[3.x]Call to Adventure: Secrets of the Fire Swamp

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Left with the tree.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

So should I still chat these guys up?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Well, we really don't have anything to go on. Er... anyone with knowledge ranks?
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

I was thinking that as soon as Vian gets within 130 of that water creature he will try to ego whip it for 3 pp.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

I'll probably just cast Wall of Smoke. Try to get as many green folk while targeting the big guy too. It's also widened. FYI.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

So, do we attack the water creature?

If we decide to do that, let me sicken it first.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Acid and rad both seem in favor of attacking the water creature. I'm indifferent.

Now the water creature is an interesting opponent. It looks strong enough that it could possibly shred Archie in melee, and it almost certainly has enough HD that color spray will only take it out for 1 round. It's in water so grease is of no use.

I could grease the mossy skull face guys. It'd make it harder for them to leave the wall of smoke. Or I could color spray them. But anyone in the party could crowd control them while I'm probably the best at meleeing that big thing.

I might be able to pounce-stunlock it (it'll probably fail one of the 6 DC 16 Fort saves) from above while avoiding entering the wall of smoke (because of my reach). I think I'll go with that (delay until wall of smoke is cast then activate my fighting style and pounce).

So it looks like our plan is:

Orr sickens the water creature
Dragaan casts wall of smoke on the creature and some of the mossy guys
Vian ego whips water creature
I fighting-style-pounce it, using my reach to avoid entering the wall (I assume Acid will place it in a manner that I could attack it without risking getting in the smoke myself)

Sound good?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Okay, so that happened. I was considering going with this post:
To everyone, "Oh... uh, sorry about that. We're strangers to this land and were just attacked by some trees here, so we're a bit on edge. We mean no harm to anyone who doesn't mean to harm us. We sincerely apologize for the interruption. Please, ignore us and carry on."

To the creature: "Sorry about the discomfort. It'll wear off as soon as you calm down." (duration is 'for the combat')

To the green figure, "Yeah, I can hear you. This is consensual on your part right? I thought you might have been being offered as a meal or something."

but figured I'd check with everyone else first, in case you want to attack them anyway, or want to try something else.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:I might be able to pounce-stunlock it (it'll probably fail one of the 6 DC 16 Fort saves)
Only one save per creature after applying Comprehensive Tome Errata:
"While Active, your Fighting Style forces any opponent struck by your slam attack to make a Fortitude Save (DC 10 + ½ your character level + your Wisdom Modifier) or become stunned for one round. This occurs after each attack, before the next one, and only one save is forced per creature."
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

We had that rule before the Errata. A creature hit by the monk makes a save at the end of his turn to avoid getting stunned, and only one save. No matter how many times it got hit.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Crap, I wouldn't have taken that Fighting Style had I noticed that, and taken the DR-beating one instead.

Eh, doesn't look like we'll get into combat anyways.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

Darth/Rad. Is it just you two talking to the dragon turtle or whatever it is.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

To my knowledge, yes.
AcidBlades
Journeyman

Post by AcidBlades »

I guess I'm a fool for my inability to fucking fly. At least until level 6.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Honestly. I have no idea what to do here.

Edit: Honestly, if we do not have healing I would rather that Vian sits this one out. If possible he will row back to the ship.
Last edited by Dominicius on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Well, the skeleton is holding a large stone puzzle-box and a lizard-person has emerged from the river with a proposition.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

We'll ask the lizard person if there's a way to get you some healing before we set out on the quest we get.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

You guys want me to scout out the direction that the creature said the healing spring was in? I can probably fly faster than most of the party can move. That being said, splitting up the party is a questionable decision at the best of times.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

AcidBlades wrote:I guess I'm a fool for my inability to fucking fly. At least until level 6.
You and me both.

Though, hey, it's a level 3 game.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Welp. Seems like my the last post I made was only a few minutes after AH explained everything. Right as I was making my post AH went and ninja'd me.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

+1d6 damage
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Could we have retroactively brought the unconscious (probably knocked out with non lethal damage afterwards) rat with us? If we did, we probably should've asked the hierophant about it, but eh, she seemed to be in a hurry anyway. I don't have any particular plan in mind, but just so we might be able to ask someone else about it later on, or need to test something out with a live subject.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The tree-rat is deceased.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

From a color spray? Intriguing. Or did it die the moment the trees disappeared? Well, no harm in carrying around the corpse if there still is one, I think. Not going to throw it into what could be the healing spring, as that might corrupt the spring or maybe just piss off the scaly ones and/or the bone mother, but no harm in carrying it around I suppose.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Are all the non-fliers just walking down the road to the spring?