The Biden Administration (No Lago)

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

PseudoStupidity
Master

Re: The Biden Administration (No Lago)

Post by PseudoStupidity »

Oh right, I did hear about that! Thanks for the info everyone. Another example of the Democrats (who say the Republicans are a threat to democracy) refusing to actually fight the Republicans as if they were a threat to democracy. I wonder when, or if, the Democrats will ever start taking action that matches their rhetoric.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

https://theintercept.com/2022/09/30/jan ... cy-pelosi/

People should probably some kind of lesson from things like this!
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Not enough, since it still keeps many people in jail, but he'll yeah. Google joe biden Marijuana pardon (and rescheduling). This will free thousands of people.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Federal Pardons for Marijuana offenses seems cool. That came out of left field.
-This space intentionally left blank
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I regret that I fell for Joe Biden saying he was going to do a good thing. It turns out, you don't have to hand it to ISIS (Joe Biden).

It appears that this pardon will not release even a single person from prison. LMAO. amazing.

PseudoStupidity
Master

He's also asking governors to pardon people who are in prison for state-level simple possession charges, which may free some people! His pardon of federal simple possession allows folks with convictions to function better in society as you lose access to a bunch of stuff (like federal assistance programs for higher education) when you get convicted. The request to reschedule weed is nice too, because that's fucking decades overdue.

Nothing important is guaranteed to happen aside from the people who were previously convicted of simple possession getting access to things they should have never lost access to. It's not nothing, but it is barely anything. It's still a positive move, but the sort of positive move that makes you wonder why the fuck he didn't do something larger. Why bother with this? Full legalization is very popular, ~2/3rds of the country want it and that is a majority of both Republicans and Democrats. Just make it legal and do a mass pardon, the country would love that.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Joe biden is basically an 8 year old kid who doesn't want to go to the doctor doing a slow mo walk with tiny steps.

He wants you to stop pointing out that he isn't working toward the goal, but he also wants to make the literal minimum amount of movement in that direction to ensure you never get anything

Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Oh, good analogy, think I'll steal borrow that.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Manchin has officially announced he's going to kill any attempt to raise the debt cieling without republican votes because he's really happy the GOP will be able to help him force social security cuts using the debt cieling as leverage now.

In case you were wondering what always doing whatever Manchin wants and never pressuring him and pre caving to any demand he makes results in: Not only do you only pass the bad republican infastructure bill, but you also get literally fuck all when it comes to a really basic ask like "let's not shut down the entire goverernment." Less then fuck all, because he specifically tells you "nah, I'm going to help shut down the government unless you give me more things."

Anyway, Biden expanded the use of Title 42 from what Trump did to exclude more people because he's evil, and the admin just stepped in to argue that MBS should be immune to a lawsuit for the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, because when he said "I will make KSA a pariah" he always meant "I will do literally anything to help them do more genocide and never face any accountability of any kind because all the many horrific actions of the KSA are in the US national security state's interest."

Oh yeah, they also took down the student loan app website because the trial court judge that issues a national injunction every time anyone does anything said they can't forgive debt. Sure, they COULD have just kept the website up and kept doing all the work up to forgiving debt without forgiving it (if they wanted to obey absolutely bullshit court orders), but have you considered that the midterms are over and Biden never actually wanted to forgive student debt in the first place?

Debt payments will still resume though, you can bet on that.

Donald Trump was better then Joe Biden on Student Debt Relief. Only a democrat could have started up student debt payments again and given zero forgiveness, because a republican would have paid a political price for it. (Dems will pay the price, but they love losing because they fucked poor people again, it's their favorite thing, so they don't mind.)

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Joe Biden calling for Congress to pass a law to impose the things voted down by the railworker union on the union, because god forbid the rail workers get the sick leave they demanded.

Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

But he said that as a proud pro-Labour President he was reluctant when he did it, so that's ok.
PseudoStupidity
Master

There is something darky hilarious about how the Democrats act when they do evil shit. "I'm sorry, Jack," Biden says as he signs a contract with Beelzebub, enveloping 115,000 rail workers in hellfire. "I wish there was some other way."

The furthest left, most pro-labor president of my lifetime. He sees workers struggling to get sick leave of all things (and less garbage schedules, holy shit I cannot believe how bad they've got it) and decides to weigh in on the side of people who were the very genesis of the term "robber baron."
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Congress waking up from months of slumber to pass this bill in a week.

Hope the rail workers wildcat strike so we can all watch the democrats just order the national guard to shoot them into submission. Cannot handle how incredibly fucked up it is that like 15 sick days a year for these workers is the line where biden can't handle it.

A pretty shitty president like Truman nationalized the rail lines to resolve a labor conflict but for Joe biden when we are still within the period where the rail companies could just agree to give the workers 15 wick days a year, joe biden comes out to announce that rail companies definitely shouldn't do that because the entire state will be leveraged to crush the workers.

PseudoStupidity
Master

I personally hope the strike happens and the US finally gets a proper understanding that laborers are the ones who do all the work, but I would also hate a strike because of all the harm it does to random fucking people (and the strikers in particular, as they'll probably get arrested in droves or outright murdered). Something something eggs something something omelettes, I suppose. I still find it incredibly fucking stupid of the ruling class to not avert this disaster by being slightly less greedy bastards, but they wouldn't be the ruling class if they weren't the greediest bastards on the planet. Something something scorpions something something frogs, I suppose.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I mean sure the railroad companies could give the workers everything they demand and make only 21.3 billion dollars of profit instead of 22 billion.

But why bother when you can count on the democrats to union bust the workers and pass a law forcing your terms and then order the national guard to shoot anyone who strikes?

What's the worst case? That the democrats lose elections? That's also good for you!

Democrats are constantly "only nixon can go to China"ing by fucking the workers whenever one of the two parties needs to take the blame and lose elections because the democrats know who their actual constituents are (the people who pay them) and are willing to lose elections if that's what is required to keep concentrating the wealth in the hands of the rich.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

LMAO, Pelosi going to BBB "split the bill" to make sure the sick leave dies. Wonder if the maybe 50 dems who actually care will fall for this dumb fraud again so soon with no update of the playbook at all.

Also worth mentioning as the already resigned to pasing nothing congress gears up to slam something through in a week, the GOP keeps saying "can't wait for that debt cieling to hit so we can use our leverage to cut social security" and then democrats say "Yes, we also agree and will not address the debt cieling until you have the house so that we can better help cut social security."

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Marco fucking Rubio is actually opposed to "any deal that doesn't reflect the will of the workers" and claims he'll vote against such a thing.

Now obviously it's a tactical, political decision to do that: try to divide and wedge the Democrats so they can't pass anything (and can be attacked for their uselessness), and generally "we were always going to vote against anything you do", and he's just claiming a good reason to do that. But nonetheless, he at least recognises what the good reason is, and what people would actually want the resolution to be. Stopped clocks and all that.

Just so we understand that Joe "the most progressive president ever" Biden has a worse stance on this matter than Marco Rubio.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The bill officially split (and passed the house).

Nancy pelosi has successfully guaranteed that workers will be strike broken and will not get sick days.

Hope there's a wildcat, absolutely fuck democrats.

(Also your favorite Democrat in the house voted to strike break unless your favorite is Rashida Tlaib.)

This is the full list of who voted against. Notice lots of progressives missing:

Judy Chu (CA)
Mark DeSaulnier (CA)
Jared F. Golden (ME)
Donald Norcross (NJ)
Mary Sattler Peltola (AK)
Mark Pocan (WI)
Rashida Tlaib (MI)
Norma J. Torres (CA)

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Reminder. If a democratic senator (or an independant one) votes against this strike breaking bill, it will contribute, in the aggregators, to them ranking as "less liberal" then someone who votes for strike breaking.

So true leftist Amy Klobucher is going to move a little more left and Bernie Sanders a little more right with this vote the next time someone wants to post a little chart that says that all democratic presidential candidates are basically exactly the same.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I don't understand why Hakeem Jefferies is quoting George Wallace about segregation in his defense of Israeli aparthied, but can't wait for democrats to elect him speaker of the house.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Wow paid sick leave failed in the senate by exactly one vote! Who could have guessed!

Anyway good thing they split the strike breaking off so that they can still break a strike without paid sick leave.

Two more no votes, 43 against.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

The Joe Biden admin was ordered by a district court to halt the Joe Biden admin policy of turning away all migrants at the southern border using Title 42 as a justification.

The Joe Biden admin has decided to appeal that ruling today, and will seek to be able to continue to turn away migrants at the southern border because letting them in might introduce COVID to the US.

Neo Phonelobster Prime
Knight

Post by Neo Phonelobster Prime »

So I assume they at oh I don't know, any point closed US borders to people LEAVING the US to prevent spreading COVID to other countries, what with the USA being rife with it.

I mean they definitely did that right? As a citizen in a country that is super special friendzies with the USA who definitely cares about us and also as a country for which the majority of international COVID cases that came into the country were from the USA they definitely do that right?

I mean. We were too friendzies to close our borders to the USA even when it was the most diseased leper nation in the world and even when we basically closed our borders to all dirty remotely non-white nations evil anti-freedom hell holes. But the USA cares about borders and COVID so much that it counts both ways right?
- The rarely observed alternative timeline Phonelobster
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I mean theres a reason that migrants must be turned away from only the southern border to prevent the introduction of covid to the us.

It's because white people from Canada cannot introduce covid as it is a race specific bioweapon that only all black and brown people have according to the Biden admin.

Neo Phonelobster Prime
Knight

Post by Neo Phonelobster Prime »

Well, that does seem to check out, it seems to be same reasoning Australia used for it's COVID border closure decisions.
- The rarely observed alternative timeline Phonelobster