"Exceptional Fluff" - the bane of RPGs (rant)

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Koumei wrote:Weren't Dragonblooded the ones with awesome martial arts trees and ability charms?
Solars, Sidereals, Abyssals, and Dragon-Blooded all have Ability-based Charms; as opposed to the Lunars and Alchemicals who have Attribute-based Charms, and the Fair Folk and Spirits who have Virtue-based Charms. The Sidereals are most closely associated with awesome Martial Arts trees. The Immaculate Elemental Styles are associated with the DBs (and more awesome than normal DB effects), but any Exalt can learn those.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Oh right, Siderials. Yeah, them. My experience is only the first session of a Solar game (I played a very lulzworthy ninja) and a con-game where I was handed the high-powered Abyssal.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Roy wrote:Why the fuckity fuckstar has no one mentioned the Star Wars system yet?
Which version? SW d20?

SW Sage is much better (IMHO).
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

I guess it's D20. Not sure exactly. I just remember the rulebook constantly fapping off to Luke and Han and all of the others... when it's supposed to be about you.
Fuchs
Duke

Post by Fuchs »

In the revised edition I felt the iconics were neglected a bit - I remember level 10 characters that left all the "iconic pilots" in the dust when it came to flying. I thought they could use a bit more optimisation, not less.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

I also distinctly remember having to deal with some AC 30 shit at level 1... I think it was a ship or something. I also remember these troops who had some high AC and DR 6 at the same level... and getting one hit gibbed by them. Which just further reinforces that whole mook thing. I mean sure, I'd expect level 1s to be fragile and all, but when every challenge but one is don't fucking try... Combined with the above...

It's like Elminster in Space.
Beth_Naught
1st Level

Post by Beth_Naught »

Roy wrote:It's like Elminster in Space.
Slightly better than FATAL, probably.

Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

You sir or madam, are made of Win and Awesome.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

I hate self-insert characters.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.