[Dom3]Yet another EA game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

koz
Duke

[Dom3]Yet another EA game

Post by koz »

Since the LA game is now definitively dead, I'm up for another. EA game, wraparound map, about 8 players maximum.

My preferences, in order:

1) Abysia
2) Marveni
3) Arcosephale
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

i'm in.

1. Caelum
2. Pangea
3. Hinnom
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Yeah, that could be fun.

1. R'lyeh
2. Atlantis
3. Tien Ch'i
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

If I haven't used up all my goodwill, I'd like to get in on this. I can promise to be much prompter in the early turns now. My preferences would be

Kailasa, Lanka, Pangaea
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I would like to sign up, but I've got some faction deciding to do. Which is significantly harder for me to do without the dom3 wiki. Doesn't help that the first three people's firsts would have been my entire three. :tongue: But I won't make anyone flip. Plenty of factions to go around.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSM: There's a reason why people make three picks - so pick whichever faction you like!
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Mister wrote:DSM: There's a reason why people make three picks - so pick whichever faction you like!
Nah, I actually found a faction I'm excited to give a try:

1) Sauromatia
2) Lanka
3) C'tis
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

If any of you guys have room for more games, I'm looking for subs for:
EA Niefelheim and MA Vanheim.

Both are powerful midgame positions at war with relatively few players left (Vanheim has Pangaea and Mictlan with Pangaea severely wounded, Niefelheim has Hinnom, Ryleh, Pangaea capital only and Caelum severely wounded), both are relatively clear and straightforward, with commanders named as paths, etcetera, etcetera.

I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I figured people seeking new games might be able to help me out.
K
King

Post by K »

Lanka
Sauromatia
Hellheim
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

That Vanheim game sounds like a fun... oh wait.

Well, I'd gladly sub your Niefels.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Well, it seems we've got six. Would anyone care to recommend a map? We'd want about 120 provinces, preferably wraparound.

The only 'standard' map that fits our criteria is Parganos, but it's not wraparound, so it's not as good. The Desert Eye is OK, but it really sucks to be R'lyeh on that map...
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

That one is a little smaller:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/ind ... wtopic=449
96+12
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I approve of this map. If I don't hear otherwise in 24 hours, game begins on this map.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

It seems very quirky. I'm not sure if that will make it fun, annoying, or just different. Whatever; full steam ahead unless someone says otherwise!
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSMatticus wrote:It seems very quirky. I'm not sure if that will make it fun, annoying, or just different. Whatever; full steam ahead unless someone says otherwise!
Honestly, for your faction, this is awesome, since you're being some fish people. For my faction, it royally sucks, because Abysia is all about fire and literally nothing else ever.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Mister_Sinister wrote:
DSMatticus wrote:It seems very quirky. I'm not sure if that will make it fun, annoying, or just different. Whatever; full steam ahead unless someone says otherwise!
Honestly, for your faction, this is awesome, since you're being some fish people. For my faction, it royally sucks, because Abysia is all about fire and literally nothing else ever.
? I'm trying Sauromatia. You might mean Ancient History, who's trying R'lyeh.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

DSMatticus wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:
I really have to learn to read sometime.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Mister_Sinister wrote:
DSMatticus wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:
I really have to learn to read sometime.
No biggie. Don't need to know who's who until you're bumping into them, anyway.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

I'm cool with the map.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Game is up here. Please submit your nations. We will be using the Broken Kingdoms map posted above for this game.
Last edited by koz on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Did everyone get their first choice of nation?
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

K wrote:Did everyone get their first choice of nation?
Yep. For completeness and utility:

Mister_Sinister: Abysia
Drago: Caelum
Ancient History: R'lyeh
Orion: Kailasa
DSM: Sauromatia
K: Lanka
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

I'm at work now but can put my pretender in tonight.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Let Hell come to the Broken Kingdoms.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

[Stereotypical British Accent]

All Hail Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth III, successor of Queen Nora I, who died in a tragic expedition of unknown lands.

Greetings to the people of these lands. We are part Her Majesty's Royal Air Force, the Caelum division.

We come looking for new land to claim in our new Queen's name. But we come in peace, hoping to establish friendly ties with our neighbours.

[/Stereotypical British Accent]