[Dom4] WhoIsLeft - Game (w)On

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Just turned in turn 28. I resubbed in my second turn 26 2h file when we redid that turn for the third time, and that caused a C'tis stale. Not a big deal to me unless it matters to someone else. We might have some pretty interesting battles soon.

EDIT: And happy holidays, everyone! I had a great thanksgiving, hope things are wonderful for everyone else too.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I've just had a medical problem show up and may not be able to play for a while. And finals are next week. Ermor is likely to need a sub again.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
K
King

Post by K »

It's really hard to break the spirit of a human player if they keep subbing out.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Lols.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

It seems our strategy is working...
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Those fucking scouts screwed me up a lot. Stop throwing your scouts into the blender right now or I'll consider it an act of war. I will fucking turn away from losing to Ctis just to hurt you if you don't stop doing that.

-Tien Chi
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I would like to thank K for teaching me an important lesson: Don't use the blood magic that summons horrors continuously when the only horror-marked people on the field are your mages.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

@Frank: After the game, can you explain why? But sure, I can do that.

Also, I'm out for the weekend until Monday afternoon; I'll be able to submit turn 29, but possibly not turn 30th - mind if we get a hold on that?
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Oh, just looked at the turn file --- sorry. Didn't realize shit like that would happen.
K
King

Post by K »

Alright, I'm going AI.

My strategy for this game was a late-game strategy for lots of devils where I had a Pretender to build a devil contract a turn starting on Turn 12. It's been an Abysia experiment that I've wanted to try for a while in MP, so that was fun even if it's obviously substandard.

It didn't help that I had an aggressive neighbor who attacked on Turn 12. Still, I've put a lot of undead back in the ground.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I've tried that a few times; it's never really worked out in a multiplayer game.
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Hicks did offer a generous peace deal. If you had a late-game strategy you should probably have taken the deal.
K
King

Post by K »

name_here wrote:Hicks did offer a generous peace deal. If you had a late-game strategy you should probably have taken the deal.
Hick's behavior in this game made me think that he'd refuse to honor any peace deals.

That being said, his "generous" deal was to give me back only some of the land he'd taken and that I was quickly taking back anyway, but he'd keep key positions very close to my capital for a Dom push. It would have been worse than continuing the fighting even if he wasn't using the peace as cover to concentrate forces to the front for a massive attack (Ermor's specialty).
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Yeah... I wasn't gonna do that. I straight up told my battle plan to two other players. What I wanted to do was get enough land provinces with enough forts to prosecute wars accross the map using the central seas. I would have consolidated and left you alone as a buffer state against like Tien'chi or Ashdod or whatever. My goal wasn't winning, everybody is better than me, my goal was surviving for as long as possible. And even with the war between us, I traded free spawn for an infrastructure advantage, and Ermor came out ahead. But, and I mean this seriously, I would have kept every single promise I made, just as I did keep my promises to others.

Would Ermor's oldest agreement back me up on this?
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I assume that's directed at me.

Ermor has been a very good neighbor, although I'm not clear how much of that has been genuine goodwill and how much has been spin to cover for an unwillingness to contest me. But in terms of promises kept: yes, full integrity.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Ermor has been a good neighbor because it literally can't be a bad one. All of it's forces have been tied up with dying in large numbers on the Abysia front.

As for Hick's overall strategy, it is gratifying to hear that he was playing to lose because it explains his negotiating strategy of "I'm taking your shit and I don't think you can do anything about it." That certainly is a quick way to provoke an early war that cripples your long-term growth and makes it impossible to compete in late game.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I just got back from my weekend in Seattle and was expecting a new turn file.
Game: WhoIsLeft
Turn number 29
Next turn due: 17:33 GMT on Thursday December 11th

Abysia 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Sceleria 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i Waiting for 2h file
So what's the status of the game, here? I'm back and good, Abysia is going AI, and Ermor is in need of a sub?
name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

Well, I'm feeling better now, so I can keep running Ermor
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I am in the emergency department, and won't be able to turn my turn in. That's going to be the way of it for quite a bit. So I'm going to punch out as well.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Ah, I was wondering what the holdup was there. My own schedule is just starting to recover from various crises of my own.

Are people still into this game with all the delays?
Should we try to find a sub for TC?
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I'm still into this game!
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Me too, but it's been a bumpy ride.
Any takers for Frank's place? I would hate to AI my neighbor.
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

Maybe post in the general Dom4 thread in case people aren't looking at this one?
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

I can take over as a sub if you need. PM me the details and let me know when the turn needs to be in.
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

WOOO! SUCCESS!