I think someone haxxed Conservapedia.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

cthulhu
Duke

Re: I think someone haxxed Conservapedia.

Post by cthulhu »

Most viewed pages

1. Main Page‎ [1,917,534]
2. Homosexuality‎ [1,589,863]
3. Homosexuality and Hepatitis‎ [517,599]
4. Homosexuality and Promiscuity‎ [421,418]
5. Gay Bowel Syndrome‎ [396,712]
6. Homosexuality and Parasites‎ [391,909]
7. Homosexual Couples and Domestic Violence‎ [373,419]
8. Homosexuality and Gonorrhea‎ [331,774]
9. Homosexuality and Mental Health‎ [292,893]
10. Homosexual Agenda‎ [271,194]

FUNNIEST SHIT EVER.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Nice find.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Awesome
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Assuming this wasn't haxxed, anyone care to speculate the reason for these numbers?

I have my own theories but I'm a mean ol' cuss so I'll go last.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I should edit the page of some conservative dude and say he enjoys farting into his cupped hand, then bringing his hand swiftly to his nose to sample the aromas.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Gay.. bowel.. syndrome...

Oh, and here's a related vid to your comment, Count. Sortof.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OVnbhugCWCA& ... related[br]
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Those are just stats from their engine, which is generally acceptable.

The reason for those numbers is that several 'name' conservatives have used conservapedia entry on Gay Bowel Syndrome* as bibliography. So that leads to more reading of those pages.

Since the site is, unpopular made-up bunk, it's just showing how crappy the site really is. And how focused conservatives are on bowels.

-Crissa

* Gay Bowel Syndrome was a precursor diagnosis to AIDS; as HIV lowers the immune system, that lead to a greater incident of sexually transmitted diseases and other infections in the bowels.

Kinda like a 'duh' statement, really.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1195876484[/unixtime]]Since the site is, unpopular made-up bunk, it's just showing how crappy the site really is. And how focused conservatives are on bowels.

Honestly I'm still surprised that so many conseratives have access to the internet, or own computers, or a cellphone. Who would have thought?
Lago_AM3P
Duke

Post by Lago_AM3P »

Yeah, as funny as it would be to not be hax, I think someone is actually playing with the website.

Today's statistics:

Main Pageý [1,942,455]
Homosexualityý [1,650,886]
Homosexuality and Hepatitisý [518,284]
Homosexuality and Parasitesý [452,844]
Homosexuality and Promiscuityý [422,433]
Gay Bowel Syndromeý [403,481]
Homosexual Couples and Domestic Violenceý [374,309]
Homosexuality and Gonorrheaý [332,204]
Homosexuality and Anal Cancerý [294,664]
Homosexuality and Mental Healthý [294,071]

Such there's a huge increase of viewing of certain categories without a corresponding increase in the other categories, this is strong evidence of someone fooling around with the website.

Oh, well.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Hello? Did you read my reply?

It's a small website that doesn't have many hits at all, that's quoted as a source in several bibliographies for Gay Bowel Disease. It is the only contemporary source cited - as the term basically died out in the mid seventies.

No hax. They're just that lame. There's no evidence that there was a specific 'burst' in usage statistics.

-Crissa
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

* Atheism (4,476,739)
* Main Page (3,746,029)
* Homosexuality (3,202,261)
* Barack Obama (645,735)
* Wikipedia (597,115)
* John McCain (545,979)
* Sarah Palin (504,304)
* Joseph Biden (491,979)
* United States Presidential Election, 2008 (489,925)
* Liberal (484,266)
lol, looks like SOMEONE has been scrubbing their website. :8D
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well, that was fun... until a self-righteous ass of a mod IP blocked me because I corrected their page on satan...

It's kinda hard to ask a mod why you were banned on a wiki, ain't it?

edit: But it's not difficult to create a new account... apparently I haven't been IP banned... fun. :flames:

edit: Ok, now I've been IP blocked... I can't even create a new account... messing with christians is a lot more fun in RL...
Last edited by Prak on Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Prak_Anima wrote:well, that was fun... until a self-righteous ass of a mod IP blocked me because I corrected their page on satan...

edit: But it's not difficult to create a new account... apparently I haven't been IP banned... fun. :flames:

edit: Ok, now I've been IP blocked... I can't even create a new account... messing with christians is a lot more fun in RL...
IP masking?
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Judging__Eagle wrote:
Prak_Anima wrote:well, that was fun... until a self-righteous ass of a mod IP blocked me because I corrected their page on satan...

IP masking?
Wuzzut?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Use a proxy. Google it if you want to know how.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Prak_Anima wrote:
Judging__Eagle wrote:

IP masking?
Wuzzut?
http://www.conservapedia.com/IP_Masking

Why? just look it up on their great encyclopedia. :-D
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

What did you fix?

-Crissa
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

factual errors on their "Theistic Satanism" and Satan pages, and expanded on some theories for Lucifer's fall on the Satan Page.

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Factual errors on a .... How do you get it wrong, exactly? Choose the wrong book? How is this even relevant to anything in the world that should be i an encyclopedia?

-Crissa
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Crissa wrote:Factual errors on a .... How do you get it wrong, exactly? Choose the wrong book? How is this even relevant to anything in the world that should be i an encyclopedia?
This' certainly relevant enough to deserve space in an encyclopedia, but I dunno the relevance for Conservapedia. And one could get it wrong by explaining a single view as being the only view, for example.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Bigode wrote:And one could get it wrong by explaining a single view as being the only view, for example.
Even I'm not dense enough to not know that's the point of Conservopedia. To get things wrong from a single point of view.

-Crissa
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Crissa wrote:
Bigode wrote:And one could get it wrong by explaining a single view as being the only view, for example.
Even I'm not dense enough to not know that's the point of Conservopedia. To get things wrong from a single point of view.
LOL - but I suppose that for "an encyclopedia", my points stand.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

To be honest, it's more about playing Devil's Advocate on the satan page, on the theistic satanism page, however, it's about stopping Libel.

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Prak_Anima wrote:To be honest, it's more about playing Devil's Advocate on the satan page, on the theistic satanism page, however, it's about stopping Libel.
But without Libel, why would they even need conservapedia?

-Username17