Illusions and special sense types.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Wiseman
Duke

Illusions and special sense types.

Post by Wiseman »

Illusions and blindsense. Does it fool it?
Last edited by Wiseman on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

If you can't touch it, no effect. If it's a solid illusion though, then blindsense would be affected. But Ghost Sound will mess with them more, right? Shadowrun laid it out pretty clearly as they had to deal with 'electronic senses'.

I'm correlating blindsense with 'tremorsense' (is that its own distinct thing?) though. Something with echo-location will probably be more affected by sonic illusions.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Blindsight is the power to 'see' things without the use of actual vision. The description says that this can be due to "sensitivity to vibrations, acute scent, keen hearing, or echolocation". Blindsense is a lesser version of Blindsight where things you can't detect with your normal vision still have concealment, but you can otherwise 'see' them.

Illusions work on things with blindsight iff the illusion is also mimicking the sense that the creature uses for blindsight.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

Ah. Thanks.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

OgreBattle wrote: I'm correlating blindsense with 'tremorsense' (is that its own distinct thing?) .
Yes it is. Blindsense is more general. Tremorsense requires contact with the ground (on the part of both the perceiver and the vibration maker).
K
King

Post by K »

Remember that not being able to detect an illusion with one sense does not automatically let you disbelieve it. At best, you get a +4 to the Will save.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Totally depends on the kind of illusion.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack