Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both, Continued

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Re: Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both, Continued

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

First of all, penalty to AC, crazy bonus to damage is rolled up and hidden underneath the mattress that is "Shock Trooper".

Next, what other choices are the fighters making during their full round attack? Really, are they slowing the game down with their one choice?

Second, let me break down power attacking at low levels: DO IT. ALL OF IT. (until level 5 at least).

Here is combat at higher levels: "I power attack for 3" ->if hitting, go for 1 more/round.

Is this really even slowing down a game anywhere?

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

*thinks* Can't the person choose what to use for power attack during other people's turns and just say it when it is their turn?
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Leress: If a caster can choose which spell to cast during someone else's turn, they sure can.

Moron McStupidface wrote:
D'n'D is not about jokes!

The material components section, various magic items/prestige classes, and the whole familiar death thing all beg to differ.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1195597330[/unixtime]]

Moron McStupidface wrote:
D'n'D is not about jokes!

The material components section, various magic items/prestige classes, and the whole familiar death thing all beg to differ.

As someone on that thread already pointed out, he is on a forum for the webcomic, OoTS.

I read through that whole thread, at first I was with the op until his true color started to show through. He like a walking emo cliche, only focusing on the negative when a lot of people on the thread are giving good advice. It's like I can here The Cure every time that guy posts. He can't seem to grasp the concept of compromise.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Jacob_Orlove wrote:Edit: I just found this thread.. I could only manage to skim through it, but it's quite something. Be sure to at least check out the later pages.

This is it.

This is the best thread.
RandomCasualty
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1195597330[/unixtime]]Leress: If a caster can choose which spell to cast during someone else's turn, they sure can.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a game slow down because a fighter was calculating his power attack. Casters on the other hand... my god, some wizard PCs are slow as hell...
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Power Attack just kills any game with newbies in it. Ugh.

-Crissa
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1195601162[/unixtime]]This is it.

This is the best thread.

Update, the OP has changed his sig to "Not a Vague threat, it's something I do daily after any situation: Currently Inactive until he thinks up reasonable non-internet related revenge tactics on all that mocked him in that thread."

Bloody glorious.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I wish I was more like Cloud :(
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

You want to be a military semi-failure, have your entire hometown burned down by the prettiest man in the world, receive illegal genetic and chemical experimentation, get horribly sickened as a result, spend time getting looked after by your best friend who then gets killed protecting you, then go on a vague quest in which
AERIS DIES!!!
?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Trap sprung :uptosomething:
Cielingcat
Duke

A Continuation of the Threads thread

Post by Cielingcat »

On another note, but am I the only person who finds the fucking World of Warcraft to be smarter than WotC?
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1195786872[/unixtime]]On another note, but am I the only person who finds the fucking World of Warcraft to be smarter than WotC?

How so? (Yes, I agree I just want to see other observations)
]
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

This wouldn't exist there, despite how stupid everyone is.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

Cielingcat at [unixtime wrote:1195786872[/unixtime]]On another note, but am I the only person who finds the fucking World of Warcraft to be smarter than WotC?

Not that I disagree, but I'd like to hear the reasoning behind this.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

No, the WoW forums are worse than the WoTC forums. The WoW forum mods make fun of the participants, and no-one gets the joke!
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I don't care much about WoW, as I don't play the game, nor do I have any understanding as to how smart the average player is.
But I can tell you I won't buy the game, nor play it. Ever. The whole game is centered around killing monsters and making items. The story aspects are static, unchanging and irrelevant. You just can't make a difference in the world, and I get too much of that in RL to want to get it in a game. Give me the DMG and some basic flavour text so that I can make my own stories where player actions affect the world.

Ever heard of that time a wandering world boss was tricked into going to a major social hub? After the demon-god rampaged thru the city, and leveled up! the admins reset the server and put everything back together. I know that all of you would have been okay with Godzilla eating Tokyo, and having a great site for future PA adventures in your campaigns. But in WoW, the lizard king gets a lobotomy, and his pecks ripped off, and then all of Tokyo's casualties get free True Resurrection spells cast on them, and the buildings get put back together like Lego houses. I hate that.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

All forums on the internet suck, even this one.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

A Continuation...

Post by Draco_Argentum »

I liked this thread better when we were being jerks instead of trying to be helpful.

One of the few good things about the WoW forums is the moderators paying out on the random crybabies that infest the place.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That's awesome.

Anyway, onto mocking people...

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.ph ... r][br]It's not terrible, just... look at the first reply. LA +7? What the fuck?

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.ph ... r]Middling lameness, but someone breaks out the "Psionics can break the game." "NO THEY CAN'T, BAWWWWWWWWWW (insert the usual links to "why they can't")"

The boards aren't as bad as usual. Cool.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: A Continuation...

Post by fbmf »

Draco_Argentum at [unixtime wrote:1195814147[/unixtime]]I liked this thread better when we were being jerks instead of trying to be helpful.

One of the few good things about the WoW forums is the moderators paying out on the random crybabies that infest the place.

[TGFBS]
I apologize. Ramnza and I were away for the holidays. The discussion about the women finding the Count attractive has been moved to MPSIMS.
[/TGFBS]
Leress
Prince

Re: A Continuation...

Post by Leress »

Warmage Build Guide and Compendium

Warmage hmmm, if I see a Healer compendium my soul would be crushed. On second thought I may make one just for the hell of it.

Rebalancing the Core Classes

While not fundamental wrong, the rebalancing doesn't really do anything.

Debunking mages thread update: Still full of fail, since the entire foundation of the thread was built with crap anyway.
]
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

That thread is the best thread ever.

Gradually working my way through it, and it's great. CLASSIC teen angst.

"Me, the guy who studies as hard as hell, rehearses lines for Drama, got his "friends" part dumped on him, has constant troubles with people at school because they aren't smart enough to keep up, is trying to find a job for over the holidays, makes comics for the Oots: Avatar Battle Royale, cleans the dishes, mows the lawn and is trying to get a few things back on track in life that are not really the best thing to mention here.
I'm the 4th most busy guy in the group, cut me some goddamn slack."

I mean, he can't be serious, can he? "No one is as smart as I am, I am the LEAST busy and no one cuts me any slack"
Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

the_taken at [unixtime wrote:1195790464[/unixtime]]Ever heard of that time a wandering world boss was tricked into going to a major social hub? After the demon-god rampaged thru the city, and leveled up! the admins reset the server and put everything back together. I know that all of you would have been okay with Godzilla eating Tokyo, and having a great site for future PA adventures in your campaigns. But in WoW, the lizard king gets a lobotomy, and his pecks ripped off, and then all of Tokyo's casualties get free True Resurrection spells cast on them, and the buildings get put back together like Lego houses. I hate that.

I'm fine with people not liking the now-ubiquitous MMO paradigm--it has a whole lot of really important problems with it--but why complain about this specific incident? Given how the rest of the game works, that was clearly The Right Way to deal with this event. Someone found and exploited a bug in a manner that dramatically impeded regular play for a huge number of players who are paying a fee to play a specific kind of game. You and I may think the regular play is trivial and boring, but fixing the bug and reversing its effects (to the best of their ability) is still clearly the right response, isn't it?

I also don't like sports or sports games, but if someone found a special case where the rules of a realistic sports game disagreed with the sport on which it was based, I wouldn't complain if the developers erased the results of games in which it was abused and released a patch to change it. Especially if I wasn't even playing the game when this occurred.
MagnaSecuris
1st Level

Post by MagnaSecuris »

A trend in MMOs seems to be 'War' games, wherein there is some constant conflict. WoW and Warhammer Online are the prominant examples of this. It would be interesting if a mechanic could be implemented for a side to 'win' the war, even if the balance of the two sides meant it never happened. This would be something to fight towards, tho others would be fighting against it.