabbing groceries.
Waiting to find out what Megan's doing.

((on the rolls, it was more for people who are aware of the supernatural pressences type presences in the school. Do you actually have Garou/Shapechanger Lore, Korgan? Er, I should clarify, it's a specific Knowledge.))
Last edited by Prak on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Prak_Anima wrote:((er, right. Yeah, so you don't pick up the spirits.))

Ok, so other than that, yeah, you see the teachers around. Lilan is at a computer cafe called Backspace as you're wandering around, your scan will pick up Rowles in a place called Ground Kontrol, peering into the windows, you see lots of classic arcade games, but can't go in because it's a bar after 7pm, when he's there. You don't pick up Smith, and you'll probably catch Thomas as he's walking around for a hippy cafe or grabbing groceries.
Waiting to find out what Megan's doing.

((on the rolls, it was more for people who are aware of the supernatural pressences type presences in the school. Do you actually have Garou/Shapechanger Lore, Korgan? Er, I should clarify, it's a specific Knowledge.))
[No, and it doesn't appear in the revised Werewolf Rulebook. I do have Occult, though, one dot of it.]
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I will attempt to join Thomas at a café table when he's sitting alone, though still a little nervous. "Um, Mr. Branagh? I'm Amelia Kino, I'm starting at Marv Wolf man High this next week, can we talk? It's about a... situation at the school."
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

"Oh, yeah, sure Amelia. What seems to be the problem? If you're having trouble with your homework or your peers, I think the guidance counselor might be a better choice, but I'll happily listen to what you have to say."

edit: [I don't know that any of the other students know I'm a werewolf, right?]
Last edited by Korgan0 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

"The guidance counselor would possibly be the worst person to talk to about this...

Um, essentially, I noticed some odd results from some scans I did of the campus, and when my Familiar inquired about the matter, it was informed of extreme concentrations of malevolent baneful... things. And a fellow... ah... 魔法少女 is the usual term? Used some 'Sirine' cosmetics, one apparently tried to possess her, but failed due to her metaphysical nature. And none of that sounds at all healthy and we'd really like to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen, so we want to help out in any way we can. And I figured we'd check with you first because it would be great to have someone to help who is less susceptible to death from bullets and blunt trauma and we don't want to step on the toes of anybody who turns into a giant furry engine of death.

So... ah... that's the situation."
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

(So, I don't know if Michael's in a position to be making those Int+Occult checks, but he succeeded with two successes on the diff. 7 check and botched the diff. 8 check if he is.)

That night, Lightning Kamen is going to talk to his informant in the school (whose name I have just randomly generated: Matthew Demartino) and tell him what sort of things to look out for in the school's occult club, and instructs him to try and assume some sort of leadership position if possible so that he can direct the occult club to investigate things which would be helpful to their efforts to purge the city of the rapacious vampire menace. Lightning Kamen will help filter along stunningly accurate local occult information (i.e. stuff he knows as an actual local supernatural, but not really anything more since he has no dots in Occult) to Matthew in order to help get him some status and respectability within the club.

Also if he happens to stumble across anything suspicious, it'd be cool to know about that, but I don't think any of my groupies are going to turn up anything except as a result of a specific investigation I send them on.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

((The checks were only for people aware of the supernatural presences at the school, sorry, should have said that. Thomas is unaware that anyone knows he's a werewolf.))

((However, now Korgan can make an Int+Occult roll, diff 6, since Amelia told him about the baneful presences, as well as an Int+...politics, I guess, diff 8

((The club is actually the Magic club. Members may slip and call it the occult club from time to time, but the booth and everything called it the Magic Club. Your informant will go check it out.))

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Okay, Megan doesn't have Isaac's contact details, so basically she's going to be doing two things:
1. Hanging around the mall/shopping district, just looking around and also checking the area for demonic forces (Perception+Awareness pool is 4, Int+Legacy is 3, I'm at work so I only have a few d6 with me that somhow ended up in my pocket. Can you roll 'em?)
2. Wandering about the school in the hopes of seeing him so I can seriously walk right up and whisper "I'm L""I am an angel too, we need to talk".
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Quantumboost wrote:"The guidance counselor would possibly be the worst person to talk to about this...

Um, essentially, I noticed some odd results from some scans I did of the campus, and when my Familiar inquired about the matter, it was informed of extreme concentrations of malevolent baneful... things. And a fellow... ah... 魔法少女 is the usual term? Used some 'Sirine' cosmetics, one apparently tried to possess her, but failed due to her metaphysical nature. And none of that sounds at all healthy and we'd really like to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen, so we want to help out in any way we can. And I figured we'd check with you first because it would be great to have someone to help who is less susceptible to death from bullets and blunt trauma and we don't want to step on the toes of anybody who turns into a giant furry engine of death.

So... ah... that's the situation."
Wait. So, you know I'm a werewolf? Damn, man, I was hoping to keep it quiet from the student body. And wait, hold on, you're some kind of mage or something? Okay. So the school's full of, like, evil spirits, and these cosmetics are trying to, uh, possess people. Okay. This is bad. I mean, this is really really bad. I'm new to this whole, like, being a werewolf thing, and I'm really new to this whole fighting the wyrm and talking with spirits thing, so, uh, I guess I can help you out. Here's my phone number, and you may as well give it to uh, this other girl so we can stay in touch and figure this stuff out. I'll go talk to my werewolf friends and see if they know anything about these supposed harmful spirits, and if that doesn't work I can take a trip into the spirit world and, uh figure out what's going on. Oh, I should warn you, I'm really not that good at the whole being a furry death monster thing, I mean, uh, I don't really know how to fight and it's been a long time since I shifted Crinos. So, yeah. Uh, I guess we have a plan of sorts. We should probably find some more people to help us, though. You know the student body way better than me. Can you ask around and see if there's anyone else who knows what they're doing? Da