The "Does anyone know about..." thread

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

DragonChild
Knight-Baron

The "Does anyone know about..." thread

Post by DragonChild »

This is the thread to ask if anyone has played a particular game / own a particular supplement and can give a quick review.

Has anyone read over Dungeon World, or Last Stand?
Sigil
Knight

Post by Sigil »

Has anyone here actually played Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition? It seems hilarious.

Not necessarily good, but hilarious.
DragonChild
Knight-Baron

Post by DragonChild »

I ended up buying Last Stand, base solely on the author being a brave, cool person who did some neat stuff I want to encourage.

It seems honestly interesting. Lots of unique systems. Very 'gamey', which I like. No skill system or anything, but it really doesn't need one I don't think. I may try to run a Cthulhu-tech style thing in for the hell of it.

My only complaint is that the book is obviously unfinished, but still, I only paid $7.50 so I don't feel too ripped off.
Blasted
Knight-Baron

Post by Blasted »

Anyone played Fate of the Norns: Ragnarok - Fafnir's Treasure?
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

Sigil wrote:Has anyone here actually played Dungeons: The Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition? It seems hilarious.

Not necessarily good, but hilarious.
Doesn't that game break hilariously due to size effectively multiplying your hit points? Dorf werewolves can get an effective 100+ HP at level 1 while raging and pretty much nothing can dent that.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Isn't that game pretty much a joke, anyway?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Silent Wayfarer
Knight-Baron

Post by Silent Wayfarer »

Prak_Anima wrote:Isn't that game pretty much a joke, anyway?
Fluffwise, it's a joke, crunchwise it's not much better.
If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Given it has a supplement (maybe more?), I have the feeling it was created as a joke that can be played. Like, the intention is that you could actually sit down and play it while knowing that the world setting is just a mish-mash of stupid.

Except the rules, while not intended as a joke, are bad enough to be considered such.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, Rifts with a bit more self-awareness?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.