Is there a word or term for this writing problem?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Is there a word or term for this writing problem?

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

It's been pointed out to me and I have also noticed that I have a weird habit when typing or writing.

Occasionally, I'll omit entire words when typing up something. Usually small ones, but occasionally I'll forget to put in bigger ones. I don't think it's a typo since the rest of the sentence comes out correctly and I forget to put in the entire word.

Weird.
Roy
Prince

Re: Is there a word or term for this writing problem?

Post by Roy »

Lago PARANOIA wrote:It's been pointed out to me and I have also noticed that I have a weird habit when typing or writing.

Occasionally, I'll omit entire words when typing up something. Usually small ones, but occasionally I'll forget to put in bigger ones. I don't think it's a typo since the rest of the sentence comes out correctly and I forget to put in the entire word.

Weird.
Your mind is faster than your hands. If you're smart and don't pull a triple digit WPM figure, it happens sometimes.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

The scientific term for it is "Oops, I accidentally all the words!".
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

This sentence no verb.

-Username17
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

FrankTrollman wrote:This sentence no verb.

-Username17
It took me three times to realize that this sentence was missing a word.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Lago, you should always proofread, until you're sure you didn't any word out.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

FrankTrollman wrote:This sentence no verb.

-Username17
:rofl:
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

My own unique problem is that I often go back and start making changes in my writing.

Then I leave things in, and have duplicated words, or orphaned clauses, or just a bunch of words that no longer belong. I seem to have poor editing vision when it comes to a computer screen, and I don't realize that I've orphaned words when I do my edits.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Heh, I do that a fair bit as well lago, I have some other choice "typoesqe" gems as well.

I interchange d's and g's in my handwriting, typing, and even speech. It made my chess notation all but impossible to follow as a lad, and often leads me to great annoyance.

I also do freudian slips allllll the damned time and rarely even notice (my wife notices though, oh yes, and she takes great delight in reminding me that I made no sense). Only they don't seem very freudian, they just seem totally random.

Also, when I am not paying attention I will do things like put cereal in the fridge and milk in the cupboard.

Because of this, I proof-check most everything I do, in writing, speaking, and just doing.

I also, use, too many, commas.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

clikml wrote: I also do freudian penises allllll the damned time
fix'd
Heath Robinson
Knight

Post by Heath Robinson »

clikml wrote:I also, use, too many, commas.
I used to use too many commas. I've been working on that - now I misuse a wider variety of punctuation.
Face it. Today will be as bad a day as any other.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Bigode wrote:Lago, you should always proofread, until you're sure you didn't any word out.
I'm convinced it's the entire reason the edit button exists on forums.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.