So, Anime You Like Lately

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

MGuy wrote:I enjoyed most of the first season. It looked like they were going to seriously get into what it'd be like to have to suddenly rely on eating people and all the things that entailed. Then they just didn't. Copy paste that sentiment for each and every potentially interesting direction they could've taken the story and then just didn't. It had me even up to the end of the 1st season but they did so little that when the second season came out I couldn't make it past the first episode of it.
I couldn't make it past the first two episodes.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Shrapnel wrote:Well now I know where I'll be spending my afternoon.
Yeah, it just came out, so there's no sub yet. I wish subs came out sooner and were better, because I mostly multi-task while watching things unless I'm in a theatre.

I was actually slightly surprised they didn't advance the kids further in age. I mean, I watched the original series as a... middle schooler, I think? and I'm in college (and have been for ten years...). It was a bit weird to see them only in high school, with the exception of Jou, who's doing entrance exam stuff.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Koumei wrote: My to-watch list is still huge... BlazBlue, Yuruyuri, Rozen Maiden, Ghost in the Shell, K-On!, Maken-ki, Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!, Onee-chan ga Kita, Aki-Sora, Mahoromatic 2...

Send help ;_;
Rozen Maiden has some detailed characters, but the main guy is your standard harem wimp. A few weird moments because his harem is all dolls. Story is actually good. The most recent season is garbage. They tried to reboot the story, but forgot to actually include the things that made the first 2 enjoyable.

K-On! is adorable, but doesn't have much beyond that. Characters are standard tropes, there isn't any story, and it is all based on being cute. That being said, the character interactions feel very natural. A good presentation, but if you don't like Kiniro Mosaic, you won't like K-On! either.

Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai is about bullying and pretending that it is friendship. It made me very uncomfortable.

Mahoromatic 2 is exactly the same as the first one, but the ending is breathtaking. So, if you liked the first one, you will like the second.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Watched Letter to Momo, heartwarming story about being considerate towards others as you do not know how they truly feel or what tomorrow will bring.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai is about bullying and pretending that it is friendship. It made me very uncomfortable.
que? O.o
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Stahlseele wrote:
que? O.o
3/4s of the show is black haired bitch manipulating others into embarrasing themselves, and hitting them with a flyswatter.

EDIT: and the rape scene was... bad.
Last edited by AndreiChekov on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

AndreiChekov wrote:
Stahlseele wrote:
que? O.o
3/4s of the show is black haired bitch manipulating others into embarrasing themselves, and hitting them with a flyswatter.

That summary, and the early comments, could all have been needless, all anyone had to say was "Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai has a rape scene" and that would have been everything we needed to know.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
AndreiChekov
Knight-Baron

Post by AndreiChekov »

Kaelik wrote:
AndreiChekov wrote:
Stahlseele wrote: que? O.o

That summary, and the early comments, could all have been needless, all anyone had to say was "Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai has a rape scene" and that would have been everything we needed to know.
Or just skip the last episode of the first season
Peace favour your sword.

I only play 3.x
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Kaelik wrote:That summary, and the early comments, could all have been needless, all anyone had to say was "Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai has a rape scene" and that would have been everything we needed to know.
Very true. That was on my "maybe watch?" list, but thanks to these revelations, I can happily remove it.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

... What rape scene? Am I forgetting a scene, or do you mean the thing with Sena molesting Kodaka's sister?
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Yeah, i don't really remember that rape scene either O.o
As for the bullying . . Well, they don't really like each other and are more or less competing for the male main so that's about the same as it is in many harem shows.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I just want to point out that in Princess Lover, all the girls ended up in the same room at one point (on the mandatory hot springs episode*), and spoke about how they all like the same guy and how one day he's going to choose someone "And it might not even be one of us". And they promised then and there to not be bitter or resentful about it because that'd just make everyone miserable.

I mean, the show then decided to be more of an Action Team thing and started forgetting about the harem bit, and that turned out pretty well, but they showed that it really isn't necessary for a harem show to do "the standard thing".

*It's the law. Every anime needs one. The creators could go to jail if they don't include it.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Hey now, don't exaggerate about the hot springs episode.

Beach episodes are an accepted substitute.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Meikle641 wrote:... What rape scene? Am I forgetting a scene, or do you mean the thing with Sena molesting Kodaka's sister?
"What rape scene? Am I forgetting a scene, or do you mean the rape scene?"

:roll:
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i did not even know that there were OVAs to the series untill now O.o
only watched the normal series episodes.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Ninja Scroll has a rape scene, but then again most MadHouse productions do.

If only there were ratings like for American movies.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

name_here wrote:Hey now, don't exaggerate about the hot springs episode.

Beach episodes are an accepted substitute.
That's true. Or a bath-house. That's acceptable as well. Some shows stay on the safe side by going for all of the above, of course.

Anyway, I started on Rozen Maiden. It is delightful.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I only watched the show, hadn't heard of the OVAs. The show is worth watching, I guess. I got laughs from it.

Yozora is a piece of shit, though. Meat is bad in different ways, given her fucked up obsession with Kodaka's sister. Typical for anime and Lena Dunham.
Last edited by Meikle641 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i watched GITS-The New Movie
i didn't understand GITS-The New Movie
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I didn't think it was all that terribly complicated.
whatshername in the wheelchair and the priest guy have been murdering people and having wheelchair lady remote-pilot prosthetic bodies that look like the people who were murdered and also one that looks like The Major. This is part of a plan to ascend people to digital heaven because they picked the Betamax of the cyberbrain format wars and can't get replacement parts. They're playing all sides of various political and military conflicts to advance this agenda.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

There's another GITS movie? And it's not a prequel? Wow
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I watched like, 1-2 episodes of arise, but my understanding is that basically, GITS rebooted itself, so the movie isn't a prequel, but it sure isn't a sequel either, since it doesn't cover events happening after Stand Alone and 2nd GIG, it describes events that happen in an alternate universe where none of that ever happened.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Kaelik wrote:I watched like, 1-2 episodes of arise, but my understanding is that basically, GITS rebooted itself, so the movie isn't a prequel, but it sure isn't a sequel either, since it doesn't cover events happening after Stand Alone and 2nd GIG, it describes events that happen in an alternate universe where none of that ever happened.
I'm pretty sure it's prequels.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

sigma999 wrote:
Kaelik wrote:I watched like, 1-2 episodes of arise, but my understanding is that basically, GITS rebooted itself, so the movie isn't a prequel, but it sure isn't a sequel either, since it doesn't cover events happening after Stand Alone and 2nd GIG, it describes events that happen in an alternate universe where none of that ever happened.
I'm pretty sure it's prequels.
Have you watched them?