Forbidden Topics on WotC

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

tzor
Prince

Re: Forbidden Topics on WotC

Post by tzor »

Jacob_Orlove at [unixtime wrote:1195683546[/unixtime]]Sure they do. It's called "change your username, pretend you're not the same person, and keep posting".

They will actually tell you to do this when they ban you.

I know. There are many varieties of the "don't ask / don't tell policy." For me I go nuclear at the very thought of this.

Let's take me. I'm tzor. I've been tzor ever since my Island of Kesmai days in 1989. It's on my fucking car's license plate for god's sake! If I ever had to go on an account to a place where I was before with the stipulation that I could never ever reveal I was actually tzor it would be the same for me as having to never admit I'm a guy, or I sing tenor in barbershop or that I went to R.P.I. from 1979-1983. I would rather never come back than live a lie. The offical policy is pure bull shit.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

yeah, but backmasking an old name is a good way to get around it... my current username at wotc is Dam_Eht-karp, back masked from "Prak, the Mad". I'm pissed that i lost my Hitchhiker's guide reference, but 'eh.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

tzor wrote:I'm tzor. I've been tzor ever since my Island of Kesmai days in 1989.

I hear ya. Maj (or Majik) has been a real life nick name for me since I was in high school (15 years). I wouldn't want to return as someone else if banned.

Prak wrote:yeah, but backmasking an old name is a good way to get around it...

So if I ever got banned, I could come back as Jam?

;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

yeah, and innocent enough so as to not arrouse suspiscion immediately. however when Sulaco got banned, he came back as Ocalus and had in his sig "think backwards". I believe he got banned once again. Vestigial Thumb has been banned several times and once came back Bmuht_laigitsev, I believe.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

If I got banned of WotC I'd probably just not come back.

They're not doing me a favor by letting me post, I'm doing them a favor by posting there.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Damn straight, they should be paying us money for improving the quality not only of their site, but their very lives with our divine presence and posts of sheer excellence ;)

I hardly go there at all now, and being banned would simply make me ask myself "Can I be arsed making another username, going through all the registration bullshit again?"

The answer would be "No".

Besides, if I did get banned, it'd probably be for an easy mistake anyone can make, like accidentally hitting the "Tell the OP they're a (random expletive insult of choice) and that I fucked their mum" button instead of the "Back" button.

Do you know how easy it is to make that mistake?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1195701441[/unixtime]]But if she played 40K, it'd be the Pretty Marines).

Is this...is this a real thing?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That depends on your definition of real. It isn't supported by GW, if that's what you mean. But enough individual fans like them, just like the Angry Marines (except the Angry Marines actually have people collecting them and posting pics).

http://jaekyu.deviantart.com/art/Pretty ... r][br]They were going to call them "Gay Marines", but realised that people might confuse them with Dark Angels. ZING!
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The original founding chapters list includes the "Rainbow Warriors" who put tie-dye gayness all over their power armor. The latest version simply has a mark by the inquisition to not talk about them with no explanation in the book. But yeah, the Rainbow marines are totally real. More real than the Black Templars in any case.

-Username17
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

That's pretty neat. I'm gonna go look up Angry Marines now.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Koumei, that rocks. Bookmarked that Dev page for lulz.
Anyone with pink skeletons and "Pretty Marines" has my respect, especially for being outnumbered about 50 to 1 by the more numerous mouthbreathing, sweaty, loud, obsessive male variety of Warhammer gamers.
Or maybe I've just had some.. unpleasant... experiences.

And I have yet to meet more than 1 female Warhammer gamer in 12 years; the daughter of my local gaming store's owner. She doesn't play anymore, though.

For reasons mentioned previously.

But official Rainbow Marines... wow.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1195701441[/unixtime]]But I approve of anything that upsets Eldar fanboys. Though I'd imagine there being far more Eldar fangirls due to the "gay elf" obsession that LotR produced.

I have in fact never met a male Eldar player. I did meet a male Dark Eldar player though.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Woah, I never knew of the Rainbow Marines.

And why don't the Black Templars exist?

The store I go to has, from what I've seen, a bunch of young teenagers, a bunch of really skinny guys, a few who fit the stereotype, the owner (I think he's sort of middle-aged. Friendly enough, though), and then there's me. But I don't actually hang around that long, mostly because I never have the time. My dog panics if I leave home too long. Like, two minutes.

Angry Marines are seriously awesome. The power fists are all converted to be giving people the finger, half the hero units are ripping people apart (yes, "Rip and tear" is a battlecry. So is "Hey fuck you, dipshit!"), the dreadnoughts have very angry faces painted on (and the message "Fuck you") and they have a special vehicle: it's a transport unit that launches the marines themselves.

Oh, and one of the best Marine minis I've ever seen: he's holding a plasma pistol, pointing it at something, but looking away with his spare hand (it's the "steadying the rocket launcher" arm, for those who collect) shielding his face.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1195725983[/unixtime]]
I have in fact never met a male Eldar player. I did meet a male Dark Eldar player though.

I'm only surprised because of the fact that I know so few female wargamers (yet heaps of roleplayers). Eldar are clearly designed for Yaoi fangirls, even more than the Weeaboo army.

My sister used to collect Dark Eldar, but stopped around the time I stopped collecting Marines. Just yesterday, she bought a handful of minis just to paint up - specifically for decoration (Harlequins, a Dark Eldar thing, gargoyles and the Living Saint Celestin - I'm the Sisters of Battle player and I don't have her -_-).
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1195694831[/unixtime]]Rocks defeating Eldar is awesome because it gets nerds all upset.

It gets more annoying after the first time a bunch of angry nerds make pages of their lame rants. Think katana threads, those used to amuse me.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Best and funniest WH40k related pic from that Dev gallery:

http://jaekyu.deviantart.com/art/Ghazgh ... r-61922108
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Prak_Anima at [unixtime wrote:1195707122[/unixtime]]yeah, and innocent enough so as to not arrouse suspiscion immediately. however when Sulaco got banned, he came back as Ocalus and had in his sig "think backwards". I believe he got banned once again. Vestigial Thumb has been banned several times and once came back Bmuht_laigitsev, I believe.

Why were Vestigal Thumb and Sulaco banned?
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I'm not sure why Vestigial Thumb got banned the first time, but he kept coming back and arguing with WizO Cat until they ISP banned him.

Sulaco, I'm going to guess it has something to do with the fact he's a giant douchebag.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Count Arioch, your Wil Ferrel avatar is hitting the cowbell in perfect time with the song that I'm playing in winamp right now.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Odd, I thought Thumb was one of the smarter ones. Or maybe he just said something I agreed with, once.

...wait, being smart is a bannable offence, there.
Fuzzy_logic
Journeyman

Post by Fuzzy_logic »

At least once Vestigial Thumb got into a bizzarre flamewar.

Someone insulted him for no reason and Vestigial retorted by accusing the man of being prejudiced against the mentally ill. Then he explained, in detail, his mental ilnesses. Then stuff got really weird...
Nereas
NPC

Post by Nereas »

I remember a few chagrined comments from VT as to how he was a total asshole a few years ago and now felt really embarrassed about it.
Which is a point in his favour - I can't think of many times I've seen any forumite admit to douchebaggery.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Someone apologised to me once, and I to them, on the WotC boards. It seemed awkward, so we agreed to pretend it didn't happen. Because the correct response to a point proving you wrong isn't "Wow, you're right." or "Sorry, looks like I was wrong."

It's "[EDITED]."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1195718144[/unixtime]]That depends on your definition of real. It isn't supported by GW, if that's what you mean. But enough individual fans like them, just like the Angry Marines (except the Angry Marines actually have people collecting them and posting pics).

http://jaekyu.deviantart.com/art/Pretty ... r][br]They were going to call them "Gay Marines", but realised that people might confuse them with Dark Angels. ZING!

ok, that's fucking hilarious... If I ever actually get into Warhammer, I'm going to do a pretty marine army... I'm also going to do an angry marine army, but... and I find it hilarious that the sword in the first picture looks like a giant rubber dildo... I imagine it's supposed to be remeniscient of a katana, but it just doesn't fucking work...

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

When I did play, I painted my space marines with Enchanted Blue as the main colour, Tentacle Pink as the complementary colour, and Sinning Gold as the metal. It creeped many of the other players out, especially when I won battles. (Out numbering Nids with pink is fun.)

I say go for it, although some people will refuse to play with you 'cause you're army is "out of character".
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456