Midgard Races

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Midgard Races

Post by Prak »

Started working on Midgard a bit again. The basic system is somewhat figured-
it's a skill-based, d20+mods system with roughly D&D-esque numbers but only going up to level 10, with five stats--Might, Agility, Kenning, Wisdom and Presence--each with an associated save

so I'm pounding out races and wanted to get feedback on them.

Every race has, roughly-
  • Three good saves, Presence from the Humanoid type and two others
  • One +2 bonus to an ability score
  • Training in one skill, usually selected from a list (ie, a free point in the skill which, on it's own gives the better of 1/4 char level or 1 rank in it, and acts as a cost discount for higher training levels)
  • One unique use for Wyrd points (like fate/action/hero points)
  • One other thing
Manligr (Humans)
Manligr are the humans of Midgard, and are the big, tough vikings of popular imagination, more about endurance and being space marines than "the boring baseline"
  • Medium Humanoid (30 ft speed)
  • Good Presence, Might and Kenning saves
  • +2 Might
  • Training in any one skill
  • Tireless: Spend 1 Wyrd to overcome Fatigue, 3 to overcome Exhaustion
  • Relentless: Can forced march and hold breath twice as long as normal.
Manligr had the D&D human bonus feat, but it occurs to me that it's way too much with the other stuff, might make the training limited to a list instead of anything, to emphasize the specific flavour of manligr

Alfkin (Elves)
The alfar are sort of celestial fae, very bound to their fates. They're not really acceptable player characters, it'd be like playing a golem programmed to protect a specific place. So Midgard elves are the descendants of Alfar and humans. Still elfin, very willowy and fae, but you can actually play one.
  • Medium Humanoid (35 ft speed)
  • Good Presence, Agility and Wisdom saves
  • +2 Agility
  • Training in Trickery (illusion and charms), Skaldry (music magic, status effects) or Naturalism (nature magic)
  • Fae Tricks: 1 free cantrip selected from Trickery, Skaldry or Naturalism, usable Wis. Mod/day
  • Allure: Spend 2 Wyrd for a suggestion effect, roll Level+Presence to set DC to resist.
Dverskin (Dwarves)
Norse dwarves (dvergar) are, like alfar, very fate-bound. A PC dvergar would be... well, you'd sit at your forge and make items for everyone else. So, Dverskin are the descendants of dvergar and humans.
  • Medium Humanoid (25 ft speed)
  • Good Presence, Might and Wisdom saves
  • +2 Wisdom
  • Training in Craft, Runes or Binding
  • Metalknowing: Dverskin can instantly identify the specific material of any metal held, or identify the specific material of any metal object viewed for one full round, without rolling, and may concentrate to detect metal objects within 10 feet of them. They may concentrate for one full round to detect metal in this range, and each point of Wisdom modifier tells them one of the following-
    • Presence of one object
    • size or shape of an already detected object
    • General location of an already detected object
    • Specific location of an already generally located object
    For example, a Dverskin with a 20 wisdom may detect the presence of five individual metal objects within 10 feet of them, or they may know the size, shape and precise location of one. In the former case, the Dverskin can concentrate for a second round to know the shape of each object they detected the previous round, a third to know the size, and so on.
  • Runecasting: Choose a rune at chargen. Spend 1 Wyrd to draw that rune on an object and gain a minor benefit (cantrip level effects) based on the rune.
Lagrkin (shortarses)
Lagrkin are the obligatory short race of Midgard, as well as the slightly-furry race which will appeal to a good number of players. Catfolk would be more broadly appealing, but I like the idea of them being more rabbit-based, which also fits nicely into making them hobbit expies, what with the vegetable diet and burrowing.
  • Small Humanoid (30 ft speed)
  • Good Presence, Agility and Kenning saves
  • +2 Kenning
  • Trained in Perception and one of Athletics, Disable or Handle Animal (again, because they're mundane skills, they get two)
  • Small (+1 to AC and Attack, but -4 grapple and weapons do -1 damage)
  • Overlooked:All Stealth checks are one tier higher (+5), meaning that a Lagrkin always has at least Pedestrian success when using stealth.
  • Quick Hands: Lagrkin may spend 1 Wyrd to perform a manual move or standard action as an immediate/swift action. For example, pocketing a small item, pulling a lever, even making a single attack.
Lokin (Orcs)
The "orcs" of Midgard are the spawn of humans and giants, but specifically, Loki. They are broadly slightly animalistic humans, giving the typical "grey/green humans with tusks" look, but the blood of Loki means they have more varied appearances, as well as meaning that they're remarkably persuasive and have the defiance of fate that Odin sought from their ancestor.
  • Medium Humanoid (30 ft speed)
  • Good Presence and Might saves, with a +3 to Presence instead of a third good save.
  • +2 Presence
  • Trained Athletics and Negotiation; Trickery or Transformation (since most training from race is in magic skills, Lokin get to choose between two mundane skills or a single magical
  • Powerful Build: Lokin have the blood of giants and though they have the stature of mortals, they fight as if they were Large size for all strength-based rolls, weapon size, and damage from natural attacks
  • Giant's Rage: Spend 1 Wyrd as an immediate action to gain +2 Might for 1 round per (new) Might modifier
Ideally, magic will not eclipse mundane skills- to become invisible you're going to need some stealth, it's just a question of whether Stealth gives you invisibility on it's own, Trickery gives it to you so long as you have Stealth, or it's a Specialization ("Class" Feature) which requires Stealth and/or Trickery. But that's ideally. When it comes down to it "I can throw bolts of flame" is going to be more useful than "I can hide behind things" and the like. So if you're faced with the choice of free Magic skills or free Mundane, the Mundane options need to compensate for this, getting two Mundane skills instead of a single Magic skill should help.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Look, I realize there's no fluff here. It's not about fluff. I can write whatever fluff I want and the worst thing is I'll be crucified here and no one else will care.

Are the abilities roughly balanced is all I'm asking.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Prak wrote:Are the abilities roughly balanced is all I'm asking.
I'd say I have no idea because I don't know the mechanics they are comparing... buuut actually thanks to some bits I'm going to say "no, they aren't".

Manligr are pretty crap unless holding your breath is suddenly REALLY important, I severely doubt that forced marching is, and that's a judgement I make while giving what looks like a very costly fatigue/exhaustion ability some significant benefit of the doubt.

Dverskin are the worst race, because they are the only suckers to get to have a totally non-combat option as one of their options, their other option appears to be pretty much a flat out objectively inferior version of one of the options the Alfkin get. In return for being shitty on their unique abilities they gain... the slowest speed out of all the profiles.

Lokin are the second best because all their stuff is useful in combat. And they maybe get an extra skill. Though the wording on the 2 skills or 1 skills thing is wrong.

Lagrikin are the best race because they get the bestest best unique abilities, they get an extra skill, they get extra stuff for being small.

I make no judgements about the distributions of saves and attribute bonuses. I'm assuming your claim that magic skills aren't better than mundane skills holds, and assuming your immediate contradictory claim that magic skills ARE worth twice as much as mundane skills doesn't hold.
Last edited by PhoneLobster on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Where to start...
  • You looked at your skills, noticed that some are literally twice as good as the rest, and said "meh, seems legit."? You'll correct that imbalance with the races, but not with every other skill mechanic in the game? Look, if some of your skills are "magic" and some are "not magic," there's a clear difference, and they're unequal in value... why are they in the same system?Why not (a) hand out "skill points" and "magic points" separately, (b) make every skill a magic skill, (c) take magic out of the skill system (d) consolidate non-magic skills so there are half as many of them, or at least (d) make magic skills explicitly twice as expensive while possibly (e) giving magic skills mundane skill pre-reqs (so that your rank in Trickery is </= your rank in stealth)
  • What does "cantrip mean in this context. I hope it doesn't mean "like a 0-level spell from 3E," because that would be terrible.
  • Rabbit dudes master race, probably. If these fights are anything like D&D fights, a full extra attack is way better than +1 to hit and damage for the duration of a fight. Also, I know you said no fluff, but... rabbit dudes?
  • Temporary +2 to a stat in a d20 game is shitty and frustrating. It's seriously not worth the time it takes to recalculate your bonuses.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, first, I said that ideally magic skills won't obviate mundane skills, ie, the thing in D&D where a third level wizard is better than any level of rogue at hiding because of Invisibility, ideally won't happen in Midgard. I may not even have an invisibility spell in Midgard, I haven't gotten to spells yet. However, I recognize that magic skills let you pick up spells, while, say, Athletics, lets you climb, jump and swim and that's pretty much it. So while I hope that magical skills are not more powerful than mundane skills, I recognize that they are more useful than them. Hence why races that get training in mundane skills get to start with two skills trained rather than just one.

And, you know, since this is the first fucking time I've mentioned this and I certainly haven't posted about it before and it's not like we have a search function that would let people find it... (oh wait)

Midgard In Brief
classless skill/feat based d20+mods with tiered success levels-
5- pedestrian
10- basic
15- apprentice
20- journeyman
25- master
30- expert
35- godly

Skills are as D&D, but collapsed and with magic skills:

Accuracy is ranged/finesse combat
Athletics is running, climbing, jumping, swimming and hiding makeup in squirrel holes
Binding is summoning magic
Brawl is melee combat
Craft is making mundane and magical goods as well as appraising and knowing about manufactured goods
Disable is both Disable Device and Escape Artist
Divination is knowing stuff magic
Handle Animal includes riding
Heal includes magical healing
Naturalism is nature magic (plants, animals, elements)
Necromancy is self explanatory
Negotiation is the social skill (diplomacy, bluffing, intimidating)
Perception is all the sensing skills
Rigging is use rope and improvising tools
Runes is "I know the magic of a specific rune" and people have to take it individually for each rune
Skaldry is being a bard, both performing and music magic
Stealth is hide and move silently and I need to cobble together a stealth point system like Frank proposed
Transformation is transmutation magic, including shapeshifting
Trickery is illusion and charm
Tumble is self explanatory but should maybe be added to athletics
Wrestle is grappling

Buying ranks doesn't exist, you invest between 1 and 4 points in a skill to gain character level /4 (trained), /2 (proficient), /1 (skilled) or (/1)+3 (focused) ranks in a skill. (referred to as Skill Familiarity)

Magic goes up to 5th level spells, and your access is restricted by both your character level and familiarity with the relevant sill-
Spell Levelrequired ChLvrequired training
11trained
23trained
35proficient
47skilled
59focused

I've gone back and forth on buying more spells with skill points, but it's a good way to not have to pull stupid shit like double costing the skills entirely, so, sure. You get two spells of each level for buying the skill, gained as you level, and then each additional point spent gives you another spell of each level. So if you take any familiarity of Naturalism, you can cast two fire spells of each level (or whatever theme you choose), and there's augmentation options to keep the lower level stuff relevant. You can put another point in to add five more spells to the theme, or pick up another theme with only five spells in it.

Combat uses Accuracy/Brawl/Wrestle as your base attack, AC is 7+currently/last used combat skill with bonuses based on behaviour (ie, moving while using Accuracy to defend gives a +3)

Characters have five ability scores, each functioning as a save. Good and Poor saves means the same thing as in D&D- half character level+2 and 1/3 character level respectively, so a first level Manligr rolls d20+2 plus his Might for a might save.
Your hit die is determined by your creature type
You get 2 skill points per level
You get a feat and a specialty (on par with class features) each level

First level follows the above, but players pick their race and a profession which gives a starting package of skill familiarity, and a feat or specialty.

Characters die at negative hp equal to (10+level+might), and may attempt a Presence save (DC 30-level) to stabilize at 0 hp (because Presence is fate because this draws on norse myth). If you would kill an opponent, you can choose to just disable them instead because then you can ransom them back to their people.
Ok, so now that I'm just deciding magic skills give you a limited pool of spells and getting more requires spending more points, I'm less concerned about juxtaposing magical and mundane skills in race writeups. If I give mundane skills more importance by incorporating them into the combat system, then I'm even less worried about it.

Going race by race-
Manligr Good point on Relentless. I'm going to tweak Tireless so that it's just 1 Wyrd point to erase fatigue or convert exhaustion into fatigue (meaning they can spend 2 to erase exhaustion). These are Fate system Fate points, so they're expected to be spent and received a lot more often than action points in Eberron. The idea of Manligr is to do the "humans are Batman" thing, so I think I'm going to give them a +3 to might saves rather than Good Kenning, which basically amounts to having Good Fort and Great Fortitude. Relentless still needs more to it to bring it up to where other races' minor uniques are. I'm thinking about human resistance to injury/recovery time, but DR seems too much and in a game with magical healing no one cares about stuff like "heals double natural rate" or whatever. Suggestions?
Alfkin: I had meant it in the D&D cantrip sense, but yeah, it should probably be in the range of a level one spell.
Dversin: Craft lets them make magic items, Runes is a huge variety of themed effects that they would choose one of (like Uruz has strength and recovery themed effects, Thurisaz has defense, protection and storm themed effects, etc) which is as combat-oriented or not as they choose, and Binding is summoning. Runecasting is same, just with a first level effect instead of "actually having trained Runes and a full set of spells from a rune." It should be roughly equal to Alfkin's Fae Tricks, just a different list of effects. Metalknowing is, admittedly, a fluff thing more than something particularly advatageous. Maybe give Dverskin a bonus on any metal weapon they make or care for?
Lagrkin: With the above mentioned limiting of known spells and integration of non-magic/combat skills into the combat system with maneuvers and such, I can probably offer mundane skills on equal footing with magic skills. Alternatively, instead of getting two skills, they could get Proficient rating in one (+1/4 min +1 vs +1/2 min 2). Looking back over my notes, I remembered I'm using a Major, Move, Minor action economy and making some things usable as reactions instead of splitting Swift and Immediate, and anything you do as a reaction counts against your next turn's actions. So Quick Hands should allow the Lagrkin to spend a Wyrd to perform any manual task that is a major or less (ie, not full-round or more) as a reaction- so instead of free extra attacks, they can throw a dagger out of turn order. Overlooked is basically Hobbit "if no one is explicitly looking for me, I'm not likely to be noticed" and really just means their stealth DCs are 5 lower. I should include a note that this is instead of the bonus to hide checks from being small, because otherwise they actually always have at least a tier two success (1 on the die, plus four from size= journeyman, Overlooked upgrades to Basic). I hadn't thought about it when writing these up, it's a change I definitely need to make.
Lokin: Ditto on the skills thing- if Athletics lets you bounce around and slide in and out of threat in combat and Negotiation lets you bluff and feint and intimidate to meaningful effect in combat, then those can stand at the same level of worth as Transformation and Trickery. Ummm... one thing that comes to mind instead of giving them rage-light is to actually give them a trait from the Giant subtype- hitting multiple smaller creatures. Because giants are big and powerful, in Midgard they can use one attack to hit twice as many adjacent opponents per size category difference (1 step= 2 targets, 2 steps= 4 targets, etc). So instead of Rage and Powerful Build, Lokin could have that. Allowing them to count as large for that specific rule (And thus hit two adjacent medium creatures in a single attack) is maybe a bit much. Though counting as large could be their Wyrd point ability, something like- "Giant's Stature: Spend 1 Wyrd to count as a large creature for X rounds"
Orion wrote:Temporary +2 to a stat in a d20 game is shitty and frustrating. It's seriously not worth the time it takes to recalculate your bonuses.
Really? Just add +1 to any roll dependent on it.
Also, I know you said no fluff, but... rabbit dudes?
What?
ImageImageImage

Also I was actually thinking something more like this-
or possibly this-
Last edited by Prak on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

or
or
Last edited by ishy on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

What is that, an image for ants?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

OR... (instead of the ant image)...
By posting a giant pile of huge rabbit images in his post to defend his fluff he totally said he wasn't going into Prakk basically undermined the readability of the rest of his actual text actually defending his mechanics.

Anyway, text wise I'm still not seeing any solid resolution of the inequalities between mundane and magic skills.

And the Dwarfykin rune writing thing isn't "about equal" to the elf thing because it has more limitations. The elfykins get an X/per day spell. The dwarfykin has to spend time and resources writing stuff. And since it's only ONE rune, a multiple use spell is probably a lot more useful than like ONE type of enhanced item even if it lasts forever.

As for the rabbit extra actions thing... it currently doesn't say what you seem defend it as intending to say, so you might want to actually change it then. But the defense is still iffy. If I have a choice between a cantrip/not-cantrip, or a conditional costly limited plus one via might, or borrowing actions from a future that never happens to make more attacks today? I'm going with the free attacks, even if it's only a few free attacks a fight instead of free attacks every round.
Last edited by PhoneLobster on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phonelobster's Self Proclaimed Greatest Hits Collection : (no really, they are awesome)
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Okay, so here's the TLDR

You have no mechanics. We can't tell you if these races are mechanically balanced because the mechanics don't exist. Write some, then we'll talk.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

What kind of adventures do you expect PC's to go on. What kind of problems will they be solving? When we know what the challenges are (and mechanically how they work) we can start judging the character options.

A popular format to use for pitching new RPG's is the "Game Design Flowchart":

http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=31521
FrankTrollman wrote:This is in reference to the perplexing morass that the 40k design thread got to. Here's a step by step of designing a game.

Name the PCs

In D&D the characters are called a "party", which stands for "war party" and it colors the entire system. In Shadowrun it's a "Team", in Vampire it's a "coterie". If you name the PCs a "squad", a "pack", or whatever, it matters.

Step 2: Write up a Six Person Party

Seriously. Using words, not numbers, write up a six person party. Think about what each character contributes to the story, to the action, to completion of mission objectives.
  • Does everyone have something to do? If not, start over.

Remember that it is entirely possible that you'll have 6 players or more at the table. If there is a structural impediment to the way you've designed the character "classes" such that you can't fit six players into a whole where each contributes, it's not going to work as an RPG.

Step 3: Write up a Three Person Party

Again, using words not numbers outline a group of potential player characters. Only now you've only got three characters to work with. Think about how the group can respond to challenges and complete mission objectives.
  • Is there a talent critical to the group's success that that is missing from the group you've outlined? If so, start over.

Remember that people don't show up sometimes. Also, some games are small. If the game can't survive without a full team, it can't survive.

Step Four: Outline an Adventure

Using words, not numbers or mechanics, outline an adventure. Block it out in terms of time. Figure that you have somewhere between 2 and 6 hours. Any discussions that happen "in character" are resolved slower than real time. Any tactical combat is likewise resolved in much less than real time. Travel is handled almost instantly unless you make players describe in detail that they are "looking for traps/ambushes/their ass with both hands" - in which case it takes practically forever.
  • Are there substantial blocks of time that one or more characters have nothing to add to the situation? If so, start over.
  • If you use major "mini-games" such as puzzle solving or tactical combat, is every character able to contribute significantly to these mini-games? If not, are these mini-games extremely short? If the answer to both questions is no, start over.

If you have a tactical combat mini-game (or the equivalent) that takes up a significant amount of the overall game it will inevitably become the benchmark by which a character's worth is measured. Characters who don't measure up... don't measure up.

Players who don't have anything meaningful or valued for their characters to do will wander off and play computer games.

Step Five: Write out a campaign

It doesn't have to span years of epic tales or any of that crap, but it does need to have a story arc and outline a potential advancement scheme as you envision it.
  • Does everyone have a roughly equivalent available advancement scheme? It's OK if noone advances during the campaign or even if negative advancement accumulates as people run out of ammunition and get injured. But if you envision some players going on to become a world dominating sorcerer lord and the other characters becoming better dog trainer - start over.

It's really frustrating when one player is flying around fighting gods and other characters are not. It really isn't better if the game ends up that way than if the players start off with that kind of disparity.

Step Six: Choose a Base System

Based on your previous work, consider what base system would best correspond to what it is that you're doing. There are a lot of game systems that you just plug numbers into (d20, HERO, SAME, BESM, etc. and whatever); there are a number of other systems which work fine for what they do and can be adapted to whatever it is that you want to do (Shadowrun, Feng Shui, WFRP, Paranoia, etc.). Consider the play dynamics and character distinctions that you want and the limitations of the system in question. If you want some characters picking up and throwing cars, d20 doesn't work. If you want all the characters at roughly human strength, HERO doesn't work.
  • If you intend the game to have a high and permanent lethality rate? If so, start over if your system takes a long time to generate characters.
  • Can you figure out how to model all the abilities that characters need to fulfill your concept in your system? If not, start over.

Step Seven: Do the Math

Once you've got this going, you can do the laborious, but not difficult task of actually plugging numbers in to generate the abilities you've concepted.
  • Run the numbers. Have the numbers you've generated actually provided you with a reasonable chance of producing the story arcs you're looking for? If not, start over.
  • Check yourself against the Random Number Generator. If high values that are achievable within the campaign can't lose to the low numbers also available in the campaign, you don't actually have a "game" at that point you just have "I win" - is that OK for the situations it comes up in? If not...

-Username17
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm going to guess you're not familiar with Fate's aspects system. That's what Wyrd is. You have a starting budget of Wyrd points, but you can easily get more, and they refresh per adventure either way. So, sure, not usable as often as Fae Tricks. They should last longer, though. I notice I didn't give a duration, I'll ballpark it at a session. I also notice that it says cantrip like Fae Tricks did, assume they're getting up to first level effects too.

So there needs to be an example of rune effects now. The rune Hagalz represents hail, disruption, natural destruction, and the uncontrollable. A simple spell list for it could be-
1st: Frost Touch (shocking grasp but cold), Ray of Frost (1d4)
2nd: Winter's Gale (gust of wind with a d3 cold damage rider), Shiver (cold themed daze monster)
3rd: Burst of Hail (coldball), Sleetstorm
4th: Ice Storm, Wall of Ice
5th: Cone of Cold, Chillfog (cold themed cloudkill)

A secondary spell list could focus on disruption and give Disrupt Undead, Disrupting Touch (inflict), and so on.

A Dverskin with Runecasting (Hagalz) could pick from effects like making a weapon deal cold damage, bonus damage against Undead, make an item radiate a Disrupting aura that forces a Presence save to approach it and so on. And it just requires something to write with and on, not special reagents. And I said write, not etch, it takes, like, a round at most. I'll edit in "as a major action" later.

Alfkin basically get to pick a level 1 enchantment, illusion or druid spell.

With Lagrkin's quick hands- it doesn't say that because I'm not saying it does, I'm saying "I forgot something I was doing, it should probably work this way, actually."

And I apologize that pictures make it so hard to read the words before them. I never guessed but should have that a lobster would have such a sandy vagina.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Orion wrote:Okay, so here's the TLDR

You have no mechanics. We can't tell you if these races are mechanically balanced because the mechanics don't exist. Write some, then we'll talk.
OH
MY
FUCKING
DEMONS

I didn't say fuck all about my mechanics in the OP because I didn't want to clutter shit up and people usually aren't expected to post their fucking mechanics in EVERY FUCKING INDIVIDUAL POST WHERE THEY ASK PEOPLES OPINIONS. But I summed them up in my third post since people APPARENTLY COULDN'T BE ARSED TO HAVE READ MY PREVIOUS THREADS OR TYPE SEVEN FUCKING LETTERS INTO THE SEARCH AND HIT ENTER TO FIND THEM.

Read... ANY of the fucking times I've talked about my mechanics. I'll grant you that they weren't all that solid at first, but the shit I posted in the fifth fucking post of this thread are some pretty solid mechanics to go by for offering advice here. If you need something more solid than that, then go fucking read my past posts.
Ogrebattle wrote:What kind of adventures do you expect PC's to go on. What kind of problems will they be solving? When we know what the challenges are (and mechanically how they work) we can start judging the character options.

A popular format to use for pitching new RPG's is the "Game Design Flowchart":

http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=31521
Jesus H Tap-Dancing Christ
You've even posted in those threads! You should know what fucking kind of adventures!

But since I have to repeat myself in every thread I ask for help on Midgard in-

Midgard is about playing a norse-themed iron-age guy with a sword. It uses the basics of d20, which is to say, the combat engine, but characters don't have classes, they just have a character level (1-10), get HD and saves from their race, and get a feat and a class feature each level. Magic is skill based, only goes up to roughly fifth level effects and even then will be getting overhauled so that being a guy with a sword matters at the tail end of 10 levels. You're expected to go on adventures where you kill monsters and ransack towns.

Basically, it's making D&D function at the "Dude With a Sword" end rather than trying to bootstrap everyone up to "Abusively Played Transmuter" level.

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

I'm a weak man. I sword not to engage, and here I am engaging. Fuck.
  • "Skill familiarity" is shit, like almost all d20 mechanics based on having numbers diverge as levels are gained. Either they get broken too fast, or they simply don't do anything. Consider Tier 1 skill, which apparently gives +1/4 levels. Do you have any idea what 4 levels means in d20? 4 levels is the difference between Fly and Teleport. It shouldn't be the difference between Athletics +6 and Athletics +7. For a 5th level character in your system, the tiers of skill training are +1/+2/+5/+8. That's terrible. Not only are the early tiers very small compared to the RNG, they're far smaller bonuses than the later tiers. Your system basically forces someone to max all their skills because dips are so bad.
  • I'm not opposed to rabbitmen in general; I'm wondering why you would put them in a nordic setting and make them better at "technical skills, and magic of transmutation and binding" than dwarves. And why they're a higher priority than getting in something related to niefelheim, helheim, or muspelheim.
  • I don't even know what you think is happening with this dwarf rune thing. So there's a spell list for each rune, but the dwarf rune feature gives you powers that aren't on the spell list or even related to anything on the spell list. And I originally that the runecarving thing was basically just like spellcasting where you'd get an explosive runes style object that triggered a spell, or you'd get a buff that ran for however long the buff ran. But now apparently dwarves make free permanent magic items by spending resources that are generated during every encounter? And those permanent magic items are somehow "more limited" than casting a spell-like a couple times a day, because they're ONE RUNE, but actually ONE RUNE is a list of multiple selectable effects, and there's no specified limit to how many rune items you can equip and how many you can share with your friends.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Skill familiarity came from a thread about how to fix D&Ds skills. I want magic to be skill based, so I have to do something about the system. Do you have a suggestion for a better fix to the skill system?

I can see that point, but the idea is for Lagrkin to be tied to Vanaheim, which is probably more reasonable for a player race than Fireworld, Coldworld or Deadworld. For appearance, Lokin can get away with looking diverse because they're descended from Loki, but they're probably an exception. Cats are more readily linked to Norse myth than rabbits, but will gloss as anime-ish. But while Freyja's chariot was pulled by cats, she was served by rabbits. Dwarves are better craftsmen, Lagrkin are inherently trained in senses, breaking stuff, being outdoorsy/farmers, because svartalfar sat in their workshops and made stuff, adventures were for other people.

In my response to PL, I realized I hadn't put a duration on Runecasting, and put a soft definition of "a session" on it. You're right, I don't have full effect lists written up for thirty runes while I'm still pounding out the basic game before I get into magic. So, how is this for a rewrite of Runecasting?

Runecasting: By spending 1 Wyrd, as a full round action, a dverskin may write a single rune on an object to grant it a minor ability. Dverskin can use this for a single rune, chosen at character creation. The effect lasts for one session, after which the rune has rubbed off and must be reapplied.
Sample effects- deal 1d4 (cold/fire/electric) damage to creatures touching or struck by the object (doesn't harm wielder), force a (dc10+dverskin wisdom mod) Presence save from creatures of a specified type to approach closer than 10', emit light as a torch, appear to be more valuable than truly is, provide +1 bonus to a specific type of save, make sleep restful despite hard or rough sleeping surface, heal twice as fast through rest, make a mount travel (Wis mod) miles more in a day

Each rune will have, say, three minor effects of this sort. You make a good point that there needs to be more limits than just fate points, because a canny player can do a good bit to get a bunch of fate points. Do you have a suggestion for a limit which would balance this flexibility with Fae Tricks?

PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Prak wrote:Sample effects- deal 1d4 (cold/fire/electric) damage to creatures touching or struck by the object (doesn't harm wielder), force a (dc10+dverskin wisdom mod) Presence save from creatures of a specified type to approach closer than 10', emit light as a torch, appear to be more valuable than truly is, provide +1 bonus to a specific type of save, make sleep restful despite hard or rough sleeping surface, heal twice as fast through rest, make a mount travel (Wis mod) miles more in a day
I find them boring, but more importantly, those last three, and possibly the torch one, would require some significantly formalized specialist sub systems covering overland travel, out of combat time keeping, camping luxury, and lighting. And considering the rest of the mechanical direction, not just the incompleteness mind you, but the actual direction and style of the thing... I have my doubts those are going to exist.

At which point those abilities become deeply less reliably useful. There is a reason why so many players in these sorts of games say "Combat options only, final destination" and are making the right choice.
Do you have a suggestion for a limit which would balance this flexibility with Fae Tricks?
No. With enough assing about you might eventually find a way to reconcile those two things, but I don't like either of them and don't even want to think about repeatedly grinding them against each other until they finally sort of fit if you squint at them sideways and ignore all the blood spurting out.
Last edited by PhoneLobster on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Bah, the "fluff" is crap too.

A list of Humans, Halfelves, Halfdwarves, Orcs and not-Hobbits as the playable races does not make me excited about the game. That's territory that D&D and 85% of its clones have more than covered in the past 40 years. I understand that you're working from the same Norse mythic sources that Tolkien was, so some overlap is inevitable, but you could have included Jotun or Valkyries or somesuch.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, sure, but both of those would be equivalent to like 5th level characters. Or Jotun would be, at least, I'm not sure what would make a Valkyrie.

Omegonthesane
Prince

Post by Omegonthesane »

Prak wrote:Ok, sure, but both of those would be equivalent to like 5th level characters. Or Jotun would be, at least, I'm not sure what would make a Valkyrie.
"We start at level 5" would make Midgard stand out from Heartbreaker #37B.
Kaelik wrote:Because powerful men get away with terrible shit, and even the public domain ones get ignored, and then, when the floodgates open, it turns out there was a goddam flood behind it.

Zak S, Zak Smith, Dndwithpornstars, Zak Sabbath, Justin Bieber, shitmuffin
Night Goat
Journeyman

Re: Midgard Races

Post by Night Goat »

Prak wrote: Lagrkin (shortarses)
Lagrkin are the obligatory short race of Midgard, as well as the slightly-furry race which will appeal to a good number of players. Catfolk would be more broadly appealing, but I like the idea of them being more rabbit-based, which also fits nicely into making them hobbit expies, what with the vegetable diet and burrowing.
No. Nothing is obligatory. You can make the best game you can or you can attempt to appeal to as many people as possible, but you can't do both.
Gnorman
Apprentice

Post by Gnorman »

Night Goat makes a solid point. I would also submit a narrower point along those same lines: in your desire to appeal to both catfolk and hobbit fans, you might end up appealing to neither.
Last edited by Gnorman on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Yeah, I was going to bitch super hard about the lack of Jotun. I didn't because I thought that humans as the super warrior giant race was a cool idea.

EDIT: Also, it's really weird that your elves and orcs are basically the same. I mean, orcs as the master manipulators was probably a bad choice anyway. Your contrarianism ran away with you there. I'm totally in favor of having a race that looks "monster-ish" or has an unsavory backstory be the diplomats and organizers; that's an interesting inversion. I don't understand why they're specifically orcs, though. This whole game has a weird hybridization of myth sources and D&D, and I thought the point of the D&D was to make it familiar to gamers and let them quickly grasp what was what. If you make orcs favored class: bard, then that gains you nothing.

Don't make your master manipulators green. Nothing in the sources is green, and "green" doesnt mean "face"in D&D; it means "barbarian." A Nordic/D&D mashup is not the place to deconstruct D&D tropes. It's just not. I recommend making them look like something actually norse, such as jotun. You can still indulge your contrarianism by making the playable jotuns be faces instead of fighters, by declaring that the playable Jotun are all specifically descendants of Loki and they inherited his magic more than his size. All you need to change is to make the Lokin blue-skinned (possibly with icicle hair) instead of green-skinned with tusks.

While you're at it, you should probably consider doing something different with elves. Either: (a) make them the skalds and illusionist and totally scrap the Lokin concept. (b) axe the whole social theme from the alfar, and play them up as hunters with terrifying speed and stealth, or (c) scrap alfar and play up that business about fates and mysticism by replacing them with Nornoer or something.

EDIT 2: Electric Boogaloo. Let me make clear: I actually like the rabbity short dudes. They're cool. I'm not such a fan of outright furries, at least not rabbit furries, but I think leaning on a more subtle resemblance to an animal is a cool design hook for a fantasy race. Save that writeup and use it for something. I'm just not 100% sold they belong in this project.
Last edited by Orion on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Prak wrote:Read... ANY of the fucking times I've talked about my mechanics. I'll grant you that they weren't all that solid at first, but the shit I posted in the fifth fucking post of this thread are some pretty solid mechanics to go by for offering advice here. If you need something more solid than that, then go fucking read my past posts.
Wow, I somehow didn't notice your rageout/meltdown when I was writing my first reply. I would have been significantly less respectful.

Look, asshole, I've read most of your rule threads in the past. I don't remember all the details, but I'm sure as fuck not going to go back and study them now. You know why? Because you're re-writing (or rather promising to re-write) your core mechanics on the fly in this thread. It's equally funny and sad that you think throwing down a new regime in your fifth post is a good sign. You may feel that of the fifth post you have things pretty well locked down, but for an outside observer there is no reason to believe that's true. The history is that every time you talk about these things you change them. Until you take the time to actually revise your shit to reflect the ideas you throw out in offhand comments, nobody will take you seriously, and nobody would be able to review your shit even if they wanted to. For fuck's sake, even if the core mechanics existed, the content of these races doesn't. You mentioned in one of your subsequent posts that you're probably changing the saves humans get, but you didn't edit the OP. If someone dropped in and said "humans are too strong/too weak," how would you even know what version they were talking about?

Post all the links you want, all it proves is that you have vomited words. It doesn't show that those words actually mean anything.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

Metapost, please ignore.
Holy shit, dude. You managed to piss off Orion. That guy talks to silva with kinder language than that while calling him out! Well done. [/i]
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Orion wrote:
Prak wrote:Read... ANY of the fucking times I've talked about my mechanics. I'll grant you that they weren't all that solid at first, but the shit I posted in the fifth fucking post of this thread are some pretty solid mechanics to go by for offering advice here. If you need something more solid than that, then go fucking read my past posts.
Wow, I somehow didn't notice your rageout/meltdown when I was writing my first reply. I would have been significantly less respectful.

Look, asshole, I've read most of your rule threads in the past. I don't remember all the details, but I'm sure as fuck not going to go back and study them now. You know why? Because you're re-writing (or rather promising to re-write) your core mechanics on the fly in this thread. It's equally funny and sad that you think throwing down a new regime in your fifth post is a good sign. You may feel that of the fifth post you have things pretty well locked down, but for an outside observer there is no reason to believe that's true. The history is that every time you talk about these things you change them. Until you take the time to actually revise your shit to reflect the ideas you throw out in offhand comments, nobody will take you seriously, and nobody would be able to review your shit even if they wanted to. For fuck's sake, even if the core mechanics existed, the content of these races doesn't. You mentioned in one of your subsequent posts that you're probably changing the saves humans get, but you didn't edit the OP. If someone dropped in and said "humans are too strong/too weak," how would you even know what version they were talking about?

Post all the links you want, all it proves is that you have vomited words. It doesn't show that those words actually mean anything.
My point is that I have mechanics. They may be shit, I may need to revise them, and I may forget parts when I spitball stuff like Quickhands, but they're there. So, yes, I had a melt down. I've got five threads because I never know what the hell the procedure is here. Some people keep all their game design to a single thread, some people make a new thread for each segment of their design. And then there's the fact that I was putting the threads in IMOI, but then there was a thread some time where the prominent, more experienced in design people said they consider it the place for finished products and don't really look at stuff there. Also, I tend to not go back and edit shit because that then removes context for extant posts. Maybe I shouldn't do that. Or maybe I should keep my OPs up to date and keep the old versions in spoilers. Fuck if I know.

The last time I made a thread about Midgard in general, I made a thread for set mechanics, and a thread for workshopping things still in flux. Which of course fell apart immediately, but what the hell was I expecting.

When you say I'm rewriting on the fly in this thread, I don't even know what you're talking about. Do you mean the reaction thing? It's a pretty standard action economy idea talked about here, and if I didn't write it in my vomitorium of mechanics, mea culpa.

Look, a lot of you bastards who are more experienced with design got through your "Dog with a chem set" phase off the internet, or at least somewhere other than here. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing, or well, only the barest clue what I'm doing, but I'm trying to learn. I've been talking about this, literally, since Desolation of Smaug came out. I've mentioned it here and there. If you'd said "I have no clue what version of your mechanics you're using at this point, sort that out" I'd have... ok, maybe I'd have just sheepishly said "Oh, um, it's this." I'll cop to having at least one melt down per project. Because I'm a shitlord like that.

Anyway, no meltdown, no intentional revisions, these are my mechanics for Midgard as they stand:
The Basics
Midgard is intended to be a 10 level sword and sorcery hack. Characters don't advance in classes, they have a creature type and a race, and a character level. Skills and feats are gained per CharLv. Class Abilities are eschewed in favor of open ability selection by theme (yes I realize how shitty that sounds, what I mean is there are prerequisites to abilities but you don't have to have Barbarian levels to rage, you just choose the Rage power). Characters get a feat and a specialty at each level, and specialties are things like Rage Dice or Sneak Attack.

Skills
Skills advance by tiers that amount to "I don't care about this" (0), "I don't care, but it might come up" (1/4 char level, costs 1 point), "I want to be competent in this" (1/2 char level, costs 2 points), "I want to be good at this" (char level, costs 3 points) and "I am all about this" (char level+3, costs 4 points). Each tier defaults to the number of points spent on it, so there is actually a point to the first three tiers being different at first level.
LevelTrainedProficientSkilledFocused

this is as much for my benefit as anyone else's. It makes me realize that low familiarity is fucked and I need to go back to the drawing board. Again, I'm open to suggestions as to what would be better.

Magic is skill based. You get magic by putting points in a magic skill (Binding, Crafting, Divination, Healing, Naturalism, Necromancy, Runes, Skald, Necromancy, Trickery). To cast a spell, you must have a sufficiently high level (spell "circle"[read level]x2) and a sufficiently high training (spell circle-1 points spent on skill). More skill training and more levels makes lower circle spells more level appropriate, for example-
Ice Armour
Water Magic 1, Hagalz 1
Somatic, Vocal
Casting Time 1 Full Round
Duration 1 round per Skill Rank
Resist No

Chilling the vapor of the air with your magic, you create thin plates of ice on yourself. This behaves in all ways as Full Plate. Enemies in melee also take 1 Cold damage per round they are adjacent to you. While this spell is active, you are unbothered by extreme cold.
Skilled: For each skill rank you possess beyond the first, you may increase one of the following Damage Soak by one point, increase the cold damage by 1 die type (1>1d4>1d6 etc). For every two skill ranks beyond the first you possess, you may increase the range of your cold damage by increasing your effective size one step, or increase the duration of the spell by 1 time unit (rounds>minutes>hours, cannot increase beyond 1 hour per level), or decrease the casting time by one step (Full>Std>Move>Swift).
Mighty- 7: A 7th level character who casts Ice Armour gives off a frightening pall, turning the terrain within the reach of their cold damage aura into difficult, Greased terrain, and receives +3 AC while they are in contact with the chill earth created by this spell.
When you buy familiarity in a magic skill it gives you a spell list of ten spells- two of each spell circle. Additional spells can be bought as five spell lists for a point.
Each magic skill will allow you to choose your base spell list from a set. For Trickery this is stuff like Illusions or Charming, for Naturalism it's stuff like Animals, Plants, Fire, etc. For Runes, it's individual runes, which have spell lists based on what the rune represents.
Character Creation
Characters begin at level 1 with a Creature Type based HD and saves based on type/race. They select a profession which gives them some baseline training in skills- like Woodsman gives you Trained Perception and Brawl and a discounted Proficient Naturalism that gives the wilderness survival function but not spellcasting, though giving you the option of picking up the spellcasting buy paying a point to bring it up to full Proficient Naturalism.
[Disclaimer- Professions are prioritized after races, this is a spitball example to illustrate what I mean. It occurs to me that every profession intended for player use should include a combat skill to avoid some shmuck playing a pure face with no attack skill and getting rolled immediately]

Characters select one feat at chargen. These will not be bullshit feats like "+3 to a skill" or "+1 to a weapon." Metamagic feats, Tome Necromantic Feats, and possibly some of the later 3.5 feats like Reserve, Devotion and Tactical feats seem to be the model I'm interested in, where feats represent additional options rather than taxes to make abilities viable.

Characters select one specialty at chargen. These are things like Tome Barbarian rage dice, sneak attack, and so on. They will scale. Some D&D feats will conceptually work better as specialties, like the various bad-touched feats./

Each level, including first, gives the character two skill points to place as they please. Cross-class skills aren't a thing.

Combat
Instead of a base attack bonus, characters buy combat skills- Accuracy for ranged and finesse, Brawl for melee, Wrestle for grappling. Attackers roll 1d20 and add the relevant skill and it's appropriate ability mod (might, agility and might, respectively). Defenders have static defense values which use the relevant combat skill for whatever weapon they're wielding, plus the appropriate ability mod, plus seven. This is then modified based on the circumstances of combat, so that defending with Accuracy on a turn where you've moved at least 10 feet gives you a +3 to your defense.
Other than the source of the numbers, combat works like D&D, though Grapple needs to be simplified.
So, things I still need to write-
  • Races (the point of this thread)
  • Professions
  • Feats and Specialties. Though in writing the above mechanics, it occurs to me that making these separate things is probably stupid. What do people think? Feats and Specialties as separate things and you get one of each at every level, or just Feats covering both ideas?
  • Combat maneuvers for non-magical skills
  • Grapple rewrite
  • Spell lists
  • The actual spells
And of course monsters, setting, etc. That list is my rough prioritization of those things, but I'm open to being told I'm ordering them wrong. What more do you want to see before you feel you can evaluate races? What spells are going to do?
Omegonthesane wrote:
Prak wrote:Ok, sure, but both of those would be equivalent to like 5th level characters. Or Jotun would be, at least, I'm not sure what would make a Valkyrie.
"We start at level 5" would make Midgard stand out from Heartbreaker #37B.
Fair enough. I considered the "Everyone starts at level 4" idea that Avor floated but never settled on it. It would be a good way to tackle low-level mortality. Everyone's got inflated hp, but at least you're less likely to get one-shotted. It would also mean Lokin can be actual giants.
Night Goat wrote:
Prak wrote: Lagrkin (shortarses)
No. Nothing is obligatory. You can make the best game you can or you can attempt to appeal to as many people as possible, but you can't do both.
People like their scrappy midgets. I wouldn't say that such a race is necessarily inappropriate for a norse-themed game. In truth there's a lot of meta-reasons I have a midget race- it's expected, I do like the idea if not 3.5's execution of it, this project started out as a Peter Jackson Hobbit wannabee... I think I've also just had the idea of a rabbit race kicking around in my head for awhile. Would nine races be too much? That would allow me to have one tied to each world, and I could possibly stick with the rabbits.
Gnorman wrote: I would also submit a narrower point along those same lines: in your desire to appeal to both catfolk and hobbit fans, you might end up appealing to neither.
If I implied I was trying to appeal to catfolk fans specifically, I was stupid. It's not really meant to appeal specifically to catfolk fans, more people who like furry races in general, rather than catfolk specifically.
Orion wrote:Yeah, I was going to bitch super hard about the lack of Jotun. I didn't because I thought that humans as the super warrior giant race was a cool idea.

EDIT: Also, it's really weird that your elves and orcs are basically the same. I mean, orcs as the master manipulators was probably a bad choice anyway. Your contrarianism ran away with you there. I'm totally in favor of having a race that looks "monster-ish" or has an unsavory backstory be the diplomats and organizers; that's an interesting inversion. I don't understand why they're specifically orcs, though. This whole game has a weird hybridization of myth sources and D&D, and I thought the point of the D&D was to make it familiar to gamers and let them quickly grasp what was what. If you make orcs favored class: bard, then that gains you nothing.

Don't make your master manipulators green. Nothing in the sources is green, and "green" doesnt mean "face"in D&D; it means "barbarian." A Nordic/D&D mashup is not the place to deconstruct D&D tropes. It's just not. I recommend making them look like something actually norse, such as jotun. You can still indulge your contrarianism by making the playable jotuns be faces instead of fighters, by declaring that the playable Jotun are all specifically descendants of Loki and they inherited his magic more than his size. All you need to change is to make the Lokin blue-skinned (possibly with icicle hair) instead of green-skinned with tusks.
The Lokin were originally concepted as giant-kin, and thus intended to take the "savage race" niche of orcs, but when I sat down to write the races, I realized I had five races and five stats, and I needed to figure out whether Lagrkin of Durskin (the previous name for Lokin) got the presence bonus. Loki is a giant, so making them specifically kin to Loki, rather than Jotun in general, was a good explanation for giving them the Presence bonus. So, this is another case of my dangerous stupidity when I was writing this thread, because the intent is closer to what you're talking about, but some of the old Durskin ideas clung on.
While you're at it, you should probably consider doing something different with elves. Either: (a) make them the skalds and illusionist and totally scrap the Lokin concept. (b) axe the whole social theme from the alfar, and play them up as hunters with terrifying speed and stealth, or (c) scrap alfar and play up that business about fates and mysticism by replacing them with Nornoer or something.
What if elves took the "dangerous, untrustworthy savages" role? It diverges a good bit from the quasi-angelic alfar of norse myth, but then they're also sort of just nature spirits, so I could make the savage bit more of an alien morality thing. I actually wasn't aware there were more than three norns, but I could see doing something like that. I guess they'd have a choice of being able to hand out bonuses or penalties?

I could also do something with Valkyries, having taken a quick look at them as a mythological creature. I suppose they could get a permanent Status or Deathwatch effect and, again, the ability to alter rolls a bit.

I guess Norns would have the ability to give people buffs or debuffs with durations, while Valkyries would be able to modify rolls after the fact- "yeah, that's actually a hit" and the such.
EDIT 2: Electric Boogaloo. Let me make clear: I actually like the rabbity short dudes. They're cool. I'm not such a fan of outright furries, at least not rabbit furries, but I think leaning on a more subtle resemblance to an animal is a cool design hook for a fantasy race. Save that writeup and use it for something. I'm just not 100% sold they belong in this project.
Fair enough. I don't recall how I settled on the idea of rabbit folk. Like I said above, I've had the idea for a rabbit race kicking around in my head for a while now. I started thinking about rabbit fera for Werewolf back when I was playing that and read about some of the folklore associated with rabbits, and I think the idea's just still up there. Plus, Usagi Yojimbo, Ursula Vernon's latest painting, etc.

Also, sorry for my stupid melt down. I don't even know.

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Ah sorry about that, had a brain fart on your previous Midgard threads.