Pretty Soldier Sailor Luna: Online OWoD interest scout

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

If you're looking for inspiration for eco-friendly shopping spots I would say the People's Food Co-op looks promising. The green features in particular make it look like it could easily be a cover for Glass Walker City Farmers looking to hide Rite of Growth gardens in plain sight. Worst case scenario is that you join up and find out that the tai chi and yoga classes aren't taught by kinfolk.

With school districts being what they are I think Isaac will live in Beaverton as well. Besides, google says there's several Beaverton stops on the MAX light rail so with a TriMet youth pass it should be relatively easy to go to events in downtown Portland regardless.

Anyway, important question that I somehow completely forgot to ask: Other than the other PCs and the jealous guy, is there anyone Isaac is certain saw his transformation? Because while I figure Isaac took off and went home after all that crap hit the fan he'll certainly be on the lookout for people who seem unusually interested in him. Also, I did sign up for the outdoor club, so between that and being a teacher I would think Thomas could probably hook people up with his contact information. Otherwise I think it'd make the most sense if Isaac was laying low, for the most part.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Thanks, Whipstitch, that seriously sounds perfect.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Just a heads-up, this weekend I'm staying at my sister's place. There's Internet access, but it's really bad access so I make no promises about being able to sign into the website.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

This weekend isn't optimal for me either; could we shift it into the future by a day or two?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Well, I'm no longer in Adelaide tomorrow so I can play as normal, and I can't really push the game forward - one day is a different game I play, two days is a workday.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Unless an additional player has difficulty tomorrow, we'll continue as planned, unless everyone's okay with skipping a week, in which case I could use a day of hanging out at Starbucks without having to be somewhere doing something... Or we could pull the game back a couple days (Wednesday stateside, early Thursday in Australia, I think), which if people want to do is ok by me as well.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Thursday doesn't work for me - I work on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well, then we're locked on Friday stateside/Saturday Australia then.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I can't make it tomorrow, sorry guys. My grandfather's getting old, and I'd like to spend as much time with him as possible before I head back to the states, and the weekends are the only real time I can do that, and I can't justify consistently playing saturdays. Next week might work better, but we'll wait and see.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Sorry to hear, but understand completely. We'll catch you up.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So I think I'm actually going to call off the game tonight, because my computer just shut down due to overheating twice in about twenty minutes. I'm posting from my netbook, at the moment, and I'm not sure it could handle roll20. Hopefully my computer won't be as overheated next week.

ok, so I tried roll20 on my netbook. It sort of works, and keyboard issues could be solved by plugging my normal keyboard in, but the scripts for r20 would probably seriously bog down my netbook, as they did when I opened the chat. As well, there's the issue that the majority of my reference material is on my desktop... so, we can advance the plot tonight a bit via IC thread, but full game is called for this week.
Last edited by Prak on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

For clarification: Next week realtime we're having the roll20 session at an in-game time of the first school day? So anything in the IC thread is still during the week beforehand?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I forgot to mention since the session seemed to have sort of fallen out. But I had a minor surgery on that particular game day immediately before the game, and while it was short enough that I probably could've showed up only about a half-hour too late, it was, y'know, surgery. I needed time to recover. Hell, I've been on this machine twenty minutes and I already think maybe I should lie down...
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well, looks like it's a good thing my computer overheated.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Damn, this ended up working out perfectly.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Okay, so I am reasonably sure I know what's wrong with the IRC on this machine, and also reasonably sure I can talk the person who actually owns it into letting me fiddle around with the inner workings of security stuff to actually fix it. But it would mean asking a favor from someone who is already letting me use what is actually his machine ten times more often than he does. And he has a mortal fear that tinkering with the magic internet box will stir up evil spirits and stop the little demon who lives inside from giving him his internet anymore, so it is something I would actually have to talk to him about, and it would be uncomfortable for me to do that, because I really don't like being in this sort of position.

However, if anyone is really, really irritated by roll20, it's not like this is going to collapse our friendship and end in murder-suicide or anything, and I am about 70% sure that I will be able to switch to IRC if I can fiddle around with firewall stuff. So. How are you guys feeling about roll20?
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I don't mind it so far, but then again as a player very little is asked of me. I have no idea how fiddly things are on Prak's end, so ultimately it should remain his call. Plus, I would think that IRC would be easier for his netbook to handle and that could become a factor if it turns out his overheating issue can't be fixed by just dusting the heat sink.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Yeah, I'm fine with roll20, but I don't know how hard it is for Prak either. I have no idea how to IRC but I can probably figure it out easily.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Here at home I'm fine with roll20, really. Every second weekend I'll be visiting my sister, and the Internet barely lets me use firefox normally - even IRC is kind of iffy (apparently it works okay when it's just her, so presumably the infrastructure can only handle one connection). I have my doubts that roll20 will work at all.

But I guess I'll find out when the time comes.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Roll20 works just fine. IRC on netbook would still have an issue of "books are on desktop," but that can be mitigated. I actually kind of like roll20 for running a game, so no worries.

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

While roll20 is slightly more difficult for me when I'm not at home (mostly due to Adobe not supporting flash on my 'droid-tech), that won't *matter* for the next couple weeks and the other features it has over IRC are pretty convenient.

So, I'm on the side of "fine with what we've been doing".
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

We're on for tomorrow, right?

@Prak: I know I got experience for attendance, but I didn't get confirmation on my concept and learning curve. My concept/curve post was here if you need a refresher.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'm home this weekend so I'll be ready to game.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I'll be ready, just need final confirmation from Prak about downtime stuff. Technical difficulties should be nil since I have the whole day free.

Edit: fucking autocorrect
Last edited by Quantumboost on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.