Pretty Soldier Sailor Luna: Online OWoD interest scout

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Just a reminder that tomorrow I'm at my sister's house, so there might (or might not) be Internet problems.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Now might be a bad time to be checking to make sure I still have the times right, but game on in about one hour, right?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

er... no... game about four hours and fifteen minutes from the time of this post.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I suck at time zones.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

And I'm working on the assumption that roll20 isn't fucked up today. At least until we find out it is...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Well, I foresee a problem with some future game sessions. Okay, I slept in (and once you wake up an hour after the game starts, it's all so easy to go "Well I'm late anyway" and sleep the next hour), but then after... yeah. And that's without clogging things up by trying to also run IRC or anything.

So next weekend I'm home again, and the weekend after that we'll see.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

So, could someone give me a quick recap? I should have a character ready for next time, and I'll be good to go.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Most of the session was spent handling stuff within our clubs, extracurriculars and magical crafting, so for the most part it was things your prospective character doesn't really need to be concerned about personally. Far as big picture events go, the big news is we've got a meet scheduled with the Lich King Lightning Kamen and may be making a move on sharkface.

What sort of character did you have in mind, anyway?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Well, Koumei, for my part, school starts up next week, so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to juggle school/job hunting/irl game/irc game.

Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

I was thinking a snooty, overachieving, elitist silver fang ahroun with a sense of noblesse oblige a mile wide and an incredibly demanding father who's used the death of his mother to spur him into trying as best he can to excel and end up in a position of leadership. Essentially, he's internalized the silver fang ideology pretty much completely, and there's an obvious angle for character development in that he realizes the SF's aren't actually perfect rulers and so on. I want my character to be good at something, and I don't want to learn an entire new WoD splatbook, and since it seems that werewolves are only really good at combat, you can do the maths.

I'll probably plow a bunch of points into WP to offset having 5 rage, since eating random passers-by is probably a bad idea, but other than being good at combat and leadership the build is pretty much wide-open.

edit: I know werewolves don't eat random people, but having those kinds of penalties to social rolls and so on as a direct result of having a high rage is probably a bad idea.
Last edited by Korgan0 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Actually, Red Talons totally do eat random people.

Yeah, ahroun and their high base rage are always solid, although Honor and Glory is kind of a pain in the ass. As an aside, I'd emphasize that I didn't mean to imply that werewolves are just combat machines last we chatted but rather that wolves are pretty much always combat machines in addition to whatever else it is they do. Even the Children of Gaia have some signature ass kicking gifts tucked away in their tribe books, so you don't have to be a Get or Silver Fang to wreck people's shit by any means. Honestly, even Mr. Teacher wasn't that far away from being a decent scrapper; the only thing that really worried me about him was that you didn't take at least 3 dots in Brawl or Melee; werewolves really want at least 6 dice in their preferred combat pool.

Anyway, if you do go with a werewolf, that would totally make us a 5 man band although I'm sure Isaac and Wolfy would probably bicker over who's the Big Guy and who's the Leader. Which, of course would be pointless given that in the end it's always the Smart one and the Chick (go sexism!) that end up making the important decisions.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Well, yeah, but Red Talons are uncouth savages who need a lesson in how to not be nigh-feral mongrels.

I keep forgetting about the tribe books, too. What do you mean about Honor and Glory being pains in the asses?
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I meant the subcategories of renown; Ahroun are expected to be aggressive busy bodies.
bears fall, everyone dies
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Hey, did we forget to handle XP for last session or are we just moving away from getting xp every week?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Um... I forgot actually.

However... yeah, it's looking like I'm going to be insanely busy this semester. Project focused class+reading intense class+class where I actually have to be a reporter, and might possibly be the web editor as well=Holy Shit what did I get into?

We can go until I literally cannot work on the game and keep up with my classes (which likely isn't far off), or call it now, and maybe pick back up later.

I admittedly am leaning towards the former, as I haven't had much chance to work on the game this week.

...alternatively, I can hand ST notes off to someone else and they can pick up running it.

Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

I wouldn't hold it against you if you called it. Online games rarely survive contact with the start of the school semester.
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

Yeah, I'm agreeing with Whipstitch.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Same. It's disappointing, but life is like that sometimes.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I'm not going to go full-asshole, but I'm turning up the dial about 50 millikaeliks.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Well, as I said, if someone else wants to take the reins, I can hand off the notes I have

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, yeah, I think I'm going to call it. Sorry again, guys, but whatever time I'm not working on class stuff or my irl game, should probably be spent looking for work.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Well it gives me a sleep-in day every week and means we won't have issues when I'm visiting my sister. But it's sad to say goodbye to the game. I understand though.