General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

PhoneLobster
King

Re: Tiefling vs Gnome

Post by PhoneLobster »

[Action Points]

[X/Day Abilities]

Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yeah, their design testing scares me too. Honestly, what's so hard about writing in what you did for X? IE Stunned enemy/enemies.

The only way this could be salvaged is:

1) Thorough review of each X to determine it's effect (in which case, there isn't much point in having the shorthand version.)
2) There are no status effects. (In which case that is one fucked up game I doubt I'll want to play.)
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Kaelik at [unixtime wrote:1199415235[/unixtime]]
2) There are no status effects. (In which case that is one fucked up game I doubt I'll want to play.)

Unless status effects are special damage types, which would actually be kinda cool.

In other news, I migrated my old WotC account just to see those shitty flash animations, and I am thoroughly pissed. I'll never get those seconds back.

I don't see what the big deal with the beholder being "black" was.

As far as player races in D&D, I'd really like to see them as treated by Frank in Dead Man's Hand: Svartelf gnomes, Sidhe elves, Skriatok dwarves, and [yes, even] Ifrit tieflings. I guess that makes me a hopeless fanboy.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Oh man the playtesters/designers have no idea what they're doing. AGAIN.

Colour me surprised.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Catharz: hopeless definitely yes, but swap "fanboy" for "owner of finer tastes than average".
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

CatharzGodfoot at [unixtime wrote:1199416531[/unixtime]]I don't see what the big deal with the beholder being "black" was.

something about the beholder being a spike lee clone(i guess) bothered me, possibly because it makes much more sense to characterize them as ass raping Klan hicks or inbred, illiterate neo-nazi skin heads.

typing illiterate made me realize something... the 3.x rules imply that unless something has the "Illiterate" ability, it's assumed to be literate... this means that by RAW, cave lice can read... ah the weird things that happen when you go by raw...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Prak_Anima at [unixtime wrote:1199764053[/unixtime]]
typing illiterate made me realize something... the 3.x rules imply that unless something has the "Illiterate" ability, it's assumed to be literate... this means that by RAW, cave lice can read... ah the weird things that happen when you go by raw...

That was the second thing we house-ruled out of our games as soon as we saw it. First being multi-class xp penalties.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Prak_Anima at [unixtime wrote:1199764053[/unixtime]]

Yes, cave lice can read and write every language they speak.

What language do cave lice speak?
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Cave lice speak Aquan, for obvious reasons.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

I'd think they would speak Terran by virtue of living in caves.
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Everyone knows that cave lice speak Gnome! I mean seriously folks, Aquan? That's just dumb!
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

they're one of the monsters that speak their own language. Along with Terran and Aquan.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.