Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

@Ancient History
And they still get left and right wrong
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Maj wrote:Uh... Is that real?
#4 in a series.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Ancient History wrote:Warning, this one might offend folks.
Well, that's the whole point, isn't it?
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Did you know the Italians have over 200 words for pasta?"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ancient History wrote:<goose>
Edit: christ that image is hu-egg.
Last edited by Prak on Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

apparently from CNBC

The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Has it, though?
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:Has it, though?
It has "brand awareness", which is what passes for quality these days.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

As sokka once said to Toph:"Why do you feel the need to do that? ._."
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Last edited by Dogbert on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

why can rock candy not be refrigerated?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

As it warms up, water condenses on the crystals, dissolving and becoming a mess.

Incidentally, I'm not sure why refrigeration for cake is mandatory (unless there's a special circumstance like fruit or a different icing or high temperatures). Most cake doesn't need to be in the fridge, and in fact, refrigeration makes it get stale faster.
Last edited by Maj on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

most cakes come with chocolate and cream and stuff that goes runny when not refrigerated. Or mushier in case of fruit.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Maybe in Germany. But here, your average cake isn't going to do that. Not even with chocolate or cream cheese frosting. And most fruit fillings are really thick like jam/pie filling, and so it's OK. So unless it's less processed fruit, or a special frosting like whipped cream, it will still be fine. Tastes better, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

This was, of course, the legendary starting point of the "vageode."
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Never would have thought of that. These cakes are pretty common now, though not, perhaps, that shade of pink.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Ice cream cakes exist, and are my personal choice for my birthday.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Someone say cake?

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass