Video Games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

@ the rabbitt: Yeah, pretty much.

@ stahseele: I don't know much about Warhammer or Dawn of War, so I can't help there, and as far as Fallout 4 is concerned, the Boston bit is all I've heard so far. As for personal speculation, I'm thinking/hoping that they using the same engine as Skyrim, or better. Also hoping to high hell that the game does not have a set ending, like New Vegas, and more something along the lines of Fallout 3 (where you could continue playing after the ending).
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Whee, movie star, music stage star, fashion star, queen of the eight-sided cage! BW2 lets you be a celebrity superstar at absolutely everything.

Lady Gaga was pretty easy, though as usual, Blitzle was annoying with it's Flame Charge. Clay was also a piece of piss to beat. Honestly, I found that stupid Charles guy tougher because of triple-battle rules.

And yeah, Charles belongs in the top-3 for annoying characters. His special rules, dress style, constant repetition of lines...

Also, after the pain that is the Battle Frontier in HGSS (and indeed DPPl, RSE), the whole "just trade shards, of which there are heaps everywhere, for moves" thing is awesome.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I thought the derpy flying squirrel (a.k.a. Pachirisu with wings glued to its back) was the most annoying thing on her team, because it's immune to Ground type attacks.

I forgot the Triple Battle Guy even had a name (or do you mean Cheren?) but since I polished him off so quickly (I found him easier than Lady Gaga, if harder than the Rich Texan) I can't say I found him as annoying as anyone/anything in Black/White.

Probably don't need to say this, but for your viewing displeasure is the top 5 most annoying characters in Black/White: (spoilered to save space and so this rant can be conveniently ignored, if need be, since we're on the sequels now)
1. Alder (for being so hideously deformed and forcing preteens to fight kindergarteners for his sick amusement, also stalks the most annoying character in the game and they have bullshit morality exchanges, and for NOT FUCKING PUTTING YOU IN THE HALL OF FAME WHEN YOU BEAT THE GAME I PRESERVED YOUR FUCKING OLD REGIME YOU DIPSHIT THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS PUT ME IN THE COMMAND STRUCTURE)
2. Cheren (fucking rambling monologues, every fucking time, about his stupid bullshit, whether it be "Pokemon love getting the shit beaten out of them" or "I hate Team Plasma," or "Alder, I love you;" he might actually be a bit worse than Alder but he didn't deny me the Hall of Fame)
3. Bianca (significantly less annoying, but the subplot which was "Dad, you're selfish for being concerned about the safety of your daughter who is inept and has had Pokemon stolen from her repeatedly and who knows what happens when you're out in the wild with no Pokemon)
4. Professor Juniper (is Cheren/Bianca Lite, basically)
5. N (he gets a few points off the annoying card for being on the opposite side of moral bullshit than anyone else, with no other named character who actually believes the same as him, and the fact that you ruin his life like you do your rival in Red/Blue but he still does go off on stupid rambling monologues all the same, they're just different ones than the other major characters, and he has a really stupid name)
On another note, I just caught a Golurk with Iron Fist, which seems cool and fun and out of this world so I'm wondering if I should put it on my team (it's level 48 out of the box)

If anyone has advice on that, I'm open.

My team is:

Samurott 48 (Ice Beam/Surf/Waterfall/Dive; is a HM slave that can fight)
Emboar 50 (Flamethrower/Brick Break/Poison Jab/Head Smash)
Serperior 50 (Leaf Blade/Leech Seed/Cut/Strength; same deal as Samurott)
Genesect 51 (X-Scissor/Flash Cannon/Fly/Techno Blast; not getting rid of this guy)
Zoroark 50 (Night Slash/Shadow Ball/Flamethrower/Aerial Ace; fun to use but probably one of the weaker members of my team)
Tyrannitar 55 (Outrage/Crunch/Stone Edge/Earthquake; am definitely not getting rid of my buddy here, took too long to raise)

And the reason I have all 3 starters is because I traded a Snivy egg from my starter in Black and a friend traded me a Tepig egg from his starter in Black 2; I thought it would be cool but am now considering rejiggering my team significantly... perhaps I should wait until I beat the Elite Four before reworking my team? That's what I usually do.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I just Heat Crashed Emolga. Pignite is heavy-ish, Emolga is light. That reduced it to a slither of HP, and it Volt Switched out. I can't actually remember what her second one was - electric sheep maybe? Or Magneton? But that one was a pain just because of paralysis, anyway, but didn't take long. Blitzle then swept half my team because I went "Oh, Leavanny is Plant/Bug, Electric is NVE against Plant!" and it went "Lol Flame Charge, enjoy 400% damage, and now I'm faster". Next in was Lucario with Bone Rush... thanks to the speed boost, Blitzle was faster. Flame Charge. Super effective. OHKO. Speed boost. I can't remember who took it out, in the end. Probably Emboar, or maybe Liepard. By that stage I was frantically rezzing other party members, got the KO, switched my revived Leavanny back in and critted Emolga... who had barely any HP left anyway.

Yeah, Scope Lens + Razor Leaf (or any Crit+ move) is awesome. I should get something with the Crit+ Ability and see if it can learn a Crit+ Move and Focus Energy. I presume that'd put it in something close to the 5-20/x2 range. At any rate, with a level 30-ish Leavanny with Scope Lens and Razor Leaf, you can see how Texas Miner battle was a piece of piss. Though I *did* swap out for Pignite to take on the drill that will pierce the heavens.

Anyway, Charles the biker. That heartbreaker guy. He's just really annoying. I can't help but feel that with his "My name is Charles. I'm a heartbreaker. I'll tell you this three times per battle" and his motorcycle and "I wish I were a cowboy" garb, he's supposed to be Bon Jovi or something. I just really hate triple battles, and Air Slash or whatever it is (the Crit+ Flying attack that hits all enemies if you're in the middle) is a pain in the arse.

So my "Most annoying" list goes:
1. The paedophile
2. Cheren, but at least he learned to shut his fucking mouth, and stop being so obsessed with strength.
3. Charles.
4. Lady Gaga, just because she was so annoying in BW the first.
5. Cynthia. Not because she talks too much, but because she's so hard to beat in any game she features in, and how she's super rich and also a double champion and also the most amazing swimmer and... if you listen to NPCs talk about her, it's like she's a self-insert.
6. Bianca. She's nowhere near as annoying, what with giving you all those Full Restores in BW and then giving you all the stuff in BW2.
7. Professor Oak. That's right. I don't see what makes Professor Bigtits any more annoying than any other professor, but at least she rarely calls you. Oak constantly wants to chat about something pointless in HGSS - as does every other fucker you've ever met. And given every single opponent in the game (hyperbole) goes "Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, let's have a rematch maybe". But given Oak isn't in this game, Professor Bigtits gets the position. Just remember that he's worse, and also doesn't have boobs.
I'm still early enough into the game that my team swaps around, but I almost always have Firebomb (Pignite: Heat Crash, Arm Thrust, Return, Flame Charge) and Loppylugs (Lucario: Force Palm, Strength, Ice Punch, Me First). Fuzzywuzzy (Woobat) is there for Flash and Fly, but will end up being an actual Psychic attacker I guess. Yoink (Liepard: Cut, Thief, Hone Claws, Brick Break) and Nibbles (Leavanny: Razor Leaf, Struggle Bug, Bug Bite, Protect) are usually there as well, but can be swapped out as needed.

Currently Zorua is in the final spot. Sunflora might be a good choice for walling, or I could bring Elekid in to get it up to Electabuzz -> Electivire. But there's Sandile, Yamask, Venipede, Petilil...
Last edited by Koumei on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Mechwarrior Online is currently a cluster fuck.

Due to the way matchmaker is set up it a new player is much more likely to fight an organized team with customized mechs then fight other new players. Which means new players will lose and lose, I expect a lot of bad press about this, I wonder how long they will take to fix it.

The infuriating thing is that they new about this problem before open beta, they even have a potential solution, they just haven't gotten around to coding it.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

OK, that makes sense.

I had a Larvitar and told Flame Charge to fuck right off.

The friend who I had asked for a Tepig gave me a bonus Larvitar egg as a "I'm sorry I took a while to send this over to you" gift, and it's much more useful than the thing I originally asked him for since it had really good Egg Moves (Crunch, Dark Pulse, Outrage, and Earthquake) and even now Tyrannitar is ridiculously good, while Fire Beard is falling behind a little.

I taught Larvitar Rock Slide in lieu of Dark Pulse and wtfpwned Lady Gaga with it (Emolga: Rock Slide=dead; Blitzle: Earthquake=dead; I think her third was a Flaaffy? Earthquake again=dead)

Forgot how much easier Larvitar made things, honestly.

And I was going for most annoying B/W characters; otherwise, the opposite gender player characters from R/S/E and HG/SS would have been pretty damn high up, as well as the Kimono Girls from Heart Gold/Soul Silver (and only the remakes, since they were made into such a big fucking deal for no reason,) and of course Cynthia (bitch did nothing while I fought Galactic Boss Cyrus and Giratina; hell, Cyrus was more helpful since he gave me a Master Ball to catch Giratina with)

I'll agree that Oak is a prick too, but I found his speeches more tolerable than Professor Boobs, although I think that's more because of how in Black/White everyone and their mother were giving stupid speeches, so one more was just painful.

So I guess he'd make the list too.

(That being said, Soul Silver is still the best Pokemon game I've ever played; Gen 4 is my favorite generation due to having solid mechanics all around and Crystal was my favorite game pre-HG/SS, add being able to rematch everyone and their sister and WALKING POKEMON to the mix and you can do no wrong.)

Charles was really fucking annoying, but you only have to put up with him once, while everyone else was always butting in.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Juton wrote:Mechwarrior Online is currently a cluster fuck.

Due to the way matchmaker is set up it a new player is much more likely to fight an organized team with customized mechs then fight other new players. Which means new players will lose and lose, I expect a lot of bad press about this, I wonder how long they will take to fix it.

The infuriating thing is that they new about this problem before open beta, they even have a potential solution, they just haven't gotten around to coding it.
They took the WORST PARTS of BOTH MWLL and WOT and bashed them together to make MWO . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
zeruslord
Knight-Baron

Post by zeruslord »

I haven't heard anything about Dark Millenium Offline since they cut the MMOness out. I'm still really hopeful - Darksiders 1&2 proved that they can handle the visual aesthetic of 40k well, and THQ and GW have worked well on Dawn of War and, to an extent, on Spehss Mehrine (it ran into budget problems, and so didn't have as much diversity of enemies as I would have liked). I'd be surprised if there was any announcement about DoW3 before Company of Heroes 2 comes out in early 2013 - they're the same dev team and there's a clear evolution from DoW1 to CoH to DoW2. There might even be a CoH2 expansion before they start on DoW3.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Beat the Elite Four & Champion (who is not the pedophile anymore,) and am getting ready to dick around with post game content (swapped out Smugleaf and Firebeard for a Porygon-Z and Flygon, and am now raising those two; Porygon-Z is level 35 or so and Flygon is level 50 or so, with the rest of my team in late 50s/early 60s and Golurk sits forgotten in my PC.)
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Speaking of POKYMANZ, here's a FireRed update for those that don't care: Having cleared ROUTE 3, I have made it to the entrance of MT. MOON. Progress is slow, however, because I am trying to raise several different POCKET MONSTERS at once: a SPEAROW (Lv. 13), a MANKEY (Lv. 8), and that MAGIKARP that you can buy for $500 at the MT. MOON POKECENTER (Lv. 7). I'm raising the MAGIKARP through the keep it at the top of the list, then switch it at the start of a battle strategy. Mt. Moon is a good place to train a MANKEY, what with all the ROCK types, and SPEAROW is just a tough ol' red-blooded AMERICAN motherfucker who'll fight those damned HUN bastards to the ends of the earth.

However, funds are somewhat low, as are POTIONS. So, I keep going in, make a little progress in terms of how far I get into the dungeon, and then retreat back to the POKECENTER outside MT. MOON for heals once my team gets low on health. It's a slow process, but evolving MAGIKARP, SPEAROW and MANKEY will all be worth it.

Current Line-Up:
(spoilered for size)
1. MR. FISH (MAGIKARP)
Lv7 ♀
HP: 20/20
- SPLASH

2. MANKEY
Lv8 ♂
HP: 26/26
- LOW KICK
- SCRATCH
- LEER

3. GEODUDE
Lv8 ♂
HP: 24/24
- TACKLE
- MUD SPORT
- DEFENSE CURL

4. TURTLER
Lv17 ♂
HP:48/48
- WATER GUN
- BUBBLE
- WITHDRAW
- TACKLE

5. TOCHUKASO (PARAS)
Lv8 ♂
- SCRATCH
- STUN SPORE

6. SPEAROW
Lv13 ♂
HP: 35/35
- FURY ATTACK
- PECK
- GROWL
- LEER
And, for the hell of it, here's my TRAINER CARD:
- NAME: RUTH
-------------------
MONEY $296
POKeDEX 19
TIME 2:36

BADGES
-------------
Half asleep upon my knee
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Koumei wrote:4. Lady Gaga, just because she was so annoying in BW the first.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Shrapnel wrote:Current Line-Up:
(spoilered for size)
1. MR. FISH (MAGIKARP)
Lv7 ♀
HP: 20/20
- SPLASH

2. MANKEY
Lv8 ♂
HP: 26/26
- LOW KICK
- SCRATCH
- LEER

3. GEODUDE
Lv8 ♂
- TACKLE
- MUD SPORT
- DEFENSE CURL

4. TURTLER
Lv17 ♂
HP:48/48
- WATER GUN
- BUBBLE
- WITHDRAW
- TACKLE

5. TOCHUKASO (PARAS)
Lv8 ♂
- SCRATCH
- STUN SPORE

6. SPEAROW
Lv13 ♂
HP: 35/35
- FURY ATTACK
- PECK
- GROWL
- LEER
My favorite part is that your Mr. Fish is female.

Then again, mine was a Red Commie son-of-a-bitch WITH THE BLOOD OF HIS ENEMIES!

Also, wouldn't Carracosta make a better Turtler than Blastoise?

As an aside I'm starting to wonder if the Pokemon series should get its own thread, like 3/4 of the last few pages has been about some Pokemon game or another.
Last edited by Darth Rabbitt on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I now have an Axew, affectionately named Axeface, so some real levelling is going to happen there. And having gained Surf, Azumarril is a permanent addition to my party because HMs gonna hate.

Been doing a few Entralink missions solo. They're not awful. And there's enough NPC activity in Join Avenue to make it fun. THE OCTAGON is a lot less fun now - the first time was great, because of the level advantage, but in "actual play" they remove that. So as usual, anything involving BP is a pain in the ass not to be messed with.

I look forward to getting a Sneasel more than ever, now that you don't need to breed Punishment onto them. I don't just like it for the name. Many enemies do a whole lot of stat boosting, so one-shotting them with Punishment (the attack's power is increased by +20 for every stat boost they have. Yes, a Belly Drum or lucky Ominous Wind/Ancient Power/Silver Wind grants you +120 power) is awesome. And for bonus points, you spend Shards to teach it Ice Punch, not BP!

Prak: I never said she wasn't hot. But then again, the anime is filled with attractive females (Misty doesn't count. James does). They just like drawing pretty ladies. I can't fault them for that.

Shrapnel: take good care of Mister Fish! And given this is before the ATT/SPATT split, remember that Gyarados won't make use of Water moves, so accept the loss of STAB (maybe have Surf for HMing and just for STAB Supereffectives against a bunch of enemies) and focus on stuff like Earthquake, Bite and Stone Edge. Hell, you can do worse than learning (via Move Relearner) Thrash for Gyarados.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Koumei wrote:But then again, the anime is filled with attractive females (Misty doesn't count. James does).
It's funny because it's true.
And given this is before the ATT/SPATT split, remember that Gyarados won't make use of Water moves, so accept the loss of STAB (maybe have Surf for HMing and just for STAB Supereffectives against a bunch of enemies) and focus on stuff like Earthquake, Bite and Stone Edge. Hell, you can do worse than learning (via Move Relearner) Thrash for Gyarados.
Bite is Dark, and thus Special Attack based in pre-Gen 4.

I forgot how stupid that was until I replayed some Gen III a year ago.

If Gyarados can learn Shadow Ball, teach it that instead of Bite (all Ghost moves key off Attack, because Giant Fucking Frog)

Hyper Beam is Attack-based too in Gen I-III, and Gyarados learns it via level up, so you probably want that as well.

Other suggestions are all good.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Oh right, Dark is SPATT, because DURR HURR.

Gen I introduced Ghost, and here are all of the Ghost attacks of that generation that make sense as ATT: Lick, Shadow Punch

That is all. (Then again, what with there being three whole Ghost types, and all of five Ghost moves (probably more... maybe), there just isn't much Ghost Representation at all)

Later on we also get Shadow Claw, and I guess Shadow Sneak could go either way.

Dark though, seriously, all of the Dark attacks that should be SP ATT are in later generations - Dark Pulse, Night Daze, Snarl. In Gen II when it was introduced, we had Sucker Punch, Faint Attack, Bite, Crunch, Night Slash, Beat Up...

And Bellyzard was sad until the split - able to max ATT out and trigger Blaze... but not use it. At least now it can Fire Punch/Fire Fang/Flare Blitz (if you don't mind basically guaranteeing your own KO).
Maxus
Overlord

Post by Maxus »

Playing Assassin's Creed 3.

I only have one gripe with it.

THE SONSABITCHES CHANGED THE 'DEFEND' BUTTON.

It used to be Right Trigger. Attack was X (or Square or something on the PS3, fuck, I dunno, I have an Xbox).

Your index finger grew hooked from holding the trigger down to keep your defense up. Counters tended to end ordinary enemies, so you just went for those and played defense.

All of a sudden, the defense button is B. Which means you have to swap your thumb over, so getting counters and disarms is trickier with timing.

And if I get immersed in the game, muscle memory takes over and the health bar gets hacked apart because I'm holding the trigger button like a dumbass.

Anyways.

Guns are very powerful, but also damn slow, being muskets and flintlocks and such. I took to carrying a musket, shooting it, and then dropping it to pull the flintlock pistol and shooting someone else. THe pistol also reloads faster than the musket.
Last edited by Maxus on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
He jumps like a damned dragoon, and charges into battle fighting rather insane monsters with little more than his bare hands and rather nasty spell effects conjured up solely through knowledge and the local plantlife. He unerringly knows where his goal lies, he breathes underwater and is untroubled by space travel, seems to have no limits to his actual endurance and favors killing his enemies by driving both boots square into their skull. His agility is unmatched, and his strength legendary, able to fling about a turtle shell big enough to contain a man with enough force to barrel down a near endless path of unfortunates.

--The horror of Mario

Zak S, Zak Smith, Dndwithpornstars, Zak Sabbath. He is a terrible person and a hack at writing and art. His cultural contributions are less than Justin Bieber's, and he's a shitmuffin. Go go gadget Googlebomb!
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

zeruslord wrote:I haven't heard anything about Dark Millenium Offline since they cut the MMOness out. I'm still really hopeful - Darksiders 1&2 proved that they can handle the visual aesthetic of 40k well, and THQ and GW have worked well on Dawn of War and, to an extent, on Spehss Mehrine (it ran into budget problems, and so didn't have as much diversity of enemies as I would have liked). I'd be surprised if there was any announcement about DoW3 before Company of Heroes 2 comes out in early 2013 - they're the same dev team and there's a clear evolution from DoW1 to CoH to DoW2. There might even be a CoH2 expansion before they start on DoW3.
Ah, right, i actually forgot about that somehow @.@

In other News:
I got an INVITE to the CLOSED ALPHA of Crysis 3 somehow x.x
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:Also, wouldn't Carracosta make a better TURTLER than BLASTOISE?
No.

Here's why:
TURTLER=Image

BLASTOISE=Image

Carracosta=Image
While Carracosta shares some definite similarities with our favorite SEACON leader, it's BLASTOISE's cannons growing out of it's back that sells it. Also, the caption for his toy makes a BLASTOISE referance.

Further, in my personal fanon, RUTH's SQUIRTLE is in fact the actual TURTLER, from TF:MASTERFORCE, mode locked in alt. mode, seperated from his dispensable horde of SEACON drone minions, and forced to fight for justice and the AMERICAN WAY.

And lastly, this is FIRERED, not Negro/Honkey Black/White. Carracosta will not exist for another fifty-seven vorns (4731 years in human standard).
Koumei wrote:Shrapnel: take good care of MISTER FISH! And given this is before the ATT/SPATT split, remember that GYARADOS won't make use of WATER moves, so accept the loss of STAB (maybe have SURF for HMing and just for STAB Supereffectives against a bunch of enemies) and focus on stuff like EARTHQUAKE, BITE and STONE EDGE. Hell, you can do worse than learning (via Move Relearner) THRASH for GYARADOS.
Of course I will. I'm training it by using it's body to bash other POKEMON's skulls in. And those moves seem good. It'll be awhile yet until MR. FISH becomes an even bigger MR. FISH, though, but I'll keep 'em in mind for when the day comes.

(For those who haven't realized it yet, the reason I'm capitalizing PROPER NOUNS is not because I'm internet shouting them, but because I'm writing them as they would appear in the classic games, where all the PROPER NOUNS and such were CAPITALIZED for no real reason. I think it's funny.)

(Although AMERICAN WAY is just being shouted.)
Half asleep upon my knee
Korgan0
Duke

Post by Korgan0 »

In non-pokemon news, Hotline Miami is really good. Like, really, really, really good. It's basically a hyper-violent top-down action game, but that doesn't even scratch the surface of the game. I'm not even going to give mechanical spoilers, for fear of upsetting your experience of what might be one of the best games of the year.

Probably the most accurate review of the game can be found here- http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10 ... mi-review/
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Forgot the cannons growing out of Turtler's back and the Gen 1 Blastoise always makes me think of Ganon in the original NES Zelda.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Well it took 2 reloads (note to self: yes, Emboar's Rock Slide will OHKO Volcarona, the lack of STAB really does not matter here) but I caught fucking Volcarona. I now have a registered pokedex of 100. And 51 medals, which I will make a note to one day care about.

Emboar is doing awesome, Woobat evolved... but ultimately I'm already not as interested as I was, because there aren't any new movies to make until I finish the damn game. That has seriously been my favourite part.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

I could've told you that Mothra explodes on contact with rocks.

I can check what the new movies are, if you want; I beat the main game yesterday.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Oh, I know what they are - I use serebii.net for all that stuff (and bulbapedia for evolution/movelists/where-can-I-find-X). I just want access to them rather than going and beating gym leaders and Team Plasma, and all that junk.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Oh, OK (which should probably be my catchphrase since I use it so much.)

I usually play blind unless some shit's frustrating me, I'm really curious about something, or I'm afraid I might miss something that I can't go back for (this applies to just about every game I play, honestly.)

Forgot how much ass Porygon Z kicks, it's basically been on every team I've made since Gen IV because it's that awesome.

Been basically alternating leveling up Porygon Z and Flygon in Black 2 (they're at the point of the rest of my team, mid 50s-early 60s now, so I'm done with that shit) and leveling up in Soul Calibur 5 and its super sexy awesome chocolatey fudge coated Character Creation.

The friend of mine that had the game before me and gives me crazy shit like Larvitar Eggs says you can beat the shit out of Alder and his son, which is probably not as bad as what Alder himself does to the latter.

Going to try and do that next probably.

Oh, does the Medal guy give you anything interesting for getting >50 medals?

I have like 47 or something, as I don't give a rats ass so far.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, he gives you:
A new upgraded medal box and the new "Congratulations! You're a rookie!" medal, before telling you to try for 100 now.

Don't you feel ripped off? It's not like Pokemon needs a fucking achievement system, it already has "Capture all 974" as an optional goal.)
I wasn't even trying to get them, it's just a side effect of making movies and all that.